Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Ice Dragon Sheepishly, I thought you were talking about the datamined new HoF which happened right around the time you posted. The advice is appreciated all the same though. 🙂

New units:

Thief Leila, Hatari Karla, Fallen Ninian and Legendary Lyn

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

New units:

Uweh. What do they have against putting Grail units in Hall of Forms.

As for the datamine,

Spoiler

Thief Leila has Windsweep 3, Watersweep 3, and Pain+ on her weapon without the drawbacks from the Sweep skills. Her Canto allows her to move to a space adjacent to an ally within 2 spaces (and only to those spaces). She has the Slaying effect on her weapon, but the Sweep effect means that she can only charge a 2-cooldown Special (and being a ranged flier, doesn't really have access to Special acceleration to use a higher-cooldown Special).

The Sweep effect means she can pass up on Remote Sparrow and run Flared Sparrow (which isn't in the skill pool yet) or Atk/Spd Catch 4 instead. She already has Canto on her weapon, and it isn't based on remaining movement, so she can viably run Wings of Mercy 4. Unfortunately, Disarm Trap 4 isn't yet in the skill pool, so she can't get it yet. Otherwise, she does still have access to S/D Far Trace 3 or can run Seal Spd 4 to make it easier to activate her Sweep effect. She already has Def/Res Smoke 3 by default, so there's no reason to grab that, and you should aim for Atk/Spd Oath 4 or Spd/Def Hold instead.

Desert Karla has the Slaying effect, 2 stacks of Quickened Pulse, and deals additional damage based on her Spd and the max cooldown of her Special when her Special activates. She can run a standard Ophelia build with Blazing Wind + Life and Death 4 + Special Spiral 3/4 + Time's Pulse 3/4. Alternatively, she can run a 3-cooldown Special + Special Spiral 3/4 + Atk/Spd Oath 4 with either Atk/Spd Finish 4 or Distant A/S Solo, though there aren't really any premium 3-cooldown Specials.

Fallen Ninian is an infantry dancer. Her Atk stat is garbage and not exactly salvageable, which is emphasized by the fact that her weapon doesn't even bother to give her Atk. Her weapon has an on-dance Atk/Res Ruse effect that inflicts -7 to each stat instead of -5. Her exclusive dance skill grants +6 Atk and +1 Special charge rate to the target and also grants +1 movement to the target it's a dragon. She has a very high HP stat and a workable Res stat, both of which are viable to use for start-of-turn debuffs.

Legendary Lyn has a weapon that grants +10 Atk/Spd, additional damage based on her Spd, and has Impenetrable Dark's effect. Her exclusive A skill grants +6 to all stats and has a Sweep effect if the opponent is melee and her Spd is at least 5 higher. She doesn't have the Slaying effect, which makes it difficult to run Deadeye, but she can run Ruptured Sky with Special acceleration in a passive skill slot. She ideally wants Atk/Spd Pledge, but that's not yet in the skill pool, so her best option is Time's Pulse 4. In the B slot, she can run Phys. Null Follow or Spd/Def Tempo 3 depending on which effect you prefer. Alternatively, she can drop her exclusive A skill to run something else, like Atk/Spd Finish 4 or Remote Sparrow, which opens up her other skill slots for things like Brash Assault 4 and Atk/Spd Oath 4 since she can now charge her Special with the opponent's counterattack.

And so another FEH book comes crashing towards its conclusion with all the subtlety of a meteor, where the solution is "deus ex machina" and the summoner is inexplicably special for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

(Yes, I know this isn't the story discussion thread.)

I feel like book 7 was the most pointless book so far, which is saying something when book 4 exists.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

And so another FEH book comes crashing towards its conclusion with all the subtlety of a meteor, where the solution is "deus ex machina" and the summoner is inexplicably special for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

(Yes, I know this isn't the story discussion thread.)

I feel like book 7 was the most pointless book so far, which is saying something when book 4 exists.

It's pretty evident at this point that Book VII's sole reason of existence was just to pump out more waifus.

This Book introduced a single male, and he stands a very high chance of not even getting the consolation prize of a New Year's alt. Njordr sure as hell isn't showing up on the November 8% banner at this point. With this latest story chapter, that banner is all but guaranteed to feature Gullveig and Kvasir.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

It's pretty evident at this point that Book VII's sole reason of existence was just to pump out more waifus.

This Book introduced a single male, and he stands a very high chance of not even getting the consolation prize of a New Year's alt. Njordr sure as hell isn't showing up on the November 8% banner at this point. With this latest story chapter, that banner is all but guaranteed to feature Gullveig and Kvasir.

I swear, these waifus get worse and worse. Book 7 has some real abyss-tier waifus. Also, I'm not gonna lie, the amount of pandering the game's story overall does towards the player is just super pathetic at this point. It's more amusing to pretend that the summoner is a figment of all the characters' shared delusions instead.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I swear, these waifus get worse and worse. Book 7 has some real abyss-tier waifus. Also, I'm not gonna lie, the amount of pandering the game's story overall does towards the player is just super pathetic at this point. It's more amusing to pretend that the summoner is a figment of all the characters' shared delusions instead.

Well Gullveig managed to win CYL despite being an absolute non character at the time (and honestly not a whole lot better now), so don't expect it to stop any time soon.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that. Book 7 feels pointless, the OCs are all really lame, the pandering to the avatar is insane, it's all just...ugh. I swear, if one of the winners of the next CYL is another situation where the character has only existed for a week, I'm gonna scream.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:35 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that. Book 7 feels pointless, the OCs are all really lame, the pandering to the avatar is insane, it's all just...ugh. I swear, if one of the winners of the next CYL is another situation where the character has only existed for a week, I'm gonna scream.

CYL voters presumably lean more towards being FEH players these days, and all the really super-popular characters from older games have already won. On the other hand, Engage-sweep seems fairly likely for CYL8, so you'll probably end up not having to scream. 😛

The next Resplendent Hero is Nifl Shigure:

chara_img_00069003000241_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069003000241_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069003000241_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069003000241_04.png

Which means we still haven't gotten a Nidavellir outfit this year.

Shigure is actually quite usable. With the Resplendent boost and max Dragonflowers, he has 39/43 offenses with an exclusive weapon that grants sizable +17/10 offenses. Additionally, he gets a free +6 Atk/Spd stat bonus and heals 10 HP when he uses a movement or Rally Assist or when one is used on him.

The 4-star lance flier with the highest offenses is currently Vanessa with 41/44+; however, she doesn't have an exclusive weapon and can only rely on inheritable weapons. A weapon with +5 to all stats and a Spd refine will match Shigure's Spd, but she'll be nowhere near his effective Atk.

The 4-star lance flier with the highest offenses and an exclusive weapon is Cynthia with 36/41 offenses and a weapon that grants +8 to all stats plus a Unity effect and double a Clash effect to all stats. At 2 spaces moved and with no Unity boost, Cynthia matches Shigure's Spd, but still falls 8 points short of his effective Atk. While Cynthia is probably the better unit overall due to all of her extra effects (including Wings of Mercy on her weapon), she costs Grails to merge and Trait Fruits to give a Spd Asset to, whereas Shigure does not.

Shigure looks great in this art. Will be nice to have this new look staring at me everytime I summon on blue now, since he really likes to stalk me. He does look younger here compared to his original art, but that's very normal with resplendent arts and it doesn't bother me.

I think Shigure still holds well, even as an Arena Support units since he is able to rally all stats at once and can work as a healer too. We do have better scoring units in the Lance Flier class though, like Shez and just released Arion (although this one will be only available to be +10 starting in November), and Shigure also needs Duel 4 to reach a better scoring status, but he is still a decent option.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which means we still haven't gotten a Nidavellir outfit this year.

And we're also getting dangerously close to going a full calendar year without any Valentia content (Harvest Duma & Mila were released on 10/06/22).

I get that Shigure has the same JP VA as M!Robin (CYL alt in August) and M!Morgan (Resplendent in August), but Clair is still right over there with the same JP VA as F!Alear (Legendary alt in August).

Looks a downgrade for me, I actually quite like the original version and while this version isn't terrible, no part of it is an upgrade. Nifl outfits are pretty rare, and perhaps this partly shows why, it's pretty hard to make it look great.

It has been about a year since I quit Heroes. I am glad the game still seems to be doing well.

How is the meta? As far as I can tell from watching New Heroes videos, things do not seem to be too different from when I quit. The biggest change I have noticed since is that Embla shits on Save tanks, which she was released right after I quit. Staff units can function as a nuke properly now with access to damage Specials. Diamant is pretty unique for bending the rules of the game itself with his Spd check, but he does not seem to be meta defining. There is also the new Divine Vein mechanic from the Turn of Fate Focus.

I thought flat damage reduction would be a lot more widespread and much more powerful, but that has not happened yet. Stacking percentage damage reduction still seems like the main way to go for tanks, with flat damage reduction supplementing it if the unit has access to it at all.

As far as new modes go, I wish I could have tried Seer's Snare. It looks really fun being able to equip more skills. In my opinion, that feature to equip more skills should be made game-wide, rather than just limiting it to a single mode. It makes building and customizing your unit far more interesting with so much more skill interactions to consider, especially if you are able to stack skills of the same effect. Imagine Edelgards with quintuple Galeforces!

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Imagine Edelgards with quintuple Galeforces!

Only A, B and C skills appear in Seer's Snare. And Prf skills can't appear as well. You can't get extra assists or specials.

So Edelgard can still only get 3 actions on her own, even in that game mode.

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Only A, B and C skills appear in Seer's Snare. And Prf skills can't appear as well. You can't get extra assists or specials.

So Edelgard can still only get 3 actions on her own, even in that game mode.

Oof! No exclusive skills suck. Does that mean no exclusive Weapons as well?

I understand not getting extra Assists or Specials though. I do not think it is possible to use more than one Assist with the current mobile interface, although I guess you can technically stack multiple Rallies together, but I do not think it is possible to stack multiple positioning Assists together without it being confusing. Stacking multiple Specials would be confusing too due to so many effects relying on Special cool down count, and having multiple counts would cause issues.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Oof! No exclusive skills suck. Does that mean no exclusive Weapons as well?

I understand not getting extra Assists or Specials though. I do not think it is possible to use more than one Assist with the current mobile interface, although I guess you can technically stack multiple Rallies together, but I do not think it is possible to stack multiple positioning Assists together without it being confusing. Stacking multiple Specials would be confusing too due to so many effects relying on Special cool down count, and having multiple counts would cause issues.

All units in Seer's Snare start with their Weapon, Assist and Specials right away. The only skills locked in the beginning are their A, B, C and Seal skills, that you can unlock later if you want too.

What I meant in my previous comment is that you can't buy new Prf skills to stack on your unit. But if you decide to use Legendary Veronica in Seer's Snare, you will have her Enclosing Dark tome and Enclosure special from the beginning. But like... if you decide to use Askr in this game mode, but you don't have his Opened Domain Prf C skill equipped, then Opened Domain will not appear in the shops for you to buy and give it to him. Or even buy multiple copies of the same skill. Legendary Claude will not be able to stack a Fallen Star with another Fallen Star.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

On 9/26/2023 at 2:08 AM, XRay said:

It makes building and customizing your unit far more interesting with so much more skill interactions to consider, especially if you are able to stack skills of the same effect.

Given that most skill effects appear on a weapon on some unit somewhere, you can generally already play with skill interactions like this, just not on every unit.

Even if you completely ignore power creep, adding more skill slots for each slot type is generally a bad idea. Having few skill slots and multiple viable skills in each slot forces players to trade one effect for another, which leads to more meaningful choices, more build diversity, and more instances of novel builds. Adding more slots means that units can have more of the effects that they want without needing to make sacrifices.

Seer's Snare actually avoids this pitfall due to two limitations it makes with how you can distribute skills. Excluding the skills already on the character, you can only get a maximum of one copy of each skill to distribute across the team, and the skills you receive are somewhat random (you can pick from a list of options, but the list is random). Because of this, there are still trade-offs to be made, namely that if you give a skill to one unit, you can't give that same skill to another unit on the team, and that if you pick one skill from the list of options, you need to pass up on the other options (or hope they are offered again later).

About future remix banners, considering the months Seiros, Legendary Claude, Dagr and Legendary Male Byleth were moved to... these 4 next appearance will be in Remix Banners. And for some of them, it will be their remixes. If Byleth move to remixes, Nótt will as well.

Also, if they don't reschedule anyone from future banners, we have a prediction of future remixes:

• November 2023: Dimitri & Plumeria
  • January 2024: Lilina & Female Corrin
  • February 2024: Triandra & Reginn
  • March 2024: Seiros & Dagr
  • May 2024: Sigurd & Male Byleth

The only ones I am not sure yet are Claude, Ashera and Nótt. 2 of them could be in July, and the remaining one in August.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I was just taking a look at what dragons haven't been on the Halloween banner yet and here is what I have come up with:

Heroes: Nifl, Muspell, Askr, Embla and Ymir

Shadow Dragon: Medeus, Gotoh, Bantu, Brzark, Xemcel, Khozen and Nagi

Binding Blade: Ein, Jahn, Fae and Idunn

Awakening: Nah and A!Tiki

Fates: M!Kana, F!Kana, Lilith, Garon and Anankos

Engage: M!Alear, F!Alear, Lumera, Veyle, Nel, Rafal, Zelestia/Zephia and Sombron

Radiant Dawn: Nasir and Gareth

Three Houses: Flayn and Seteth

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Tiki

Fire Emblem Warriors: Velezark

If I missed anyone let me know and I will add them to the list.

As to who I think is likely I think the Kanas and probably M!Alear are fairly likely.  I really feel like it will be all dragons again since we still have a bunch to go and that has been the theme for several years now.  I was just trying to get an idea of who has a shot and they aren't running out of dragons anytime soon. 

Edited by EricaofRenais

13 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Fates: M!Kana, F!Kana and Anankos

Missing Lilith and Garon.

13 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

If you are going to mention character that don't even have dragon transformations but are still dragons (considering the Engage list), I would add Gotoh from Shadow Dragon, and Flayn and Seteth from Three Houses. They would be a similar case of Xane, where they are dragons but don't transform.

Also... aren't Askr and Embla called Divine Dragons in FEH, even though they are not dragon units? Ash called Askr a Divine Dragon in Chapter 1-5 of Book 6.

I honestly wouldn't mind they start doing some beast units in Halloween as well, considering we have wolfskins and bats as beast units. 

15 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I was just taking a look at what dragons haven't been on the Halloween banner yet and here is what I have come up with:

Heroes: Nifl, Muspell, Askr, Embla and Ymir

Shadow Dragon: Medeus, Gotoh, Bantu and Nagi

Binding Blade: Jahn, Fae and Idunn

Awakening: Nah and A!Tiki

Fates: M!Kana, F!Kana, Lilith, Garon and Anankos

Engage: M!Alear, F!Alear, Lumera, Veyle, Nel, Rafal, Zelestia/Zephia and Sombron

Radiant Dawn: Nasir and Gareth

Three Houses: Flayn and Seteth

As to who I think is likely I think the Kanas and probably M!Alear are fairly likely.  I really feel like it will be all dragons again since we still have a bunch to go and that has been the theme for several years now.  I was just trying to get an idea of who has a shot and they aren't running out of dragons anytime soon. 

What! How could you make a list of dragons without everyone's fan favourite dragon Brzark. Everyone loves Brzark, right? And Xemcel and Morzas and Khozen. And TMS Tiki? And whatever the name of that one dragon in Warriors was.

I actually made a dedicated thread for this last year if you want to check out what people were saying back then.

From what I remember saying there, I feel the Kana's have a real chance. It's kind of weird they haven't got any alts (other than, well, each other).

Since no one asked, this is my guess for Dragoween 2023:

Veyle & Fae [Harmonized]
Idunn
M!Alear
Lilith [4* Focus]
Nasir [TT]

Originally, I had F!Alear & Idunn as the Harmonized Hero but then Legendary F!Alear happened. I really doubt that F!Alear shows up here now, but there is precedent to a really quick turnaround for alts (namely, Young Azura in Nov 2018 into Legendary Azura in Dec 2018).

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

From what I remember saying there, I feel the Kana's have a real chance. It's kind of weird they haven't got any alts (other than, well, each other).

Honestly, it's not that surprising to me. As a whole, the kids from Fates are nowhere near as popular as the Awakening kids and the Kanas aren't an exception to that.

For CYL7, you have to go all the down to 218th to find F!Kana. F!Morgan, meanwhile, is at 101st.