Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It's not bad, I'm just used to the super-flamy stuff from my Roys. 

It’s not bad. None of the art used in the game is bad.

My extremely subjective opinion is that it’s somewhat lazy.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It’s not bad. None of the art used in the game is bad.

My extremely subjective opinion is that it’s somewhat lazy.

While non of the art is bad, I'm slightly disappointed of Cordelias art for example. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

While non of the art is bad, I'm slightly disappointed of Cordelias art for example. 

I actually prefer vanilla Cordelia to bride Cordelia, artwise. A focused professional.
Mayo does amazing art, but her Bridal Cordelia looks too cutesy for my liking.

Then again, it’s just me. I also prefer stylish vanilla Eliwood to generic Valentine’s Eliwood.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I actually prefer vanilla Cordelia to bride Cordelia, artwise. A focused professional.
Mayo does amazing art, but her Bridal Cordelia looks too cutesy for my liking.

Then again, it’s just me. I also prefer stylish vanilla Eliwood to generic Valentine’s Eliwood.

I like the bride art, but not the (out of place) bride theme. Lance Cordelia has got a good attacking, special and injured art, but her standard portrait art seems just odd and awkward. I can't explain it better, but her face looks better in her Awakening art (I shouldn't be biased, since I played Heroes first). 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Agreed. Which is why despite our feather income increasing manifold, our feather expenses increased at the same pace or even faster. Rocks income could also have been higher. I (an average-skilled half-casual player) been able to forge four weapons since the introduction of the feature: two Hautecleres, Wing Sword, and Marth’s Falchion. Now there are Sieglinde’s and Wind Brand’s forges incoming, as well as pre-existing Sol Katti and the fresh Basilikos in the queue. I don’t know how we are supposed to keep up with that, and whether we are anyway.

Yeah, this is my one problem with Heroes right now. After downing all my Divine Dew on Hauteclere, Basilikos and Deathly Dagger, there's still twice if not thrice as many weapons I would like to refine.
I do like they limit how many refines we can get, but the current rate is few steps too far in that reaction I think.

Speaking of Basilikos, I finally got down to start working on Raven. Except I decided to go for a 4* +10 but forgot I sent home about 5 of him just before the refine was announced lol. 4*+3 Raven FTW.

My daily reminder to look before acting.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Never got a +SPD Caeda. She won't see the arena though, +ATK should be fast enough for most other content. 

+Spd Caeda is for a Player Phase set if you really care about fighting Spd-stacked enemies, imo. I would consider +Atk better for everything else.

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

L'Arachel (+ATK -RES) - She is fabulous. Nothing more needs to be said. I decided to go with +ATK because I don't plan to do a -blade build. And -RES because -DEF is a superbane.

+Spd is totally fine for an Ivaldi set, imo, and is already a solid 50 Atk before whatever A Passive you give her and Hone Cavalry. Not that there’s anything wrong with +Atk, I think it just comes down to preference. I like -Res myself too, it’s not like she needs all of those 31 Res points to take a hit from a Red (non-blade) mage, assuming a Desperation set.

That said, I’d pick Arvis or L’Arachel myself, partially because I’m a little mage biased. I’d lean Arvis...Valflame is definitely worth it.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

+Spd Caeda is for a Player Phase set if you really care about fighting Spd-stacked enemies, imo. I would consider +Atk better for everything else.

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Thanks for the confirmation! At Level 38 she already learned Draw Back (came with Desperation 2), Desperation 3, Glacies, Iceberg (came with Desperation 3) plus her own skills. Her training partner Barst (4* +SPD/-RES) is staring the most time in awe. 

One second I thought of giving her my sole Swift Sparrow, but I guess Fury/Desperation is a solid route for her. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks for the confirmation! At Level 38 she already learned Draw Back (came with Desperation 2), Desperation 3, Glacies, Iceberg (came with Desperation 3) plus her own skills. Her training partner Barst (4* +SPD/-RES) is staring the most time in awe. 

One second I thought of giving her my sole Swift Sparrow, but I guess Fury/Desperation is a solid route for her. 

Yeah, Fury is fine. Swift Sparrow is cool for a PP set, but she can live without it, especially on a Flier Team. I honestly expect that most people without a heavy Caeda bias would go with Fury for her A slot.

Now that I have Ephraim, I started moving back to the Fallen Heroes banner to try to get Hardin, but no luck so far, between the 20 celebration orbs and most of the orbs from the monthly quests. Which isn't a surprise, since that's not many orbs, but it's still frustrating. Hoping I can get him before the banner ends, but with only about a week left, I don't think I can scrounge up enough orbs for good odds.

Also Zelgius has to pick this exact time to hang around complicating things too, because he's another DC armor I want. I don't think I'll be going for him, though. Hardin is a higher priority and on a 3-character banner rather than a 4-character one, and I'd really like to go back to stockpiling orbs at some point. Hopefully I'll be able to find some way to ignore the next few main banners, since the list of noteworthy stuff I'm missing just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Ignoring the next legendary hero banner should be easy enough, but I do think I'll end up going for future Wind/Fire heroes.

15 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wtf i just learned Caeda's wing sword is a flashing blade

and i was wondering why everyone suddenly hypes her so much, thats some good shit

LOL duh, Wing Sword for the win. Even without the special refinement, having effective damage against both Cavalry and Armors is really good. I've run into someone in the Arena who went with the Defense refinement for it over Flashing Blade. She can become deceptively tanky. 

I'm kind of surprised the monthly quests haven't been changed up by now.  Even just simple changes that run on a rotation, like one month will include a Training Tower quest requiring a team of tome wielders, or dragons, the next what we normally have.  Running the Training Tower with standard -Emblem teams and replaying story maps with the same basic requirements got old a long time ago.

32 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm kind of surprised the monthly quests haven't been changed up by now.  Even just simple changes that run on a rotation, like one month will include a Training Tower quest requiring a team of tome wielders, or dragons, the next what we normally have.  Running the Training Tower with standard -Emblem teams and replaying story maps with the same basic requirements got old a long time ago.

That plus I wish they would find a way to motivate players to replay the full story. Perhaps with certain team restrictions, or to start with a level 1 team. 

I'm tired. 12 hours of university can be tedious. My brain is all mushy. I'm also sleep deprived. On my way home right now.

Anyone else think the new banner is going to be a Binding Blade one? Zephiel's GHB comes out a day after when the banner hits.

Edited by silveraura25

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm tired. 12 hours of university can be tedious. My brain is all mushy. I'm also sleep deprived. On my way home right now.

Anyone else think the new banner is going to be a Binding Blade one? Zephiel's GHB comes out a day after when the banner hits.

That's not something I had thought of, but it would make sense.

Who would be on it though? And would we get a Karel alt? I remember that game had a couple of refreshers, so do you think we might see one of them added to the regular pool?

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

That's not something I had thought of, but it would make sense.

Who would be on it though? And would we get a Karel alt? I remember that game had a couple of refreshers, so do you think we might see one of them added to the regular pool?

There was a blind bard and a loud mouthed dancer who was "eeeeeeee" most of the time. Personally, I'd like to see 100% crit Rutger, Gonzales and Meilady

What I don't like about the monthly Quests is that clearing the 5th Stratum 10 times should not give the same 1 orb reward as clearing the 10th Stratum 15 times with Infantry/Armor/Cavalry/Flyer teams. Those should give 2 or 3 orbs.

Also, why do none of the monthly quests give Refinement stones or Sacred Seal coins??

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn was literally my first five-star ever and carried me through so much for so long. I even got a duplicate whom I gleefully merged into the original because levelling up was kind of slow. Then I found out she was −Atk. This didn’t stop me from enjoying using her. Fortunately, I was able to get my third Lyn on the CYL gauntlet banner, which made me a very happy cat.

We must be the same person!

Lyn was my workhorse for much of the genesis of Heroes, but likewise to you I later discovered she had an attack bane. Down the line I neglected her (shame on me) until said banner was released, and after many pulls I eventually got my +Attack Lyn. I gave her my summoner support and now she’s got the second highest rating in my lineup (207) only behind my +10 merged Nowi.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

What I don't like about the monthly Quests is that clearing the 5th Stratum 10 times should not give the same 1 orb reward as clearing the 10th Stratum 15 times with Infantry/Armor/Cavalry/Flyer teams. Those should give 2 or 3 orbs.

Also, why do none of the monthly quests give Refinement stones or Sacred Seal coins??

Basically this.

I feel like there was a time where we got 3 orbs for those "clear the 10th stratum with ___ team" quests. It might have been a one time thing way back when the game started. That might have been before these became the monthly quests... But I also remember getting quests like "Kill enemies using *insert focus unit here*." Also not monthly quests, but I still remember them because the only way I managed to complete a few was through the VG since I went several banners without pulling a focus.

I feel like this is something I could have provided feedback for on that survey they sent out. Different quests and new rewards would be nice. Or more quests with new rewards would be even better. I feel like the Arena quests could easily give us Sacred Coins and ore.

42 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Basically this.

I feel like there was a time where we got 3 orbs for those "clear the 10th stratum with ___ team" quests. It might have been a one time thing way back when the game started. That might have been before these became the monthly quests... But I also remember getting quests like "Kill enemies using *insert focus unit here*." Also not monthly quests, but I still remember them because the only way I managed to complete a few was through the VG since I went several banners without pulling a focus.

I feel like this is something I could have provided feedback for on that survey they sent out. Different quests and new rewards would be nice. Or more quests with new rewards would be even better. I feel like the Arena quests could easily give us Sacred Coins and ore.

Yeah they reduced it to 1 orb annoyingly enough- even before the TT refresh button was implemented

And also the famous armour quests when not many people even had armours.

that said i also remember missions like clear a story mission with Hana. Or use all sword units/armours and then it would be the annoying story map with Nino and Raven with breakable walls....

or that tike where you great badges if you kill with Julia, Seliph, Ephraim or Eirika- if you were even lucky to pull them

They've changed monthly quests once before, I think in the last six months. I believe the Monthly (3) quests used to give you shards for normal mode, more shards for Hard mode, and Crystals for Lunatic. Then they just upgraded the tiers so that lunatic quests reward actual items. Also I want to say the "win battles in Arena" quests of Monthly(1) used to reward increasing numbers of arena crests before they were swapped to 100, 300, and 500 feathers. Would be nice if stones appeared as quest rewards. If they're not down with adding entirely new quests, I'd gladly trade the one orb from tenth stratum quests for them. I could also ask for divine dew as a standalone quest reward since that's what I ultimately want the stones for.

With the Blessed Gardens mode requiring either legendary heroes or blessed heroes corresponding to the maps, I wonder if it might be a good idea for it to be how Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena become legendary heroes and essentially promote like in the main FE games. Of course, this would lock them out of the maps they aren't a legendary hero of, but it would provide everyone legendary heroes for the maps in addition to "buffing" the Askr trio. For one, it could work as an excuse for the developers to not give us non-story legendary heroes if everyone can make Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena into legendary heroes alongside Fjorm, probably Gunnthra, and vanguard Ike who was voted as the People's Hero. There's also the issue of how would you get them into the map in the first place like let's say Anna becomes a legendary hero of wind who gives +3 HP/Spd to wind blessed heroes. Well, you would need a Wind Blessing for her to become one. They could somehow program it so that she can enter the map without needing a blessing because it would be her promotion map.

Edited by Kaden

I feel they've kind of dug themselves into a hole in that regard. I mean, currently any of the trio can already hold any blessing, so retroactively making the same unit into a Legendary Hero would probably require refunding that blessing. Further, them starting at 2-star rarity is another roadblock towards upgrading them: you either make a 5-star promotion a prerequisite towards evolving them, which is a royal pain for those who haven't trained them, or you make it doable at any rarity which kind of rips off people who've already invested heavily in them.

Odd at it might seem in terms of story implications, I'm thinking their new versions should probably simply be completely separate units that exist independently of the original version, simply because it results in the fewest number of headaches in terms of implementing them.