Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think you're getting frustrated too easily and not giving it your all. And by not giving it your all, I mean that I don't think you're using all the options that can be readily available to you.

You seem to hate an awful amount of characters, pretty much everyone people recommend you use you say you don't like so you never will. If you only want to play with characters you like, maybe you should take a break until Ike and the Tellius crew show up.

I am giving it my all though.

I don't though. The only units in the game that I hate/dislike enough not to use currently are Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Lyn, Tharja, Felicia, and Roy. Off the top of my head. Currently, I don't want to use any Elibe units right now because I'm tired of seeing them in focuses and all over the place when I dislike Elibe, but that won't last forever. Once that's passed, I'd be fine with using some Elibe characters. Also, there are still very good characters out there that I do like a lot and would be willing to use, like Ryoma and Takumi. But right now they're very hard to get.

I'd like more Magvel and Jugdral too, not just Tellius. I know we have a few Jugdral characters already, but I'm mainly waiting for Sigurd and some of his group. I don't care about his son.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I have Sully, but the problem is, her def is so awful. She has 7 def at lv. 16. 4 star.

Uh ? She's -Def or what ?

Mine's is 19 at lvl 30. And she had solo-ing a match against 4 reds.

10 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I just built my own calculator, which runs battles against every unit in the game simultaneously, so I can compare raw numbers. this stuff is chump change with a pretty interface

I built a calculator in my head.

Well @Sunwoo Ana has the damage calculator now so she's going to do better if it really bothers you that much. I don't really like this confrontation so let's change the topic, no?

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

Uh ? She's -Def or what ?

Mine's is 19 at lvl 30. And she had solo-ing a match against 4 reds.

19 at level 30 is actually pretty meh for a 4 star cav. Unless she gains 5 defense then it'll be a little bit more yay than meh

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

19 at level 30 is actually pretty meh for a 4 star cav. Unless she gains 5 defense then it'll be a little bit more yay than meh

Well, maybe, but she take maximum of 7 HP from sword units who have her lvl. Lyn, Chrom, Roy, Lucina... Nobody have done mass damage to her. So that's why I recommended her...

Hmm...

Edited by Ledrert

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I am giving it my all though.

I don't though. The only units in the game that I hate/dislike enough not to use currently are Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Lyn, Tharja, Felicia, and Roy. Off the top of my head. Currently, I don't want to use any Elibe units right now because I'm tired of seeing them in focuses and all over the place when I dislike Elibe, but that won't last forever. Once that's passed, I'd be fine with using some Elibe characters. Also, there are still very good characters out there that I do like a lot and would be willing to use, like Ryoma and Takumi. But right now they're very hard to get.

I'd like more Magvel and Jugdral too, not just Tellius. I know we have a few Jugdral characters already, but I'm mainly waiting for Sigurd and some of his group. I don't care about his son.

Ana, question. Did you re-roll at all, when you started playing? I wouldn't recommend it now, of course, with your 5-star Frederick at all. But did you re-roll when you started the game? And how often are you spending your orbs? Because I have a few 5-stars, but that's because I've spent every free orb the game has thrown at me. I also re-rolled until the game gave me some units that I really liked, so I settled for a roll with a 3-star Oboro and 3-star Tsubaki. If you're not spending your orbs, it's not a surprise you don't have many 5-star units. So if you really want to wait for Ike or Magvel or Sigurd, then you're better off just making do with what you do have and are willing to use.

My 40 4* Sully has 22 def, which is pretty low, but that's good enough to shred the fuck out of any sword that comes her way. Sapphire Lance combined with Swordbreaker hurts swords like hell.

Like she regularly onerounds Lucina while taking minimal damage. Her performance in the arena really do benefit from the current red swordlord saturation.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ana, question. Did you re-roll at all, when you started playing? I wouldn't recommend it now, of course, with your 5-star Frederick at all. But did you re-roll when you started the game? And how often are you spending your orbs? Because I have a few 5-stars, but that's because I've spent every free orb the game has thrown at me. I also re-rolled until the game gave me some units that I really liked, so I settled for a roll with a 3-star Oboro and 3-star Tsubaki. If you're not spending your orbs, it's not a surprise you don't have many 5-star units. So if you really want to wait for Ike or Magvel or Sigurd, then you're better off just making do with what you do have and are willing to use.

No, I never re-rolled because it never occurred to me at all. I haven't summoned since Ephraim last had a focus and that was the first summon I'd done in weeks. I have not summoned much lately because the banners don't interest me. I have over 100 orbs hoarded now because of that.

What I have now doesn't seem to be enough. That's why I said I had no choice but to quit playing, at least for now.

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Well, maybe, but she take maximum of 7 HP from sword units who have her lvl. Lyn, Chrom, Roy, Lucina... Nobody have done mass damage to her. So that's why I recommended her...

Hmm...

...What?

And anyway, my Sully probably is -def.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Hmm...

Does sully have a sapphire Lance? That's probably why if it's like that. Other than that, then I guess 19 defense is good and I'm a total moron ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like I was ninjered by Thor. Well st least swords won't be a problem. Now you can't take a hit from axes worth a rats behind. Even so, axes aren't really abundant so I guess green tomes are more of a threat.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I never re-rolled because it never occurred to me at all. I haven't summoned since Ephraim last had a focus and that was the first summon I'd done in weeks. I have not summoned much lately because the banners don't interest me. I have over 100 orbs hoarded now because of that.

What I have now doesn't seem to be enough. That's why I said I had no choice but to quit playing, at least for now.

At the very least, if the other characters you're willing to use aren't level 40 in whatever rarity you got them at, that might be a good use of your time. Even if you can't beat the arena to get feathers, there will be other gauntlets and even 3-star and 4-star units at level 40 are still viable enough to do their job.

25 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I just built my own calculator, which runs battles against every unit in the game simultaneously, so I can compare raw numbers. this stuff is chump change with a pretty interface

This.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have some mistakes here and there with special skill damage. I might not have a chance to test those out, so if you're using my calculations info, take the special skill parts with a grain of salt.

My Google Sheets calculator is probably the most ridiculous thing I've made in recent memory... So many lookup tables it's not even funny.

I agree with Sunwoo. I think you'd be better off taking a break from these threads and the game itself (though I still suggest getting all the easy possible orbs). Unlike Sunwoo though, I do think you're giving it your all. Simply arguing on this thread will only make the situation much more frustrating to deal with, not just with you, but everyone else who's trying to help you out (or maybe not help, i don't know. I wasn't really around when this happened). I suggest you should do something besides Fire Emblem (or play Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn again if you really want more Fire Emblem). Until Ike and the Tellius crew show up, there's not much else to say. Even I'm conserving my orbs as best as I can since i'm not interested in this banner. I'm gonna be real for a second and say that this is very tiresome. It's not your fault though, had Ike been released now, I'm sure we wouldn't have this issue. So it's really the developers fault for this (along with some balancing issues).

I am predicting that once the new main story hits, they'll release a bunch of characters including Tellius. If they do not have more Tellius characters by then, I think then would be a good time to riot.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

At the very least, if the other characters you're willing to use aren't level 40 in whatever rarity you got them at, that might be a good use of your time. Even if you can't beat the arena to get feathers, there will be other gauntlets and even 3-star and 4-star units at level 40 are still viable enough to do their job.

Frederick is my only lv. 40 unit. And it took me forever to get him there. I don't know how other people do it as fast as they do. But the higher tower stratums are very hard, so my units are killed a lot and you don't get much exp at that point. I don't feel like trying to get someone else to lv. 40 right now. But I will do that in the future eventually.

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but it might be useful to have a lower-levelled unit for you to get some easier wins, if you cant get wins with all high-level units. Do you have Olivia? She can learn Dance at 3* and her 4* version comes with it, and she's free at 1* and 2*. You don't need her to have levels to be useful, but having her will drag the total bst of the enemies you have to face down while giving your stronger units more mobility options.

Yeah, if you win with your high 30s-40 team, sure, you'll get more feathers, but I'd rather take a hit to points than not get any at all, and if you can hit around 3000 or so with one sub-levelled unit, that's still 2000 feathers a week and will help you get feathers for another 5* in time.

Also re: high stratums I personally run Olivia, healer, and then just clear the 0th stratum until I get a favorable enough color distribution (ex: if I'm training Reinhardt, I want to see a good number reds and hopefully not too much green) and I also bring a babysitter unit like another lv 40, such as Ryoma, to get rid of some enemies so Rein doesn't have to fight everything at once. Sure, it's a bit less exp if Ryoma kills a dude, but if that dude is gonna kill Rein, better lose out the exp on the one dude than the entire map.

Edited by Thor Odinson

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but it might be useful to have a lower-levelled unit for you to get some easier wins, if you cant get wins with all high-level units. Do you have Olivia? She can learn Dance at 3* and her 4* version comes with it, and she's free at 1* and 2*. You don't need her to have levels to be useful, but having her will drag the total bst of the enemies you have to face down while giving your stronger units more mobility options.

I tried that, actually. I have Olivia at 4 star, but she got killed off before I could do much with her.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!

Reveal hidden contents

I had to 

Indeed, man...

I would recommend keeping Olivia out of range. Of course, it's harder to do that in some maps than others (cursed lava map, for example), but if you keep danger zone up and make sure she's never in there (or when she is, it's because you'll kill the only dude in range of her soon after) it'll help.

A levelled Olivia does have the benefit of occasionally being able to siphon a hit from your stronger units, though my Olivia is also -speed so she's kinda bad at doing that since she will get doubled, even at 40. She's still quite vital for my team functions, since i can pull off shit like 
>nino hit linde across wall
>olivia dance nino to retreat
>ryoma step up to the wall and delete takumi EP now that linde's no longer bothering him

shit like that.

Edited by Thor Odinson

@Sire@Elieson Thanks for the number comparisons. It's a shame +Atk Karel leaves neutral hp/def Hector at 1HP after engaging him in combat. Both are pretty good red units, and both are good on what they do. Both of them can tank Hector and double him hard and ko him next phase, same with any other green user. However I do praise Lyn's Galeforce as it allows her to wreck 2 units on the same turn. Today my +Atk -Res Lyn tanked both Hector and Julia hits, killed Hector, proc'd forks and stomped Julia. Dunno if Karel would've survived an extra hit from Julia in the same case. Also, I've seen Lucina's with 40 and 41 spd, these would one round neutral Karel.

Edited by Quintessence

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick is my only lv. 40 unit. And it took me forever to get him there. I don't know how other people do it as fast as they do. But the higher tower stratums are very hard, so my units are killed a lot and you don't get much exp at that point. I don't feel like trying to get someone else to lv. 40 right now. But I will do that in the future eventually.

The first time around will be the hardest. After that, it gets easier to level up your units to level 40 because you have babysitters already available.

I personally suggest leveling up 3 or 4 characters in a balanced team all at once. After that, you'll have a team of 3 level 40 units (heck, even level 35 is pretty good) plus 1 unit that they can babysit through the tower. A healer and a dancer/singer at any level are also helpful.

Use the lowest stratum to shuffle the unit compositions, and pick a mission with 2 or 3 units that the unit in training can probably beat and have your babysitters kill everything else. It's better to get rid of a potential threat to your unit in training than to let that unit die, after all.

If you can't handle the top two strata, then don't bother with them. Stratum 8 (the lowest Lunatic stratum) will pit you against weaker enemies, but they still give decent enough exp. and have a lower chance of killing you with absurd skill sets. Make sure you still read their skills, though. I have a bad habit of not noticing Wings of Mercy until it's too late.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Game, please stop sending me late ass delayed notifications to things that have occurred.

Yes, because serenes forest is a game XD happened to me too actually. Maybe some sort of glitch or something

Edit: I'm a moron. You're talking about heroes aren't you? Heh funny cause that happens to me too

Spoiler

Guess who had too much to drink?

Edited by Arcanite

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

My method for power-leveling characters is to put the unit in with Olivia to Dance for them, along with a Healer or two to top off any Health they might lose.  If you still have Olivia, going twice in a round really helps with the power-leveling.  I can usually get to level 20 pretty easily.

@EliesonYeah, I saw that about an hour ago. After I had tried to pull for the banner characters who weren't Karel (I'll wait for him to drop in rarity, thank you very much).
And failed. Can't complain about the units I got (come Thursday, their skills will serve my other units well... especially the spare Odin I got, his Moonbow (and possibly Defiant ATK, if I can give multiple skills off a single unit) will find a nice home in my Nino), but I was really hoping for Ninian (partially for blue dancer, partially for dragon dancer, partially for nostalgia's sake... this focus made me want to go replay FE7 again, maybe finally do Hector Hard Mode).

Also, I have a few Ninos. They are +ATK/-SPD, +HP/-RES, and +HP/-ATK. Which ones should I keep? I want to keep two (one to raise up, one in case I wanna give someone who gets added later Gronnblade), and donate one of them via Inherit Skill to teach Gronnblade to F!Robin (I wanna give F!Robin another tome, and as far as I know she should be able to switch back if I feel like Gronnwolf would be a better tome for a level, so why not?) or Julia (because giving Gronnblade to someone who already does really high damage can only be a good idea, and if I anticipate a dragon-heavy map I can just switch back to Naga), unless it overwrites their previous weapons (not getting rid of Naga, and Gronnwolf is pretty good vs Cavalry so I don't want to get rid of it).

With my last pull I have finally managed to build a competitive team of 5*s with good synergy and near-perfect IVs. So happy! <3

Currently running a +Spd/-Atk Ninian, +Spd/Def Nino, +Spd/Def Eirika and +Atk/-HP Kagero.

Now just roll on next arena week so I can actually get bonus points for this team lmao

Edited by hunty