• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Artemis's voice fits her personality to a T, though.

It definitely does, but I still hate it.  Also, I want more Milla Maxwell from her and less Mordred/Kanbaru (why must Rama sound almost exactly like Mordred).

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ragnarok activates at 100%, and deals fixed damage to the user. The only situation where =HP or +HP would have more damage to recover (other defensive stats equal) than -HP to reactivate Ragnarok is if the -HP Celica were dead.

I was going to say “but counter damage” before I realized.

55 minutes ago, Logos said:

39-4= 35 she gets that awful 4 decrease, and after Life and Death she'll be left with 17 Defense meaning anything she can't kill in one hit, and can DC with 52 Atk or more will kill her. If she was normal HP she would have at least 56 bulk physical bulk so it would be harder for Red DCers like Ryoma and Ike to kill her on the counterattack. Plus it's not that hard to match up just 4 more HP, she still only has 39 HP so anything with a Flachion and Renewal can patch that up most of the time, and her HP is also fairly good so a HP trade from her is easy to recover from. 

Also mine is +Def -Atk, so that boon isn't even helping her Speed, which is garbage. Plus she really needs Atk otherwise after L&D3 she only reaches 53 Atk at full HP making her pretty mediocre compared to my other mages.

Still more bulky than my Nino smh

It’s hard to stand out when your competition uses Blade tomes

At least I got Genny, but did you end up getting Deirdre?

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Still more bulky than my Nino smh

It’s hard to stand out when your competition uses Blade tomes

I have two orbs atm. I feel helpless. 

Come to me my sweet.

:Diadora: 

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Technically, you do have a small window where Ragnarok damage will leave you with 1 HP where it's possible to not die.

So, should I sacrifice Fjorm to give Laslow Atk/Def Bond? I only have the free one. I put my blessing on Bridal Caeda (a mistake on my part since I'm never gonna have them on the same team) so it probably won't help much. Even though I like her design, I probably won't even use her except for AA runs. She's coming back later too right?

Was leveling up Matthew a bit to give Rogue Dagger+ to Felicia, when I realized that Rogue Dagger and other buffing weapons don't maintain their buff through the player phase if you counter an enemy. Never really used any of those weapons before so I never noticed that. Smoke Dagger+ is the way to go, it seems.

15 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So, should I sacrifice Fjorm to give Laslow Atk/Def Bond? I only have the free one. I put my blessing on Bridal Caeda (a mistake on my part since I'm never gonna have them on the same team) so it probably won't help much. Even though I like her design, I probably won't even use her except for AA runs. She's coming back later too right?

I don't know the hard numbers on it, but Atk/Def Bond doesn't seem like it's worth killing Fjorm off for.  The Owl effect in general seems like it requires "wasting" another unit's turn to stand there just to get the effect.  Sometimes, it happens on its own nicely, but in my opinion, there are better options which are easier to come by.  Death Blow for instance will give more attack on player phase, assuming you're running Brave Sword on Laslow.

I have a hunch Fjorm might be getting more Quests in the future, so I'd hold on to yours.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

Was leveling up Matthew a bit to give Rogue Dagger+ to Felicia, when I realized that Rogue Dagger and other buffing weapons don't maintain their buff through the player phase if you counter an enemy. Never really used any of those weapons before so I never noticed that. Smoke Dagger+ is the way to go, it seems.

Buffs always refresh at the start of the unit's turn, regardless of when they get applied.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just pulled after getting 9 orbs, and I didn't get a single green on there. I pulled two reds and got a 3 star Laslow and 3 star Sophia. .-.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know the hard numbers on it, but Atk/Def Bond doesn't seem like it's worth killing Fjorm off for.  The Owl effect in general seems like it requires "wasting" another unit's turn to stand there just to get the effect.  Sometimes, it happens on its own nicely, but in my opinion, there are better options which are easier to come by.  Death Blow for instance will give more attack on player phase, assuming you're running Brave Sword on Laslow.

I have a hunch Fjorm might be getting more Quests in the future, so I'd hold on to yours.

It's +5 to Atk/Def.

He's running Wo Dao and QR for a mostly Enemy phase build. If he's going to do some EP action, then positioning someone next to him should be fairly easy.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fjorm's Spd is rather middling, which makes her more likely to be double attacked. Her Def isn't spectacular, which means you need to be making use of Atk/Def Bond to take hits from physical opponents. Her Atk isn't spectacular, which means you need to be making use of Atk/Def Bond and Ice Mirror to deal damage. Running Shield Pulse locks you out of Quick Riposte.

Sorry, didn't realize that breaker skills don't require both  units being able to attack each other.. I'll edit my previous post

I have finally come to terms with the fact that Katarina will never arrive. But it's not all bad; after all, when life gives you lemons...

Spoiler

XLtufcH.png

Make Lilina -blade!
Apologies for the terrible "joke", but I've been waiting to use it for weeks.

This has been a fun and kinda dumb project for the past few months or so. I wasn't even going to bother with it unless I got her with +Spd/-Def... and then somehow, I managed to get exactly that, for my second Lilina ever. I took that as a sign to do this for real. She also has Moonbow, but I've been testing Glimmer out to see how it compares. I'll probably promote a third Lilina to make her +2 if I ever get one, just so she can hit 38-40 Spd and 27-29 Res. But until then, I'm now free to spend my feathers on other characters again!

@Arcanite I said that I would let you know once I finished her, so here ya go. Does she pass your quality test?

Holy shit Soleil's voice lines (JP) are adorable. Can I squeeze her?

Her idle art is growing on me. It's probably that dopey grin on her face. Her other art is still meh.

「父さん、ここでも振られてたらどうしよう?」

「ふぁあー。暑いから着替えようと。っえ?ここじゃだめなの?」

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, somehow new Heroes but no new maps and no missions?

Because the maps they were introduced on were already added with the 2.0 update.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]

Because the maps they were introduced on were already added with the 2.0 update.

Yeah, makes sense. Without story orbs I was 99% sure that my 4 orbs woudn't suffice to get a new unit. But somehow I got Siegbert with my second pull. Won't complain anymore. 

/Edit: He is even +ATK -RES. Some of my best invested 4 orbs ever (Getting +SPD Elincia on my second pull has been slightly better). 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid Oh wow, congrats on that Siegbert.

Speaking of, I was just browsing Tumblr and found this:

tumblr_p0fenmG0kK1u1yodvo1_1280.png

This person had him on a free summon and an accidental click. That's pretty funny (imagine if all 5 of those were Siegberts LOL)

Also, it's a good thing there's still the EXP/SP bonus and TT right now, I can power level my new Shiro and Ephraim and prepare them for the new arena season tomorrow! 

Also, I LOVE Kaiji Tang, Shiro is so fun to hear! Oh and Ephraim's normal voice is not what I expected to hear after hearing his special quotes- that's a bit of a contrast to what I expected. Even then I always thought Ephraim would have a deeper voice, but Greg Chun is still a great VA either way.

Well, kids are out. I can imagine the next Tempest will have the 4 of them as 40% bonus units with Xander, Ryoma, Laslow and a variable 4th as 20% units.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Oh wow, congrats on that Siegbert.

Speaking of, I was just browsing Tumblr and found this:

[...]

This person had him on a free summon and an accidental click. That's pretty funny (imagine if all 5 of those were Siegberts LOL)

Also, it's a good thing there's still the EXP/SP bonus and TT right now, I can power level my new Shiro and Ephraim and prepare them for the new arena season tomorrow! 

Also, I LOVE Kaiji Tang, Shiro is so fun to hear! Oh and Ephraim's normal voice is not what I expected to hear after hearing his special quotes- that's a bit of a contrast to what I expected. Even then I always thought Ephraim would have a deeper voice, but Greg Chun is still a great VA either way.

Thanks, one is enough for sure. :-) 

Will Ephraim be one of the bonus units? That would be cool, since he is one of my pity breakers with a +2 merge. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Thanks, one is enough for sure. :-) 

Will Ephraim be one of the bonus units? That would be cool, since he is one of my pity breakers with a +2 merge. 

Yeah, Ephraim, Fjorm, the new Fates kids, Michalis, Olivia, Donnel, Sharena and Ayra.

That's a lot of lance units lol.

Actually suddenly I now have a lot of infantry lances. Shiro, Ephraim, Fjorm and Sharena as 5 stars, and Lukas I'm planning to promote, Donnel and Oboro. I think I'm only missing Nephenee?

But yeah i just really can't believe the ironic luck of pulling Shiro and then Ephraim and then having both of them as bonus units tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah, Ephraim, Fjorm, the new Fates kids, Michalis, Olivia, Donnel, Sharena and Ayra.

Sharena is a bonus and that’s all that matters. Come to me, my shiny feathers!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

That's a lot of lance units lol.

Actually suddenly I now have a lot of infantry lances. Shiro, Ephraim, Fjorm and Sharena as 5 stars, and Lukas I'm planning to promote, Donnel and Oboro. I think I'm only missing Nephenee?

But yeah i just really can't believe the ironic luck of pulling Shiro and then Ephraim and then having both of them as bonus units tomorrow.

Haha, that's a strange coincidence indeed! 

I guess I'll be running Ephraim or Fjorm then, but Michalis is also tempting, since Cherche and Cordelia are part of my arena core team. 

Did you get also Charlotte and Robin? I didn't get them and I still miss Nephenee and Shiro of the infantry lances. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, that's a strange coincidence indeed! 

I guess I'll be running Ephraim or Fjorm then, but Michalis is also tempting, since Cherche and Cordelia are part of my arena core team. 

Did you get also Charlotte and Robin? I didn't get them and I still miss Nephenee and Shiro of the infantry lances. 

No, I don't have the seasonal lancers.

It's a shame, I could really use Robin's Lance Valour right about now!

Ironically my first ever seasonal was Ms. Axe Valour herself Summer Tiki. (Summer Frederick for my main account, which is who I wanted! Sealing all stats is so fun)

@Vaximillian Unleash the Steady Breath Sharena! Show the Fjorm users who's the real lancer! Distant Counter? Pah!

...I might use Sharena early on anyway since I doubt I have enough time to build the other lancers quick enough.

@Zeo For once I actually want a TT of the kids, since I actually pulled them this time! Also I can't wait to use Shiro and abuse bonus stats!

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo For once I actually want a TT of the kids, since I actually pulled them this time! Also I can't wait to use Shiro and abuse bonus stats!

I'm not sure how things'll go with them for the tempest for me. The most interesting unit for me might be Soleil, but Shiro would be fantastic as he's basically power-creeped Lukas. And I really enjoy using Lukas.