Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizz, I thought there was no way you not could become SK unless the game was townsided as fuck.

It'd be great to be scum in a game that was scumsided for once (I think the closest was lol Snooping).

rip scum for real

This game was pretty much a trainwreck. Day 1 was pretty fun but afterwards it kind of sucked because of my team getting rolled (also Refa's death was because kirsche couldn't figure out at that EVERYONE CLAIMING HOOKED meant there was a mass-roleblock which was >.>) and generally people not doing that much beyond Day 2 maybe.

I just don't think LOC is fun as a concept. OC is fun because you can talk about the game without restriction, but LOC forces you to save all your messages for the inevitable town leader system and then they control your action (and try to if you say "I'm not following orders anyway", thanks kirsche) so generally it just kind of sucks. It looked like a lot of the townies felt similar about this but yeah, pls no more LOC.

Via and BBM's roles were ridiculous but people've already said that, but also we felt very underpowered with one Godfather (that didn't even work properly) against four cops? BBM's role was basically a daycop, Rapier and Weapons made each other obvtown due to the Odd/Even night thing and Weapons was basically a fullcop considering the setup of roles, and Proto's role was both confirmed town and wasn't even affected by Blitz's Godfather which sucked. It was kind of balanced by the fact that it could be hijacked onto scum but that involved finding it via rolecop and since Proto was super easy to read as Mason there was no point in ever doing that. But yeah four cops made the only fakeclaim we got (tracker/watcher) kind of blow, especially when we couldn't prove it and LOC made things really awkward.

Also the fact that eclipse/BBM both subbed in for people who were really lynchable and immediately cased us sucked for scum too but there's not really much you can do about it I guess.

Shoutout to Lord Gaius for playing a solid first game. Hopefully you stick around.

Edited by SB.

I am really sorry for so badly and it probably my fault for me dying because of pulling that claim in that way and I would also like to say SB and Eury (but mostly SB) did well by not giving up even after 3 of us died in one day phase (reminds me of Eclipse taking out entire scumteam, C2 in Ivalice mafia, lol)

also, I hate LOCs, because I cannot see what is going on (like in NOCs) and cannot snoop info out of people either (like in OCs)

Shoutout to Lord Gaius for playing a solid first game. Hopefully you stick around.

agreed and yeah, you really should stick around Gaius

Edited by Blitz

but that involved finding it Via rolecop

okay did you do that on purpose

I don't mind LOC, but it MUST carry the "no crypto in thread" rule! For dissuading town leaders, make it so that someone can only send a message to a person once every two numbered phases (or something equally lame).

okay did you do that on purpose

Uhhhh, no, I just derped and capitalised it for no reason. We actually rolecopped Paper because I thought his caginess with kirsche meant he was a PR but obviously not.

alsso yeah gaiu you had a pretty solid town game, I had no problems w/ you the whole way through and I think only Marth really thought you were scum (if there were any others idr)

Uhhhh, no, I just derped and capitalised it for no reason

aww i thought you were making a joke

alsso yeah gaiu you had a pretty solid town game, I had no problems w/ you the whole way through and I think only Marth really thought you were scum (if there were any others idr)

Kinda felt that he had the strongest reason to be ITP. Might've gone after a mafia case had Eury flipped town, but wasn't a huge priority.

The "others" were me and Refa desperately trying to squeeze out mislynches, so yeah.

What a thrill.

Eclipse; SB/Refa/Randa all tried that, and then they all died. Coincidence? I think not!

BBM trusted me as well.

Bizz; I thought as SK, rapier would be a good kill (confirmed town) and you would think it best to cooperate and hope town looked for mfia first. But mostly it was to get rid of rapier.

Also I forgot to say this but yeah lynching Marth over me was a pretty terrible idea.

I was planning to sac on D3 regardless of how the game went after being roleswapped with Refa but uh... things didn't work out too well and I was forced to do it anyway.

Yeah I played pretty decent I guess, I never really dipped below Null. You guys can thank Blitz for getting me to play. Edited by Lord Gaius

I like that the entire scumteam was wagoning/pressuring me ED1

Lies! I said you were towny as fuck.

Also I feel insulted that you guys think I'd claim ED1 Vanilla as scum and then use a night action

That's what I did.

Proof of such: Randa case. Still perfectly legitimate, and was openly agreed upon by multiple players in this game, town sided and not.

I also harbor no real "SCUM BUDDY PROTECTION" rule as scum, so I'm okay with openly reading them as being scummy or town; I don't put certain biases on people based on whether they're my buddy or not, as it only leaves me open to harder associative reads between me and them come their flips. (So it's not as though I was like, "OMG SCUM BUSSING BUDDY", but moreso, "You're playing so scummy that probably town!Eury wouldn't overlook your (pretty bad imo) gameplay that is occurring in-thread atm").

Yes, it does mean I have to dig a bit harder into making the town/non-scum team sided cases look worse, but I generally don't go overboard with it. But perhaps my lack of drive was also affecting me post D2/N2.

See the problem I wasn't playing scummy or I would've had a wagon on me. I was playing the way I usually do, as both town and scum. I was speratic, my thoughts were all over the place and I wasn't paying any real attention to anything. If people thought I was scum history has shown repeatedly they lynch me day 1, even when I'm town I still get lynched day 1. See the main reason why I actually got lynched is because of poor timing for when I needed a sub, which Shinori apparently never made public so people thought I was just flaking. But as it wound up being I disappeared in about the same time that a case appeared, and then a very active poster not posting at all, in close timing to a case. More so that would seem scummy then the actual case. Not saying don't bus people I'm just saying don't bus people when there's nothing to gain from it. Bussing blitz was fine SB could gain some town cred from that, hopefully. Bussing me accomplishes nothing with the way your situation was. You were still being scum read by most of the game, SB was still being scum read, Refa was dead, Blitz was dead, I was null for most people. What does bussing me accomplish?

Elie was a great help and an amazing co-host and ultimately we made the game together.

But seriously.

I knew it was an Eli game. Nothing else explains the balance.

I'm part of the crew who made the 50 page D1 and I'm sorry.

Its just that it has been a long time since I played a town game where I thought scum hunting mattered and I was excited to do it and be obvtown.

Ofc in the end my assumptions were shit.

I take full credit for that majestic end of day 1. Edited by Randa