Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

Also @Shinori: I was only ever joking when I mentioned elie games. I knew it was your game but ultimately just chose to blame Elie for the roles because it was funnier.

If it's any consolation D1 was the most fun I've had in non-OC mafia.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Randa, we were pretty much forced to bus you or we would look Incredibly Awkward after your flip anyway and Eury was your counterwagon. There wasn't really any choice but to play out the bus here.

I tried HARD BUDDYING my team at first for a change to see if it ended up wifoming people into thinking I was town because Super Busser but apparently not.

Lies! I said you were towny as fuck.

That's what I did.

See the problem I wasn't playing scummy or I would've had a wagon on me. I was playing the way I usually do, as both town and scum. I was speratic, my thoughts were all over the place and I wasn't paying any real attention to anything. If people thought I was scum history has shown repeatedly they lynch me day 1, even when I'm town I still get lynched day 1. See the main reason why I actually got lynched is because of poor timing for when I needed a sub, which Shinori apparently never made public so people thought I was just flaking. But as it wound up being I disappeared in about the same time that a case appeared, and then a very active poster not posting at all, in close timing to a case. More so that would seem scummy then the actual case. Not saying don't bus people I'm just saying don't bus people when there's nothing to gain from it. Bussing blitz was fine SB could gain some town cred from that, hopefully. Bussing me accomplishes nothing with the way your situation was. You were still being scum read by most of the game, SB was still being scum read, Refa was dead, Blitz was dead, I was null for most people. What does bussing me accomplish?

I knew it was an Eli game. Nothing else explains the balance.

I take full credit for that majestic end of day 1.

EDIT: Technically, I never truly intended to bus you. What I did: I stayed consistent with my read on you since D1.

I found your gameplay way too wonky (to where town!me would've never had stayed quiet about it), and thus kept my case/vote revolving around you and a few others. The fact that I found it weird (and the fact that it never changed with the incoming day phases) also meant that I had no real means/reason to suddenly drop my scum read on you, thus the consistency/cases stood as they were. Maybe I could've picked more wagons/cases to push ahead of yours, yeah, but I was also busy this past week with work and such (which affected when I could post/my overall activity levels as a whole in certain day phases), so that mildly affected how my gameplay turned out.

And in a sense, your gameplay did make little sense coming from town PoV (especially ED2), and actually, I only mentioned you once or twice max in Day 2 (so I wasn't super pushing you hard/trying to super rile people up for your wagon), so in that light, I wasn't intending to shove a bus on your slot; it just kinda snowballed that way. :/

Edited by Eurykins

Consistency isn't worth it, town is inconsistent as fuck so I don't get why scum players have to be consistent (not really you, since I can get your reasoning?). As long as you can prove that you've spent the most effort casing the person voting you (and noone has significant issues with it) and maybe play to your town meta a bit, people will not be bothered by you.

Edited by Refa

Kirsche tldr:

"Levi I don't trust you enough to let you know who had a role so here just tell everyone to target xyz"

but I claimed to her . . .

when the unanimously agreed on town leader tells you to do something on D1, you probably do it

Dude I just did what kirsche told me to.

He literally told me to tell blitz to target player 20 and I was like "kirsche there is no player 20" and he NEVER clarified on that

shinori you're good when you put serious effort into a game

granted this is probably akin to saying you're almost never good

Edited by Prims

Dude I just did what kirsche told me to.

He literally told me to tell blitz to target player 20 and I was like "kirsche there is no player 20" and he NEVER clarified on that

you aren't the only one, I bugged him about it too

Proto's really done a number on me, his only message to me was him telling me he didn't trust my choice so he was masoning someone else ;.;

What the hell, Kirsche??? Why the Furudo Erika would you lie like this?

@PB: Just wifoming Bizz.

@Bizz: I meant 19, the last player in the game. It wasn't important though, remember I didn't have the messages to reply to you.

What the hell, Kirsche??? Why the Furudo Erika would you lie like this?

So Bizz wouldn't be like "oh Refa is the other mason" automatically.

BTW why didn't you contact me earlier with what you could do. I didn't know if you were a recruiter, there was a group, who you wanted to target, it was all a mystery.

@hosts: In the future you should make your role pms clearer. For example:

You’re also being protected by Silver Knight

I read this as simply flavour, but it turns out it had actual meaning and it isn't obvious one way or the other at all. Similarly, I didn't think what Proto's role pm said was completely clear on how it interacts with a doctor, because a doctor can be seen as a preventative measure (think jailor), preventing the kill from taking effect, or a protective measure, stopping a user from dying because of a shot. Thinking thematically only worsens this, as why would someone sac themselves when I'm in good hands already?