Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Virion being the second most used is simple. Didn't you see him alongside the Askr trio in every paralogue/story chapter reveal? He's basically a main character.

In all seriousness, him being in your party from the start explains how every player has used him, at least for a little bit. Though I am surprised Cecilia didn't overtake him, given how great and unique a character she is. Those normies need to step up their game.

No, he was replaced by Wyrs, remember?

Some people have actually been able to use Virion.  Apparently if he gets enough merges and the right skills he can kill everyone in the game.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@phineas81707 Chrom is the strictly better sword user (Chrom's existence makes the whole set of 'slow, bulky, swords' basically irrelevant, due to: best spread & best prf---even though most bulky swords prefer brave.)

But Alfonse has the bonus unit advantage, where he's not bad enough compared to Chrom to be worth benching him for Chrom and bringing another bonus unit in. Meaning everyone with similar spread is simply benched because bonus unit.

That said, a unit, who's name I will not refer to except in like 50 minutes, does have 'better' spread than Chrom, in terms of straight up offenses, so if bonus unit advantage is insufficient, he-he-will-not-be-named would possibly end up the best of the slow, bulky swords.

Completely and utterly unrelated:

God damn is speed a bad damage stat when you can have Atk instead, though. Adding 5 speed to Chrom gives him literally 2 wins in terms of the L&D set, and 1 win in terms of the Death Blow set.

Edit:

Regarding Virion, the dude is min-maxed to hell. He would've been archer Reinhardt if bows weren't such shitty weapons.

The guy casually walks in with 46/26 bulk and top 5 offenses.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

@phineas81707 Chrom is the strictly better sword user (Chrom's existence makes the whole set of 'slow, bulky, swords' basically irrelevant, due to: best spread & best prf---even though most bulky swords prefer brave.)

But Alfonse has the bonus unit advantage, where he's not bad enough compared to Chrom to be worth benching him for Chrom and bringing another bonus unit in. Meaning everyone with similar spread is simply benched because bonus unit.

That said, a unit, who's name I will not refer to except in like 50 minutes, does have 'better' spread than Chrom, in terms of straight up offenses, so if bonus unit advantage is insufficient, he-he-will-not-be-named would possibly end up the best of the slow, bulky swords.

Ah. I seem to remember Chrom being better, but I wasn't quite sure who was being advocated in that remark.

So Chrom is now basically Aether fodder now? Good enough for me. Nino, you're not overkilling enough.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Ah. I seem to remember Chrom being better, but I wasn't quite sure who was being advocated in that remark.

So Chrom is now basically Aether fodder now? Good enough for me. Nino, you're not overkilling enough.

Nah, +5 speed to Chrom makes basically no difference in terms of his performance. If you wanted enemy phase Chrom can keep his Prf and be a cool kid, if you wanted damage 25 or 20 speed when wielding a brave makes a difference in like: 2 cases, max.

In that regard he-who-will-not-be-named is probably less optimized than Chrom, since he dumped a unspecified number* of points into spd from his defensive stats.

Edit:

*It's 5, it's specified in my other post too, and this one, but it's 5.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No, Chrom is a Falchion healer.

I don't know where the notion that Chrom was ever a good red unit beyond this came from.  Him being outclassed by another unit means nothing, he was always a healer.  He has always been outclassed by other red units in terms of damage dealing.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Nah, +5 speed to Chrom makes basically no difference in terms of his performance. If you wanted enemy phase Chrom can keep his Prf and be a cool kid, if you wanted damage 25 or 20 speed when wielding a brave makes a difference in like: 2 cases, max.

...At any rate, 20,000 feathers for Nino/Linde's Aether isn't really an investment I feel like making in the near future. But I don't particularly feel like I'll be using Chrom thanks to Alfie anyway.

On another topic, an idea for an anti-brave skill occurred to me- Corrosion. Considering who it comes on, I think Ana will be very happy if they introduce that next.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I have Alm for that now.

Half hour till the drop. They'll also be giving 10 orbs. I did enough CC/TT/Quests to hit 50 orbs, so I'll be at 60 and able to do 3 full pulls. Going in on Alm's banner for Gray and Delthea.

Best of luck to you all. Also... Chain Challenge 9 and 10 man... still haven't gotten those last 6 orbs.. sheesh.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Half hour till the drop. They'll also be giving 10 orbs. I did enough CC/TT/Quests to hit 50 orbs, so I'll be at 60 and able to do 3 full pulls. Going in on Alm's banner for Gray and Delthea.

Best of luck to you all. Also... Chain Challenge 9 and 10 man... still haven't gotten those last 6 orbs.. sheesh.

God speed to you. I've got 14 right now + 12 from log in/compensation then whatever for the story chapters and the 50k+ TT rewards left. I hope I can get lucky with pulling Sonya and then go back to hunting summer Tiki...

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Keep in mind we also should be getting a Ch. 11 + 12 Chain Challenge if not immediately then some time pretty soon, so that's another 8 orbs to get as well. Best of luck to all of you as well. I know I'm going to need it while I'm being buried alive under the likes of Jagen and Gwendolyn.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

FEH twitter pretty much confirms Clive will be the GHB after Berkut.

Where? I dont see anything about Clive on the official JP twitterThis is not an official twitter.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

while I'm being buried alive under the likes of Jagen and Gwendolyn.

Hey, I need a Jagen or two for my horses! Gwendys though…

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Also, I dont think its been mentioned but FEH twitter pretty much confirms Clive will be the GHB after Berkut.  Good, we needed more horse GHB units....

Could you supply a reference?

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

I don't know where the notion that Chrom was ever a good red unit beyond this came from.  Him being outclassed by another unit means nothing, he was always a healer.  He has always been outclassed by other red units in terms of damage dealing.

37 attack?

Like theres only 2 Red that outclass Chrom in purely offensive potential, and thats Lucina and Hana.

edit: and Cain. and Eliwood. and Luke

Edited by JSND

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So uh... did anyone else see that "twist" when the game was basically just released?

Yeah, that was pretty much the game's worst kept secret. And of course they would end the chapter on that question of all things.

I hope Chapter 13 comes next month.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So uh... did anyone else see that "twist" when the game was basically just released?

Unless they twist that twist, I’ve been calling this since the release.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless they twist that twist, I’ve been calling this since the release.

The only way it could get any more twisted is if Zacharias' Lance was just a giant Twizzler. With two smaller Twizzlers as the lance head.

But really, this is the kind of storytelling/plot convenience/whatever you need to not have sad people you use to wow kids younger than four, not a community of hopefully grown adults and teens, some of whom can be quite critical of the smallest details.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The only way it could get any more twisted is if Zacharias' Lance was just a giant Twizzler. With two smaller Twizzlers as the lance head.

But really, this is the kind of storytelling/plot convenience/whatever you need to not have sad people you use to wow kids younger than four, not a community of hopefully grown adults and teens, some of whom can be quite critical of the smallest details.

Eh, I don't mind it. It's a very thin story which isn't surprising given the platform. Still, it's intrigued me all the same as to where it'll go.

I hope the twist is that Zacharias's body was destroyed, but not his soul or something. Maybe he could be the Fire Emblem since his soul has to be somewhere. Or something like there are three Brunos and the real one is dead. The other two? Loki and Zacharias with Zacharias being forced to become and replace Bruno which causes his mind to be slowly ravaged as Bruno tries to take over, but it's not actually Bruno, but what Zacharias thinks is Bruno because of how Loki behaves while taking on Bruno's appearance.

That or it turns out Alfonse is the actual villain who killed Zacharias in cold blood and is faking everything since killing Zacharias lead everything to go downhill as Askr becomes short on a competent military leader unlike somebody. Way to screw everything up, Alfie boy. :P

Edited by Kaden

I'm not sure who's the better blue tome user in my roster.. I have literally reversed Blue tome mages. A scratcher and a nuclear bomber.

+SPD/-ATK B!Caeda & +ATK/-SPD Delthea.

Caeda is 25/40 and Delthea is 39/31.

If Delthea had any other bane this wouldn't even be a discussion, but that 3 point reduction is massive. So Delthea's tome and Attack + DB3 is 39+14+6 = 59. 59 Attack is ridiculous, she's basically an even squishier Lilina - the Speed. B!Caeda on the other hand is 25 + 12 = 37 which is pretty bad, but she's at 40 speed so she doubles everything.

If the both of them attack a Blue Cavalier with 35 speed and 20 res with 47 health.

B!Caeda does 17 damage x2. 47 - 34 = 13 HP.

Delthea does 39 damage. 47 - 39 = 8 HP

She's beating her in damage mostly even if she doubles. But if B!Caeda procs a skill she can match single strike damage and at 31 speed doubling is something Delthea will virtually never do. On top of that she's even squishier than B!Caeda and unlike her she lacks speed which means she's getting oneshot by archers and physical units and OHKO'ed by dagger units who will double her, unlike B!Caeda who could eat a hit and soften them up to finish on the next turn. I'm actually unsure what to do at this point.

How do I build a +ATK/-SPD Delthea?...

My struggle for a Blue Tome continues.... God. I need a Reinhardt.

Edited by Zeo

Do you think a quick-activating proc skill like Moonbow might help Delthea, if she's too slow to double most things? I don't think she should be ever getting attacked by anything physical, so if you're really worried about doubling you could put a -breaker on her?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you think a quick-activating proc skill like Moonbow might help Delthea, if she's too slow to double most things? I don't think she should be ever getting attacked by anything physical, so if you're really worried about doubling you could put a -breaker on her?

But that only covers one spectrum. B!Caeda can kill swords (Swordbreaker) Red tomes and occasionally blue lances and colorless if she procs a skill. Delthea can't one shot anything without a breaker, not even with Moonbow most likely.

Plus dealing with Colorless is a huge thing. B!Caeda can duel with them and survive, Linde can just run up and ORKO them. Delthea does neither at -SPD. If she was neutral or +SPD then I could pop Fury on her for 39/40 offense. or 39/42 which is terrifying. But even with that massive attack you just generally need to strike twice. At this rate she'll be a support unit.