School of Hard NOCs (take 2) - Game over!

eclipse

Ouch so many pages to read after I came back from a busy Saturday. What is this?

Refa should restate his questions, I can't find them amidst the clutter.

I'm a Vanilla right now and I was pretty pissed at having Vanilla-ish roles since Qprogue. I did not get to use my Drive or Neighbours chat in Qprogue, I got restricted in Guitar Mafia so I was almost Vanilla and I really rolled Vanilla with Items (that I did not get to use) in Encounter.

Honestly, I'm okay with the lynch on myself if only for the fact that the mislynch is on a Vanilla and not a power role.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the post. Man, I wasn't expecting that vanilla claim (I thought Mancer would claim Neighborizer). Ugh, I'm really not sure what to make of it; can't remember the last time ANYONE claimed fucking vanilla in a Mafia game.

man fuck I want to sleep, not try to think whether Mancer is WIFOMing or not

are there even Vanillas in this game? (that's a rhetorical question) I can't even remember the last time Eclipse hosted a game with Vanillas so ?_?. I doubt Mancer would claim it as scum if it hadn't been given as a fake though so meh. Not that Mancer doesn't show creativity with fakes (Adventures is an example) but because of that creativity I would expect him to not just claim Vanilla (and crumb it from the beginning too)

I suppose Eclipse won't be nice enough to tell us if Vanillas exist or not.

Oh, there are also some questions in my post that's like two posts down from that post. Please answer those too kthnx. Can't hurt to ask, BBM.

@eclipse: Do vanillas exist in this game?

Well, I thought Prims's cases on me were quite good and they were better than his cases on J so I think that his vote really should have been on me at that point.

I was suspecting each of them individually. They did not have much interactions with each other too so I thought that they could have been trying to distance themselves from one another if they were the scum team.

Randa had literally zero posts since that time. My suspicions on him still stood but to keep my vote on him would not help to progress the discussion at all.

My role is very easy to prove too. Town tracker/follower/investigative roles can just keep themselves on me and if I happen to target someone, you know that I'm lying.

Up to town whether they decide to lynch me or not but I'm confident that I have the scum team pegged although the fact that SB immediately assumed a 3 player scum team pings me too.

Well, I thought Prims's cases on me were quite good and they were better than his cases on J so I think that his vote really should have been on me at that point.

I was suspecting each of them individually. They did not have much interactions with each other too so I thought that they could have been trying to distance themselves from one another if they were the scum team.

Randa had literally zero posts since that time. My suspicions on him still stood but to keep my vote on him would not help to progress the discussion at all.

Fair enough on the first two. It's less you unvoting Randa (which doesn't really bother me) and more of your sudden sureness that BBM was scum. Like I don't get how you could be so sure he was scum considering you hadn't even talked about him beforehand. Also what do you think of the other votes on you? Are you fine with those, or what? You haven't addressed them so I can't really tell.

Honestly, I'm okay with the lynch on myself if only for the fact that the mislynch is on a Vanilla and not a power role.

Paging Mancer, please respond to my questions the phase ends in like 3 hours.

fuck it I'm going to sleep and have decided that I'm going to stick to my guns on Mancer and hope he's a Mafia Goon :): still no explanation for the incredible hypocrisy that is the Gorf suspicion

actually if we assume this is like 10/4/1 or something with weak roles this game's numbers work out much better, although literally everyone who's implied anything about their role so far has implied it's not Vanilla, and I would expect some town Vanillas too

dunno man

Is that a counter claim or something, Prims?

That suspicion of BBM came because of his tunneling and me reading and agreeing with your posts and SB's posts.

I had lost my motivation for the game (sorry eclipse) early on because of my role, hence my derping around and flailing around and being okay with being lynched.

Hmm, I don't know about the existence of Vanillas. It's not by any means unlikely, but I don't want to meta the mod either. Vanilla would be the safest claim for Mancer to take, but to be fair, I don't see Mancer complaining about his role for being a vanilla..? That's a standard role, so like...I don't see the hate for rolling vanilla...can anyone tell me if Mancer is the type of person to hate on rolling a standard role?

I just don't see that, idk. If he does give up upon rolling vanilla that's just...Idk, not cool. Especially at the end of guitar mafia talking about stepping up his play...

^^Pretty sure that Prims is just confirming the existence of vanillas.

Finally, took you long enough. Anyways, my mom's bugging me to watch Kill Bill so this is going to be a quickie. Mancer's explanation for being vanilla is pretty legit (and coincides with his actions from the start of the game) and I'm like 99% sure that he didn't plan that far ahead; the only way he can be scum is if he's a Mafia Goon. Not sure what to make of him being OK with a lynch on him and not even making any attempt to look at Prims (who for all intents and purposes is the only other viable wagon; never turbolynching again); it's something he should have done as town but it also fits with him being demotivated so I don't even know. I liked the tone of his first two responses to me, but he didn't really answer any of my major issues with him. His BBM suspicion is OK, but it's not strong enough to explain how he was so sure that BBM was scum (also BBM brought up a good point about his Gorf suspicion being hypocritical, and he never really answered that either); also he didn't ever say anything about what he thought about other people voting him.

In the end, I'm aware all of this meandering is probably useless. There wouldn't even be enough people online who'd be willing to change the lynch to Prims if I was townreading Mancer (I myself have not significantly read through the cases against Prims to be OK with that either, and I will not have the time to do so for the rest of the phase). It's just...reading Mancer has been so hard. I find myself taking issues with his posts more often than not, but like there are also times where his tone seems to off to be scum (also his claims of being demotivated due to his role seem legit). Man, whatever, let's just get this over with. I probably won't be on at phase end.

##Vote: MancerNecro

You suck, ScarletFlame. Scum's supposed to help each other, right?

ggwp I'm all alone this game with the scum team deciding to lurk and not help me.

You've got this, town.

I was planning to pretend to be unmotivated to try and blend in as town, lol.

I'm gonna say this and don't judge me for it, but I have a bias with settling for a lynch on J today. J can be one of the best mafia players I've ever played with, rn I'm def not seeing it. But if he comes back in and turns it up...I'm wiling to give him that shot. I don't see anything inherently wrong with him other than people claiming evasiveness, which I don't really see either.

truth be told i just think people are commenting on his character and i see nothing inherently scummy about his play thus far...