Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@MrSmokestack the developers don't need to develop on Christmas to give us some content in December.

This stuff is already planned in advance if this month’s calendar is anything to go by. I don’t expect surprises and therefore cannot be disappointed by a lack of content. What we’re seeing now was already set in stone.

Also, the TT is tomorrow. Today is the day we get to be with our family while tomorrow will be business as usual.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@DefaultBeep congratulations! Perhaps I'll try for her as well, since I'm playing Awakening currently. 

Thanks! I have some bias toward her since Awakening was basically my first FE game, so I’m happy to finally have her for sure. Have you made it to Lucina in Awakening yet? Shame how Heroes kinda spoils everything about her...

Edited by DefaultBeep

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Mer Chris, I've been banned from leaving my room for the next few hours while everyone wraps presents.

So... has anyone had an eventful Christmas morning yet? If today is Christmas for you anyways.

Well a normal Christmas for me, I did get the St. Michael medal I asked for (I feel like I need some angelic protection lately), a Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker tea mug and a neat Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wilds Switch collectible lunchbox kit.  

As to Heroes content today I don't mind no big content today but I do agree that the content this month has been rather lacking.  At least I managed to pull C!Robin yesterday so I am happy with my pulls, now I am hoping that Kaze will be on the New Year's banner.

While playing Awakening, I misused my phone for this:

c8caqxcl.jpg

No pots where wasted, just spare stamina on developers maps with auto-pilot. @MrSmokestack @Arcanite  @Glennstavos  not yet full 12k, but they'll earn the rest in TTs. 

The lack of content made FEH feel like Tap Titans. 

Edited by mampfoid

35 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I do agree that the content this month has been rather lacking.

That's putting it mildly.  Just a whole lot of reruns and recycled content.  The past week or so I've done nothing but auto-battle the developer maps for HM, and tomorrow I can auto-battle a TT for two weeks and get a character I've already gotten twice before. 

A new GHB would be nice.  It's now been two months and a week since Arvis was released, with no acknowledgement of another character showing up anytime soon.  I don't expect to ever go back to the two-week schedule for obvious reasons, but this is ridiculous.    

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

c8caqxcl.jpg

No pots where wasted, just spare stamina on developers maps with auto-pilot. @MrSmokestack @Arcanite  @Glennstavos  not yet full 12k, but they'll earn the rest in TTs. 

Nice nice. I'm halfway on those guys. Well, except Zephiel. Like I said in that thread, my Zephiel is maxed, so I subbed Arden in his place once I noticed he could pick up kills for some small SP gains. Tonight if I have some spare time I'll start burning some stamina pots. If 5-6 stamina potions of auto battles are enough to claim 2000 feathers in HM rewards, that's a totally better use of them than trying to rank higher in TTs. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@DefaultBeep It's also my first FE, quite enjoyable so far. I like Lucina, but because of MM I don't need her in Heroes apart from tomorrows TTs. 

Nice, I'm glad to hear it! There are some things that I enjoy more about other FEs, but Awakening will always have a soft spot in my heart, and will likely remain the one that I replay the most.

My Masked Marth has maxed HM for a while now, so I was kinda hoping to get Lucina for Falchion healing as well. I sadly don't have any Faes, but I was able to use Alm as a Falchion healer without Renewal just fine in his Tempests, so I'll probably be able to make it work well enough.

Y'know, I wonder if maybe it would be okay if the Reprisal and Vengeance specials were buffed a bit? So, Reprisal being 40% of HP loss and Vengeance being 60% instead of 30% and 50% respectively. Vengeance's 50% is okay since that scales better than Reprisal's 30%, but not a lot of units have high HP pools and even for those that do, most of them do better with any other special.

Maybe even 50% for Reprisal and 70% for Vengeance might even be fine...

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Nice nice. I'm halfway on those guys. Well, except Zephiel. Like I said in that thread, my Zephiel is maxed, so I subbed Arden in his place once I noticed he could pick up kills for some small SP gains. Tonight if I have some spare time I'll start burning some stamina pots. If 5-6 stamina potions of auto battles are enough to claim 2000 feathers in HM rewards, that's a totally better use of them than trying to rank higher in TTs. 

TTs are better for grinding HM, 7 maps for 20 stamina instead of 1 map for 5 stamina. Of course weaker units will have trouble on lunatic/7, but Arden for example would be a good addition to the bonus armors. 

57 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nice, I'm glad to hear it! There are some things that I enjoy more about other FEs, but Awakening will always have a soft spot in my heart, and will likely remain the one that I replay the most.

My Masked Marth has maxed HM for a while now, so I was kinda hoping to get Lucina for Falchion healing as well. I sadly don't have any Faes, but I was able to use Alm as a Falchion healer without Renewal just fine in his Tempests, so I'll probably be able to make it work well enough.

Renewal 2 helps already a lot, since it will boost the healing on the start of each map to 20 HP. Check if you have a spare Boey, Jakob or Lissa. 

c8caqxcl.jpg

Whoa nice. I just started doing that same grind yesterday actually, except I use Sheena instead of Gwendolyn and she swaps places with Zephiel. Oh she also has Swap and Bonfire while 3 star Draug has Swap, Glowing Ember and Silver Sword

it still works and these guys have fallen out of use because of the better armors we are getting, hence the lack of SP for things like Draug's Bonfire. Still getting HM is great until the TT comes.

also very satisfying to hear Sheena's VA doing special quotes as she finishes the map using Bonfire against enemy Zephiel on a defense tile

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Whoa nice. I just started doing that same grind yesterday actually, except I use Sheena instead of Gwendolyn and she swaps places with Zephiel. Oh she also has Swap and Bonfire while 3 star Draug has Swap, Glowing Ember and Silver Sword

it still works and these guys have fallen out of use because of the better armors we are getting, hence the lack of SP for things like Draug's Bonfire. Still getting HM is great until the TT comes.

also very satisfying to hear Sheena's VA doing special quotes as she finishes the map using Bonfire against enemy Zephiel on a defense tile

My HM grid team members have all their vanilla kit equipped. 

Since I got a 5* Sheena, I'll put her into the armor TT team with Tharja, Lissa and Effie. I've never used the auto pilot in TTs until now, but I'll try it at least, since all these armors are not tempting me to play them manually (an armor march seal/unit would change that).  

c8caqxcl.jpg

HM grinding scum

Also don't worry, content is coming with TT. And hopefully we'll get something special tomorrow. At least I hope so anyway....

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

For the people!
I am no mere princess!
I will never give up!
You will fall!

Sheena sounds so good.

On 23/12/2017 at 4:02 AM, Arcanite said:

@Soul~! you underestimate the power of being able to hit someone really hard and flying away with hit and run while ignoring counter attacks, vantage, AND breakers

Firesweep is just too lit!

The way the discussion has evolved, it does seem to be the case... the way I see it, you're trading off some extra stats (new weapon upgrades/Killers/Slayers) and 70-80% safety (Desperation + Dancer + Reposition/Swap) for 100% garantee of not having to deal with any of those.

Weapon Refinery seems to be catching up, you know. +4 of any stat you want can add a whole other dimesion to characters (lololol Charlotte tanking magic?) Stuff like Slayer-types has the lower cooldown effect for garanteed specials, etc.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Renewal 2 helps already a lot, since it will boost the healing on the start of each map to 20 HP. Check if you have a spare Boey, Jakob or Lissa. 

I do not, sadly. Hopefully I'll get an excuse to pull for more greens and/or colorless soon.

26 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Weapon Refinery seems to be catching up, you know. +4 of any stat you want can add a whole other dimesion to characters (lololol Charlotte tanking magic?) Stuff like Slayer-types has the lower cooldown effect for garanteed specials, etc.

“Catching up” implies that slaying, breath, and effective weapons are behind. Which is a correct statement.

Not all bonuses are equal. Some extra stats as a bonus is not equal to cooldown count -1, for example, nor is cooldown count -1 equal to no counterattack. In a player-phase dominated meta, the ability to cut out a part of the most basic interaction between units—the attack-counterattack—is quite literally gamebreaking.

Firesweep weapons not having access to the forge is only a disadvantage if you consider SP cost; fully refined weapons cost 50 more SP than Firesweep, Brave, and -Blade. None of these weapons need a buff to make them better than they already are. They are still better than their “competition” in the post-refinery meta.

Thought this was funny, but apparently Japanese FEH players are also not super excited about how IS handled Christmas. Translated by a user on GameFAQs:

240るふれちゃんねる
クリスマスプレゼント…なし!w

- Christmas present... Nothing!

241るふれちゃんねる
な、何も・・・ないぞ・・・? 
どうなってるんだフェー!?

- N.. nothing?? Why? Why FEH!!

253るふれちゃんねる
これはベストゲーム

- This is best game. (He refers Google best game of 2017)

257るふれちゃんねる
知ってるか? 
今日ってクリスマスなんだぜ

- Are they aware? That today is Christmas.

275るふれちゃんねる
サプライズプレゼントどこ……ここ……?

- Surprise present where.... here....?

284るふれちゃんねる
もうストーリー第二部はプレイしましたか? 
何度目だよ

- Have you tried book II? How many f***ing times are they telling us.

334るふれちゃんねる
マジでゴミクソゲーだな 
FEの看板なかったら誰もやらないだろこれ

- garbage game for real. Nobody would've play this game if it wasn't for Fire emblem.

396るふれちゃんねる
もしかしたら海外の時間で朝になったらプレゼントがあるかもしれないという淡い希望

- Having hopeless hope perhaps we will get something when it's morning for other countries...

406るふれちゃんねる
一周年記念イベントはサービス終了カウントダウンな

- one year event will be service discontinuation countdown

454るふれちゃんねる
もういいよ 
サービス終了しろ

- I'm done with this game. End the service already.

2るふれちゃんねる
FEH以外にクリスマスになんにもないスマホゲーあるの?

- Is there any other smartphone game that doesn't give anything on Christmas besides FEH?