Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to win. However, I'm expecting a good deal of complaining about how scum didn't deserve to win. Not that I would know anything about that sort of thing, I just take what I can get.

@poly, nowai, I won't let you slander meibum's play like that :D

I enjoyed trying to guess the scum this game, even if all guesses were almost all wrong. Not having the pressure to post was a big help to my morale :)

I think mafia deserved the win. Both sides were pretty powerful but scum used their roles better. Grass played well as well.

I want to roll town more. ;_;

I feel like I haven't had a particularly good town game since MCM, and I desperately want to rectify that.

I was already over this

N1, scum RB blocks a vanilla, JoAT blocks kevin

D2, kevin claims he was blocked

N2, scum RB knows kevin is a pr, and blocks kevin

it's not an actual flaw in the claim.

If Elie wants to postgame today, cool. Otherwise it'll have to wait. Though you can have the first part now:

[09/11/2013 14:10:28] SB: Things to be learnt from this game:
1. Don't end the phase unless everyone agrees and there's a near-guaranteed scum.
2. Reread during the night.
3. Check that people's claims don't contradict their actions.
[09/11/2013 14:10:44] Manix: pretty much
[09/11/2013 14:10:48] Manix: postgame.txt

Also if there's a flipped roleblock that was scum and there's no other flipped/claimed source of a roleblock, consider the fact that maybe the person who's claimed blocked twice isn't lying and is in fact not scum.

One of the biggest reasons I didn't want a scum victory was because of meibum's conduct. And now that this game is over, I'll explain why.

You and shmobum came in and voted BBM at a time when 11 pages of the game had already progressed, without any evidence of even having checked where the votes were. In a worst-case scenario, this could have hammered BBM and this is terrible play.

While my first post directed at you guys could have been more tactful, it was not, as you're so fond of crying about, hostile in any way whatsoever. If I had said something like, "Hey, idiot twins. There's a game going on. Stop fooling around and play properly," then you would have a point. But I didn't say that, did I?

Your entire case on me was that I was hostile, but I was never hostile. And if you had actually read the thread, you would have noticed that I wasn't anymore "hostile" than anyone else in the game, and that at least one person was arguably more hostile than anything I had done in the game.

Even when I corrected a mistake you made back in D1, telling you that I never spoke about SB, you cried about I'm so hostile and overly critical and you can't edit your posts. This is mafia, and if you're going to continue playing here then get used to it because that amount of "hostility" is normal and you'll see it from everyone else. Also, you had no right to call me out on "breaking rule 0", and scorri can back me up on this as well because she herself said it. Not only did I never break "rule 0", but it is not for players to call each other out on that in the first place.

What really pissed me off, though, is when you continued to take shots at my "hostility" well after I subbed out of the game and couldn't even respond. This is not okay. Not only was I not hostile, but you never even said WHY you felt I was hostile or asked me to stop. You just wanted to cry about how I was such a meanie. If you had actually told me how I was being hostile instead of just crying about it and making me look like the bad guy, I would have tried to be less "hostile" or not do what bothered you. The fact that you only singled me out makes it look like you just wanted to make me look like the bad guy and make everyone pity you.

I do not like people like this, and I've had enough of looking like the bad guy over issues that do not exist or I am getting singled out over. So answer me, where was I being hostile and why was it hostile to you?

Both sides weren't powerful at all. >_> Town only had Masons, two Docs, and a super nerfed QA that couldn't ask for alignment. Except the wolf gave zero shits about the Doc and the mafia also had a Governor. Town should have had another vanilla at least; 9/3/1 sucks.

But yeah town sucked this game. Seriously wtf Kirsche. "Refa died BBM must be the wolf". What kind of retarded logic led you to vote for me on D3? Shmo was at least new and Mei was scum but your vote was terrible, especially as my arguments were objectively better than Prims's were.

@BBM, I'm not so sure. Masons + doctor and nurse can potentially be up to four clears, and question asker is no slouch since it can indirectly tell alignments and can be manipulated by somebody experienced (I don't know to what extent loopholes would have been closed off but based on the N3 question I'd guess not too much). If refa hadn't got the right hook N1 kirsche would have been a major factor in this game.

Edit: not necessarily saying the setup is completely balanced but town had a fair amount of power.

Edited by Huck Finn

It was closed such that Kirsche couldn't ask any question that would confirm to him somebody's alignment. Like he couldn't be like "hey is someone living on this wagon scum" if that only applied to him and one other person. And the wolf and governor could kill the Doc/Nurse easily. TBF how things played out role-wise were rather unlucky for town (Mason 1 dying N1, both Docs dying D2, Mason 2 dying N2) but even then I rarely find that roles make up for numbers.