I dont care if everyone loves you or thinks you rock, I hate you and dont intend on ever using you!

Darros

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your early game in fe6 must be interesting without flying rescue drops.

I just take my time. I'm the type of person who has the patience to wait for super slow supports to build up, so playing without flying units isn't that much of an issue.

I just take my time. I'm the type of person who has the patience to wait for super slow supports to build up, so playing without flying units isn't that much of an issue.

Lots of people(AKA most of us here) play for efficiency. Also flying units are still nice to have around, even if it isn't for rescue-drop botting.

I have used Thany once for HM. Started off well, but her con score got painful. I didn't know at the time that chapter 21's secret shop sold body rings.

I have used Thany once for HM. Started off well, but her con score got painful. I didn't know at the time that chapter 21's secret shop sold body rings.

Much as I love training her for use in combat, that's not really her selling point. Very much isn't, actually.

I just like making chapters 5, 8x, 9, and 11E a lot easier on me. Actually 10E as well. Robe lets her survive the ballista (for one hit, anyway) and she can rescue drop somebody to take out the ballista the following turn then draw the Berserker to a tree. And the other ones have obvious rescue drop potential. Also chapter 14, 14x, 15, though you have Miledy and Tate by then. Still useful to have her, though, for some of that.

It's not so much turn count, really, just not feeling like half my units on the map aren't doing anything.

anykind of paladin (pegasus and wyverns are ok in my book)

I have no idea why, but in my book Generals>Paladins (yes, I play very defensive)

You're not the only one my friend! Playing defensively gives you a very different view on Fire Emblem: I've played defensively over my entire (year and a bit's) FE career and am often puzzled for a second when people complain that Mages can't take any damage, because mine never do anyway. Oddly enough my defensive style originated years ago in Advance Wars when a friend commented that I played too aggressively and wastefully and I may have overcompensated a bit. Huge turncounts and discovering the playtime cap in RD spring to mind...

But anyway, mounted knights/Paladins have never done it for me. I used two in my first run of SD (my first EVER play of FE) and if became apparent quite soon that I needed to drop a Cavalier and take another healer, not that there was a good one on offer. I do still appreciate the value of mobile units when the player phase rolls around and they offer you more tactical flexibility and fliers are wonderful, but my instinct has always been to wall up, endure and bombard. I wonder if someone somewhere might be interested in a defence manual?

Eh. I'm the exact opposite. If you're a unmounted physical class and not a Myrm/Swordmaster or a Merc/Hero, chances are that I won't use you. There are a few exception, but in general, unless you're a swordie, the Lord, or a magic user, I prefer mounted units.

Exception is FE4 and FEDS, where I'm willing to use Snipers, and in the latter, Generals, on a class basis.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm not sure where I stand on physical classes as it heavily depends on the quality of that game's magic users which are always my priority. I do have a love/hate relationship with Armor Knights (except Oswin, who is a god), though.

Like Byte, I actually got my start in the Advance Wars series, although my style was never aggressive, so I never had that sort of issue. I do tend to play more defensively in FE, though. Anyway, on to my list...

FE7: Sain (IDK why. Kent always turns out better for me)

Serra (Sorry Serra, but I value high move over possibly better stats)

Dorcas (Hector works well enough)

FE8: I pretty much BA and AA in FE8, plus there's unlimited statboosters, so why even bother?

FE9: Titania (Never ever ever... So sorry...)

Shinon (No way)

Gatrie (Too much trouble to be worth anything)

Brom (See above)

Marcia (See above, although I do raise Rolf, who comes in at about the same time)

Makalov (I really dislike your personality)

Anyone recruited past Ch. 15

FE10: Shinon (You really tick me off. A lot)

Titania (Ehhh...)

Laura (Maybe on EM she'd be worth it)

Brom (Tauroneo and Gatrie work fine if I even want an armored unit at all)

Makalov (I really dislike your personality)

Most any Falcoknight, although I do raise Elincia

FE11: Wolf (Not worth it)

Sedgar (No)

Any prepromote (Even if they might be decent, I usually have someone who outranks them by the time they come along)

I do raise Est about 50% of the time, though.

In general, I tend to ignore armored knight units and healers. In FE7, Priscilla was at 9/ at Ch. 23. Needless to say, she didn't promote.

Edited by Flashpoint_1230

[/b]FE11: Wolf (Not worth it)

Sedgar (No)

I take it you mostly play the lower difficulties of SD? In the higher difficulties, they really are great, but, being the person I am and always playing the lowest difficulty of a game first, I know what they're like in the lower difficulties.

I take it you mostly play the lower difficulties of SD? In the higher difficulties, they really are great, but, being the person I am and always playing the lowest difficulty of a game first, I know what they're like in the lower difficulties.

Well, I've actually played NM, and H1-3 and H5. The only mode I haven't tried yet is H4. I don't really like using Sedgar or Wolf under any difficulty setting. And IDK why, but I always raise Linde and Merric (I'm a sucker for good magic users).

@Anouleth

Well, that might be true in AW1, AW2, and AW:DS, but in AW:DoR, the computer also plays defensively while building up its force. Since I was used to an all-out aggressive AI from the other games, I had to adjust my strategy a bit in order to be successful. Basically, aggressive strategies don't work as well in DoR. Not that I ever used them anyway.

FE9:

Gatrie (Too much trouble to be worth anything)

Brom (See above)

Marcia (See above, although I do raise Rolf, who comes in at about the same time)

Marcia is "Too much trouble to be worth anything"?

Um, Marcia is one of the best units in the game. And it's hardly any trouble to give her some bexp and a forge. I mean, you raise Rolf. Marcia is much easier to raise and the results are much much better than you get form raising Rolf.

I never really care who people like using or who they hate using, but if you are going to give reasons that are incorrect I feel the urge to correct you.

Marcia is "Too much trouble to be worth anything"?

Um, Marcia is one of the best units in the game. And it's hardly any trouble to give her some bexp and a forge. I mean, you raise Rolf. Marcia is much easier to raise and the results are much much better than you get form raising Rolf.

I never really care who people like using or who they hate using, but if you are going to give reasons that are incorrect I feel the urge to correct you.

I thought that I'd get a response for that. What I mean to say is that my PoR team is usually based on who I want to transfer for RD. I think that all Peg knights (with the exception of Elincia) are a little harder to use in RD, although Tanith can be BEXPd. So therefore, I don't usually raise Marcia. I know that she'd end up great, though. Also, I know that you receive a ton of money in PoR, but still, I'm extremely conservative with my funds. It must be an instinctual thing. I rarely forge anything. Sometimes I'll make a forge (of an iron lance, mind you) for Nephenee or Oscar, but that's about it.

I always raise Rolf, though, because Shinon absolutely refuses to gain any strength in my copy of RD. So he's useless and wouldn't benefit from a transfer bonus. Rolf always ends up better in every stat except skill.

This is definitely unfair, but IMO, Makalov, Shinon, and Valtome can go fall off a cliff.

Edited by Flashpoint_1230

I thought that I'd get a response for that. What I mean to say is that my PoR team is usually based on who I want to transfer for RD. I think that all Peg knights (with the exception of Elincia) are a little harder to use in RD, although Tanith can be BEXPd. So therefore, I don't usually raise Marcia. I know that she'd end up great, though. Also, I know that you receive a ton of money in PoR, but still, I'm extremely conservative with my funds. It must be an instinctual thing. I rarely forge anything. Sometimes I'll make a forge for Nephenee or Oscar, but that's about it.

Well, a transfer on Marcia still makes part 2 and 3-9 easier. But beyond that yeah, she kinda falls behind in 3-11 and beyond. She's still usable, and great with the Wishblade if you managed to raise her, but it's a lot of work and you don't get all that much more than Neph gives you anyway, and Neph is much easier to raise.

I always raise Rolf, though, because Shinon absolutely refuses to gain any strength in my copy of RD. So he's useless and wouldn't benefit from a transfer bonus. Rolf always ends up better in every stat except skill.

Unlucky. I tend to use bexp on Shinon after other things cap in order to raise his str. Even with the bexp levels, though, if that's all he gets he'd still have trouble in part 4, so I guess I kinda understand.

My reasoning for not using Shinon (aside from RD HM) is that I hate him.

This is definitely unfair, but IMO, Makalov, Shinon, and Valtome can go fall off a cliff.

Valtome? That came out of nowhere.

Well, a transfer on Marcia still makes part 2 and 3-9 easier. But beyond that yeah, she kinda falls behind in 3-11 and beyond. She's still usable, and great with the Wishblade if you managed to raise her, but it's a lot of work and you don't get all that much more than Neph gives you anyway, and Neph is much easier to raise.

Unlucky. I tend to use bexp on Shinon after other things cap in order to raise his str. Even with the bexp levels, though, if that's all he gets he'd still have trouble in part 4, so I guess I kinda understand.

My reasoning for not using Shinon (aside from RD HM) is that I hate him.

Valtome? That came out of nowhere.

Yeah. I don't really need Part 2 to be any easier, though. Really, the only reason that I don't raise Marcia is because I don't like having to worry about bow users, especially in Part 4. And Shinon just annoys me, that's it. It doesn't help when he doesn't gain stats. And yes, my Valtome hate was random. I was just listing the three characters that really get on my nerves.

To be honest, I never really thought about it the first time around and all, so...

FE6:

Dieck (Didn't want to cooperate when I played, though I only played once. Which means if I do play again, you might get a shot at redemption.)

Ray (Apocalypse isn't worth the trouble of raising you. At all.)

Shin (If I ever play hard mode, I DO NOT want to get a ticket to Sacae.)

Gonzales (I really hate missing. Oh, and I despise axe-locked units who can't hit the broad side of a barn.)

FE7:

Dart (See Gonzales, plus Hector is all I need for axe users)

Lowen (Forget it)

Marcus (I don't dislike him, but...)

Guy (I just stopped using him after a certain point because his Strength just wouldn't go up.)

Heath (Pah...)

FE8:

Duessel (I never ever understood all the Duessel hype... I always thought of him as just another mediocre, run-of-the-mill prepromo)

Moulder (For one, I like Natasha waaaay more. Second, you're the reason I have no respect for male healers. Though you don't deserve all the credit...)

FE9:

Rhys (...because you came along and killed it off for good. Though in all honesty, it's because I like Mist more, for one, and second, light magic is abysmally bad in FE9.)

Oscar (I try and try to work with you, but you just won't cooperate)

Soren (I really don't like your personality)

Makalov (See above)

Stefan (Your luck issues concern me. A lot.)

FE10:

Ranulf (Cat laguz are blaaargh in RD, and you're no exception, even if you don't suck.)

Most non-royal laguz (Too much trouble to raise for long-term use unless you feed them BEXP regularly because their leveling speed is slower than molasses transformed and they die easily untransformed, and that just screams "catch-22 situation")

Jill (Why do I get the feeling that you've seen better days in PoR...?)

Royal laguz (I already have a team that can handle Endgame by the time it comes around, so I don't need them, plus a 1 range lock would be irritating from 4-E-3 onwards)

Rhys (Again, I feel I can do well enough with just Mist to take care of healing duties.)

Edited by Ein Lanford

FE 1/11:

Palla

Frey

Draug

Tiki

Radd

FE5:

Makua

Brighton

Dalshin(I think that's how you spell his name.)

Nanna

Selphina

Hicks

FE6:

Tate

Sue

Noah

Fir

Oujay

Wendy

FE7:

Guy