How about Virion?

Not that my opinion bears much weight, but I second Virion big time. He gives her the speed and skill she wants, wyvern just like lon'qu, tome faire should you want it, and the sniper line. It really opens up a lot of avenues for her, and let's lon'qu send his speed and Astra to someone who really needs it, like Brady.

Virion is going to Gerome most likely because I am thinking of keeping said child on his wyvern *looks down gulitily* and Ricken will be tied up with Laurent as well because I want Laurent to have nice mag mods, which he does get from Ricken D: why is making the kids so damn hard!

Mental list so far of the pairings I have:

~F!Robin x Chrom

~Lissa x Lon'qu

~Sully x Stahl

~Miriel x Ricken

~Sumia x Frederick

~Maribelle x Vaike (blond Brady with some strength as a decent war monk)

~Panne x ??? (maybe Donnel?)

~Cordelia x ??? (Maybe Gregor if I don't go for Gregor!Nah)

~Nowi x Gregor?

~Tharja x Henry (their support conversations...gah!)

~Olivia x Libra? (hybrid phys/mag Inigo?)

~Cherche x Virion (bowbreaker Gerome?)

Which leaves a definate Gaius and Kellam unmarried, I think...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, there's nothing wrong with pairing based on your personal preferences, but I'm honestly not sure what you want to get out of this thread.

They're not personal preference, more like the only pairs that I have tried that worked, that and I liked their supports. I really only have two pairing preferences, Chrom x F!Robin and Lucina x M!Robin. Otherwise everyone else is fair game.

That and whoever is the quickest to support with who without dying on me...^^'

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Virion is going to Gerome most likely because I am thinking of keeping said child on his wyvern

Virion doesn't give Gerome anything he needs for Wyvern, though. If that's what you want him to do, you might be better off giving him a dad who gives Axefaire.

They're not personal preference, more like the only pairs that I have tried that worked, that and I liked their supports.

The thing about Awakening is that it's not a game of good and bad, it's a game of good and better (except on Lunatic+). So it's pretty common to find pairs that work well for everyday usage, but without a good deal of experience and/or collaboration with an online community, all you know is how those pairs stack up to enemies (always good) and not how their performance compares to that of other units and pairings.

Virion doesn't give Gerome anything he needs for Wyvern, though. If that's what you want him to do, you might be better off giving him a dad who gives Axefaire.

What about bowbreaker?

The thing about Awakening is that it's not a game of good and bad, it's a game of good and better (except on Lunatic+). So it's pretty common to find pairs that work well for everyday usage, but without a good deal of experience and/or collaboration with an online community, all you know is how those pairs stack up to enemies (always good) and not how their performance compares to that of other units and pairings.

Which was the point that I was making before, certainly more round about than that, but still. I tend to stick with things that work, for all intents and purposes. I do however like seeing how different people approach a problem and it will without a doubt help me when I get to the higher difficulties.

Maybe I'm going crazy here, but I feel like Fred!Gerome is totally workable for Apo. I would run him as a General with LB, Agg, AS+2, Tantivy, and Dual Guard+.

So this is probably worse than all the Bowfaire and Axefaire Geromes, but hey if Omega could make Donnel!Owain as a tome wielding Dread Fighter in Apo, than this is hardly unusable. The mods are pretty nice, if nothing else.

I dunno, I feel bad about leaving Fred unpaired all the time, because his only good kid is Inigo, and I so prefer Stahl there because of Bowfaire Bow Knight/Sniper. I guess I'll open a Normal file and experiment with this.

Edited by Radiant head

Maybe I'm going crazy here, but I feel like Fred!Gerome is totally workable for Apo. I would run him as a General with LB, Agg, AS+2, Tantivy, and Dual Guard+.

So this is probably worse than all the Bowfaire and Axefaire Geromes, but hey if Omega could make Donnel!Owain as a tome wielding Dread Fighter in Apo, than this is hardly unusable.

I dunno, I feel bad about leaving Fred unpaired all the time, because his only good kid is Inigo, and I so prefer Stahl there because of Bowfaire Bow Knight/Sniper. I guess I'll open a Normal file and experiment with this.

He gives Cynthia +6 stat mods as opposed to Chrom's +4, and Frederick!Cynthia is doable, she is worth a try if you are going to experiment.

but hey if Omega could make Donnel!Owain as a tome wielding Dread Fighter in Apo, than this is hardly unusable.

Wasn't he streaming that run, though? I assume he was using chat voted pairings or something. But that's hardly the least impressive thing that run did...

Anyway, yes you can do that. It'll be OK. It's still pretty much the worst Gerome can do.

Bowbreaker? Maybe. It's so much easier to just keep him away from enemies with Bows though (or switch him to the back). Also Gregor gives both Bowbreaker and Axefaire if you really want it.

And based on my pairings Gregor is taken D:

Wasn't he streaming that run, though? I assume he was using chat voted pairings or something. But that's hardly the least impressive thing that run did...

Anyway, yes you can do that. It'll be OK. It's still pretty much the worst Gerome can do.

That's what I figured. It's the worst possible Gerome, but anyone with Agg and solid str+skl mods is still usable.

Welp I need a bit of help - not for me but for a friend who got this game. This is what he ended up pairing wise and honestly I dunno how to help him.

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Gaius

Sully x Donnel

Lissa x Henry

Tharja x Frederick

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Apparently everyone else is unmarried. He's using FeMu.

Uh, well if he just got the game he should just do whatever the hell feels right. But, I guess these might work:

Maribelle x Virion/Ricken/Libra/Gregor

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Virion

Panne x Virion/Stahl/Gregor/Vaike/Libra

Cherche x Gregor/Stahl/Vaike/Virion/Libra/Ricken

Miriel x Gregor/Stahl/Ricken

The first father listed is my top choice for each of those.

Edited by Radiant head

Uh, well if he just got the game he should just do whatever the hell feels right. But, I guess these might work:

Maribelle x Virion/Ricken/Libra/Gregor

Nowi x Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Virion

Panne x Virion/Stahl/Gregor/Vaike/Libra

Cherche x Gregor/Stahl/Vaike/Virion/Libra/Ricken

Miriel x Gregor/Stahl/Ricken

The first father listed is my top choice for each of those.

Well he came to me for advice since I'm basically playing it during lunch and he asked if the pairings were okay. I said yeah, but then he said he has no idea what he's gonna have some of them end up as. But thanks.

Going Gaius!Cynthia will overlap her class, and a waste of options for non-Galeforce moms. I would recommend Tharja x Gaius at best imo.

Yeah unfortunately he can't go back without starting a new game entirely. Sad about the overlap too - personally I adore Gaius!Cynthia.

Alright. Skill inheritance time. Obviously moms who can bequeath Galeforce to a son will do so, possibly to daughters as well unless there's a good reason for something else (e.g. my Avatar gave Lucina Veteran). I'm looking for advice on parents who have something special to bequeath--even if it just takes the form of "if you want to X, choose Y, if you want to Z take W." I'm guessing a logic of "what saves the most time/effort?" or "what is most beneficial immediately?" typically governs parents whose skills can all be learned by their children. I'm happy to hear any advice people have on both fronts for all my eugenics wars army second-gen characters. ;):

• Fred!Inigo: I'm thinking Fred will pass down Pavise just so I never need to even look at the Knight/General classes for him. Or is there a better plan?
  • Donnel!Kjelle: Counter, Sol, or Axebreaker are the obvious choices, unless I've forgotten something. Normally I'd list Aptitude as well, but I suspect opinions will be consistently against it since it's a short-term benefit, while the others are long-term.
  • Gaius!Noire: Probably not Counter, since my plan is Sniper for her. So...I guess by elimination it has to be Sol, unless there's something better I'm not considering? Is Axebreaker worthwhile?
  • Gregor!Yarne: From Panne, a Wyvern Rider line skill is a no-brainer, but which one? Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker, or Deliverer?
  • Virion!Gerome: From Cherche, I'd assume Dual Support+ is the clear winner.
  • Henry!Cynthia: Probably Wrath, but there's also Counter or even Rally Strength. Shame she can't get the full VVW.
  • Vaike!Nah: Big selection here--definitely looking for advice. Sol, Axebreaker, Counter, Wrath...?
  • Ricken!Laurent: Dual Support+ again, for the same reasons as Gerome?
  • Stahl!Owain, Lon'qu!Severa, Libra!Brady: All GF-mom kids who can't learn anything unique from dad. Just convenience skills? What would you recommend?

Avatar!Lucina's already recruited, and Chrom!Morgan requires no thought, so that's the full list!

Alright. Skill inheritance time. Obviously moms who can bequeath Galeforce to a son will do so, possibly to daughters as well unless there's a good reason for something else (e.g. my Avatar gave Lucina Veteran). I'm looking for advice on parents who have something special to bequeath--even if it just takes the form of "if you want to X, choose Y, if you want to Z take W." I'm guessing a logic of "what saves the most time/effort?" or "what is most beneficial immediately?" typically governs parents whose skills can all be learned by their children. I'm happy to hear any advice people have on both fronts for all my eugenics wars army second-gen characters. ;):

• Fred!Inigo: I'm thinking Fred will pass down Pavise just so I never need to even look at the Knight/General classes for him. Or is there a better plan?
  • Donnel!Kjelle: Counter, Sol, or Axebreaker are the obvious choices, unless I've forgotten something. Normally I'd list Aptitude as well, but I suspect opinions will be consistently against it since it's a short-term benefit, while the others are long-term.
  • Gaius!Noire: Probably not Counter, since my plan is Sniper for her. So...I guess by elimination it has to be Sol, unless there's something better I'm not considering? Is Axebreaker worthwhile?
  • Gregor!Yarne: From Panne, a Wyvern Rider line skill is a no-brainer, but which one? Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker, or Deliverer?
  • Virion!Gerome: From Cherche, I'd assume Dual Support+ is the clear winner.
  • Henry!Cynthia: Probably Wrath, but there's also Counter or even Rally Strength. Shame she can't get the full VVW.
  • Vaike!Nah: Big selection here--definitely looking for advice. Sol, Axebreaker, Counter, Wrath...?
  • Ricken!Laurent: Dual Support+ again, for the same reasons as Gerome?
  • Stahl!Owain, Lon'qu!Severa, Libra!Brady: All GF-mom kids who can't learn anything unique from dad. Just convenience skills? What would you recommend?

Avatar!Lucina's already recruited, and Chrom!Morgan requires no thought, so that's the full list!

Counter's crap, and Wrath isn't exactly worth a passdown IMHO. Other than that, can't really help.

Inigo - I pass Luna, because I don't find Pavise useful, and Luna is the main selling point of Fred as his dad.

Kjelle - I passed armsthrift, because I didn't find the Villager/Fighter skills useful

Noire - I had Tharja pass Vengeance and Gaius pass Vantage. I don't do VV for the final skill set but it's fun to use when she's in Dark Flier and grinding to get GF.

Yarne - I had Panne pass either Sword or Lance breaker, (latter if this is for Apotheosis) and Gregor pass Axebreaker. He wants accuracy.

Gerome - I don't find DS+ that useful,but yeah you might as well pass it since Gerome is a hard support and this is a fem-exclusive skill. Virion doesn't matter, since Gerome needs both Sniper skills and has to go to that class anyway.

Cynthia - Unless Chrom is the father, she gets all her wanted skills from Sumia.

Nah - Axefaire all the way. Unless you are keeping her as a Manakette or something.

Ricken!Laurent - Probably doesn't matter. DS+ sounds good since he can't get it himself.

As for the others, Stahl can pass Luna to Owain for convenience. Libra!Brady has a choice between Luna and Vengeance as a proc, and if you do the latter, Libra can pass that. Otherwise doesn't matter. I have Lon'qu pass Swordfaire or Astra.

Passdowns aren't nearly as important as they seem because the majority of parents pass all their classes to their kids so there aren't any skills you can't just get later. As a general rule, pass GF when applicable, DSp+ when it's available but GF isn't, Sol from Gaius, a Wyvern skill from Panne if she didn't marry Fred or Virion, and any male-only skill from Donnel and Robin (these don't really matter).

Messed friend via FB, the pairings he went with are:

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Virion

Sumia x Gaius

Sully x Donnel

Lissa x Henry

Tharja x Frederick

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Libra

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Ricken

Cherche x Stahl

I am curious about Gaius!Cynthia and Frederick!Noire...

And also Virion!Nah but that's kinda unrelated I guess.

Gaius!Cynthia is actually really nice; it's the opportunity cost that makes it a crime.

Personally I think I'd be fine, it's just one less Galedad...

Except Gaius is the best Galedad too. ;w;