Rate the Unit, Day 51: Est

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Hey... It's Est! Not only does she come in with Terrible Bases at a point where her good growths don't do jack squat for her but she also Break's Abel's Heart and Made Palla's Life a bit worse because of that. Your deserving of this nice, bolded 0/10 (with -1 Bias)

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Tomas: 1.08

Arran: 1.19

Radd: 1.31

Samson: 1.36

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Etzel: 2.06

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Astram: 2.89

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Horace: 5.02

Catria: 5.45

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Palla: 5.90

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Beck: 7.42

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Xane: 8.10

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Edited by Folgore Purple

She has some of the best growths in the game. But her bases are so low, she won't take full advantage of them without babying. Just keep her out of harm's way then bench her afterwards if you plan on recruiting her.

0/10 (-1/10 with bias)

Edited by Little Al

Gonna do this for real (instead of putting it in the RD RTU threads >.<).

Pain in the rear to train, with her options being arena abuse or heal abuse. She's a growth unit (offensive growths of 55/55 are awesome for this game's standards). But there is where her problem lies. Her bases are so terrible that her sisters will either exceed or match her in e-v-e-r-y stat, which makes her worthless.

0/10

As I always say, "You can't spell Best without Est".

11/10.

This.

Seriously though, I once got into a debate with Reinfleche about whether Est or Wendy was worse and he was convinced Wendy was better. I refuse to believe so since even she dies, a flying Ridersbane bot is more useful than failing at an enemy like Wendy.

But comparing both is like arguing whether putting your balls in a vice is preferable to hitting them with a hammer.

1/10

This.

Seriously though, I once got into a debate with Reinfleche about whether Est or Wendy was worse and he was convinced Wendy was better. I refuse to believe so since even she dies, a flying Ridersbane bot is more useful than failing at an enemy like Wendy.

But comparing both is like arguing whether putting your balls in a vice is preferable to hitting them with a hammer.

1/10

Is that even a question? Hitting them with a hammer is so much better.

At least she can wield Ridersbane off the bat? She needs seven excruciating levels of "please don't kill me", which is something I'd rather not do.

0.25/10

-Terrible base stats

-Terrible join time

-Ok Weapon Level

-Good Growths

She starts with a Ridersbane which is helpful for her in her joining chapter to get her going. But she has to be hand holded for awhile and that's bad when your already up against The Sable Order. But her EXP formula gains will at least get her too class change by the end of Chapter 19. Advised to promote her at 10 and giving her bonus damaging weapons/forges to get her to stand out alot better till she can get caught up with everyone else. She also makes a great Sniper as well as it is considerable to class change her after promotion. As your likely going to have enough powerful fliers already upon her promotion.

2.5/10

Edited by アイネ

She has good growths so she's soooo much better than Jagen! 10/10 for becoming the best unit

No seriously, she does indeed turn out good, but why'd anyone put any effort in her when you can also raise Shiida or Catria with much less effort who will turn out almost as good as a fully trained Est. 0/10 for having no reason to use her...

I reconsidered and decided to change my rating to 0.1/10 because I gave Macellan a 0/10 and Est deserves a higher rating than Macellan.

Edited by Quirino

She has good growths so she's soooo much better than Jagen! 10/10 for becoming the best unit

No seriously, she does indeed turn out good, but why'd anyone put any effort in her when you can also raise Shiida or Catria with much less effort who will turn out almost as good as a fully trained Est. 0/10 for having no reason to use her...

Well, Catria has better growths and bases.

EST is the bEST.

2/10 hypothetically not-shit but joins really late and stuff

but i kinda like her (+1) and don't believe in giving 0s (+1) especially when she's still better than some units in this godforsaken game

This.

1/10

better question:

who cares

I see you're the expert on it.

While I haven't done either of those, I've been hit there far too many times to recall :facepalm: Anyway, the vice is going to destroy them. The hammer is just going to hurt like a motherfucker. Unless you're talking about hammering them into something. Then they're about equal.

I can't believe I'm having a remotely serious conversation about this.

Okay Sirius rating.

She's sadly better than some of the slouches thanks to Riderabane access. Don't overhype it, though.

1/10. Generously giving her that score since she can fly and use it.