Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So? I don't recall seeing Ursula or Narcian in the main story anywhere. They don't have to have been seen in the game already.

Actually they were in the story. You probably just killed them without realizing LOL. If they do put anyone else, I want Seth.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Arcanite said:

Actually they were in the story. You probably just killed them without realizing LOL. If they do put anyone else, I want Seth.

Still, if we don't get more main story added soon, they'll have done Hero Battles for all of those main story bosses and whatnot. They would then have to go to characters who weren't there anyway. I just think it's a good idea to start on that a bit early and maybe save Ursula or Xander for next time. Not everyone wants only Elibe characters.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? I don't recall seeing Ursula or Narcian in the main story anywhere. They don't have to have been seen in the game already.

They were in Ch 9. You may be right but while they don't say the contrary, we're to expect the villains in the story. Unless they pull Masked Man and Veronica which I think is too early to do so.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still, if we don't get more main story added soon, they'll have done Hero Battles for all of those main story bosses and whatnot. They would then have to go to characters who weren't there anyway. I just think it's a good idea to start on that a bit early and maybe save Ursula or Xander for next time. Not everyone wants only Elibe characters.

considering the current amount of playable characters from blazing sword is a grand total of 8, I think it's fair to be releasing ursula now

7 minutes ago, unique said:

considering the current amount of playable characters from blazing sword is a grand total of 8, I think it's fair to be releasing ursula now

The grand total of Sacred Stones and Tellius characters combined is 3. :/

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Where the Frick is joshua, where the Frick is Franz, where the Frick is gilliam, and where the Frick is Seth? They need to hurry up before I leave for skill inheritance 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Where the Frick is joshua, where the Frick is Franz, where the Frick is gilliam, and where the Frick is Seth? They need to hurry up before I leave for skill inheritance 

More like where the hell is Ike, Elincia, Ranulf, etc... Ike and Micaiah are the only top ten poll characters not in the game yet. This is messed up. And I don't even like Micaiah at all.

Oh now we got a date for the skill system! And thanks to the ones that answered my question last time btw.

It looks that my Lon'qu is going to be sacrificed for the good lol... But I need to think which skill to gave Leo and Oboro, I want to hear Oboro's attack phrases, so... Mmmm

Past game characters who appear in the Heroes main story but cannot be obtained through regular summons:

• Narcian
  • Female Robin
  • Ursula
  • Navarre
  • Camus
  • Michalis
  • Zephiel
  • Xander

So there's a decent supply of them. If they keep releasing one every two weeks or so, they'll be able to keep this up for a while.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Past game characters who appear in the Heroes main story but cannot be obtained through regular summons:

• Narcian
  • Female Robin
  • Ursula
  • Navarre
  • Camus
  • Michalis
  • Zephiel
  • Xander

So there's a decent supply of them. If they keep releasing one every two weeks or so, they'll be able to keep this up for a while.

Are those in any particular order?  It looks like the first 3 are in order of appearance for Grand Hero Battles.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are those in any particular order?  It looks like the first 3 are in order of appearance for Grand Hero Battles.

The order is just "first the ones so far and then the others in my guess for a possible order of appearance". I don't have any additional information; it's just based on stuff like "Xander is probably last because of being a recurring enemy in the story and Zephiel is also probably pretty late because he's sort of a final boss".

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

The order is just "first the ones so far and then the others in my guess for a possible order of appearance". I don't have any additional information; it's just based on stuff like "Xander is probably last because of being a recurring enemy in the story and Zephiel is also probably pretty late because he's sort of a final boss".

Fair enough.  Too bad all the Grand Heroes so far have been pretty mediocre.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Indeed, it seems to me to be +Spd/-Res

EDIT: Sry, for double post. Accidentally clicked twice or something?

Thanks!  Looks like Robin will be my first 5* promotion.

Blazing Sword and Binding Blade have story chapters already.  Sacred Stones does not.  Seems like all the grand battles are characters from the games with story levels so far.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

More like where the hell is Ike, Elincia, Ranulf, etc... Ike and Micaiah are the only top ten poll characters not in the game yet. This is messed up. And I don't even like Micaiah at all.

I know right?  I have 200 orbs with Ike's name on them...

I'm REALLY curious to know what VAs the Tellius characters will get. I could see Bryce Papenbrook as Oscar, perhaps. I also want to say Kaiji Tang could do Kieran, but Odin's pretty similar in personality, so it may be too redundant to cast him as Kieran.

Also, I hope someone brings up the awkwardness of how the word "beorc" being a thing or the concept of "human" being an insult doesn't seem to exist in other worlds. :P

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The Tellius and Magvel characters are probably being saved for a larger update. Similar case with the Jugdral characters.

You can't expect another 50 characters' worth of art and voice acting to just appear instantly and be ready for release.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Tellius and Magvel characters are probably being saved for a larger update. Similar case with the Jugdral characters.

You can't expect another 50 characters' worth of art and voice acting to just appear instantly and be ready for release.

I, for one, am glad they're taking their time with this because it means they care more about quality than just getting stuff out there (well, also because from a marketing perspective it makes sense to save hype for later, but I'm trying to not be cynical). As they say, a rushed product will be bad forever, but a delayed product is eventually good. If the Magvel characters can all have art at or near the quality of Eirika/Ephraim, I'm fine waiting a bit for their release. Same with Tellius (never played FE4 or FE5 so can't say much for Jugdral). 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Did everybody also forget Navarre?

Othin mentioned Navarre earlier when listing off potential Grand Hero Battle candidates. Navarre was the first one mentioned after the ones already released and Ursula, actually. 

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

I'm REALLY curious to know what VAs the Tellius characters will get. I could see Bryce Papenbrook as Oscar, perhaps. I also want to say Kaiji Tang could do Kieran, but Odin's pretty similar in personality, so it may be too redundant to cast him as Kieran.

Also, I hope someone brings up the awkwardness of how the word "beorc" being a thing or the concept of "human" being an insult doesn't seem to exist in other worlds. :P

Funny thing, I could totally picture Odin's voice on Kieran, with him yelling about Oscar being a knave and a fiend and fighting giant scorpions and whatnot. But yeah, they'd have to cast a different one or it would just seem kinda lazy.

Technically speaking, the beorc characters refer to each other as "human" all the time. They don't see it as in insult; only anti-beorc laguz use it that way.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Just a thought I have, and is the impossibility of them including the herons. At least I don't know how would they add them.

As a combination of a staff user and a dancer, without the heals from the former. They could sing galdr to debuff and harm enemies, and give allies extra turns.

22 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

As a combination of a staff user and a dancer, without the heals from the former. They could sing galdr to debuff and harm enemies, and give allies extra turns.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. It'd certainly be interesting to have some characters that could potentially heal, debuff, and give extra turns. It wouldn't be so far-fetched for them to have passive skills that remove negative status effects or heal adjacent allies. But I think it'd be hilarious if they could punch enemies in the face... I just want a chibi Reyson trying (and probably failing) to wreck characters twice his size.