• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve used her a whole lot. Spd/Def.

Oh nice. I should probably merge my +Atk/-Def one to the +Spd/-Def one then. Although Lilina is probably a better bladetomer now in my team, so maybe I should switch Celica to Gronnraven duties.

Do you change her for Gronnraven as well or is she purely a bladetomer now?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Do you change her for Gronnraven as well or is she purely a bladetomer now?

She’s mostly a bladetomer (I don’t have any other green mage cav) but her TA2 Gronnraven (didn’t have a Roy at that time) was invaluable for the Raven & Lucius BHB.

I probably shouldn't have waited so long to answer all this. New game: Find your quote ^^' 

13 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Although I definitely would prefer +Spd on Caeda rather than +Atk.

Never got a +SPD Caeda. She won't see the arena though, +ATK should be fast enough for most other content. 

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

We only get one notification anyway. Or at least, I only got one.

Good, so free tagging, yeah! 

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Anyways, congratulations on your excellent decision! I guarantee that you won’t regret it.

12 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid Congratulations on your new Caeda. Can’t go wrong with her.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Grats on your Caeda by the way. I've got a +ATK/-RES one, but she's on the backburner. Have fun with her!.

Thanks everybody! Leveling her is fun so far (with Glacies + QP seal). 

13 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I've gotta wonder, how overshadowed does Lloyd get compared to the rest of the red infantry.

Actually I saw one pretty good Lloyd in arena. He had all possible merges and fancy skills. That's the good thing about FEH, if you really like a unit, you can make it work. 

11 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Hey, that's the same nature as mine!  +Atk Caeda is always a wise investment.  Personally I've been satisfied with Iceberg so far and would recommend it especially if you can get her Hone Fliers support. 

QP seal makes Glacies proc in the first round of combat, which is already pretty cool. If she had higher ATK, I'd have given her Astra for the cooler animation and because it's a precondition for Galeforce. 

11 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Narcian should definitely be your next promotion. >:)

He will be promoted, but especially now I have plenty strong green Fliers. I'm planning a flying gem team with him, Palla and Subaki. 

10 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Caeda for sure. I love using my +Atk/-Hp Caeda, however she is +10 with Distant Counter...

Mine is unlikely to ever arrive to that point. Getting Galeforce fodder would be more than enough already for me now.  

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I wish you could switch Blessings without wasting them.  I gave Xander an Earth Blessing a couple weeks ago, but now the Fire Blessing would work much better on him, since it increases Def, and Ephraim has horse synergy, but I can't justify wasting the Blessing I already used on him.

Chances are high the next legendary heroes will boost other stats. I don't think that blessing on Xander is wasted. 

8 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I still really want those two, who knows when Summer Corrin will be around again, and Fjorm will probably be back so it's possible she'll replace Ephraim next month. But I'm not made of orbs, and the thought of another Shiro coming up is soul-crushing.

I actually got 2 Shiros in 1 pull (with today's free orbs) while wanting Ephraim and Corrin. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Also, this just happened:

Oh cool, are you going for the +10 greenest lady?

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh cool, are you going for the +10 greenest lady?

Yeah, slow and steady. She’s already among my highest-merged five-stars along with Lyn and Reinhardt.

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I actually got 2 Shiros in 1 pull (with today's free orbs) while wanting Ephraim and Corrin.

Ouch. Did you at least get a good nature?

Was thinking about saving feathers, but I figure why not use them now? We'll be getting a lot more with the VG. At least that's the dream. IDK who to promote. I'm putting off merge projects for now. Though at the moment, I have enough Adult Tikis and Leons to finish them off. Just want to promote the characters I've been putting off. Who should I promote? 

• Arvis - I've definitely neglected this guy. I want to put him on a team with Gunnthra. I think his debuffs will patch up her -ATK
  • Abel (+ATK -HP) - Mostly because the Bull needs his Panther. Abel's outclassed, but Cain and Abel are like PB&J. One's just sad without the other. Unless of course you're allergic to one.
  • Roderick (+SPD -DEF) - Pretty much the same reason as Abel. Luke needs Roderick. I also want to play with the Firesweep Lance.
  • L'Arachel (+ATK -RES) - She is fabulous. Nothing more needs to be said. I decided to go with +ATK because I don't plan to do a -blade build. And -RES because -DEF is a superbane.
  • Niles (+SPD -DEF) - One of my faves. He's not amazing by any means, but c'mon. He could probably be fun with a guard bow.
  • Soren (+SPD -DEF) - A new merge base for my +ATK -DEF Soren. I've been wanting +SPD for a while...and while he's technically a merge, not a +10 merge. Just getting him ready for the update.
  • Sothe (+SPD -HP) - Same as Soren. A new merge base for my +HP -DEF Sothe. One of my fave characters, and I want to do him justice.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, slow and steady. She’s already among my highest-merged five-stars along with Lyn and Reinhardt.

I can smell highly merged cheese. ;-) 

But all three are cool and strong units, I'm using them as well often enough. 

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Ouch. Did you at least get a good nature?

l already got a +HP/-RES one, so it wasn't even a new unit. The new ones are both +ATK/-HP ... when I'm doubling, then 100% it seems. 

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Was thinking about saving feathers, but I figure why not use them now? We'll be getting a lot more with the VG. At least that's the dream. IDK who to promote. I'm putting off merge projects for now. Though at the moment, I have enough Adult Tikis and Leons to finish them off. Just want to promote the characters I've been putting off. Who should I promote? 

• Arvis - I've definitely neglected this guy. I want to put him on a team with Gunnthra. I think his debuffs will patch up her -ATK
  • Abel (+ATK -HP) - Mostly because the Bull needs his Panther. Abel's outclassed, but Cain and Abel are like PB&J. One's just sad without the other. Unless of course you're allergic to one.
  • Roderick (+SPD -DEF) - Pretty much the same reason as Abel. Luke needs Roderick. I also want to play with the Firesweep Lance.
  • L'Arachel (+ATK -RES) - She is fabulous. Nothing more needs to be said. I decided to go with +ATK because I don't plan to do a -blade build. And -RES because -DEF is a superbane.
  • Niles (+SPD -DEF) - One of my faves. He's not amazing by any means, but c'mon. He could probably be fun with a guard bow.
  • Soren (+SPD -DEF) - A new merge base for my +ATK -DEF Soren. I've been wanting +SPD for a while...and while he's technically a merge, not a +10 merge. Just getting him ready for the update.
  • Sothe (+SPD -HP) - Same as Soren. A new merge base for my +HP -DEF Sothe. One of my fave characters, and I want to do him justice.

Arvis is cool and he has got good synergy with Gunnthra (who will boost his RES). He is the only one of these I've got at 5* rarity, so I can't tell much about the others. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I can smell highly merged cheese. ;-) 

But all three are cool and strong units, I'm using them as well often enough. 

Cheese? Barely. Horses don’t score high in the arena unless really high-merged, and I’m quite far from that yet. And ranged horses don’t score high at all. And Cecilia got removed from the bonus rotations. And even more.

I want a spare Nephenee to give Wrath to my Lyn. Or the devs to make Wrath available on a four-star character, even locked at five-stars. I also want dew to forge Sol Katti. So many projects, so little resources.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cheese? Barely. Horses don’t score high in the arena unless really high-merged, and I’m quite far from that yet. And ranged horses don’t score high at all. And Cecilia got removed from the bonus rotations. And even more.

I wasn't serious, playing horses got much harder recently. Everybody seems to be effective against them, maps have obstacles only for them and they need very high merges to score enough in arena. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So many projects, so little resources.

Amen. 

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I also want dew to forge Sol Katti. So many projects, so little resources.

That's the only Lyn I ever wanted (got Bride and Rider Lyn), but never got. How could a Galeforce unit evade me? 

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hold off until you find out what Soren's shiny new weapon brings to the table. If it has +3 Spd on it you might not want to switch his nature.

I would have to say Arvis or Sothe because they bring something that a lot of other units don't. Arvis with Gunnthra would be a really good synergy. I actually chose a +Spd/-Atk Gunnthra as a base because of her pseudo blade effect on her weapon.

@Rafiel's Aria Go Arvis, he deserves to have Valflame! Plus you'll be needing him in the upcoming rerun anyway and Ploy debuffs are so fun to use.

Huh, didn't know L'Arachel's Def is a superbane. Guess my +Spd/-Res is suddenly a contender for an upgrade in the future then! (I thought -Res wasn't the best bane since she has a decent Res stat, but I guess if going player phase it doesn't matter?)

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I wasn't serious, playing horses got much harder recently. Everybody seems to be effective against them, maps have obstacles only for them and they need very high merges to score enough in arena. 

Amen. 

That's the only Lyn I ever wanted (got Bride and Rider Lyn), but never got. How could a Galeforce unit evade me? 

Ah, my apologies. Emotions are hard to catch in a written text. But yeah, it’s rather annoying how much they crack down on horses recently, while their sudden boner for knights prospers.

Even though feathers are certainly much more abundant than a year ago (it took me a month to promote my first five-star, Sharena, and I’ve already promoted three units during last two weeks), there are now much more units who want them than a year ago. Physically gating weapon forge by time doesn’t help.

Lyn was literally my first five-star ever and carried me through so much for so long. I even got a duplicate whom I gleefully merged into the original because levelling up was kind of slow. Then I found out she was −Atk. This didn’t stop me from enjoying using her. Fortunately, I was able to get my third Lyn on the CYL gauntlet banner, which made me a very happy cat.

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Soren I'd hold off on promoting until we see what Wind Brand does and how it synergizes with what Soren's statline and base skillset does. Unless of course it sucks and Gronnblade is still the best for him, which who knows that may very well be the case.

Out of the units you've listed, I've played with Arvis, Abel, Soren, and Sothe. Roderick I can say would be scary if built around his Firesweep Lance (LnD3 and Drag Back on Horse Emblem), Abel would do well as a DB3 Brave Lancer on Horse Emblem.

I'm not so sure about Niles tbh. His Res is good sure, and DD9 would give him 52 res on counterattack against ranged units, but his Speed even on Boon is still quite average for a unit going against magic users who are either powerful TA3 raventomes (forcing you to pack Cancel Affinity 3 over any other skill), speedy Bladetome users, speedy bladetome users on Cav/Flier/Armor emblem, or Reinhardt (who actually wouldn't be that big a problem against 52 Res without Moonbow actually...)

I'd advocate for Arvis and Sothe personally. Your current Sothe may as well be Neutral nature right now, and Arvis is a good support unit between his Ploy skills, Recover Ring combined with Ardent Sacrifice (Arvis Sacrifice anyone?), and still having the ability to strike down greens when necessary (My own Arvis can actually strike down Ployed B!Ikes).

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, my apologies. Emotions are hard to catch in a written text.

Yeah, that's true (even more so in a non-native language). To be honest sometimes I have even trouble to find the "friendly-teasing" mode in RL without people thinking I'm a jackass. ^^

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even though feathers are certainly much more abundant than a year ago (it took me a month to promote my first five-star, Sharena, and I’ve already promoted three units during last two weeks), there are now much more units who want them than a year ago. Physically gating weapon forge by time doesn’t help.

Merging units and inheriting 5* exclusive skills eats also a lot of feathers. Most concerning is the lack of dew to make the older units strong again. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, that's true (even more so in a non-native language). To be honest sometimes I have even trouble to find the "friendly-teasing" mode in RL without people thinking I'm a jackass. ^^

Merging units and inheriting 5* exclusive skills eats also a lot of feathers. Most concerning is the lack of dew to make the older units strong again. 

I wish we could get some Divine Dew or Refining Stones in the new mode

Actually you know what would've been a good reward for the Tap Battle mode? A free 5 star upgrade for anyone in your Tap Battle Team your first clearing!

You save 20k feathers!

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Agreed. Which is why despite our feather income increasing manifold, our feather expenses increased at the same pace or even faster. Rocks income could also have been higher. I (an average-skilled half-casual player) been able to forge four weapons since the introduction of the feature: two Hautecleres, Wing Sword, and Marth’s Falchion. Now there are Sieglinde’s and Wind Brand’s forges incoming, as well as pre-existing Sol Katti and the fresh Basilikos in the queue. I don’t know how we are supposed to keep up with that, and whether we are anyway.

Three solid votes for Arvis and some good food for thought from @Xenomata seems pretty solid. @Hawk King I actually chose +SPD -ATK for my Gunnthra's merge base as well. I pulled one with a more neutral nature, but her ATK isn't that bad with -ATK, and +SPD is really handy. 

Maybe she'll be Deirdre-y enough to distract him while Sigurd's off with his wife.

@mcsilas I probably don't plan to use L'Arachel in the Arena or anything, so the superbane doesn't matter as much, but I feel like DEF, RES, and HP are all acceptable banes for her. RES just affects her ability to ploy things. Even so, 28 RES as bulk itself isn't awful, especially when combined with buffs and Fury if that's the thing you want. I have a couple of +SPD -DEF L'Arachels...but I don't want to get rid of her Ivaldi for the -blade tome. Plus Ursula is my OG horse -blade mage.

...I also realized that I got a +ATK Soleil at 4 stars, but I also pulled her at 5 stars recently, so I can wait to promote the more optimal copy. Part of me kind of wants to wait for +SPD too... But so much ATK is so beautiful....

(Also thanks to @mampfoid almost forgot to tag.)

So I somehow ended up with three Vectors. I’m not into the whole merging thing (although I was very tempted to do so in this case) so I had Florina vore her husband d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ and what better way to celebrate than to kill more Vectors?

Spoiler

tBaptz1.jpg

7ApTFlE.jpg

This one happened to be a +atk too and she still took it.

a̶ ̶W̶E̶!̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶

Did another pull... I didn't get any 5-stars, but got 2 new units! First time in a while that's happened. +atk -hp David Boey and +hp -spd The Rachel. She could do with a better nature, but after pulling about 50 blues on the dancer banners without either her or Reinhardt showing up, I'll take what I can get.

I just recognized Caeda's special art is not that different from her attack art. 

48 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Actually you know what would've been a good reward for the Tap Battle mode? A free 5 star upgrade for anyone in your Tap Battle Team your first clearing!

I wouldn't like to be forced to play that mode, because my fingers are too clumsy to be competitive. That's part of the reason why I'm playing FEH: You can ponder forever (more or less). 

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I (an average-skilled half-casual player) been able to forge four weapons since the introduction of the feature: two Hautecleres, Wing Sword, and Marth’s Falchion. Now there are Sieglinde’s and Wind Brand’s forges incoming, as well as pre-existing Sol Katti and the fresh Basilikos in the queue. I don’t know how we are supposed to keep up with that, and whether we are anyway.

I play way too much and I only forged Hauteclere (Minerva), Falchion (Alm) and Wingsword (Caeda) so far. I could forge another, but I like to save at least 200 stones/dew for new stuff. There is still hope at least one of the new incoming modes will give us stones/dew, like @mcsilas mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I just recognized Caeda's special art is not that different from her attack art. 

HAKO’s art is very pretty, but sometimes looks a bit lazy. Caeda and Felicia, Shanna and Elise appear sameface-ish, and their special art is very slightly altered attack art.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

HAKO’s art is very pretty, but sometimes looks a bit lazy. Caeda and Felicia, Shanna and Elise appear sameface-ish, and their special art is very slightly altered attack art.

It's not bad, I'm just used to the super-flamy stuff from my Roys.