Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you're making yourself look even worse by telling me to vote someone else other than you (why should I?) and conveniently criticizing me right after I say you're scummy. A Disney villain is more subtle, even Hades.

sounds like an omgus

Also your opinions about me contradict each other. Right after you say I am doing a good job, you say I haven't done anything much. Which enforces my point even further.

K Randa, you get a free pass for never having played with m before, but seriously, you need to unvote and vote yourself so I can see how you deal with pressure.

Okay.

##Unvote

##Vote: Randa

##Unvote

##Vote: Weapons

But seriously can you answer why the 180 on a mass claim.

Weapons is acting really weird, and Rapier's reactions kinda blow. I'm gonna get more into them when I get on my laptop, but for the time being:

##Unvote

##Vote: Weapons

I don't really like Weapons' lack of concrete opinions. His only reason for voting SB seems to be because it's not him, I haven't really seen any original reasoning at all. I'm still trying to figure out what he's actually thinking beyond "don't lynch me". Still, the wagon's built pretty fast. I'm not saying it doesn't have its merits, but Rapier's focus on Weapons is a little off-putting.

Normally, I wouldn't do this as town, but in the interest of the Greater Good, I will explain myself. I said to mass claim in the beginning because it was fun and exciting, and it was making shit happen. I continued to advocate for it, because 1. People really should not dismiss it out of hand and 2. What is a bold statement that you drop after one posts. 2 posts is enough, though, and I called it off because A. It's not happening and B. It would be a disservice to Furet and really just not fun.

It was interesting hearing all of your reactions, though. Also a point that needing to back up votes with original evidence is really dumb because I. Existing points can be pretty legitimate, II. There may be nothing of substantial value to add, and III. This is incredibly easy for mafia to avoid.

This wagon is dumb (if I understand correctly, it's based of Weapons' massclaim idea and him having no opinions, the latter of which is false). Lynch someone else.

I'm still working on rereading the whole thread, but it's so BORING.

It was interesting hearing all of your reactions, though. Also a point that needing to back up votes with original evidence is really dumb because I. Existing points can be pretty legitimate, II. There may be nothing of substantial value to add, and III. This is incredibly easy for mafia to avoid.

Yeah but its dumb when people are just voting for all the same dumb reasons or if it is something that is odd, but doesn't warrant 3+ votes. And not providing their own reasons is just as easy to allow mafia to coast, at least for a bit.

Example, votes on weapons for mass claim business earlier I could see. But its been discussed to the point where new votes for that purpose are dumb.

It's not so much the idea itself that bothers me, it's the sudden change in opinion of the mass claim that was the problem, not to mention he never explained the change in opinion. Now that I know it was a reaction test, I think, it's not really that bad anymore. I'm not thrilled with the hopping between votes, but the same thing can be applied to poly.

##Unvote

I'm gonna go read Refa. And I have no idea why.

Well apparently reading Refa accomplished nothing so that's one useless gut read. Blitz since you wanted to see how reclass ended for meta, what do you think of myself and FFM now? Also I think I'll check rapier. After I shower though.

I don't think this Weapons wagon is completely illegitimate nor do I think he is really helping himself, but I do think it's building too quickly for me to be comfortable with. That being said, I don't find anyone jumping on (Randa Rapier Candel) to appear overly scummy at this point though it's worth noting that they did.

I'm gonna withhold my vote for now since I've read through this thread 3 times and it makes me wanna punch babies.

I really don't like most of the votes on Weapons apart from maybe Rapier's, which I disagree with but don't really find scummy? Randa's case on Weapons feels like it was made for the sake of appeasement instead of anything else and Poly needs to answer why weird means scummy.

I think Shin's position on Weapons is worse though. Saying Weapons is bad but then waffling on what the wagon means is questionable - the only vote he vaguely addressed is Rapier and the reasoning for it isn't solid and he leaves it open to whether he finds it scummy or not. He also still hasn't commited to a vote.

##Unvote
##Vote: Shin

I'd like Strawman to give opinions because it feels like he's just kind of sat at the side disagreeing with the Weapons wagon without giving actual reads on the people voting him.

@Weapons: which reactions were good?

I'd like Strawman to give opinions because it feels like he's just kind of sat at the side disagreeing with the Weapons wagon without giving actual reads on the people voting him.

Aye aye captain.

I'm fine with Rapier.

Have the same negative feelings on Poly. Interested to see what they do when they get back.

I was giving Randa benefit of doubt based on play style assumptions I was making, but pretty much everything they've done can look bad. Post with vote on weapons is bad post, looks scummy. I'm still thinking about the vote removal post though.

Ok to less than ok on Blitz. A few things I'm questioning, one of them being his vote. I like his post-weapons vote posts better then his initial one, but my initial read was negative, getting better.

I don't really see how rapiers vote on weapons was literally any different from my vote on weapons. Also I feel like rapier is town. God I can't get any reads this game. I would lynch me at this point. Anyways let's check SB.

I think Shin's position on Weapons is worse though. Saying Weapons is bad but then waffling on what the wagon means is questionable - the only vote he vaguely addressed is Rapier and the reasoning for it isn't solid and he leaves it open to whether he finds it scummy or not. He also still hasn't commited to a vote.

##Unvote

I'm still voting Rapier if I recall. I think Weapons is somewhat scummy for his antics, but I'm voting Rapier because I consider him a more likely scum candidate. Rapier's been tunneling on Weapons, and I'm still voting him. That would imply that I still consider him scummy, no?

Oh, okay I missed that. But why is Rapier's focus on Weapons bad? There are a lot of people with very few scumreads at this point, so what makes him worse than the others? You're not actually addressing his content here.

Hey guys the two other games I was in have finished and I am here to lead town to victory instead of a scumteam this time.

Weapons is obvtown stop voting him guys. Some people (read: at least Poly) are voting him for having a weird playstyle rather than being proscum. Randa also seems to have forgotten that reaction tests are a thing, and backing something you don't believe in as a reaction test is also a thing. Shin, who's vote is still on Rapier for reasons specified 6 pages ago, is cheering the weapons wagon on from the sidelines (by implying it has its merits) but doesn't back it and instead sticks to his vote because Rapier is apparently tunneling on weapons even though it's like halfway through D1 so noone can be tunneling? Seems like a poor excuse to keep yourself distanced from the wagon. Prims has already addressed Blitz's vote and I feel like I need ISOs to analyse Rapier's case, although I think he's overreacting with regards to Weapons rolefishing. That isn't necessarily scummy though.

tl;dr the worst interaction with Weapons is probably Shin for holding such a weak vote, you say Rapier is tunnelling but what do you think of his more recent content? If the tunnelling is well reasoned it isn't scummy to pursue the same person. Blitz's case is probably the only other one which is outright scummy!bad rather than just bad.

Paper's stuff is weird as it kinda implied SB is scummy for playing badly (which I don't even know if he's doing) and outside of that Paper has been pretty forgettable.

Mental note to reread SB, Refa and Randa. Refa is also pretty forgettable but I sympathise with not wanting to reread this game.

Uhhhhh. I feel like there really isn't that much actual content despite being on page 10 already. So basically reading the game three times has produced literally zero solid scum reads, me getting called out for doings what the majority of the game is doing and being called scum for it, and me being unmotivated again. So before somebody asks no I don't have any strong scum reads. Sorry.

for starters let me say that the weapons wagon was dumb as fuck #didn'tstartit

I'm going to sheep blitz

from what I can see, all he's been doing is a) pushing weapons (which was immediately dropped because "hey it's a reaction test", which seems a lot like an easy out) and b) not saying anything of use. Admittedly a lot of other people aren't either, but the whole weapons thing just looks really wolfy to me. Then there's also the whole "I don't like this whole votehopping thing but Poly's doing it too" which is terrible

FFM is the other one i'm curious about, mostly for being way too focused on rapier's role, then almost jumps onto the Weapons wagon (but doesn't).

##vote Randa