Presidential Mafia Sign-ups.

Balcerzak

anon game y/n?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be done using anonymous accounts?

• Yes, anonymous is prefered
    • No, I do not prefer anonymous

The assorted Presidents of the United States have gathered together, through a quirk in time and space. Only something's gone horribly wrong! They're killing each other. No, it's not just politics as usual, there's actually a subset involved in the mafia, and they seek to rule alone. However, because it certainly seems like politics as usual, a few perfectly innocent presidents could very easily be mistaken for mafia, and none would be the wiser!

This is a game for 10 players.

[spoiler=Rules]Rules

1) Have fun.

2) Be active.

3) Play to your win condition.

4) This game is NOC. All communications must done in the game thread and the Role PMs. Nowhere else.

5) Every user has a Role PM. It will tell you your character, your role, your alliance, and your win conditions.

The following is an exhaustive list of possible roles:

Town Cop

Town Doctor

Town Vanilla

Town Death Miller

Mafia Snitch

Mafia Night Action Cop

Mafia Alliance Cop

Mafia Vanilla

The game composition is: Town Doctor, Town Cop, 4 Town Vanilla, 2 Town Death Miller, and 2 Mafia from among the possible Mafia roles.

Death Millers reveal as Death Miller if night killed, but as one of the possible Mafia roles if lynched.

See the below spoiler for the fulltext of the role PMs. (Flavor name and username omitted, obviously.)

6) No Lynch may be lynched once and only once, and can only be lynched on a day announced as Potential MyLO.

The following is an exhaustive list of Potential MyLO scenarios:

Six players remain, no revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Six players remain, no revealed mafia flips, one revealed death miller flips.

Six players remain, no revealed mafia flips, two revealed death miller flips.

Six players remain, one revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Six players remain, two revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Six players remain, one revealed mafia flips, one revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, three revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, two revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, two revealed mafia flips, one revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, one revealed mafia flips, no revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, one revealed mafia flips, one revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, one revealed mafia flips, two revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, no revealed mafia flips, two revealed death miller flips.

Four players remain, no revealed mafia flips, one revealed death miller flips.

7) Day phase voting must take place in a ##Vote: USER format.

7a) A user will be Hammered when they have the majority of votes on them.

7b) There will not be any grace period. Do not post after Hammer until Host sees and updates the thread.

7c) If the day ends without anyone having reached Hammer, Host discretion will determine how the game proceeds.

8) Inspection results are not necessarily accurate.

9) The game will begin with Day 1.

10) Day Phases will last 48 hours, with a limit of one 24 hour extension per day.

10a) Extensions must be requested for by at least 30% of the game's current living members.

11) Night Phases will last 24 hours, with no extension available.

11a) If you anticipate missing a Night Phase, PM the host with your desired action in the preceding Day Phase.

12) There are no hidden players.

13) When in doubt, ask the host.

[spoiler=Roles]

TOWN ROLES

Dear User,

You are [President], the Town Cop.

During the Night Phase you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X: Inspecting USER".

If you survive the night, during the start of the next Day Phase I will reply to your Role PM with the result.

Results will be either “You suspect USER is sided with the mafia.” or “You suspect USER is sided with the town.”

You are allied with the Town, and win when you have lynched all members of the mafia.

Dear User,

You are [President], the Town Doctor.

During the Night Phase you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X: Giving USER a check-up".

USER cannot be yourself, and if USER was the target of the night kill, you will instead save their life.

You are allied with the Town, and win when you have lynched all members of the mafia.

Dear User,

You are [President], the Town Vanilla.

You have no Night Phase actions, and thus must make the most of your voice and your vote during the Day Phase.

Dear User,

You are [President], the Town Vanilla.

You have no Night Phase actions, and thus must make the most of your voice and your vote during the Day Phase.

You are actually [President], the Town Death Miller.

You appear to be allied with the Mafia to investigations.

If you are killed at night your role PM will be revealed in its entirety.

If you are lynched at day, the following role PM will be revealed during the flip.

A Mafia Role PM

MAFIA ROLES

You are [President], the Mafia Vanilla.

You are allied with the Mafia, and win when you eliminate the Town or nothing can stop such an occurrence from happening.

Dear User,

You are [President], the Mafia Snitch.

At the beginning of the Night Phase you will receive the Role of the user casting the Hammer Vote in the previous day's lynch. If the Hammer Vote was cast by a member of the mafia, you will instead receive the Role of the latest non-Mafia vote on the Hammered wagon.

You are allied with the Mafia, and win when you eliminate the Town or nothing can stop such an occurrence from happening.

You are [President], the Mafia Night Action Cop.

During the Night Phase you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X: Stalking USER".

USER must not be a member of the Mafia, and during the start of the next Day Phase I will reply to your Role PM with your target's available Night Actions.

Results will be either “USER can Inspect at night.”, “USER can Give a Check-up at night.”, or “USER has no night actions.”

Dear User,

You are [President], the Mafia Alliance Cop.

During the Night Phase you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X: Inspecting USER".

During the start of the next Day Phase I will reply to your Role PM with the result.

Results will be either “You suspect USER is sided with the mafia.” or “You suspect USER is sided with the town.”

In the event of more than 10 users expressing interest, player-pool will be decided as a random subsample. Do not hesitate to sign-up because you didn't see the posting immediately. If you only want to sub/IO/etc. PM me, don't clutter the thread here.

Sign-ups:

1. Manix

2. scorri (un-signed in IRC) Othin

3. Prims

4. SBarrow

5. Elieson

6. j00

7. Leder

8. Snake

9. BBM

10. Helios

11. BK-201

12. Snike

13. Baldrick

14. Shinori

15. Bluedoom

16. Mancer

I feel like I forgot something, but hell, it is just a sign-up thread, not a work of art.

Edited by Balcerzak

Userlist has been randomized, I have assigned roles to players. I will now be contacting The ChosenTM via PM for a list of 3 roles names they would like to use while anonymous, since the poll was overwhelmingly in favor of that.

Please do not reveal if you have been selected or not.

Edit: To clarify, however, if before say, noon tomorrow (CST/GMT-6), you have not PMed me a selection of choices, I will choose one for you and begin the game when I become ready to do so. If everything else is ready however, it could still begin some time tonight.

Edited by Balcerzak

Also, a request: can you guys upload the avatars for anonymous accounts to an image hosting site instead of using SF's default uploader? I'm starting to save old anon games when they end so that they can be read with proper names/avatars, but if an account with an avatar hosted on SF changes its avatar the old avatar dies.

I have distributed anonymous accounts. I will get the actual game thread up soon-ish, but I still need people to confirm they can log-in and all that jazz.

I also applied a no-hassle, google-images avatar to each account that you can replace at your leisure.