Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

if it's Radiant Dawn/Thracia it'll be kind of funny since they are sequels (although Bot sure if Thracia is a sequel if it happens within Genealogy)

if it's Awakening i expect 2nd gen, so in a way it's like a part/act 2 like how RD/Thracia is

It'll count as a midquel :D

I'm hoping for Thracia, first and foremost, but I expect to get Radiant Dawn before that. If we do get Radiant Dawn, I hope we don't get another sucky three person banner (this goes for all of them). Considering we've literally just had a three person seasonal banner, I hold little hope. Man, summoning used to be way more fun. I also hope this seasonal is a one off and we keep getting four person ones, otherwise I know which gender takes the fall -.- 

I would also love Awakening and FE4 Gen 2. I really, really want Gerome and Ares, especially <3 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It'll count as a midquel :D

I'm hoping for Thracia, first and foremost, but I expect to get Radiant Dawn before that. If we do get Radiant Dawn, I hope we don't get another sucky three person banner (this goes for all of them). Considering we've literally just had a three person seasonal banner, I hold little hope. Man, summoning used to be way more fun. I also hope this seasonal is a one off and we keep getting four person ones, otherwise I know which gender takes the fall -.- 

I would also love Awakening and FE4 Gen 2. I really, really want Gerome and Ares, especially <3 

Male characters haven't been "taking the fall". Every 3-character banner so far has had its gender balance evened out by associated units released for free or otherwise.

• FE9: Elincia, Nephenee, Oscar + Black Knight
  • FE4: Sigurd, Dierdre, Tailtyu + Ayra, Arden, Arvis
  • CYL 2: Maya, Lute, Dorcas + Joshua
  • Fates: Siegbert, Shiro, Soleil + Rhajat
  • New Year's: Azura, Camilla, Takumi + Corrin

The legendary heroes so far are both female, but we haven't had gender imbalance among past-game characters since the bride banner, which was several months ago.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

Male characters haven't been "taking the fall". Every 3-character banner so far has had its gender balance evened out by associated units released for free or otherwise.

• FE9: Elincia, Nephenee, Oscar + Black Knight
  • FE4: Sigurd, Dierdre, Tailtyu + Ayra, Arden, Arvis
  • CYL 2: Maya, Lute, Dorcas + Joshua
  • Fates: Siegbert, Shiro, Soleil + Rhajat
  • New Year's: Azura, Camilla, Takumi + Corrin

The legendary heroes so far are both female, but we haven't had gender imbalance among past-game characters since the bride banner, which was several months ago.

There are more males than females in the series, so it still makes it less likely for my favourite units (all but one being male) to get into the game. It also doesn't help that we used to get the four units AND the GHB / TT, which meant more units being added overall (whether male or female), which was more fun imo. It feels like we get so few new characters, summons aren't as exciting as they used to be. Plus, when you see the gaps that could have been. The first, especially could have had Kieran - a much needed green unit (especially green cavalry - I've already maxed HM on Frederick and Cecilia, Titania isn't far behind, and then all that's left is Gunter or the slim change of getting a female oc I don't really care about from the legendary banner). I'm not really counting Rhajat and Ayra quite so much since they were, in the very least, pullable, so people could use them for merges, etc, if they wanted to go for it. 

Plus GHB and TT units aren't used during gauntlets, etc, (at least not so far) and TT units aren't used as bonuses, either. Considering they're usually male, it narrows down the options somewhat -.-

I'm hoping this will change, though. 

I also hope they realise there are more males than females across Fire Emblem, but they probably don't care. After all, many of the males probably won't get people to spend money on them unless they released them with amazing skills -.- So they probably won't bother *sigh*

Edited by Cute Chao

Speaking of the legendary heroes, I really hope they're not going to be all female (or all related to Fjorm). This, uh, trend of making pretty much most of the secondary characters female while main protagonist and big bad are male is really not appealing to me. Between that and the tone of the latest games (plus fanservice), it's kind of making warfare feel ... I don't know, trivial? Like war is something where everyday guy meets beautiful women who fawn over him and they save the world and get heroics or stuff, when war is serious business and not something to be taken lightly?

That, and I am getting tired of all the seasonal banner bloat. It wouldn't be so bad if they could use some characters besides Awakening and Conquest characters, or at least give us different Awakening and Fates characters, but they can't even do that anymore. When are we getting freaking Leif and Micaiah? Never mind the two characters I really want, I've accepted that either the game will die out or I'll get bored of it before either of them are added. But Leif and Micaiah are lords. Where are fuck are they?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Speaking of the legendary heroes, I really hope they're not going to be all female (or all related to Fjorm). This, uh, trend of making pretty much most of the secondary characters female while main protagonist and big bad are male is really not appealing to me. Between that and the tone of the latest games (plus fanservice), it's kind of making warfare feel ... I don't know, trivial? Like war is something where everyday guy meets beautiful women who fawn over him and they save the world and get heroics or stuff, when war is serious business and not something to be taken lightly?

That, and I am getting tired of all the seasonal banner bloat. It wouldn't be so bad if they could use some characters besides Awakening and Conquest characters, or at least give us different Awakening and Fates characters, but they can't even do that anymore. When are we getting freaking Leif and Micaiah? Never mind the two characters I really want, I've accepted that either the game will die out or I'll get bored of it before either of them are added. But Leif and Micaiah are lords. Where are fuck are they?

Out of curiosity, who are the two characters you mainly want? 

I like to think some of mine (Geoffrey and Kent, especially) have a good chance of getting in, but two others (Volug and Nailah) are much less likely... and I don't know where the herons and some others fall... 

However, I had been stupidly convinced Geoffrey would come in Elicina's banner (you know, the one titled 'Crimeans') and so am still rather bitter he didn't -.- 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I like to think some of mine (Geoffrey and Kent, especially) have a good chance of getting in, but two others (Volug and Nailah) are much less likely... and I don't know where the herons and some others fall... 

However, I had been stupidly convinced Geoffrey would come in Elicina's banner (you know, the one titled 'Crimeans') and so am still rather bitter he didn't -.- 

Tormod and Rath.

I can't imagine a banner in which either of them would be a primary or even secondary option. And the only playable character in Heroes that shares Rath's class is Brave Lyn, which makes me think we're not getting lots of playable horse archers anytime soon. I think of all the characters I am still waiting for only L'Arachel has a good chance, being a somewhat plot-relevant royal in her game. Not sure how Miriel, Laurent, Maribelle, Stefan, Saleh, Guy, Marcia, or the herons will fit anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The two I want to get added the most? Calill and Miriel. Yeah. I love lady mages.

Hmmm... I don't think Calill has a great chance (although they might surprise us...). Miriel might, though :) I'm betting we'll be seeing some Awakening banners in the new year, since every other game except Thracia has had its own non-seasonal banner (and I guess RD, but I still count the two PoR banners, since it shares over half its units with that game). 

@Sunwoo

Tormod's pretty plot relevant in PoR at times, so he has a good chance, I reckon. 

Rath... Honestly, still disappointed Lyn took the title of first bow cavalry from him. I keep hoping they'll bring more in, but they've staunchly stayed away from them so far. That being said, with all the inflated stats and trying to change things up, they might finally cave and give us more bow cavs :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

Hmmm... I don't think Calill has a great chance (although they might surprise us...). Miriel might, though :)

Calill has little to no chance with her ≈590 place on the CYL poll. Miriel hopefully comes soon.

I actually half-expect, half-hope the next real banner to be Awakening of some sort, be it Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Calill has little to no chance with her ≈590 place on the CYL poll. Miriel hopefully comes soon.

I actually half-expect, half-hope the next real banner to be Awakening of some sort, be it Gen 1 or Gen 2.

I'm predicting Gen 2, but since Sumia still isn't in the game, Gen 1 might still have a chance :) 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Sunwoo

Tormod's pretty plot relevant in PoR at times, so he has a good chance, I reckon. 

Rath... Honestly, still disappointed Lyn took the title of first bow cavalry from him. I keep hoping they'll bring more in, but they've staunchly stayed away from them so far. That being said, with all the inflated stats and trying to change things up, they might finally cave and give us more bow cavs :) 

True, Tormod does have plot relevance. But I don't think he was really super popular either. I just feel like whatever banner he could've fit the theme of, someone else more popular will end up in his place. After the PoR and Genealogy banners, which had at least one character that I expected and at least one character that made me go "why the fuck are they there", I'm not sure. Maybe Tormod will be the option that makes me go "okay I'm glad he's there but why the fuck is he there?"

Any horseman or nomad or actual horse archer should've been the first bow cavalry. At this point, I'll go for any of the Elibe nomads, but I played FE7 before FE6 so Rath is my favorite of the four.

True, Tormod does have plot relevance. But I don't think he was really super popular either. I just feel like whatever banner he could've fit the theme of, someone else more popular will end up in his place. After the PoR and Genealogy banners, which had at least one character that I expected and at least one character that made me go "why the fuck are they there", I'm not sure. Maybe Tormod will be the option that makes me go "okay I'm glad he's there but why the fuck is he there?"

Any horseman or nomad or actual horse archer should've been the first bow cavalry. At this point, I'll go for any of the Elibe nomads, but I played FE7 before FE6 so Rath is my favorite of the four.

I'd been kind of hoping for Wolf, since he's from the first game, but Rath is my second favourite after him. It was really annoying to see Lyn in that banner, personally, since I'm liking her less and less since Heroes came out. She's suddenly everywhere and becoming less of a character and more just service, it feels -.- 

Maybe they'll do a young mages banner or something? Tormod, Asvel, Tina, or something like that? :)

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Sumia, Miriel, Maribelle, I want them in the game now.

You have great taste in characters, lol. Those three, alongside Cherche, were my favorite Awakening female characters.

I'd been kind of hoping for Wolf, since he's from the first game, but Rath is my second favourite after him. It was really annoying to see Lyn in that banner, personally, since I'm liking her less and less since Heroes came out. She's suddenly everywhere and becoming less of a character and more just service, it feels -.- 

Maybe they'll do a young mages banner or something? Tormod, Asvel, Tina, or something like that? :)

I actually had a bit of hope when they added Lyn that they weren't outright ignoring bow cavalry and hopefully there would be others to follow. So far, nothing. That said, it is kind of sad to see that Lyn has basically been reduced to a waifu. I mean, I knew that people already considered her their waifu back when FE7 was still new, and I think that's part of the reason why she got so high in CYL in the first place. But it's sad to see her get hit with it in this new IS waifu culture thing. I really dread an FE7 remake now.

Wouldn't mind getting another multi-game banner, like the first two sibling bonds. That was fun and unexpected. Just hope that if such a banner does happen and Tormod is on it, that no one is blocking his color. Although ... now that I think about it there seem to be a lot of young wind mages. Asvel, Ricken, and Hayato. I guess green's the color to worry about here.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sumia, Miriel, Maribelle, I want them in the game now.

Off the top of my head, I want Yen'fay, Libra and Panne from the first gen. 

I can only think of really wanting Gerome from the second gen, though I wouldn't mind Yarne or Laurent. I feel Owain and Inigo are already in the game enough for me to not want them taking up a space (like Rhajat did). 

I actually had a bit of hope when they added Lyn that they weren't outright ignoring bow cavalry and hopefully there would be others to follow. So far, nothing. That said, it is kind of sad to see that Lyn has basically been reduced to a waifu. I mean, I knew that people already considered her their waifu back when FE7 was still new, and I think that's part of the reason why she got so high in CYL in the first place. But it's sad to see her get hit with it in this new IS waifu culture thing. I really dread an FE7 remake now.

Wouldn't mind getting another multi-game banner, like the first two sibling bonds. That was fun and unexpected. Just hope that if such a banner does happen and Tormod is on it, that no one is blocking his color. Although ... now that I think about it there seem to be a lot of young wind mages. Asvel, Ricken, and Hayato. I guess green's the color to worry about here.

That's true. I did have that flicker of hope, too, but still that annoyance xD 

But yeah, in FE7, she felt dignified and refined. Of course, with the sprites, I couldn't see how high her dress slits went (and I'm still not convinced her dress slits went as high as they do now). Now, with her new boob job (she definitely wasn't quite as big in the oa, even if her sprite did have a jiggle) and slits so high she can't be wearing underwear, all I can think of is her flashing everyone any time she's in battle. It's really made me go off the character, who I really used to like. It might seem like a stupid reason, but... I can't help feeling like that :/ 

Hmmm... if they want purely male, Lugh would have a good chance of being there. I added Tina (I think she's a mage... she might be a healer) because I feel there should be some balance. I would honestly like more mixed banners with a theme... once we've got the Thracia and maybe RD banners done (Awakening characters can easily be added as part of a theme still).

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm predicting Gen 2, but since Sumia still isn't in the game, Gen 1 might still have a chance :) 

I need the Vaike in my life.

@Vaximillian I would love to see Calill in game.  We need more parents in the game.

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ross and/or Charlotte. I just want these two in because they are both my favorite unit and one of strongest unit in both of my playthroughs of there games. Ross hit everything hard and fast and Charlotte crited a lot.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

But yeah, in FE7, she felt dignified and refined. Of course, with the sprites, I couldn't see how high her dress slits went (and I'm still not convinced her dress slits went as high as they do now). Now, with her new boob job (she definitely wasn't quite as big in the oa, even if her sprite did have a jiggle) and slits so high she can't be wearing underwear, all I can think of is her flashing everyone any time she's in battle. It's really made me go off the character, who I really used to like. It might seem like a stupid reason, but... I can't help feeling like that :/ 

Hmmm... if they want purely male, Lugh would have a good chance of being there. I added Tina (I think she's a mage... she might be a healer) because I feel there should be some balance. I would honestly like more mixed banners with a theme... once we've got the Thracia and maybe RD banners done (Awakening characters can easily be added as part of a theme still).

As a character, Lyn is just eh to me. I used to like her a lot, but after a while there was something about her character that just annoyed me a bit. So I was just mostly neutral on her. That said, even if she is the first lord you see in FE7, I do not consider her a main lord at all. Her campaign is a glorified tutorial mode and has little bearing on the main plot, and I'm kind of annoyed that she shoved Hector and Eliwood into the background. Neither of the guys were DLC in Awakening either. And Eliwood's art in this game is so bad.

Tina's a healer with a personal staff, but Heroes has at times shown blatant disregard for characters' canon classes. There don't seem to be any female mages who are in the "young mage" archetype. Lilina is young, but she falls under another archetype.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I need the Vaike in my life.

@Vaximillian I would love to see Calill in game.  We need more parents in the game.

Eldigan, Deirdre, Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector, Rebecca (pretty sure she's confirmed or at least heavily implied to be Wolt's mum?)... I suppose all the Fates and Awakening lot... 

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

As a character, Lyn is just eh to me. I used to like her a lot, but after a while there was something about her character that just annoyed me a bit. So I was just mostly neutral on her. That said, even if she is the first lord you see in FE7, I do not consider her a main lord at all. Her campaign is a glorified tutorial mode and has little bearing on the main plot, and I'm kind of annoyed that she shoved Hector and Eliwood into the background. Neither of the guys were DLC in Awakening either. And Eliwood's art in this game is so bad.

Tina's a healer with a personal staff, but Heroes has at times shown blatant disregard for characters' canon classes. There don't seem to be any female mages who are in the "young mage" archetype. Lilina is young, but she falls under another archetype.

Ah, darn. I can't think of any other young female mages... How odd they are usually shota male. Nino's already in the game, and she's the only other actually young one that I can think of... 

I think Warriors was the final straw for Lyn. Instead of focussing on the character games they promised us, they shoehorned Lyn and Celica into it and made the rest DLC. It really put me against both of them, although I was already meh to them at this point. 

I will admit, I like her tutorial but I wish you could choose to switch the tutorial part off and just play it without having to do it once. I think it helps FE7 was the first game I played, so the tutorial was somewhat helpful... and it also gave me a lifelong obsession with a certain red knight xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Ah, darn. I can't think of any other young female mages... How odd they are usually shota male. Nino's already in the game, and she's the only other actually young one... 

I think Warriors was the final straw for Lyn. Instead of focussing on the character games they promised us, they shoehorned Lyn and Celica into it and made the rest DLC. It really put me against both of them, although I was already meh to them at this point. 

I will admit, I like her tutorial but I wish you could choose to switch the tutorial part off and just play it without having to do it once. I think it helps FE7 was the first game I played, so the tutorial was somewhat helpful... and it also gave me a lifelong obsession with a certain red knight xD 

Like I said, I get the feeling that "shota mage" has just another archetype for FE now. They're kind of becoming more consistent lately: Lugh, Ewan, Tormod, Ricken, and Hayato. Young female mages don't show up nearly as consistently. Although, it feels like Ricken and Hayato have started the new trend of "shota mage insists he's actually a man".

Warriors PR was just freaking awful, and I basically stopped lost interest after they said they were only going to focus on Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon ... and then they proceeded to contradict things they've said repeatedly.

The tutorial is nice, but I guess I just have little patience for unprompted tutorials in general. When I played EOU and EO2U's story modes, I got really irritated that the tutorials this time had story dialogue. I guess an option to turn it off, even on the first go, would've been great.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Like I said, I get the feeling that "shota mage" has just another archetype for FE now. They're kind of becoming more consistent lately: Lugh, Ewan, Tormod, Ricken, and Hayato. Young female mages don't show up nearly as consistently. Although, it feels like Ricken and Hayato have started the new trend of "shota mage insists he's actually a man".

Warriors PR was just freaking awful, and I basically stopped lost interest after they said they were only going to focus on Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon ... and then they proceeded to contradict things they've said repeatedly.

The tutorial is nice, but I guess I just have little patience for unprompted tutorials in general. When I played EOU and EO2U's story modes, I got really irritated that the tutorials this time had story dialogue. I guess an option to turn it off, even on the first go, would've been great.

Yeah... I hope they stop that with the next one. Part of me feels they only did it so people don't feel so weirded out pairing a boy with an adult woman... 

Yeah, their PR was awful. It created so much annoyance everywhere. I do enjoy that game, though the ratio of male to female units is sad for me :( I know, I say it a lot xD But I still play it, and I did end up buying the DLC, despite vowing not to. I really, really wanted Owain and Navarre, and then figured I might as well go whole hog. 

Sorry, I can't think of what EOU is. But yeah, I don't think any tutorial should ever be forced. I think you should have the option to play them or not from the beginning. I enjoyed the little story and Lyndis' Legion, though. They remain some of my favourite characters :D 

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hey... does anyone else have Green numbers on their units?

I was looking through my units, and for some reason my HNY!Camilla has a green 38 in Speed...

That's a bug. Winter Tharja had the same thing