• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Soleil must have some serious attack then... o_O But yeah, 56 def is still absurd! lol

38 base Atk is scary.

Zanbato and special skill activations are pretty much the only things that can deal double-digit damage. Black Knight is actually particularly a threat because Black Luna adds 44 damage when your Def is as ridiculously high as it is.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought Effie had the highest? But if Soleil surpassed even her, that's definitely crazy. But I guess IS wants powercreep after all. :/

Soleil is actually tied with Cherche for 3rd at 38. First is a tie between Effie and Winter Chrom at 40.

I think @Rezzy meant the highest Atk on an infantry unit.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

38 base Atk is scary.

Zanbato and special skill activations are pretty much the only things that can deal double-digit damage. Black Knight is actually particularly a threat because Black Luna adds 44 damage when your Def is as ridiculously high as it is.

Soleil is actually tied with Cherche for 3rd at 38. First is a tie between Effie and Winter Chrom at 40.

@Anacybele Yeah, I was excluding Armor units, but I should have been more specific.  Though even then, only Effie and Chromas have higher strength.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

38 base Atk is scary.

Yeah it is...

And yeah, and even then, not all skill activations may kill him. Stuff like Black Luna, sure, but I did say "serious help" before. :P

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

@Anacybele Yeah, I was excluding Armor units, but I should have been more specific.  Though even then, only Effie and Chromas have higher strength.

Oh, alrighty, gotcha.

I just realize I haven't beaten the Normal or Hard versions of the new paralogs, since I've been using most of my stamina for Tempest the last few days.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It does.

Prf Fury 3 + A Skill Fury 3 + Fury 3 seal = 1 round of combat = -18 HP. Talk about a one hit wonder.

@MrSmokestack The idea of a +SPD Slaying Axe+ Barst sounds really awesome honestly. But it's a big investment, so I'll probably just do another Brave Axe+ build with Death Blow blah blah blah. I'm less in a hurry to do something like that, but at least I can give other units reposition that way.

Not to mention my romps into colorless have been fruitless of late. I could do with a better natured Priscilla, Matthew, Serra, Kagero, Maria and Klein who hasn't shown up in a while and I'm in quite the need for Death Blow 3.

Meanwhile, I'm getting bucketloads of Niles, Azamas, Setsunas, Virions, (Bad natured) Clarines, Felicias and of course the occasional (bad natured) Gaius.

It's almost as if the game knows what you want sometimes and gives you literally the most useless thing possible.

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Prf Fury 3 + A Skill Fury 3 + Fury 3 seal = 1 round of combat = -18 HP. Talk about a one hit wonder.

Actively Suicidal Eldigan. True to source!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Emerald Axe works great on her, though. 

I don’t say the emerald is not effective. I just say it looks ugly.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

+9 Atk/Spd/Def/Res in addition to Fury forged Mystletainn giving +3 HP, though. On a neutral Eldigan, he'd have 48 HP, 57 Atk, 33 Spd, 43 Def, and 28 Res. +Spd would give him to 37 Spd since he gains +4 from a speed boon.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Actively Suicidal Eldigan. True to source!

But the Emerald brings out my eyes so well, and red and green go great together.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It accentuates her eyes <3 <3 <3

But the Emerald brings out my eyes so well, and red and green go great together.

Ninja'd. Also, real people don't have green eyes, that's just a myth.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

It accentuates her eyes <3 <3 <3

Ninja'd. Also, real people don't have green eyes, that's just a myth.

What are you talking about?  I have green eyes.

QgNJIXL.jpg?1

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If only it wasn’t so oversized and unbalanced. Lenghten the shaft and make the axe itself smaller, and we maaaybe can talk.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Also, real people don't have green eyes, that's just a myth.

My eyes are green IRL :(

My eyes are green IRL :(

Hey, me too!  They can look a little blue depending on the light or my clothing, though.

QgNJIXL.jpg?1

Hey, me too!  They can look a little blue depending on the light or my clothing, though.

Can’t take a pic right now, but yeah, mine range from green to grey.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can’t take a pic right now, but yeah, mine range from green to grey.

I bet your eyes look beautiful.  Green eyes are great.

My eyes and eyelashes are one of the things I actually like about my appearance.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I bet your eyes look beautiful.  Green eyes are great.

My eyes and eyelashes are one of the things I actually like about my appearance.

Green enough? I’ve got no idea.
IMG_20180102_115651.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Green enough? I’ve got no idea.
IMG_20180102_115651.jpg

A bit low res, but yes, that's a very nice shade of green.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

+9 Atk/Spd/Def/Res in addition to Fury forged Mystletainn giving +3 HP, though. On a neutral Eldigan, he'd have 48 HP, 57 Atk, 33 Spd, 43 Def, and 28 Res. +Spd would give him to 37 Spd since he gains +4 from a speed boon.

That sounds great on paper, but considering all I'd have to do is attack him at range with anything and drop him down 18 HP for an easy followup kill, it's not all that great sadly. (inb4powercreepRenewalthatrecovers20hp)

@Vaximillian @Rezzy I'm sure you all think you're so special. Everyone knows brown eyes are where it's at. <_<

Yeah so I wanted to post this before new years but I had an emergency health situation so it didn't really happen. Kinda wanted to share the "Hero" team I've been running most content with since I've promoted Matthew. I thought I'd be gimping myself with this team but they can handle nearly anything, I've done some infernal GHB/BHBs with the team and even some Arena Assault with them, but anyways here goes.

Spoiler

KYQItMM.pngHXE3fuO.png

epQaK3U.pngIdagSgx.png

Matthew: The hero of the squad. This faithful spy dashes into combat first, debuffs the whole enemy team and proceeds to tank just about anything that comes his way. Mages are a problem, but if they attack him first, he can finish them on the next player phase. He's currently neutral but merges are on the way and that fateful +ATK nature will be one of them. S Supported with Inigo.

Inigo: Matthew's #2. He boosts Matt's power with Hone ATK 3 and boosts his speed with Gale Dance, allowing him to attack an opponent he previously debuffed. As a dancer he's also versatile as you'd expect and can dance other team members if need be, providing them with a speed boost as well. He needs Gronnraven+ and TA3 in order to fulfill his role as a meta counter, but his Dancer Ring+ has served him surprisingly well and I'm considering refining it just for the stat boosts.

Ayra: The teams offensive muscle. She takes a hit and proceeds to desperation kill nearly anything. Where she shines on this particular team is that she can kill things that she otherwise couldn't kill thanks to Matthew. Units like Black Knight, Nowi, Tiki and other units that are a bit too tanky for her to handle on her own. A surprising number of blues can be killed by her after Matthew does his work. B Supported with Genny. 

Genny: The support unit and healer. She keeps Matt healthy so he can continue to tank enemy teams, heals other units if need be and occasionally finishes off pesky stragglers thanks to Wrathful staff. She also acts as a secondary buff bot with dual hones. The image is outdated and she's switched to her native Physic+ which works wonders. I'm considering refining her weapon but I was planning to feed her to Serra, Elise or Priscilla if one with an optimal nature showed up so I'm on the fence as to what to do. For now she fullfills her role well.

The biggest threats to this team are as follows.

• Reinhardt: Inigo's +HP/-RES so his ability to tank him is questionable depending on the Reinhardt, he needs TA3 as right now she's shaky vs him. He's handleable, just an alarm.
  • Quick Riposte Dragons (Red):  Inigo can handle Nowi but no unit on this team can handle a beefed up Quick Riposte Tiki or A!Tiki. She has to approach Matthew or Ayra and be softened up in order to be safely dealt with and that's not always an easy feat.
  • TA Raven mages (mostly red): Half the team is colorless, so TA Ravens are a red flag. They're fairly rare now, but when they show up they must be dealt with. Inigo can handle blues, but Cecillia can be a problem for Ayra to catch depending on her teammates and a Red raven mage with Swordbreaker is a red alert.
  • Black Knight: He's tricky to deal with, he needs to attack Ayra, and let her kill him on player phase, but this can be complicated if he has Vantage.
  • WoM Dancers: Matthew's gameplan is to soften and kill on the counter or let his teammates do as such. He rarely ORKO's, which gives WoM dancers plenty of chances to ruin my gameplan. 
  • All mage teams: These are hell no matter what team composition you run, naturally they're irritating for this team as well.

The team isn't perfect, but it's handled more than it's fair share of tough team compositions and come out standing. Plus it's exceedingly fun to use them. My ultimate goal is to replace Ayra and Genny with Sword Lyn and Bride Lyn, but that's a ways off.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Zeo Renewal seal when?

Also hopefully your health has recovered enough. RL comes first!

My mother and sister both have brown eyes, and they are very nice too.

Allergic reactions are no fun, especially when they're to food that you've been eating for 90% of your life. Recovering means quite a bit more laying down, but I can play Heroes while doing that at least.

Renewal seal is something I've really been waiting for, but seeing how IS isn't shy at giving exclusive skills as seals, I'm also waiting for a Wrathful/Dazzling seal so we can build the ultimate healer. Or maybe even a Distant Counter seal just so we can bust the game.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Allergic reactions are no fun, especially when they're to food that you've been eating for 90% of your life.

Allergies are the worst. I consider myself lucky to not have experienced any.

Allergies are the worst. I consider myself lucky to not have experienced any.

I could eat just about anything when I was a kid. Peas, Ice Cream (in huge amounts), Lentils, Milk, Sharp cheese (unmelted), Tilapia and most recently Shrimp!

All things I ate in spades as a child and a teenager, all things I can't eat as an adult. Funny how things turn out.