Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

Ftr I actually do not like being survivor it's so stressful and no one ever believes you when you claim

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw baldrick needs to come in and explain that awful fucking email he sent to me

Btw baldrick needs to come in and explain that awful fucking email he sent to me

baldrick was in CYOU'RE (CYOR2). eclipse was thinking of CYOR Edited by Prims

the reason you were called scummy for it is because you didn't actually case me you were like "BBM ISN'T CLEAR but I don't think he's scum NOBODY SHOULD CLAIM TO HIM THOUGH"

What I actually asserted:

BBM's role, given the nature of it + the fact that we had two fucking cops on the side = There's really no reason to consider you as insta-cleared, as role stealing/vanilizing has actually moreso been seen on scum-side vs. on town-sided roles.

Secondly, with as much PR's in terms of protection/information floating around, it seemed highly unlikely for a third source to be considered legitimate, so either Rapier was lying about his role having been removed (which I'd doubted), or there was reason to not trust your role in itself. As you could've easily had been someone with multi-roles (JoAT of sorts), or otherwise a role that, in itself, was far from being cleared. But because Kirsche found it to be the "towniest" role (which smelled like logic from a certain OC game in which I myself was "cleared" on really faulty basis) = you got town leadership for free. ((I also did note the fact that you were opting to information dig/prompt people way too much, I felt, but the fact that Via also supported him easily, I felt there was scum in at least one, if not both of the slots.

But I also felt that there was a reason why the SK chose not to remove BBM, so eh. It's why I never bothered aiming/suggesting the BBM kill.

See Eury even if you wallposted

you'd post fluff

probably two liners

and not get into detail with your reads like you'd do as town

Except, I still generally post cases that are legitimate, whether I'm scum-sided or town. Yes, I may have to dig a bit harder as scum to make it seem more honest, but I don't generally lie/falsify my cases. I rely on townies making bad cases and making cases on them in order to appear as townie as I do in most of my scum-sided games.

So not all of my posts as scum are "two liners of fluff", thank you.

EDIT: I also tried, with keeping my posts/reads concise, to keep my "scum reads" to a more reasonable level, though there were honestly enough poor plays amongst town AND scum sided players that probably warranted me to scum read about half of the player slot come D2. So eh. Perhaps my restraint there seemed unnatural, idk.

Edited by Eurykins

Yeah but like what made him think it was a good idea to send that? I literally had my kill as eury n3 until I saw baldrick's email. This game could have ended sooner.

Vanillizer-vig is stronger than lynch itself and shouldn't be used again. Bomb on top of that is just lol. BBM didn't even come close to abusing it though, so this could've been even worse for scum.

Pretty sure it was 1-shot.

The game kinda lost a bit of its luster after town leader became a thing. Is that common in SF Mafia? Also over 2000 fucking posts.

Straight NOC is no. Anything else is, because people like to rolespec.

because Baldrick thought you would become a SK instead of a survivor after your target died and I didn't have an email to send to him

also Weapons I'm not sure how you wanted me to abuse my role since I had only one shot? I FUCKING TRIED to get killed by claiming my role in a way that made it sound OP in thread but then I became town leader and mafia just assumed I would be protected

Oh, was that claimed in thread? I was going to go after BBM if I didn't die.

I didn't explicitly say it because I wanted the mafia to think I was a threat that needed to be eliminated in terms of role

because Baldrick thought you would become a SK instead of a survivor after your target died and I didn't have an email to send to him

also Weapons I'm not sure how you wanted me to abuse my role since I had only one shot? I FUCKING TRIED to get killed by claiming my role in a way that made it sound OP in thread but then I became town leader and mafia just assumed I would be protected

Problem is, your role seemed obviously rigged/strong, to where it's easy to assume that it was one-shot.

Secondly, with LG as an obvious PR along with Poly, until we removed one/the other (and with myself/SB alone) there's no clear shot at anyone. The only way we had a clear shot at KIRSCHE was given N1 mass role block.

So all in all, that was our only time to really do any damage, and that in itself kinda got fucked by the existence of the whole Masonry Martyring bullshit protection that Kirsche had built into someone else. :/

[4/1/2015 11:40:03 PM] BBM: BOMBVIG OP

[4/1/2015 11:40:06 PM] Refa³: OP

[4/1/2015 11:40:33 PM] Refa³: why is your role way better than mine

[4/1/2015 11:40:46 PM] BBM: #eliegames

PS:

[3/27/2015 3:21:53 PM] 【Prims】: btw my guesses for remaining scum from skimming are weapons/SB/eury

[3/27/2015 3:21:53 PM] 【Prims】: im gonna say the SK is via or paper, not because they're playing like it but just because they'd probably request it and people still do requested handpicks

3/4 get fucked

why you gotta hate

:/

Proof of such: Randa case. Still perfectly legitimate, and was openly agreed upon by multiple players in this game, town sided and not.

I also harbor no real "SCUM BUDDY PROTECTION" rule as scum, so I'm okay with openly reading them as being scummy or town; I don't put certain biases on people based on whether they're my buddy or not, as it only leaves me open to harder associative reads between me and them come their flips. (So it's not as though I was like, "OMG SCUM BUSSING BUDDY", but moreso, "You're playing so scummy that probably town!Eury wouldn't overlook your (pretty bad imo) gameplay that is occurring in-thread atm").

Yes, it does mean I have to dig a bit harder into making the town/non-scum team sided cases look worse, but I generally don't go overboard with it. But perhaps my lack of drive was also affecting me post D2/N2.

[4/1/2015 11:40:03 PM] BBM: BOMBVIG OP
[4/1/2015 11:40:06 PM] Refa³: OP
[4/1/2015 11:40:33 PM] Refa³: why is your role way better than mine
[4/1/2015 11:40:46 PM] BBM: #eliegames

*Cough*

#ShinoriGames

*Cough*

Alright. If I ever see anyone citing this town win as a justification to produce another 50 page D1 they are fucking banned from playing mafia ever again. Got it?

Congrats to town for winning. Good work with the shorter posts, Eurykins, keep it up.

I don't care if there were errors, I don't care if it was imbalanced.

I really think referring to someones game as someone else's game is offensive and kind of rude.

Edited by Shinori