Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

They've always been able to, it just wasn't very useful, especially since the introduction of Wrathful and Dazzling taking up the B slot.

That may explain my surprise, thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe it's always been that way.

I think people just hear the restrictions on Fury, Life and Death, Seal Stat, Stat Smoke, and Poison Strike and assume the basic combat manipulation skills (Desperation, Vantage, Quick Riposte, Brash Assault, and Weaponbreaker) are also restricted.

Ok, now I even remember a certain +10 Azama having Warding stance. Shouldn't try to make big discoveries in the middle of the night. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It's hard to S-support Micaiah and Sothe when you're missing one of them

It's hard to S-support Micaiah and Ike when one resents the other. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's PoR Ike. Who never committed the crime of stealing Micaiah's spotlight. Unless Micaiah was secretly in PoR all along.

And genetically speaking, combining the strongest warrior in all of Tellius with the Heron Branded of Goddess channeling powers, should result in the true second coming of Altina, nay even better, the perfect heir to her and Lehran. Micaiah endorses this you know! What do you think she meant when she called Ike "the father of Sothe's children"? 

He committed the crime of invading Daein and handing it over to the Begnion Occupation Force. 

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon @Hilda When did it become possible for healers to inherit B-Slot skills like Vantage, QR(!!) etc.? 

Reveal hidden contents

gVHhN5u.png

qKy3ryk.png

sRLUJYV.png

I wanted to give Sakura ATK+3 from a 4* Gordin, but I was puzzled by Vantage being inheritable for her. I checked if I could give her Fury from a Hinata, but that didn't work. 

You could build a Defiant ATK/Desperation healer though:

Hide contents

CRysiBc.png

Reveal hidden contents

DGNv9mN.png

this was allways the case it just wasnt usefull because A Healer attack was shit without Wrathfull staff (B- Slot) so there was no reason to put any of those skills in without Wrath-full stat.

2. Getting into Vantage  range is a pita for Healers because they cant use Fury.
3. Desperation has become useless anyway if you run the Wrath + Dazzling combo
4. Quick Riposte is useless on almost all Healers, because the ones that have the attack power, usually run a defense of a poop-fly and the ones that have the defense to run quick riposte and close counter have the attack power of a fluff (Azama). Well I guess you could tackle a QR Seal if you are hell bent and give it to Genny or so to take out mages.

Besides a Team of mine in Arena Assault got annihilated by a Maria... that did run 47 SPD and Arkanum... it was mildly saying disgusting lol. She literally killed all my Team members. Granted she was +10 and my units were +0, still... not even Micaiah survived her lol.

Another Healer also ended my Deathless Arena Assault run... Sakura+10 with Arkanum, Brazen Atk/SPD Absorb. +3 SPD seal and she basicly one shout my +0 Hector and i couldnt ORKO with one of my units. Anyway still managed to finally get my Deathless Arena Assault run...

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@mampfoid Thanks for the brilliant idea to make Elise shine even more :lol:

Though maybe not with Desperation, i like Wrazzle Dazzle too much.

With +ATK nature, Brazen ATK/SPD, Wrazzle refinement and Hone Cav buff, Elise could reach 61 ATK and 55 SPD. 

Now that I think of it, of course Dazzle is better than Desperation. 

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

this was allways the case it just wasnt usefull because A Healer attack was shit without Wrathfull staff (B- Slot) so there was no reason to put any of those skills in without Wrath-full stat.

2. Getting into Vantage  range is a pita for Healers because they cant use Fury.
3. Desperation has become useless anyway if you run the Wrath + Dazzling combo
4. Quick Riposte is useless on almost all Healers, because the ones that have the attack power, usually run a defense of a poop-fly and the ones that have the defense to run quick riposte and close counter have the attack power of a fluff (Azama). Well I guess you could tackle a QR Seal if you are hell bent and give it to Genny or so to take out mages.

Besides a Team of mine in Arena Assault got annihilated by a Maria... that did run 47 SPD and Arkanum... it was mildly saying disgusting lol. She literally killed all my Team members. Granted she was +10 and my units were +0, still... not even Micaiah survived her lol.

Another Healer also ended my Deathless Arena Assault run... Sakura+10 with Arkanum, Brazen Atk/SPD Absorb. +3 SPD seal and she basicly one shout my +0 Hector and i couldnt ORKO with one of my units. Anyway still managed to finally get my Deathless Arena Assault run...

I hope I didn't wake you up. 

Good to know Brazen ATK/SPD is possible, even if that skill is way too hard to get. 

Guess I made some fuzz about nothing. Next time I'll sleep over my sensational findings before to post them. ;-)

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

DISGUSTING

I just S supported Miccy and Sothe on my file :P:

Everyone knows that Ike x Sothe is canon.

c0LHf02.jpg?1

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

With how many Fredericks you've pulled, I wouldn't be surprised if you have at least one of every possible nature! lol

It wouldn't surprise me.

56 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

He committed the crime of invading Daein and handing it over to the Begnion Occupation Force. 

Let's not get into this baleful discussion on the Heroes board- it's too relaxing for it. I think I recall your points on this before, and I don't think either of us are going to change on this front (which is precisely the kind of argument I try to avoid getting into on the Internet since it's a waste of human existence). I'll concede that some intel work on what Ashy was doing in Crimea would have been nice (but do recall this isn't the modern day- assume their intel collecting abilities are far more limited), yet I won't take this any further. 'K?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Valflame's original effect was +10 Mag, +10 Def, and +10 Res on top of the 30 Mt shared by all of Jugdral's legendary weapons. Basically a relatively balanced boost to the primary offensive and primary defensive stats.

Valflame's current effect of Atk Ploy and Res Ploy does exactly that in a roundabout manner. Atk Ploy is effectively a boost to his Def and Res, and Res Ploy is effectively a boost to his Atk.

Interesting you were able to work that out. Looking forward to any creative reworking of old weapon effects the developers may try, and whatever brand new Heroes exclusive effects they do.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Cue Valentine's Sigurd with Spd Ploy. :p

Just give us this:

Spoiler

Sigurd

Except replace the sword with a red rose and turn the cape's exterior red. Totally naked otherwise plus rose covered bed replacing horse optional.

This also makes me think Sigurd would make a great matador. We need a real SMTxFire Emblem. Blue Capote + Andachalphylucia would be fiendishly good.

@Rezzy Don't remind me how much we need Nailah, and Rafiel since I refuse to separate the two. And by indirect implication Volug, because we need the silent type in this game (I would love to see his quips!), and more abs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Everyone knows that Ike x Sothe is canon.

Oh hey, it’s Micaiah’s only positive contribution in that entire game.

Though really, I might’ve actually liked her if she had more moments like that where she switches into being a snarky asshole. Well, and if she didn’t go through with that one stunt in Act 3 but that’s another thing entirely.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Though really, I might’ve actually liked her if she had more moments like that where she switches into being a snarky asshole. Well, and if she didn’t go through with that one stunt in Act 3 but that’s another thing entirely.

Everyone jokes (terribly unfunny now might I add) when Arvis holds a fatal barbecue. But when Micaiah wants to give Sanaki a back rub with lots of oil, it's always taken seriously? What gives?! Flora also is treated lightly when she makes herself all warm on the inside, and Robin is largely criticized for hosting the hottest yacht party ever.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Everyone jokes (terribly unfunny now might I add) when Arvis holds a fatal barbecue. But when Micaiah wants to give Sanaki a back rub with lots of oil, it's always taken seriously? What gives?! Flora also is treated lightly when she makes herself all warm on the inside, and Robin is largely criticized for hosting the hottest yacht party ever.

I wish I knew too. I suppose Arvis's deal gets a whole lot more attention since it had major ramifications as to how the rest of FE4 would play out while Micaiah's only caused a brief setback but that still doesn't entirely explain it. At times, it really does seem like what does and doesn't become a meme is completely arbitrary.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let's not get into this baleful discussion on the Heroes board- it's too relaxing for it. I think I recall your points on this before, and I don't think either of us are going to change on this front (which is precisely the kind of argument I try to avoid getting into on the Internet since it's a waste of human existence). I'll concede that some intel work on what Ashy was doing in Crimea would have been nice (but do recall this isn't the modern day- assume their intel collecting abilities are far more limited), yet I won't take this any further. 'K?

Interesting you were able to work that out. Looking forward to any creative reworking of old weapon effects the developers may try, and whatever brand new Heroes exclusive effects they do.

Just give us this:

Reveal hidden contents

Sigurd

Except replace the sword with a red rose and turn the cape's exterior red. Totally naked otherwise plus rose covered bed replacing horse optional.

This also makes me think Sigurd would make a great matador. We need a real SMTxFire Emblem. Blue Capote + Andachalphylucia would be fiendishly good.

@Rezzy Don't remind me how much we need Nailah, and Rafiel since I refuse to separate the two. And by indirect implication Volug, because we need the silent type in this game (I would love to see his quips!), and more abs.

It was a light-hearted joke considering the seriousness of the discussion at hand. The Micaiah in Heroes is pre-light sage and she'd never S rank Ike because she views Ike negatively for what I just said. I did enjoy that discussion but I don't remember your input on it since I was debating it with omega, ping, NekoKnight and Etrurian Emperor. 

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

All I want out of a Radiant Dawn remake...is actual support conversations instead of generic one liners. That's all.

I'd add a faster engine too. The model animations are nice but I really dislike the turns that take like 30 minutes thanks to having your units, the enemy, yellow and green units moving around so slowly (I can't forget the bunch of beast laguz marching at a snail pace only to get killed and block my path in 3-E when I was looking to 1 shot Micaiah as fast as possible).

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Five promised orbs for the survey are finally here! A potential Bartre cannot be missed.

All it got me was a higher pity rate looking for Gray since his banner finishes soon :(

Damm you Raigh

I hate red hell.

I wonder what the next banner is? I hope it's weapons to refine part 3- Linde still needs a turn (and hey she's a bonus unit!) Sanaki and Jeorge would be good as well to showcase their upgrades.

Edited by mcsilas

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Five promised orbs for the survey are finally here! A potential Bartre cannot be missed.

Those orbs were a beautiful thing. I finally got Yune and her trainer, but we don't talk about that league loser and with that I can say goodbye to the RD banner.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I hope it's weapons to refine part 3- Linde still needs a turn (and hey she's a bonus unit!) Sanaki and Jeorge would be good as well to showcase their upgrades.

LINDE PLS
She’s my most wanted hero since release along with Lucina. Even though I’m not a huge fan of her art, her voice is charming.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Those orbs were a beautiful thing. I finally got Yune and her trainer, but we don't talk about that league loser and with that I can say goodbye to the RD banner.

The best birb got me her trainer again yesterday, and I was able to do this:
Screenshot_20180116-221415.png

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Micaiah ripped off a certain someone else with the whole "has a bird perched on their hand in their art" thing? Well, that certain someone else certainly didn't let that go both unnoticed and unpunished.

Spoiler

MgjrZSe.png?1

In my totally unbiased opinion: Henry's Honchkrow > Yune

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm sure she'll be on a legendary banner eventually. 

That and/or a Heroes with Distant Defense banner with Celica and Rhajat. I also entirely expect a Micaiah and Sothe BHB to happen at some point.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Micaiah ripped off a certain someone else with the whole "has a bird perched on their hand in their art" thing?

Certain someone she ripped off the whole “reaches towards a bird in their art” thing is actually Mystery Caeda:
Caeda_(FE3_Artwork).png

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Certain someone she ripped off the whole “reaches towards a bird in their art” thing is actually Mystery Caeda:

True, but her artist in FEH chose to not depict her with a bird so that just leaves ToD!Henry and Micaiah as the ones who fit that criteria in the context of just FEH. I'd try to have Caeda beat Micaiah up in retribution as well, but she's too much of a sweetheart to want to go through with it unlike Henry and his unquenchable thirst for blood.

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That and/or a Heroes with Distant Defense banner with Celica and Rhajat. I also entirely expect a Micaiah and Sothe BHB to happen at some point.

Very true. I can be patient. Yeah right. My track record shows otherwise. I also didn't realize that our Effective Against Cavalry banner ends tomorrow. I wonder if we'll get an Effective Against Armors next. But I feel like that banner would be a little underwhelming... 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I wonder if we'll get an Effective Against Armors next. But I feel like that banner would be a little underwhelming... 

I’d love me a Hana or a dozen. Or a Selena.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’d love me a Hana or a dozen. Or a Selena.

Or a Bartre. 

I wouldn't mind a Caeda for merges...and at least Hana has LaD... But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if there are any 5* exclusive armorslaying weapons. 

EDIT: Aside from Thani I suppose.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria