Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Sorry, I can't think of what EOU is. But yeah, I don't think any tutorial should ever be forced. I think you should have the option to play them or not from the beginning. I enjoyed the little story and Lyndis' Legion, though. They remain some of my favourite characters :D 

EO = Etrian Odyssey. It's my favorite game series.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Sunwoo said:

EO = Etrian Odyssey. It's my favorite game series.

Ahhhh, yes, I have played that :D 

I don't remember the tutorial, oddly, even though I've played it recently. I started trying the series out after playing Persona Q :D I wanted more like it ^.^ 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ahhhh, yes, I have played that :D 

I don't remember the tutorial, oddly, even though I've played it recently. I started trying the series out after playing Persona Q :D I wanted more like it ^.^ 

Well, I think the story mode of the remakes of the first two games (the Untold games) are the ones that have story mode related tutorial dialogues. Things that previous games just sort of told you about quickly, EOU has all the characters react to it in dialogue. It gets long.

But either way, here's wondering what's going to get added in 2018. Maybe stuff for FE Switch? I would've liked it a lot more if Fjorm, Gunnthra, Surtr, and the new OCs were all Switch characters who were debuting in Heroes. Fjorm has a lot of Askr-esque design to her, though, so I doubt this is the case.

57 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Warriors PR was just freaking awful, and I basically stopped lost interest after they said they were only going to focus on Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon ... and then they proceeded to contradict things they've said repeatedly.

"Focus" doesn't imply exclusivity.

I'm personally glad they added Lyn in at the least because I have very little emotional attachment to the characters of Awakening and Fates outside of Heroes, having barely played Awakening and not touched Fates at all.

55 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I do enjoy that game, though the ratio of male to female units is sad for me :(

It's so annoying whenever there is a map with the male only restriction. If it wasn't bad enough that it shrinks your unit pool to something like a third of its normal size, THERE ARE NO MALE LANCE USERS.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hey... does anyone else have Green numbers on their units?

I was looking through my units, and for some reason my HNY!Camilla has a green 38 in Speed...

It's a bug and no one really knows why it happens. Regular Tharja [+HP] has it on her HP stat, too.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fjorm has a lot of Askr-esque design to her, though, so I doubt this is the case.

All of them do.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Well, I think the story mode of the remakes of the first two games (the Untold games) are the ones that have story mode related tutorial dialogues. Things that previous games just sort of told you about quickly, EOU has all the characters react to it in dialogue. It gets long.

But either way, here's wondering what's going to get added in 2018. Maybe stuff for FE Switch? I would've liked it a lot more if Fjorm, Gunnthra, Surtr, and the new OCs were all Switch characters who were debuting in Heroes. Fjorm has a lot of Askr-esque design to her, though, so I doubt this is the case.

Yup, I went for the remakes because I wanted a story with the game, so maybe that's why it didn't feel so intrusive to me, because that's what I wanted? :) 

I really hope that isn't the case, honestly. I'd loathe any more Loki-like characters (although I bet there will be some) and Surtr is just such a generic hulking villain. I like this game having its own characters. I'm looking forward to FE Switch :D 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

you say that, but my Winter Tharja, who is +HP if it matters, doesn't have green HP...

Regular Tharja. Not to be confused with normal girl Tharja.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All of them do.

Yeah, I figured as much. I don't have Gunnthra and didn't want to open up a chapter just to look up the others, so I didn't want to say all of them for sure. Proves my point more, though, that they appear to be just for Heroes.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, I went for the remakes because I wanted a story with the game, so maybe that's why it didn't feel so intrusive to me, because that's what I wanted? :) 

I really hope that isn't the case, honestly. I'd loathe any more Loki-like characters (although I bet there will be some) and Surtr is just such a generic hulking villain. I like this game having its own characters. I'm looking forward to FE Switch :D 

I picked up EO partly because I do like the idea of creating a team of characters and classes of your choosing and being able to beat the game with most teams. I don't dislike story mode, I just dislike tutorials.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the OCs -- I just wish there was a better reason for there being so many of them.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Focus" doesn't imply exclusivity.

I'm personally glad they added Lyn in at the least because I have very little emotional attachment to the characters of Awakening and Fates outside of Heroes, having barely played Awakening and not touched Fates at all.

It's so annoying whenever there is a map with the male only restriction. If it wasn't bad enough that it shrinks your unit pool to something like a third of its normal size, THERE ARE NO MALE LANCE USERS.

To me, with both Navarre and Owain in the game, it felt like they shouldn't have been the dlc but the units added. Other games should have been the dlc... especially with SD getting the short end of the stick all over (not that I expected otherwise). 

The balance did suck in the game, all over, honestly. I hope if they do a second one, they actually do balance it. For a game with a weapons triangle, the majority of your units shouldn't just be one attacking type :/ 

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I figured as much. I don't have Gunnthra and didn't want to open up a chapter just to look up the others, so I didn't want to say all of them for sure. Proves my point more, though, that they appear to be just for Heroes.

I picked up EO partly because I do like the idea of creating a team of characters and classes of your choosing and being able to beat the game with most teams. I don't dislike story mode, I just dislike tutorials.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the OCs -- I just wish there was a better reason for there being so many of them.

I don't mind them being in the game. It's optional whether you pull for them or not and it moves the story along. I wouldn't want them shoehorned into the new game - I'd rather see new designs and more interesting characters.  So far, none of the ocs in Heores have been very interesting to me. Lav's design is pretty nice, but it reminds me a lot of Severa, and I do quite like Gunnthra's whole not caring about the battle and just reading, but apart from that... Eh, I'd like to see something different :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe they finally fixed it.

Well Camilla is still Green Speed, but it doesn't seem to be impacting anything so... whatever.

I still feel off about it though... green numbers in a FE game usually means the stat has been maxed out and can't be increased further through level ups...

Darn it all. Just worked out the stats. Both my Nephenee and Kimono Takumi are +Hp -Spd. 

WHY RNG, WHHHHHY?!

Not that I'm not happy to get them. But urgh, yet more 5*'s that have crappy banes. I think a good majority of my 5*'s have crappy banes... and it's usually the ones I most like. Nephenee isn't really a fave, but I was hopeful for Takumi.

Still gonna use him. Just annoyed lol

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

To me, with both Navarre and Owain in the game, it felt like they shouldn't have been the dlc but the units added. 

My gut feeling is that they didn't have the resources to finish their move sets in time, which is overall the one thing in Warriors that I think is missing the most polish, noting that the NPC characters all borrow attacks from generics or other characters (like Owain having Ryoma's Strong 3 or NPC cavaliers and paladins having Xander's purple effects for some of their attacks).

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The balance did suck in the game, all over, honestly. I hope if they do a second one, they actually do balance it. For a game with a weapons triangle, the majority of your units shouldn't just be one attacking type :/ 

I think "variety" is the word you're looking for, not "balance". Honestly, it's somewhat to be expected because such a huge portion of the main character pool of Fire Emblem uses swords for a main weapon.

I think the main variety issue is simply the small pool of character classes in the game since it's basically just

Both male and female representation:

• Infantry sword
  • Infantry bow
  • Infantry tome (by virtue of Robin counting as both male and female regardless of which one you're using)
  • Cavalry tome

Only female playable characters:

• Infantry lance (DLC only)
  • Infantry axe
  • Infantry dragonstone
  • Pegasus lance
  • Dragon axe

Only male playable characters:

• Cavalry sword
  • Cavalry axe

Enemy only:

• Armor lance

and the known upcoming DLC doesn't change those categories.

And unless I'm forgetting something, there are no male staff users either (unless Leo can equip a staff, but I haven't tried).

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My +HP Tharja still has it, so who even knows. It’s still an odd quirk though.

Yeah, who knows. Insects are weird.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Darn it all. Just worked out the stats. Both my Nephenee and Kimono Takumi are +Hp -Spd. 

WHY RNG, WHHHHHY?!

38% chance of -Atk or -Spd is serious business.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My gut feeling is that they didn't have the resources to finish their move sets in time, which is overall the one thing in Warriors that I think is missing the most polish, noting that the NPC characters all borrow attacks from generics or other characters (like Owain having Ryoma's Strong 3 or NPC cavaliers and paladins having Xander's purple effects for some of their attacks).

I think "variety" is the word you're looking for, not "balance". Honestly, it's somewhat to be expected because such a huge portion of the main character pool of Fire Emblem uses swords for a main weapon.

*Snip*

And unless I'm forgetting something, there are no male staff users either (unless Leo can equip a staff, but I haven't tried).

38% chance of -Atk or -Spd is serious business.

Ah, that would make sense. 

And I don't know. I kinda meant balance, since I still feel there were far too many swords compared to every other weapon when the enemies seemed to have lots of different types. I don't think their choice of characters helped with this, but oh well. I get why they did what they did for most of it, but still disagree with their adding in two female sword users from other games when they could have focussed on adding in different weapons, even if they had to make them clones. 

Is that really the probability? Gosh darn it, no wonder I always get sucky banes :/ 

Shouldn't it be the same probability of +Spd and +Atk, though? Since I feel I get far fewer ones of those >.< 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the main variety issue is simply the small pool of character classes in the game since it's basically just

*snip*

I don't think there was ever intention to have some of the characters, like Owain and Navarre, be unique from everyone else. The fact that Niles had extra development time but still wound up as the same exact archer move set as the three other archers already in the game should show that. And I bet Navarre was always designed as he was, with Lyn being added later on and using his moveset.

Owain using Ryoma's thunder-based moveset is odd, but no weirder than frederick throwing tornadoes or 4 separate archers using a bunch of wind attacks.

And to that last point Niles can use staves after promotion, I believe. And technically Male Corrin does too, but he's a skin so we'll call that a wash.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Eldigan, Deirdre, Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector, Rebecca (pretty sure she's confirmed or at least heavily implied to be Wolt's mum?)... I suppose all the Fates and Awakening lot... 

Eldigan, Dierdre, and Sigurd count, but the rest are their young versions and not parents yet.  The Fates people are horrible parents in general.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Eldigan, Dierdre, and Sigurd count, but the rest are their young versions and not parents yet.  The Fates people are horrible parents in general.

Chrom is a parent in his, at least :) Lucina is born halfway through. 

And yeah, it's kinda why I added that I guess for the Fates lot xD But they are still parents - cruddy or otherwise. 

Not that I'm arguing against parents in the game. I do like that Amy is an adopted child that seems pretty happy in her game :D 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Chrom is a parent in his, at least :) Lucina is born halfway through. 

And yeah, it's kinda why I added that I guess for the Fates lot xD But they are still parents - cruddy or otherwise. 

Not that I'm arguing against parents in the game. I do like that Amy is an adopted child that seems pretty happy in her game :D 

Chrom is good.  He fills the role of both being a good parent and not dying.  Maybe not even that second one.

New Year Azura has a quote where she asks who the first hero you summoned this year was. Excluding Virion, since everyone gets him, does anyone remember theirs? I most certainly do not.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

New Year Azura has a quote where she asks who the first hero you summoned this year was. Excluding Virion, since everyone gets him, does anyone remember theirs? I most certainly do not.

Pretty sure mine was Arthur.  That explains my luck in this game!

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

For 2017, that's one of Marth, Caeda, or Tiki for this account, but I don't remember which one (most likely Marth). No idea at all for my first account, though.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think mine was either a Nino or a Sophia...

I remember using one or the other very early on anyways.