• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Has anyone tried SA 9 yet?  I did the T&N BHB but I have not tried the new SA yet and I was wondering how easy/hard it is?  I need to catch up on the monthly quests, but I want to tackle the new SA before this weekend.

6 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Has anyone tried SA 9 yet?  I did the T&N BHB but I have not tried the new SA yet and I was wondering how easy/hard it is?  I need to catch up on the monthly quests, but I want to tackle the new SA before this weekend.

I found it pretty easy, as usual.

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That Assault uses, in this order: 

Wind and Light (Book I 1-3, Merric and Linde map)
Callous Prince (Book I 2-3, Leo map)
Desert Dragons (Book I 3-3, Fae, Sophia and Raigh map)
Big Ambush (Book I 4-3, Cordelia map)
No Way Out (Book I 5-3, Barst and Jeorge map)

And as Othin said, it's not all that difficult.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I tend to say to your parries, fair enough, and I mean it. Just part of this game's revenue structure (although none would heavily lean on supporting average power unpopulars- barring that called "charity"), so to an extent, one must bear with this.

Arena Assault actually makes mediocre and niche units quite relevant and useful. Unless you are really lucky or a whale, it is very difficult for an average player to build seven Arena-quality teams that can handle any enemy team composition without adjusting allies, so the next best thing is to focus on mass producing cheap counters utilizing Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept-Breaker combo to counter any type of unit.

What Intelligent System can do to target minnows is create more demand for cheap mediocre/niche units and supplying them with the resources to do that.

To create demand, for example, they can update Tempest Trials to be more similar to Arena Assault, where it allows you to preview the enemy team before letting you decide whether you want to stick with your current team or change it up. They can still penalize players for losing a team competely to promote good strategy and play, but as long as they do not penalize players for switching allies/teams, it will help encourage players tackle higher difficulty levels knowing that they can rely on their entire Barracks for support.

As for creating the supply, it seems they are already doing that with Starter Support Packs.

They can also do something like a weekly half-price fodder Focus that excludes 5* units where players can use once, so the first summon costs 3 orbs, then 2, 2, 2, and finally 1. They can also sweeten the deal and make the first summon completely free as usual, so players are in essence using only 7 Orbs for an extra 4 random fodder per week. This helps cut down on free Orbs used in regular Foci and incentivizes players to pay for more Orbs to get popular 5* units.

The increase to HM is great for me. It means I can finally start doing some of these Lunatic CCs I've been putting off because Reinhardt and Xander were maxed.

Still dislike CCs, and I'll dislike them even more when I get to reinforcement ones, but I like that they are constant modes and I can do them whenever I like. I also still find using Reinhardt fun. I'm sort of getting excited for his alt now, and I'm hoping he'll be fun to use, though I know 2 Range brave attack will never really be beaten.

Edited by Cute Chao

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The increase to HM is great for me. It means I can finally start doing some of these Lunatic CCs I've been putting off because Reinhardt and Xander were maxed.

Still dislike CCs, and I'll dislike them even more when I get to reinforcement ones, but I like that they are constant modes and I can do them whenever I like. I also still find using Reinhardt fun. I'm sort of getting excited for his alt now, and I'm hoping he'll be fun to use, though I know 2 Range brave attack will never really be beaten.

You can get most of them done with Fjorm and Ike. Of course, a dancer and healer are a must. Just 3 CC short of completing all of them. 524 orbs right now : )

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You can get most of them done with Fjorm and Ike. Of course, a dancer and healer are a must. Just 3 CC short of completing all of them. 524 orbs right now : )

I'll give that a shot when I run short or if Reinhardt gets maxed :)

Currently running horse emblem of Rein, Xander, bunny Al and Priscilla. I've done very few, though, so still on the easy ones :)

All right, now I'm curious. Does anyone know enough about Celtic and Scandinavian folklore and languages to guess how Camus would be pronounced? Because apparently Camus is associated with France and Scandinavia.

Camus in folklore: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camus_(folklore).

Camus as a surname: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camus_(surname).

Yes, I know, it's Wikipedia. The one thing I know, vaguely, is that in old French, you do pronounce the last letter of a word in contrast to modern French where an "e" must be present for the "last" letter to be pronounced.

Y'know, I'm just gonna call Camus camel, camul, campus, camera, or something else stupid from now on. Also, apparently Lachesis is pronounced "luh-key-sis" which makes sense if you go back to her localized name in Awakening as Raquesis which at this point makes me wonder why her name didn't stay as Raquesis or wasn't spelled as Laquesis. Whatever, latchy leche Lachesis is now a lackey. :p

Edited by Kaden

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

All right, now I'm curious. Does anyone know enough about Celtic and Scandinavian folklore and languages to guess how Camus would be pronounced? Because apparently Camus is associated with France and Scandinavia.

The Japanese for Camus is カミュ (kamyu), which implies it is derived from the French name.

In French, the French name Camus is pronounced /kamy/, /a/ as in "ah" and /y/ as the sound represented by German "ü" and Mandarin Chinese pinyin "ü" made by shaping your lips to pronounce "oo" (as in "moo"), but attempting to say "ee" (as in "me") without changing the position of your lips.

In English, the French name Camus is pronounced /kæˈmuː/, /æ/ as in "cat", /u/ as in "moo", with the stress on the second syllable.

In Japanese, カミュ is pronounced /kamju/, /a/ as in "ah" and /mju/ as in "mew". The /y/ sound from French is standardly approximated as /ju/ due to the lack of a /y/ sound in the language.

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, apparently Lachesis is pronounced "luh-key-sis" which makes sense if you go back to her localized name in Awakening as Raquesis which at this point makes me wonder why her name didn't stay as Raquesis or wasn't spelled as Laquesis. Whatever, latchy leche Lachesis is now a lackey. :p

Because the name comes from Greek mythology.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon, no, I'm wondering how Camus, the name itself, would have been pronounced in Celtic or a Scandinavian language.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because the name comes from Greek mythology.

And now I'm wondering why Lachesis wasn't spelled as Lakhesis when the name was transliterated into English and whatever other languages way back then. When I see "ch" I think of a "chuh" sound rather than a "kuh" sound. Basically, if I saw Lakhesis, I don't think I would have thought the "khe" sound to be "chuh" like in Lachesis. I'd just wonder how the heck I would even pronounce Lakhesis. Whatever, words and names will be words and names.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, no, I'm wondering how Camus, the name itself, would have been pronounced in Celtic or a Scandinavian language.

I typically use Irish as my base for Celtic languages, and for words that don't contain h's and have vowels appearing only one at a time, pronunciation in Irish is pretty straightforward.

Scandinavian languages behave very similarly to German with the majority of their differences being in how combinations of vowels sound.

"Camus" would approximately rhyme with either "Samus" or "caboose" in those languages.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And now I'm wondering why Lachesis wasn't spelled as Lakhesis when the name was transliterated into English and whatever other languages way back then. When I see "ch" I think of a "chuh" sound rather than a "kuh" sound. Basically, if I saw Lakhesis, I don't think I would have thought the "khe" sound to be "chuh" like in Lachesis. I'd just wonder how the heck I would even pronounce Lakhesis. Whatever, words and names will be words and names.

The Greek letter chi is typically written as "ch" in most languages using Latin characters, I would assume as a holdover from Latin itself, especially considering that English does not typically modify the spelling of loan words from other languages using the Latin character set (see all of the bullshit we've imported from France without modifying their spelling, like "facade" and "rendezvous").

28 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Anyone know the skills of Saias and Finn yet? I haven’t seen them on Gamepress.

Spoiler

I know Saias has escape route and Spd ploy and glacies but I haven't heard anything about Finn

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

I know Saias has escape route and Spd ploy and glacies but I haven't heard anything about Finn

I believe Finn has a Brave Lance, Miracle, and Goad Cavalry. Not sure about his other passive.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I typically use Irish as my base for Celtic languages, and for words that don't contain h's and have vowels appearing only one at a time, pronunciation in Irish is pretty straightforward.

Scandinavian languages behave very similarly to German with the majority of their differences being in how combinations of vowels sound.

"Camus" would approximately rhyme with either "Samus" or "caboose" in those languages.

I want to see Camus in a caboose now. Camus's caboose being a diner would be even better. New seasonal unit chef Camus when? Flipping them burgers, serving us French fries, making some killer Salisbury steak, getting us addicted to rhubarb pie, and maybe rolling us some California spring rolls. :p

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Greek letter chi is typically written as "ch" in most languages using Latin characters, I would assume as a holdover from Latin itself, especially considering that English does not typically modify the spelling of loan words from other languages using the Latin character set (see all of the bullshit we've imported from France without modifying their spelling, like "facade" and "rendezvous").

Oh yeah, the Greek letter chi... Now I'm reminded of the χ-blade from Kingdom Hearts. Do not start with this series or Square Enix and its usage of random Latin words everywhere just because they can.

13 minutes ago, Poimagic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait, if Gunnthra dies in the story, then what about the Gunnthra that’s in my castle. Maybe they should’ve waited to do Gunnthra

Spoiler

We summoned people like Eldigan, Fjorm, Lyon, Sigurd, and witch Celica? who are dead, close to dead, or are going to die and we've just been able to summon alternate versions of Alfonse and Sharena, so our Gunnthra is probably an alternate Gunny who hasn't died yet. Or she comes back from the dead somehow and not through summoning another Goodthra. Actually, now that I think about it, Guddthra's bond with us and her being dead reminds me of spirits who haunt people or act as guardian spirits. And now that I think about it even more, Gunnthra refusing to pass into the afterlife and her possibly silent nature reminds me of Auron whose name is supposedly derived from Aurora, so Gunnthra is a female Auron. Does that make us Tidus? Will we fade away as dreams? Wait... who's Yuna then? Alfonse? :p

Edited by Kaden

About what Saias is carrying.

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Meanwhile, Saias has a blue version of Arvis’ tome (Called War God’s tome as I recall), Glacies, Escape Route, and Spd ploy

Likely because he flees eventually on the two maps where he shows up as an enemy.

But no reference to his 10 Authority Stars of Doom? 

Leif got S Drink, neat, but they couldn't refer to the Man of a Higher Authority?

About plot spoilers

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

We summoned people like Eldigan, Fjorm, Lyon, Sigurd, and witch Celica? who are dead, close to dead, or are going to die and we've just been able to summon alternate versions of Alfonse and Sharena, so our Gunnthra is probably an alternate Gunny who hasn't died yet. Or she comes back from the dead somehow and not through summoning another Goodthra. Actually, now that I think about it, Guddthra's bond with us and her being dead reminds me of spirits who haunt people or act as guardian spirits. And now that I think about it even more, Gunnthra refusing to pass into the afterlife and her possibly silent nature reminds me of Auron whose name is supposedly derived from Aurora, so Gunnthra is a female Auron. Does that make us Tidus? Will we fade away as dreams? Wait... who's Yuna then? Alfonse? :p

Actually, Gunnthra was Beckoned by Fjorm, and she refuses to reveal that to her, because once you do, a Beckoned goes away.

Fjorm herself is a Beckoned, her entire world is, and Surtr was killed by her long ago, but has somehow returned. Zenith and the world of the afterlife are becoming one.

@Interdimensional Observer

Spoiler

This is playable Saias. He doesn't have his 10 Stars when he's on our side.

Also, Gunnthrá dies? That's... actually kinda surprising.

On a matter that doesn't require spoiler tags, I'm really liking Roy's new refinery buff. It makes me wish I had Warding Breath and/or Distant Counter fodder for him.

And, random thought: I kinda want one of the Boost skills (where you get +6 to a stat during combat if your HP is at least 3 above your foe's) to become a Sacred Seal for the upcoming Tempest Trial+.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:
  Hide contents

Wait, if Gunnthra dies in the story, then what about the Gunnthra that’s in my castle. Maybe they should’ve waited to do Gunnthra

Spoiler

Possible alternate universe version via Yen'Fay.

well someone pointed out somewhere 

Spoiler

2/5 of her story expressions were used during the datamine scene so there's some hope she's fine or it was a trick from Loki to stall or trap them we'll find out eventually.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Just noticed that they patched up the Crusader’s Ward text. I guess it was part of the editing for “over 650” English skills thing. ... I also just remembered that Ephraim can get Flame Siegmund now. Looks like I’ve got some work to do.