Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The derails never get old on this thread huh

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Quick question: Does the Fury from a forged Mytstletain stack with the actual skill itself?

You're trying to some filthy fury 6 strats eh? EHEHEHHEHE

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I could eat just about anything when I was a kid. Peas, Ice Cream (in huge amounts), Lentils, Milk, Sharp cheese (unmelted), Tilapia and most recently Shrimp!

All things I ate in spades as a child and a teenager, all things I can't eat as an adult. Funny how things turn out.

Dang. That's rough. That reminds me of a friend who thought she was allergic to something, but it was something else that she commonly eats. (Although I guess not as bad that she had to be hospitalised)

Can't imagine that though- allergies are such a mystery. How does it even develop like that over time?

@Vaximillian Renewal + Renewal + Falchion!

Or Arvis's Recover Ring + Renewal SS!

I'd really want a Renewal seal actually. Or a Live to Serve skill since healers want either Dazzling/Wrathful for their B skill.

Prepare for hell when Wings of Mercy SS is released

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm certain Renewal will appear as a 40000 point reward on a TT. It's just such a self-aware reward for that mode.

Speaking of seals, I hope other threaten seals get added. I want to combine debuffs with glorious cav buffs.

Gunnthra with Chilling Seal and double Threaten skills? (or add Res Ploy in there)

Or @Vaximillian how about Sharena with Fensalir (Threaten Atk), Threaten Spd, and Threaten Def?

I think if we ever get a mobility SS, it would be Escape Route since no one really uses that when there is WoM. Would go well with Fury (maybe too well...*looks at Double Fury Eldigan).

Weird how Hone Atk isn't a seal yet though.

Also I just love how Airzura is perfectly timed with the Iote's Shield SS. Flier Emblem teams are rejoicing in the new year.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Nah, they'll probably release Escape Route as a Sacred Seal instead of Wings of Mercy, since it arguably isn't as useful.

And I second wanting a Live to Serve Seal, if only because that thing is so very outclassed now that Dazzling/Wrathful Staff are things.

And yeah, Airzura alone is enough to give flier teams something to celebrate. Iote's Sacred Seal is just icing on the cake.

Also, they'll probably never release Fury as a Sacred Seal because it would make Eldigan really good since he could run that and his Fury-refined Mystletainn with something like Life & Death 3 (which would let him negate the defensive drops while getting +11 ATK and SPD, turning him into a very strong unit with decent SPD and still-pretty-high DEF and good HP) or Distant Counter.

And now I kinda want to run Life & Death 3 on my Eldigan when I give him the Fury refinement, since I just realized that he is, as far as I know, the only character in Heroes who can completely overcome Life And Death 3's drop in one defensive stat (with the DEF/RES +3 Sacred Seals), or just partially negate it for both stats (reducing the drop to -2) without any buffs thanks to his built-in Fury 3 and run a different Sacred Seal (I'm thinking of giving mine Heavy Blade 3, since he'll get 56 ATK before any buffs), while getting +8 ATK and SPD and only losing 6 HP per combat instead of 12. And I wanna play with that.
So, thanks for making me think of that possibility.

@Glennstavos I'm still waiting for the other Ploy skills to get Seals. Threatens that aren't SPD probably won't be coming to Sacred Seals for a while.

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Weird how Hone Atk isn't a seal yet though.

I think they are trying to release more skills to make less meta units more viable before releasing Hone Attack Sacred Seal. In my opinion, Hone Attack and Hone Speed benefit ranged units far more than melee units.

Now that I think about it, Brazen Atk/Spd threw that theory out the window, but at least it is balanced by neutering ranged unit's first round of combat and it is not released into the regular pool yet.

Also I just love how Airzura is perfectly timed with the Iote's Shield SS. Flier Emblem teams are rejoicing in the new year.

Ranged flier teams are basically complete with SF!Camilla, NS!Corrin, TOD!Nowi, and HNY!Azura. I guess if you want a full ranged flier team, you would still have to wait for a bow flier.

Melee flier teams are only missing Firesweep Axe at this point.

Gunnthra with Chilling Seal and double Threaten skills? (or add Res Ploy in there)

Cavalry teams are also rejoicing. Cecilia can finally stop juggling between both Gronnblade and Gronnraven builds. We just need a better red tome cavalry next.

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, they'll probably never release Fury as a Sacred Seal because it would make Eldigan really good since he could run that and his Fury-refined Mystletainn with something like Life & Death 3 (which would let him negate the defensive drops while getting +11 ATK and SPD, turning him into a very strong unit with decent SPD and still-pretty-high DEF and good HP) or Distant Counter.

I think players would stick with triple Fury instead of double Fury with Life and Death. Triple Fury guarantees Elgidan (even highly merged ones, or ones unlucky with HP boon) to drop to Desperation range after one round of combat, and a +Spd Eldigan with triple Fury has 37 Speed before buffs, which is not too shabby.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Or @Vaximillian how about Sharena with Fensalir (Threaten Atk), Threaten Spd, and Threaten Def?

I can’t think straight right now (I’m not exactly sober), but this seems fun for a master debuff build. Debuffs also work well with Gunnthrá!.. whom I don’t have.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can’t think straight right now (I’m not exactly sober), but this seems fun for a master debuff build. Debuffs also work well with Gunnthrá!.. whom I don’t have.

Give her Seal Res for debuffing all stats!

There's a use for your next Raigh at least :P

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Give her Seal Res for debuffing all stats!

There's a use for your next Raigh at least :P

My Raighs always have a use. They are 150 to 300 feathers no matter what.

That brat.

Hmm just came across this post while searching up the Heirs of Fate DLC info:

https://blackzagan.tumblr.com/post/169083524952/guys

Err minor spoilers for the DLC i guess? Basically they mention a line that they promise to say if they ever meet with each other again.

But basically it's an interesting detail, so the Fates kids we summon are the one from the Heirs of Fates DLC.

Shiro doesn't start with in English (or Shigure), but apparently Shiro starts with the same line in Japanese? Can you confirm @Ice Dragon (if you have him?). Does Shigure mention that line as well or not?

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Shiro doesn't start with in English (or Shigure), but apparently Shiro starts with the same line in Japanese? Can you confirm @Ice Dragon (if you have him?). Does Shigure mention that line as well or not?

Shigure: 「俺はシグレ。 俺の歌には…不思議な力があるんです。 一曲、聴いてみますか?」

Shiro: 「はじめまして。俺はシノノメだ! 父さんはリョウマって名だが、知ってるか? ここでは父さん以上に強くなって見せるぜ!」
Rhajat: 「はじめまして…私はシャラよ… 呪い師ツクヨミの娘… 貴方になら…手を貸さないこともないわ…」
Siegbert: 「はじめまして、私の名はジークベルト。 暗夜王国の王子マークスが私の父上だ。 私も未来の王として、精一杯力を尽くすよ。」
Soleil: 「はじめまして、あたしはソレイユ! 父さんはラズワルドっていうんだ。 女の子たちのために、かっこよく戦うよ!」

Assuming the "It's good to meet you" in English was originally "はじめまして" (hajimemashite: "It's nice to meet you [for the first time]") in Japanese, all of the Children of Fate characters do start their summon quotes with that line. Shigure does not.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Shigure: 俺はシグレ。 俺の歌には…不思議な力があるんです。 一曲、聴いてみますか?

Shiro: はじめまして。俺はシノノメだ! 父さんはリョウマって名だが、知ってるか? ここでは父さん以上に強くなって見せるぜ!
Rhajat: はじめまして…私はシャラよ… 呪い師ツクヨミの娘… 貴方になら…手を貸さないこともないわ…
Siegbert: はじめまして、私の名はジークベルト。 暗夜王国の王子マークスが私の父上だ。 私も未来の王として、精一杯力を尽くすよ。
Soleil: はじめまして、あたしはソレイユ! 父さんはラズワルドっていうんだ。 女の子たちのために、かっこよく戦うよ!

Assuming the "It's good to meet you" in English was originally "はじめまして" (hajimemashite: "It's nice to meet you [for the first time]") in Japanese, all of the Children of Fate characters do start their summon quotes with that line. Shigure does not.

Wow, that's a neat detail. Maybe that's why they mention their name whenever you select them, to introduce themselves again to other fellow Fates kids if they're on the same team. (Paging @Rezzy since you did mention about the whole "I'm so-and-so" thing)

It's a shame Shiro's isn't exactly translated but still, I guess they tried with the other 3

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Wow, that's a neat detail. Maybe that's why they mention their name whenever you select them, to introduce themselves again to other fellow Fates kids if they're on the same team. (Paging @Rezzy since you did mention about the whole "I'm so-and-so" thing)

It's a shame Shiro's isn't exactly translated but still, I guess they tried with the other 3

Wait, if it's hinted at that they are based off of the Heirs of Fate of DLC, then why do Shiro and Siegbert not have Raijinto and Siegfried respectively.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Wait, if it's hinted at that they are based off of the Heirs of Fate of DLC, then why do Shiro and Siegbert not have Raijinto and Siegfried respectively.

Well they only wield it when their fathers' fates were unknown after protecting them.

Since they return to their realms and you see the ending images of quality time with their fathers I guess a reset button happens in terms of wielding those weapons?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Well they only wield it when their fathers' fates were unknown after protecting them.

Since they return to their realms and you see the ending images of quality time with their fathers I guess a reset button happens in terms of wielding those weapons?

Yeah, I played the heirs of fate DLC and read how it was implied that when they gave there memories up of the event to save the day, they would lose there memories of the event and there ability to use the legendary weapons. A little sad that I now can't see Foresst with the Brynhildr, but I can handle it.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Yeah, I played the heirs of fate DLC and read how it was implied that when they gave there memories up of the event to save the day, they would lose there memories of the event and there ability to use the legendary weapons. A little sad that I now can't see Foresst with the Brynhildr, but I can handle it.

Well there's always seasonal/special event banners like the Dancer banner

After all, Shigure couldn't refresh in Fates

Since I got Takumi and Nephenee from the New Year's banner and I had 30k feathers already, I waited until today to train them up, since it meant I could promote two others to train up with them (with a boost of feathers from arena and sending a few more units home).

Barst and my favourite Pegasus female, Palla, were chosen this time round :)

I was tempted to go for Lon'qu over Palla, but I actually use her a lot, whereas poor Lon'qu would likely mostly be benched. He's next on the list, though, if I don't pull a 5* red ^.^

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

For people playing the non Japanese version, does Shiro yell a lot?

Not really. I mean, he does have Owain’s / Odin’s and Narcian’s VA (Kaiji Tang) so I suppose it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume that he also hams it up as Shiro but Shiro in English isn’t noticeably more gregarious than the average character IMO.

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not really. I mean, he does have Owain’s / Odin’s and Narcian’s VA (Kaiji Tang) so I suppose it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume that he also hams it up as Shiro but Shiro in English isn’t noticeably more gregarious than the average character IMO.

That's comforting to hear. He's too loud in the Japanese version for my liking. That's a shame since I like using enemy phase units. It's gonna be a bittersweet moment if I ever pull him.

Edited by tobuShogi

14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The derails never get old on this thread huh

You're trying to some filthy fury 6 strats eh? EHEHEHHEHE

The loss of Michalis still weighs heavy on me. Eldigan will have to do for now

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

We gonna talk about this right now

Reveal hidden contents

bSWhhLd.png

@Motendra Yo big man

what the shell are you doing?

Chill, I just got back into heroes like 2 weeks ago or sum after losing my account and a long hiatus. Gotta work my way back to the top

Couldn't help myself~

WksDDyk.png

20k feathers later and we've got another merge. +1 ATK and DEF. Still neutral though. +3 will give him +1 HP and RES and +4 will give him a delicious +1 ATK and SPD. Interestingly enough +ATK gives him more kills but a bane to literally any of his defenses gives him quite a few more losses. Still going to take +ATK/-anything but SPD when it comes my way, but it's just something to think about.

Also I came across this gem of a team in Arena Assault.

Spoiler

O4ZKiSj.jpg

Family's all here. I don't usually do stuff like this but I had to screencap it because I thought it was cute and overwhelmingly depressing as this would and could literally never actually happen. I was going to use a different team, but after seeing this I hate to take Arvis and Reinhardt. The team itself was actually really solid as well.

Xuhoqvt.pngWmyOJRH.png

acCPD0x.pngDl3TpUC.png

Then since Genny is a bonus unit in arena, I was able to take my Matthew team there to go up against some stronger opponents. And guess who I find waiting for me on the 2nd battle?

Spoiler

A9wNTuS.jpg

And yes I won. Matthew tanked 70% of the team with support. 

My only regret is that I didn't think to send this guy a friend request.