• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Ok i am officially scared again a bit by Armor emblem units... new interesting builds are showing up in the Land of Tier 20 5200~ point range.

Hector +10 with:
56 HP/59 Atk/28 Spd/41 Def/20 RES
(thats his +atk/-res)
Armads
Rally Atk/Def
Aether
Distant Counter
Bold Fighter 3
Amror March
Seal: Heavy Blade 3

Nasty because all his Armors buddy kept rallying Atk/Def which bolstered his Attack further. Meaning his Aether was Ready if I attacked (due to Heavy Blade 3 and QR) or if I let him Attack with BIke (due to Bold Fighter esnuring him a double and also an Aether thats ready)... Disgusting lol

Followed by his Buddy:
Effie +10 with:
54HP/62 Atk/23 Spd/37 Def/27 Res
(+Atk/-Spd)
Firesweep Lance+
Rally Atk/Def
Galeforce
Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
Ward Armor 3
Seal: Quickened Pulse

This one caught me by surprise and i was like wtf, she dealt on the process only 20 damage to my B!Ike with Galeforce proc due to Urvan (omg thank god) and everything...

Accompanied by another her best BFF!:
Amelia +10 with:
56HP/52 Atk/44 Spd/39 Def/24 Res
Slaying Axe +(Refined with Spd)
Rally Atk/Def
Ignis
Flashign Blade 3 (yep)
Vengefull fighter 3 (yep)
Armor March 3
Seal: Phandom Speed 3

Yep, you attack her you eat an Ignis to your face, you let her attack you, you eat an ignis to your face (assuming you counter and she doubles)

Of course there was a cookie cutter Armor Tharja there to keep them company and nuke the shit out of everyone else.
Pita fight forever! I seriously need to bring a nuker into Arena just for those non Distant Counter Armorers -_-

I played Heroes on three different people's accounts during my friend's New Years party. I'm like the person in my group you go to when you need orbs fast but can't beat the challenges on your own.

Thankfully my friends have similar teams (Hector, Reinhardt, PA!Olivia, Brave Lyn) so the same strategies work for both of them.

51 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ok i am officially scared again a bit by Armor emblem units... new interesting builds are showing up in the Land of Tier 20 5200~ point range.

Vengeful Fighter always makes me smile when I see it because my Arena core is still entirely enemy-phase. So far, I've only found Bold Fighter to be particularly threatening when held by Brave Bow Jakob, but thankfully the only one I've seen so far has Death Blow instead of Close Counter, meaning he got slaughtered by my Minerva (twice).

I wonder why players in that score range aren't using Brave weapons on their other units with Bold Fighter. Losing 50 SP worth of skill value perhaps?

34 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I played Heroes on three different people's accounts during my friend's New Years party. I'm like the person in my group you go to when you need orbs fast but can't beat the challenges on your own.

Thankfully my friends have similar teams (Hector, Reinhardt, PA!Olivia, Brave Lyn) so the same strategies work for both of them.

I'm glad my friends are more competent at the game, though I do assist with Grand Hero Battles and the like occasionally.

Hey guys, have you seen anything strange in your recent pools? I mean, I thought that Henry was in the 4*-5* pool (my first Henry was a 5*, and I don't remember pulling for him in a banner) and I've just summoned a 3* one O.o

....These good natured Barsts are getting on my nerves.

1. +SPD/-HP
  2. +SPD/-RES
  3. +ATK/-DEF
  4. +ATK/-RES *New*

I literally have every optimal Barst possible. I get it game, I'll build a Barst. If nothing comes up in the next 3000 feathers, I'll promote him.

@Javi Blizz You had to have pulled Henry as a 5* in the Mages Gauntlet banner, as other than his Halloween appearance he has always been a 3*-4* unit.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

1. +ATK/-RES *New*

I mean, that’s really the only Barst you’ll want to build if you don’t want to break the feather bank for him. Reposition too stronk

I wonder if there's going to be a time where an Airzura would appreciate having Death Blow 3... I ended up giving that to her when I sacrificed 2 Hawkeyes to give her his Killer Axe+. 

Eh, even if it is a waste it may come in handy on some GHB or something.

Um, jeez. In my search for NY!Takumi, I got a +atk -res Kagero. I already have one that is +spd. She runs fury as an A-skill, which one is better?

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Um, jeez. In my search for NY!Takumi, I got a +atk -res Kagero. I already have one that is +spd. She runs fury as an A-skill, which one is better?

I find OHKO's more important for Kagero so +ATK is better. Even with +SPD, she won't be doubling much and the loss of 4.5 ATK (using either Poison dagger or Kitty paddle) hurts quite a bit.

The amount of doubles she gets from +SPD is quite negligible.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

....These good natured Barsts are getting on my nerves.

1. +SPD/-HP
  2. +SPD/-RES
  3. +ATK/-DEF
  4. +ATK/-RES *New*

I literally have every optimal Barst possible. I get it game, I'll build a Barst. If nothing comes up in the next 3000 feathers, I'll promote him.

I already promoted mine.

.... for Freddy's Brave Axe+ and Reposition

will do a proper promotion someday though

Speaking of Fredericks... @Arcanite @Rezzy

lm7w3MC.png

Good luck killing my favorite husband here without magic. lol I'm pretty sure no physical weapon can kill him without some serious help now, not even a Zanbato. And he still has more merges to get! What monstrosity have I created? XD

So the two Kagero are apparently +spd -def and +atk -res. Basically, two perfect natures. I guess +atk is better even with fury then? I think +spd Kagero with fury hits 41 speed. EDIT: Scratch that, it's just 38 speed.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The attack stat is pretty important when using effective damage weapons. +Atk Kagero with Life and Death 2 (just making an assumption that you don't have a 3 available) and Atk +3 seal kills 127 out of 130 infantry in one round assuming opponents with base sets and stats. Loses outright to Dorcas (kills her on counterattack), and leaves Saber and Merric at 1 health. That's a great track record, so I'd go with that.

+Spd Kagero loses 9 ORKOs under the same conditions. But is still an incredible anti infantry. The extra points in speed along with fury will definitely improve her durability to the point where she can sustain a hit from opponents and naturally proc desperation, but I only see that improving her matchups against non infantry ranged units, which isn't her niche.

Edited by Glennstavos

Well, I was mostly running fury on Kagero since it goes well with her natural reprisal. I suppose as long as she can 1HKO most things without eating a counterattack she shouldn't be getting attacked anyway, so I guess +spd isn't nearly as important. So I'll make the switch.

Edited by Sunwoo

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of Fredericks... @Arcanite @Rezzy

lm7w3MC.png

Good luck killing my favorite husband here without magic. lol I'm pretty sure no physical weapon can kill him without some serious help now, not even a Zanbato. And he still has more merges to get! What monstrosity have I created? XD

I actually haven't seen that many Zanbatos in Arena.  Probably since Gray's a 5* exclusive.  I do see quite a few Ridersbanes, though.

I wonder when they're ever going to give us a Poleaxe/Halberd or whatever the Horse Axe was called.  Maybe Kieran will get it, if they ever get around to adding him.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I actually haven't seen that many Zanbatos in Arena.  Probably since Gray's a 5* exclusive.  I do see quite a few Ridersbanes, though.

I wonder when they're ever going to give us a Poleaxe/Halberd or whatever the Horse Axe was called.  Maybe Kieran will get it, if they ever get around to adding him.

And a Ridersbane would do less to Freddy here because being green, he triangle trumps lances! I don't remember there being an axe that had effectiveness vs horses though... But yeah, maybe Kieran will have it, if there is one. I'd love for him to get a Slaying Axe though, it'd fit his character so well. XD

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Titania was the perfect opportunity for the poleaxe. Mathilda has a similar spread to her, and she got a horsepoker. But noooo, Titania had to get an ungodly ugly emerald. I’m still salty.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Titania was the perfect opportunity for the poleaxe. Mathilda has a similar spread to her, and she got a horsepoker. But noooo, Titania had to get an ungodly ugly emerald. I’m still salty.

Emerald Axe works great on her, though.  Titania also came out before they added the Horse effective melee weapons, too, since they got introduced with the Double Echoes Banner.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol I'm pretty sure no physical weapon can kill him without some serious help now, not even a Zanbato.

+0 Soleil [=Atk] with Zanbato+ (and no other skills) hits for 37×2 damage without buffs. Survives +0 Ayra [=] (vanilla), though, which is impressive.

But 56 Def on enemy phase is still absurd. My +10 Lukas with Fortress Def 3 (granted, no refined weapon) only has 50 Def.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Actually, "Poleaxe" or "Halberd" depending on the game.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

+0 Soleil [=Atk] with Zanbato+ (and no other skills) hits for 37×2 damage without buffs. Survives +0 Ayra [=] (vanilla), though, which is impressive.

But 56 Def on enemy phase is still absurd. My +10 Lukas with Fortress Def 3 (granted, no refined weapon) only has 50 Def.

Soleil must have some serious attack then... o_O But yeah, 56 def is still absurd! lol

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Soleil must have some serious attack then... o_O But yeah, 56 def is still absurd! lol

I find it funny that a little girl has the highest strength in the game.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I find it funny that a little girl has the highest strength in the game.

I thought Effie had the highest? But if Soleil surpassed even her, that's definitely crazy. But I guess IS wants powercreep after all. :/