Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

Also, 5 votes on Marth are quite a bit (even when the hammer is 13) less than half a day into the phase, which makes me think that at least one of the votes on him right now is mafia sheeping and wagoning.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain what's wrong with my post, or is that a secret too?

No, its a fact that I feel that you may be scum 'buddying' Excellen over here, although that is questionable too at this point.

Also, 5 votes on Marth are quite a bit (even when the hammer is 13) less than half a day into the phase, which makes me think that at least one of the votes on him right now is mafia sheeping and wagoning.

Good Going BBM, my thoughts exactly, except I think there must be 2 mafia out of the 5 players targeting me.

Its weird, how we think similar.

No, its a fact that I feel that you may be scum 'buddying' Excellen over here, although that is questionable too at this point.

If they were buddies, then Naglfar probably wouldn't have said anything about it in thread. It just wouldn't make sense to mention it in thread if they were, because they would have an outside communication that they could use instead.

ie; move along, nothing to see here

Marth, your refusal to justify your vote is suspicious. That's why you have 5 votes on you.

And to clarify, you are being pressured now. If you plan on amassing a lynchworthy amount of votes on yourself before proclaiming your information, well, just think about that again for a moment. Unjustified RVS is one thing. Unjustified suspicion is another. Unjustified voting is kind of a trump to those two, and isn't helping your cause one bit.

If Blitz is scummy to you, convince us to vote for him. At least try to convince us to at least vote for him over voting you. Otherwise your one vote on him is utterly pointless. And if you are town, quit being stupid and hiding things and distracting us from hunting for actual scum.

You think 1-2 of the people voting you is scum however the other 3 voting you at minimum would be town, not to mention the general fact that everyone want's to know why you don't like blitz. It's a day start that means you shouldn't have any more info than us unless it fits in with your role, and even then how exactly does that equal in to you not liking blitz considering most role pms that give extra info is stuff like "You know X character is in the game." or something along those lines. It would only tell you who X character is player-wise if you are somehow connected to them via lover or neighbor or something similiar.

So I ask again, Why do you act like you don't care?

Different topic here, maybe it's a bit early but how many mafia do you think are all in the game?

Too early to tell, really. But if I had to guess, probably 4 or 5? Just given the number of players, really.

And on that note; I must sleep now

2am posting too stronk

If they were buddies, then Naglfar probably wouldn't have said anything about it in thread. It just wouldn't make sense to mention it in thread if they were, because they would have an outside communication that they could use instead.

ie; move along, nothing to see here

So what? I'm talking about how he goes all "Sounds like buddy advice, but I'll believe you because you weren't really rude" sort of sounds like passive buddying, trying to clear him for a while. I'm not saying he's totes scum, but are you telling me I shouldn't suspect that?

Also, is it really sensible to ask me why am I voting Blitz? I find him scummy, and I want to see how he'd play as D1 carries on. You know, observing stuff. But nooooo. :|

Votals

[1] Naglfar - Blitz

[1] Iris - Subieko

[0] eclipse - Bluedoom

[1] Cap'n Flint - Bluedoom, Naglfar

[0] BigBangMeteor - Manix

[0] Psych - Blitz

[1] Daigoji Excellen - Psych, Blitz, Manix

[1] Elieson - eclipse

[0] Manix - Psych, Excellen

[5] Bluedoom - Elieson, Manix, Naglfar, Excellen, Shinori

We'll post votals once per page on 40ppp btw, provided one of us is around.

Edited by Kaoz

Well without justification, it's just the same as voting for the hell of it. And having a reason and not letting it be known just makes you look even more suspicious, so you might as well let it be known.

I'm thinking 3-4. 9-10 player games typically have 2. 19+ typically have 5+. The trend I'm noticing is a 20%-30% of the players, give or take 1, of the game's participants are scum, but that's only from the handful of games I've played.

Well without justification, it's just the same as voting for the hell of it. And having a reason and not letting it be known just makes you look even more suspicious, so you might as well let it be known.

Very well then, think of it as part of the RVS situation and let it continue. Its not like anything game-changing happened.

I'm thinking 3-4. 9-10 player games typically have 2. 19+ typically have 5+. The trend I'm noticing is a 20%-30% of the players, give or take 1, of the game's participants are scum, but that's only from the handful of games I've played.

hold on

i'm still kinda awake

iirc, a general rule is roughly the square root of the total players

at least, that's what I read somewhere

I think

Good Going BBM, my thoughts exactly, except I think there must be 2 mafia out of the 5 players targeting me.

Its weird, how we think similar.

What is the point of the latter part of this post? I don't like it. It reminds me of myself in SFM where I tried to buddy up to you before I flipped scum to make you look bad.

What is the point of the latter part of this post? I don't like it. It reminds me of myself in SFM where I tried to buddy up to you before I flipped scum to make you look bad.

We agree on Sceptile.

We agreed in SFM.

I sorta agreed with you in Resistance 4.

And you're figuring me out now.

So what? I'm talking about how he goes all "Sounds like buddy advice, but I'll believe you because you weren't really rude" sort of sounds like passive buddying, trying to clear him for a while. I'm not saying he's totes scum, but are you telling me I shouldn't suspect that?

Also, is it really sensible to ask me why am I voting Blitz? I find him scummy, and I want to see how he'd play as D1 carries on. You know, observing stuff. But nooooo. :|

yes it's fucking sensible

this is mafia, a game in which we use logic and reasoning and shit

We agree on Sceptile.

We agreed in SFM.

I sorta agreed with you in Resistance 4.

And you're figuring me out now.

I don't disagree that we can see alike a lot of times, but it feels like an unnecessary attempt to drag me onto your ship. And if it sinks and ends up being a pirate ship, I don't want to be labelled a pirate. Frankly, it's making me sort of suspicious of you.

By post analysis and practice.

Well, you're a much more experienced player than me, so I suppose I don't have much grounds to argue this. But it seems to me like it would be easier to do post analysis if Town players didn't fabricate suspicions, since that makes it harder to tell their real thoughts when reading backwards.

Maybe with practice it's easier, but I'm not convinced that making up suspicions to start discussion will do more help than harm.

Interesting point, but as a follow up to the above point; town is only faking suspicion if they are taking part in RVS. But mafia is always faking it, but they have to make it seem believable. And the obvious, analyse flips later on.

Maybe I misunderstood Excellen, but I thought he was saying that instead of RVS we should make up suspicions to start discussion. And since as you've pointed out making up suspicions is basically what scum do, I think that would make it harder to scumhunt, since Town would be doing it too.

If you really find him scummy, it seems more effective to point out whatever scummy thing he's done. That way other players might see it too and then he would have some pressure on him. As it is, you put a single unexplained vote on him and made yourself look scummy, and not really put any pressure on Blitz.

I'm not actually convinced you're scum yet because this seems too attention-getting, but what you're doing isn't helpful for Town.

Also, after thinking more, I'm become a little suspicious of Psych. I didn't think much of his early posts at first because I figured he was just screwing around, but on closer inspection they're odd.

guys sheeping is bad we need to investigate excellen somone eyall at him i'm too far gone for it
I think Excellen is either not going to live long or is scum. He's flaring up on my radar, though I'm not sure if it's simply because I had a bunch of sugar three hours ago and now i'm in that really tipsy area of 5 in thre morniag that i love acuse i fell kinda all weeeeeeee yeah

but excelle totes scum

lynch you guys

Maybe these were just joke posts, but why so focused on Excellen so early on? And why so convinced he won't live long if he's Town? This seems a bit too insistent for RVS. He hasn't posted since the start of the thread though; I want to know what he thinks of Excellen now that more discussion has happened.

##Unvote

##Vote: Psych

Okay, I just read all of the posts, and I kind of have a coherent view on things. Also noting that most of the posts in the thread are being made by the same four or five people, but whatever.

On Excellen, I think he tends to act the same way regardless of alignment (I've played with him both ways); so this appears normal for him. Except that I agree that he shouldn't use brusque language. It's just a game, after all, no need to be mean over it.

I think the Marth wagon looks kind of bad, but from my experiences, when a townie racks up tons of votes, scum tends to not vote for said townie, but it's hard to explain my votal analysis. :/ His initial refusal to explain why he voted Blitz kind of annoys me, though.

##Vote: Subieko

I don't know why, but I think my scumdar's off (since I have tons of null reads right now), but anyways, I think Subieko is kind of scummy: (1) I played as scum with her in CPM and meta reasons, (2) she's kind of active lurking, not posting off-topic things, but rather, it looks like she's trying to fit in (the first random vote, long coherent post, (3) kind of ignoring the Marth wagon. I could be totally wrong though, and on Psych, IIRC he normally plays in a . . unique way. :/

@Hosts: If it isn't too much of a hassle, can you add the people not voting starting the next time you guys do votals? Thanks. c:

##Vote: Subieko

I don't know why, but I think my scumdar's off (since I have tons of null reads right now), but anyways, I think Subieko is kind of scummy: (1) I played as scum with her in CPM and meta reasons, (2) she's kind of active lurking, not posting off-topic things, but rather, it looks like she's trying to fit in (the first random vote, long coherent post, (3) kind of ignoring the Marth wagon. I could be totally wrong though, and on Psych, IIRC he normally plays in a . . unique way. :/

@Hosts: If it isn't too much of a hassle, can you add the people not voting starting the next time you guys do votals? Thanks. c:

I've literally made a post every time I've been around; I've just been a bit busy today. Re: Marth wagon--what he's doing is strange but at this point I feel like he's more likely to be town trying some gambit and not doing a good job than scum. The wagon may just be a D1 town argument, especially since most of the votes are aimed at getting Marth to explain himself. Not much to say on it at the moment.

Yeah, I know Psych has a very unpredictable style, but I want to know why he made those posts and what he thinks now. They just struck me as strange and I don't want to ignore them just because it's Psych.

Oww my tooth hurts. Why the 4 AM start

So basically so far we've had: to RVS or, not to RVS?; Excellen pissing off people with his language, Marth acting strange, and some talk about the stages (which quite frankly I still don't understand yet other than whatever stage we're on is who we target at night). So my thoughts on this.

1) I agree that RVS is practically wasting time now, but since it does have the chance of actually getting an early scumslip and is arguably our best way for kicking off true discussion, I don't see a problem with it. Doesn't matter now since we're out of the RVS stage, partially thanks to...

2) Excellen is being himself, so I wouldn't read to much into that. He acts like this whether he's town or scum, so just read through the fluff and you realize he actually makes decent points from time to time. On a side note, if you really get offended by the language then wtf are you doing on the internet?

3) Probably the most important point since it's the current topic of discussion: Marth, wtf are you doing? Are you trying to get lynched right now. Are you a jester or some shit? There's a million ways to get a vote off on Blitz without picking up so much heat, and on top of that you're implying you have outside info as a reason as to why you should vote for him. If you do, why the hell would you throw that possibility out there? It's like a tease. "Oh hey guys vote Blitz I have reasons to be suspicious of him, buuuuuut I can't tell you soz". If you're trying to get the mafia to bandwagon on you to see who may possibly be scum, I still think this is a stupid idea because it's extremely risky and highly improbable/not very efficient.

4) Since it's NOC, anything said will be known to both scum and town, so if we're planning on anything we've got no choice but to let scum know what's up. However, I think in this stage of the game it's not as necessary to out what stage you want to go on since the possibilities on who to target are so high anyway. So that's my take on that.

Yayy my tooth doesn't hurt anymore!