Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The other Elibe legendary weapons like Durandal, Armads and Mulagir also did effective damage against dragons in FE6, but that didn't carry over into heroes, and I honestly doubt they would make an exception for Forblaze

I see. I still hope we'll get an effective dragon refinement because dragons have gotten way too powerful as of late.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I was levelling some 4* units to level 40 (is something I usually do when there's nothing else to do and the remaining content to be cleared is still too difficult to me), and a question has retorned to my mind. Why is Mathilda, probably the unit that made our life much easier in Echoes, so underwhelming in Heroes? She can't even kill things with Weapon Triangle Advantage. It's being a real pain to level her up. And I haven't started with Seth yet, but I've heard that it's the same case :/

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you remember leveling up 4* Stahl? 

No, but because I think there I directly went the crystals route with him (and a few minutes ago with Mathilda too). But what I mean, Mathilda was (or at least I think) one of the best characters in her game. Seth too. I didn't use Stahl in my walkthrough in Awakening, so idk if he was good or just as bad as in Heroes xd

I do this in order to sooner or later have all non remarkable characters, gameplay wise, at 4*+10 or at least trained to level 40, but...some of them just like these ones didn't seem to be usefull even if I +10 them at 4* xD

Edited by Javi Blizz

29 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I was levelling some 4* units to level 40 (is something I usually do when there's nothing else to do and the remaining content to be cleared is still too difficult to me), and a question has retorned to my mind. Why is Mathilda, probably the unit that made our life much easier in Echoes, so underwhelming in Heroes? She can't even kill things with Weapon Triangle Advantage. It's being a real pain to level her up. And I haven't started with Seth yet, but I've heard that it's the same case :/

Mathilda, Seth, and Frederick (kinda) all fall into the group of being amazing in their home games to mediocre at best in Heroes. You know something is off when your claim to fame is merely powercreeping Stahl. 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Mathilda, Seth, and Frederick (kinda) all fall into the group of being amazing in their home games to mediocre at best in Heroes. You know something is off when your claim to fame is merely powercreeping Stahl. 

I see...I wanted to try to make a decent 5* Seth, but if he really is as bad as the others...I think I'll go the 4*+10 route. I've some 4* of him atm

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Frederick is pretty great if you play to his strengths. I'd say Titania is pretty mediocre and should be in that list, unless she has Distant Counter though

RIP Mathilda though. If only we can somehow transfer her critting potential in Heroes somehow. 

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Frederick is pretty great if you play to his strengths. I'd say Titania is pretty mediocre and should be in that list, unless she has Distant Counter though.

That’s why I said “kinda” for Freddy because while he’s not the juggernaut he was in Awakening, he can be very competent when built (as I saw with Ana’s builds). I totally blanked on Titania though. Had a feeling I was missing someone.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

That’s why I said “kinda” for Freddy because while he’s not the juggernaut he was in Awakening, he can be very competent when built (as I saw with Ana’s builds). I totally blanked on Titania though. Had a feeling I was missing someone.

It's kind of funny how Seth, Titania and Matihlda form the mediocre cavalier weapon triangle :(

Just now, mcsilas said:

It's kind of funny how Seth, Titania and Matihlda form the mediocre cavalier weapon triangle :(

xdddddddd

That was perfect! I could even try to make a team about it xd

Although I don't consider Titania to be as bad. Or at least, as bad as Mathilda. Maybe her Emerald Axe helps

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

xdddddddd

That was perfect! I could even try to make a team about it xd

Although I don't consider Titania to be as bad. Or at least, as bad as Mathilda. Maybe her Emerald Axe helps

Titania fares a lot better than Mathilda because of her colour. Green anti-mage cav is a more useful niche than blue anti-mage, since there's not a lot of red mages in the meta that are too rampant. Maybe Armored Tharja but you usually wouldn't see those if you're using cav teams.

But yes please make a team out of them, I'd love it if they get some love :D

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I do this in order to sooner or later have all non remarkable characters, gameplay wise, at 4*+10 or at least trained to level 40, but...some of them just like these ones didn't seem to be usefull even if I +10 them at 4* xD

Seth is a little better Stahl. I have Stahl at 4*+10 and with Axebreaker + Moonbow he kills all Axe units in AA at least. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Seth is a little better Stahl. I have Stahl at 4*+10 and with Axebreaker + Moonbow he kills all Axe units in AA at least. 

Does your Stahl has Ruby Sword or Ruby Sword+? I've been thinking about giving them (Seth, Mathilda and Titania) their corresponding colour's gem weapon+ (Titania has it since she's 5*) + breaker, but I'm not sure if it's worth the fodder and the feathers (it would be a low priority project)

37 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does your Stahl has Ruby Sword or Ruby Sword+? I've been thinking about giving them (Seth, Mathilda and Titania) their corresponding colour's gem weapon+ (Titania has it since she's 5*) + breaker, but I'm not sure if it's worth the fodder and the feathers (it would be a low priority project)

He has got the simple variant, I won't pass down any +weapon to 4* merged units with the newest development. Perhaps he'll get a prf weapon in the future and then I'll have to promote another one to 5*. 

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I see...I wanted to try to make a decent 5* Seth, but if he really is as bad as the others...I think I'll go the 4*+10 route. I've some 4* of him atm

I have a 5* Seth who is actually decent of course you have to build him, he just needs slaying edge + to be good since ruby sword is only really good against mages, I have not finished building mine yet but a new sword makes a big difference .  Frederick is also good if you build him, mine is great in AA and saved me in mid game, if you want good builds for talk to @Anacybele.

15 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Frederick is also good if you build him, mine is great in AA and saved me in mid game, if you want good builds for talk to @Anacybele.

Yep, and you can also look at my thread for him in the character analysis board. :3

I also plan to do one for Summer Freddy. Provided someone else doesn't beat me to him, that is.

45 minutes ago, Raven said:

Oh yeah - @Glaceon Mage, @Vaximillian, @Wen Yang, @Rezzy - I have friend invites sent out to you guys sitting idly for well over a week. Will you be accepting?

Sorry, I don't check that very often.  I'll take a look when I get the chance.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

He has got the simple variant, I won't pass down any +weapon to 4* merged units with the newest development. Perhaps he'll get a prf weapon in the future and then I'll have to promote another one to 5*. 

Well, if they can work with the simple variant of the weapon, that's fair. I usually pass the simple variant too (except if I really want to invest in that unit, such as my 4*+10 Beruka with Slaying Edge+ and double Close Defense), so that's easier and cheaper to do.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Oh yeah - @Glaceon Mage, @Vaximillian, @Wen Yang, @Rezzy - I have friend invites sent out to you guys sitting idly for well over a week. Will you be accepting?

That's you?  Okay, I'll accept it.

For future notice, when I say PM me if you add me, I really do mean it.  I leave requests idle or reject them until I know who it is, that goes for both FEH and FGO.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Seth, Mathilda and Titania had the bad luck of appearing pre-powercreep; they were destinated to be overshadowed. (at least the thing more similar to Seth stat-wise is still worse than him xD)... during the time they release them IS was trying to create appealing units from the other movement types (even if Cavalier buffs would make them automatically decent, their stat distributions and skills make them underwhelming).

Edited by Troykv

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

That's you?  Okay, I'll accept it.

For future notice, when I say PM me if you add me, I really do mean it.  I leave requests idle or reject them until I know who it is, that goes for both FEH and FGO.

I actually had no idea you'd like a PM or something, even though I've also requested the same thing in my own post in the FC thread. I added you from the first post of the friends list. Maybe @Elieson could add a "notes" column where people can add a requested custom note - e.g., "PM or @ if added"

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I actually had no idea you'd like a PM or something, even though I've also requested the same thing in my own post in the FC thread. I added you from the first post of the friends list. Maybe @Elieson could add a "notes" column where people can add a requested custom note - e.g., "PM or @ if added"

I put it in my sig, next to my FC.  It's even written twice, technically, once for FEH and once for FGO.

But yeah I mainly ask since my FL is kinda lengthy, especially in Heroes, so I want to be better able to keep track of who's added.