Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm part of the crew who made the 50 page D1 and I'm sorry.

Its just that it has been a long time since I played a town game where I thought scum hunting mattered and I was excited to do it and be obvtown.

Ofc in the end my assumptions were shit.

Proof of such: Randa case. Still perfectly legitimate, and was openly agreed upon by multiple players in this game, town sided and not.

I also harbor no real "SCUM BUDDY PROTECTION" rule as scum, so I'm okay with openly reading them as being scummy or town; I don't put certain biases on people based on whether they're my buddy or not, as it only leaves me open to harder associative reads between me and them come their flips. (So it's not as though I was like, "OMG SCUM BUSSING BUDDY", but moreso, "You're playing so scummy that probably town!Eury wouldn't overlook your (pretty bad imo) gameplay that is occurring in-thread atm").

Yes, it does mean I have to dig a bit harder into making the town/non-scum team sided cases look worse, but I generally don't go overboard with it. But perhaps my lack of drive was also affecting me post D2/N2.

I mean if you're bussing, then definitely, yeah, but you either can't make a legitimate case on someone you know is town (unless they're inactive or actively trying to lose) or your cases as town have clear flaws.

sorry that i spammed a lot this game i was really stressed irl and didn't want it to translate here so i kept joking around lol

There's nothing straight about SF Mafia.

Counterpoint: Manix

But yeah, I more-or-less started blind, because I did NOT want to read that shit.

Good work with the shorter posts, Eurykins, keep it up.

Omgsenpainoticedme! *o*

Realtalk: Thanks, lol. That was the first game that I've had a Google Word Doc opened, and literally copy/pasta'd every single post/post-in-progress 3-4 times (before I finally sent in my post). Was crazy, and was probably not the greatest thing to do while scum sided (dat "OMG EURY NO WALLPOSTING = INSTASCUM" meta tho), but otherwise was okay with trying to do so.

@Weapons: Yet I still put up legitimate points against doubting BBM, Via (though I admit I could've adjusted my logic/reactions, so meh. I still would've reacted the same way though, imo, as town!me), and against others like Marth (which, like the Randa case, was easily accepted by most). So it just depends how many townies are playing poorly (and/or kinda flaking- IE. Rapier, Poly, etc.).

Did you lie about actions on purpose? Things could've went a lot better if you didn't die cause of that.

What actions are you taking about here? I mean, as scum I lied about a lot of things (sorry guys, I was the one who shot Proto) so it's hard to tell, dude.

you can say you would, but speaking from experience it's not easy to be unbiased towards your own position and thoughts

i know this because i've said similar things about my town/scum play when situations like this come up and i'm not right, in hindsight

edit: yes, you could be right, but it's hard to determine from your own viewpoint if you actually are or not

Edited by Curly Brace

I didn't play an amazing scum game or anything but I'm still kind of bitter that kirsche only caught me because he thought Proto mismasoned me. Also of course the only time anyone tries to mason/cult me is when I'm scum...

also LOC games should have rules against codes IMO because they're basically circumventing the LOC contact mechanic to infinite OC contact in-thread

I actually explained reads in many of my posts (PoEing you/eury was because the rest of the playerlist was townie off of interactions)

The SB case was a thing for the entire game actually but I suppose I should've been more confident in it D2

Marth was obvious town because he didn't shoot Terra as soon as Terra claimed to him.

Edited by Refa

but OC doesn't need codes

its always the LOC games that are weird

but fwiw I think this is my first game where I'm town and there's a town leader and we won

(Well I guess CYOUR counts but I flaked and don't remember anything about it)