Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, well, okay then. Only time will tell though, yeah.

I was hoping the Celica banner would wait a bit, personally, so we can get a few more Tellius characters first, but I can see why this would happen now. Echoes is going to release in the west soonish.

Hey, don't forget Magvel. :P If anything, I'd expect Magvellian characters after the Celica banner.

Edited by NoirCore
My letter ran away, but I caught it!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Hey, don't forget Magvel. :P If anything, I'd expect Magvellian characters after the Celica banner.

Yeah, that's a fair point too.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Many of my favorite characters just happen to be tanky, but I do tend to prefer using those kinds of units anyway, yeah.

Maybe you're right, and I hope that someday, somehow, I can start doing better in the arena. But what we don't know is if I'll be able to always pick a defense map. It could be random and have the game pick it for you.

Since the Arena update has yet to hit, this is obviously simply speculation, but my current hypothesis is that they'll do a rotation of sorts. 

They'll have standard maps one week then defense-oriented maps the next and back to standard, rotating through them. 

Since each rotation of Arena bonus characters lasts for two seasons, this would mean that each rotation of bonus characters would get one week on standard Arena maps and one week on defense maps, which would keep things balanced.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Since the Arena update has yet to hit, this is obviously simply speculation, but my current hypothesis is that they'll do a rotation of sorts. 

They'll have standard maps one week then defense-oriented maps the next and back to standard, rotating through them. 

Since each rotation of Arena bonus characters lasts for two seasons, this would mean that each rotation of bonus characters would get one week on standard Arena maps and one week on defense maps, which would keep things balanced.

Reins are still going to hurt if you don't have a tanky green mage.

Hopefully, being offensive on the maps aren't going to be too much of a detriment in the case of facing brave weapon double attacks + terrain, or attempt to kill the brave users while they're standing on their fort.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh god. I knew a few of the original developers for that... they lived down the street by the theater.

Wow. You're all over the place with connections, aren't you?

58 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wow. You're all over the place with connections, aren't you?

Says the guy connected to the ever-so-famous mkv

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I still have never gone deathless in arena >_> 4625 this time. Oh well

lol you're right underneath me

I could have went deathless, but a careless mistake got me one death

But I'm still gonna get my 1,500 feathers though! And I have a defense win!

WOOT WOOT!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WOOT WOOT!

I have nine defense wins. lol

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Possible, yeah. Though as SoC/Rey pointed out, Reinhardts can still fuck people up no matter what. xP

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well way to stomp on my fire

NINE!?!?!?

Weren't you just saying how its so hard to get defense wins or something!? And now you have nine!?!?

This game has to be racist against robots or something..........

Spoiler

#IkeIsAMonster #LobsterLordIsHere #AzuraIsQueen #PeopleSayHeLooksLikeALobsterButHeReallyLooksLikeAPorcupineIMO

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

lol you're right underneath me

I could have went deathless, but a careless mistake got me one death

same..........

oh well, so close to 20k now! thanks for the free feathers, Sakura!

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well way to stomp on my fire

NINE!?!?!?

Weren't you just saying how its so hard to get defense wins or something!? And now you have nine!?!?

This game has to be racist against robots or something..........

Reveal hidden contents

#IkeIsAMonster #LobsterLordIsHere #AzuraIsQueen #PeopleSayHeLooksLikeALobsterButHeReallyLooksLikeAPorcupineIMO

It was, but then all of a sudden I started getting a whole bunch of defense wins. I don't know how. :P

Just now, Anacybele said:

It was, but then all of a sudden I started getting a whole bunch of defense wins. I don't know how. :P

I call hacks

Guess I need to start using teams that have distant counter out the wazoo

Anyone else want to see how good double Xander performs in the arena?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I call hacks

dat 40k feather investment lol

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Possible, yeah. Though as SoC/Rey pointed out, Reinhardts can still fuck people up no matter what. xP

Actually if Defense is set up like I think it is, Reinhardt would be worse on those maps than normal Arena. 

And I have plenty of units that can ORKO Rein, so I'm not worried :P

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

So much for gathering enough orbs from the quests for one last shot at the Hero Fest banner.

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 2.51.44 PM.png

Man how frustrated would you have been if that was a Hector there?

We'll never know.

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I call hacks

You could run:

Xander 1: Life and Death, Swordbreaker, Goad Cavalry

Xander 2: Fury, R Tomebreaker, Ward Cavalry

And they sort of cover each other's weaknesses. It's a big investment, but it's worth it, because you will still lose to every Reinhardt or Azura and get zero Defense wins.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You could run:

And they sort of cover each other's weaknesses. It's a big investment, but it's worth it, because you will still lose to every Reinhardt or Azura and get zero Defense wins.

@Arcanite

Or just pull 4 Julias from the upcoming Voting Gauntlet banner and run all of them with Fury and G Tomebreaker. Those Reinhardts and Azuras will never know what hit them.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite

Or just pull 4 Julias from the upcoming Voting Gauntlet banner and run all of them with Fury and G Tomebreaker. Those Reinhardts and Azuras will never know what hit them.

What if B Tomebreaker also prevented the second hit of Dime Thunder lol? Same for every Breaker vs Brave weapons. That'd be OP.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You could run:

My red tomebreaker will be Azura because she takes 0 damage from pretty much everything (exaggeration)

I like QR a little better! Plus I wouldn't have to sacrifice an Odin for red tomebreaker

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I read that as "Use Fury Nino + Dancer support to see if that will work on defense" Since I don't exactly speak "WishiWashese"

Just now, Arcanite said:

My red tomebreaker will be Azura because she takes 0 damage from pretty much everything (exaggeration)

I like QR a little better! Plus I wouldn't have to sacrifice an Odin for red tomebreaker

My Azura is +Res, so she literally takes no damage from Tharja lol. Don't even need that Breaker.

QR leads to more wins for Xander, but R Tomebreaker trolls Tharja.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I read that as "Use Fury Nino + Dancer support to see if that will work on defense" Since I don't exactly speak "WishiWashese"

Then you'd have to use 4 Ninos instead. Doesn't work unless you have 4. How else are you going to break through the Distant Counter reds?

Perfectly serious, though, I think a team of 4 strong green mages (Nino, Julia, Spring Camilla) would work rather well as an arena defense team. The only enemies green mages have trouble breaking through are magically bulky reds, and Sanaki and Sophia are nowhere near as common as the sword lords, most of whom have poor Res.

Once you brute force your way through the opponent's Ryoma or Xander or Ike, their morale will break and they will be sent fleeing to the hills (or left as dismembered corpses riddled with giant green swords).

And now I'm tempted to run a defense team of Nino, Julia, Julia, and Spring Camilla. Goddammit.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

And now I'm tempted to run a defense team of Nino, Julia, Julia, and Spring Camilla. Goddammit.

If you're a real man, you'd swap Julia and Julia for Cecilia and Merric