Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

Talk about activity bursts.

@Levity

Concerning Baccano Mafia, is Manix helping with the setup or just looking over the final thing?

@Elieson

Remember that you still have Choose your Own Character Mafia on the small games queue. Real Men of Monocle Mafia has been added to the ideas list with a note regarding that though.

@Everyone

If you have a game on the ideas list and know for sure that you're not going to host it, I'd appreciate it if you said so, so that we can remove it. Keeps things cleaner.

On a related note, Kamen Rider Fourze Mafia by Naglfar (8), checked by myself, has been added to the queue.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Kaoz. I assumed it would be added to the ideas list, specifically because I have CYOC on the queue. Can we not leave notes for things on the ideas list?

Manix might just help me with the setup as I finalize it, he may end up being a co-mod

We're going to talk about it when he gets online tonight.

Also @everyone: what are your opinions on spoilers included in a game's theme? Because since pretty much everything in Baccano is a spoiler I can't avoid it, but I will include a warning in the rules

Okay! I was planning on just doing that and then going for it. I'm still requiring Manix to watch the anime before we host it though (by the way I totally recommend it it's a great series)

Manix might just help me with the setup as I finalize it, he may end up being a co-mod

We're going to talk about it when he gets online tonight.

hihi

I'm here and yeah stuff will happen

also get excited for Mystery Mafia 8)

Some points were added to the GDoc. It's almost exclusively content we talked about before, so I won't bother with any great explanations. The terminology definitions can be found at the bottom of the Rules sheet (sheet #1) whereas Special Game Types are on a new sheet (sheet #5).

We made a small addition to the latter by adding Anonymous Games, or more specifically how the SF Anon accounts are to be used. In essence it's only, when you use them in your game, make sure you keep track of who has which account when and make sure Tangerine has that information as well. You're responsible for the accounts until someone else wants them for their game. If you mess up, you don't get to use them again.

Co-moderator/Co-host definition is also slightly different than what we posted last time, nothing major though.

[spoiler=New content]

[spoiler=Definitions]

Terminology

Moderator/Host

A moderator/host is anyone who helped design the setup in any way, shape or form.

Co-moderator/Co-host

A co-moderator/co-host is someone who helps the moderator/host with updates during the game. They are not directly involved with the creation of the setup, but may give feedback and exchange ideas with the moderator/host.

Checker

A checker is someone who ensures that a game is reasonably well balanced. They do not do anything once the game actually starts. A list of checkers can be found in the first post of Headquarters V4 on Serenes Forest.

The queue will only list moderators/hosts and checkers. If you need assistance with actually running your game, please try asking for help once your game is at the top of the queue.

[spoiler=Special Games Sheet]

Anonymous Games & Accounts

1. When hosting an anonymous game on Serenes Forest and using the anon accounts, it is the host's duty to keep track of what user has access to which account.

a) Tangerine needs to be able to view this information at all times.

b) A host holds the responsibility for updating this information from the moment they gain access to the accounts until giving them to the next host.

2. If a host fails to relay the information properly, they are permanently banned from using the anon accounts for their games in the future.

3. Current key holder: Elieson

Event Games

1. There are three event games per year.

a) The next game will be hosted on ???

2. Any user may submit one setup per event until three weeks before the game is set to start.

a) Setups may have restrictions placed on them, such as number of players, flavor or mechanics.

b) Only fully completed setups may be submitted. This includes Role PMs, rules etc.

c) The chosen setup is revealed one week before game start. Sign-ups start at the same time.

3. Event games count towards the limit of their respective queue.

Filler Games

1. Filler games may only be hosted when the first two games on any queue cannot be started within seven days and the hosts of those games have no objections.

2. Sign-ups for a filler game must be completed within 48 hours.

a) The maximum amount of players is 9 but may be less depending on the number of sign-up.

3. The length of one day-night cycle in traditional games, or one cycle in unicycle games, is 72 hours or less.

4. All other rules are determined by the host.

I want to add that me and Bluedoom are currently going to create and host a Shin Megami Tensei: The Light's Struggle mafia game.

I hope it can be added to the mafia ideas part so that when it's done we can request for a checker to check the balance and stuffs.

Also, the name might be subject to some changes as we discuss the setup and stuffs.

Can I have a link to that particular role flavour, I want to study it as well.

And Bluedoom just told me on Skype that he would study it.

Might have to wait for him to actually confirm it in there though.

100% positive it's the youtube clip of the SMT2 disco with "Everybody's dancing furiously".

-Intermission-

this one right

edit: IN OTHER NEWS this has been on repeat for the last hour or so

welp

Edited by Manix