Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man tables there's like a zero percent chance i'm going to spend the time wrapping my head around the way the rng for your set-up works but the role flavor is fun and it has vanillas for once so i'll probably join anyway

Considering ppl like Blitz and Kay aren't glued to their PCs or cellphones, I find that a tad bit unfair :/

thanks for backing people like me Elie

man tables there's like a zero percent chance i'm going to spend the time wrapping my head around the way the rng for your set-up works but the role flavor is fun and it has vanillas for once so i'll probably join anyway

Weapons is the reason I like playing as vanillas (he made me realize how cool they are)

Alright then, so I'm requesting for a Checker for our setup.

If anyone's willing to help us check, I'll add you to the PM that me and Bluedoom have discussed in (although we mostly discussed in Skype).

This is still something I need.

Do I have to PM one of the checkers on the list or wait for one to respond to this post?

I'm actually really disappointed in Manix but there's nothing that can be done about it now. That's why I was so pissed off last night though.

But something else I've been wanting to mention: I was talking to Prims in IRC one time about a kind of Epicmafia group that we could pull together to host short private games there instead of taking the time to host IRC mafia. We could have a number of people register for EM accounts that would only play the private passworded SF-only games and we could organize special setups to play. Open, closed, whatever, no host required, no trolls.

Edited by Sentamos

for the record i didn't do what i did to spite manix or piss him off or anything, i wanted the game to not be unplayable due to dumb shit and didn't expect him to actually react that poorly

imo janned modkills is actually terrible since it deprives town of flips and ruins the whole point of any non-no reveal mafia game. the fact that the game could have gone on unhitched without killing paper and rapier just makes the whole thing ridiculous

i still like the em idea obviously and support creating a thread about it

Well I'm afraid of creating a thread about it unless/until we have enough people interested because I don't want to annoy people again lol

But yeah awesome, I think it'd be fun

Okay. Hi. I'm calmed down a bit from yesterday, and here's my take now.

Thought process:

- The modkills technically were justified by the rules. That said, I can see why it's possible to avoid them.

- Prims did intentionally choose to break a rule past that point, which was the main contention point (you could have explained it clearer in private as to why you thought what I did was wrong instead of jumping straight in (what you said to me in private wasn't clear)).

- I probably did handle the situation poorly. But okay, not much can be done about it now.

So all that in mind I've decided that I'll probably resume the game soonish. I'll need to enlist Bal to help do some cleanup first.

And I also hope that people haven't leaked anything about their roles and stuff otherwise I may have to forcesub with the subs I don't have >_>

Tables' role PM flavor wins. The game itself looks a bit confusing, but I kind of like the alliance flip and maybe the role flip. No mafia goons, I take it?

Possibly mafia goons, depends on how the RNG falls (naturally, more goons => fewer town roles). If it helps, you can just think of the game as being a slightly random closed setup, at least until late game, where the information should help weed out fakeclaims.

I'm sure it'll make sense when you're in the game. Try looking at the examples on the spreadsheet if you want a vague idea of what happens.