Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I feel they've kind of dug themselves into a hole in that regard. I mean, currently any of the trio can already hold any blessing, so retroactively making the same unit into a Legendary Hero would probably require refunding that blessing. Further, them starting at 2-star rarity is another roadblock towards upgrading them: you either make a 5-star promotion a prerequisite towards evolving them, which is a royal pain for those who haven't trained them, or you make it doable at any rarity which kind of rips off people who've already invested heavily in them.

Odd at it might seem in terms of story implications, I'm thinking their new versions should probably simply be completely separate units that exist independently of the original version, simply because it results in the fewest number of headaches in terms of implementing them.

So... Should we just forget about the old ones? I'm okay, I'm don't use them anymore after all.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

So... Should we just forget about the old ones? I'm okay, I'm don't use them anymore after all.

I don’t want this. I don’t like this.

7 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Nah, you can still give them new refinements for the weapons and a way to gain merge levels, but I think the opportunity to totally revamp them and turn them into legendary heroes has passed. Probably needed to commit back when Fjorm was launched in order for that to happen.

@Humanoid I disagree completely. Refunding the Blessing should be simple. I would be overwhelmingly annoyed at the prospect of having to pull for Legendary versions of the Askr Trio (0 chance of them being free if they're separate units). I'm completely with Vax on this. They could be the perfect example of "Class Promotion" from the original FE series. Something that's absent in this particular game if we don't count rarity jumps. As far as it being a pain for people who didn't invest. That was their choice and is their problem. It's far more unfair to people who built these units for everyone elses' *2 variants to suddenly become Legendary *5 powerhouses.

Now, I don't think they'll be getting a "promotion" any time soon and I'd be content with refinements. I also like Kaden's idea with the Blessings though I don't see that working, however, making the Legendary trio separate units is definitely not the way to go.

On another note... so hey @Vaximillian ... So I've got this Celica...

W5OHLDE.png

I pulled her way back during the very first Legendary Banner along with Ayra and I think my 3rd Ike. She happens to be +ATK/-HP which is pretty nice. Thing is I'm not entirely sure what to do with her. She's not a unit I ever thought I would have honestly (along with Julia, who I still don't have.) but I'd already pulled her off banner a long while back while gunning for Lyn if you remember. That one was +HP/-DEF so I gave her Renewal+Moonbow and sent her on her way. I don't know... it's just... most Celicas don't use her native Distant DEF 3 and something about that gigantic 6 HP drop bothered me so I sat on her. That and resources were scarce so even though she was potential Distant DEF 3 fodder, I'd already invested a Fae, Nino and Palla into her (all of which I have in abundance at this point.)

So yeah, I've realized that Celica has been collecting dust as whenever the time comes to use a red mage I tend to run Sophia instead as she's more reliable for me. That's an issue because I'm pretty sure Celica is an extremely high end mage. So I think it's time to go ahead and get that +ATK one up and running. Any suggestions there? for the 2nd one as well. Merge? DD3 Fodder?

Edited by Zeo

33 minutes ago, Zeo said:

She happens to be +ATK/-HP which is pretty nice.

What about L&D combined with Heavy Blade seal?

60 Atk (35 base + 14 Mt + 5 from L&D + 1 from +1 + 5 from Ragnarok) is very respectable and reliable to proc Heavy Blade.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Humanoid I disagree completely. Refunding the Blessing should be simple. I would be overwhelmingly annoyed at the prospect of having to pull for Legendary versions of the Askr Trio (0 chance of them being free if they're separate units). I'm completely with Vax on this. They could be the perfect example of "Class Promotion" from the original FE series. Something that's absent in this particular game if we don't count rarity jumps. As far as it being a pain for people who didn't invest. That was their choice and is their problem. It's far more unfair to people who built these units for everyone elses' *2 variants to suddenly become Legendary *5 powerhouses.

Now, I don't think they'll be getting a "promotion" any time soon and I'd be content with refinements. I also like Kaden's idea with the Blessings though I don't see that working, however, making the Legendary trio separate units is definitely not the way to go.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that it would suck to have to pull them. But I do think it's the most likely scenario, given how IS have handled Fjorm and Gunnthra.

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What about L&D combined with Heavy Blade seal?

60 Atk (35 base + 14 Mt + 5 from L&D + 1 from +1 + 5 from Ragnarok) is very respectable and reliable to proc Heavy Blade.

It's true that I don't have a "True" Heavy Blade user. It's wishywashy on Cherche and Chrom's only using it as a filler until he gets a breath.

I'll wait on my next Sothe and then give her LnD3. That's probably the best start for her. Renewal seems like a given honestly, but maybe she'll get something else like Desperation. Then she could run Moonbow and proc it on the 2nd hit guaranteed. Though... it seems counter-productive given Ragnarok's effect.

Bah.

@Humanoid Honestly I don't know at this point. IS has done things I never thought they would do on both the good and bad side of things. Is it the most likely? I'm not even sure of that...

Edited by Zeo

I've been left so annoyed by the legendary banner, I'm even dreaming of the blasted thing.

I dreamt last night that I gave into temptation and used all the orbs I'd just gained from quests and things (around 40) to summon and ended up with yet another Corrin. I woke up this morning and checked my orbs straight away. All there.

Gotta know you've got it bad when you're even dreaming of spending your orbs! xD

tumblr_p4yrxdv2FD1qcrdmuo1_1280.png

Looks like Greg Chun Emblem (aka Ike Emblem + Ephraim) is complete. Come to think of it- you can summon all of these Greg Chuns in the legendary banner except for normal Ike. He must have a legendary voice.

Was halfway training my new units when I just remembered I had Gray! Gosh, 24 SP per kill is so satisfying while training L!ike.

Also @mampfoid just replying here to not clog the thread, but yea after actually training Ephraim, his weapon is so fun to use! Now I see why people suggest Galeforce on him, and +Atk Ephraim is quite disgusting. Thank goodness he gets double SP automatically, I need the SP. Too bad he doesn't really use Solar Brace if I go GF (or hear his special lines)

Also in other news @DefaultBeep I finally gave my +Atk Maria Dazzling Fear+! She just lacks a few SP so now she's back to 0 SP, but I do need some more SP for giving her Wrathful Staff... Gosh I wish there was Healer Valour skills or something...

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also @mampfoid just replying here to not clog the thread, but yea after actually training Ephraim, his weapon is so fun to use! Now I see why people suggest Galeforce on him, and +Atk Ephraim is quite disgusting. Thank goodness he gets double SP automatically, I need the SP. Too bad he doesn't really use Solar Brace if I go GF (or hear his special lines)

Nice you enjoy playing him, I didn't want to hold you off the biggest fun with a wrong advice. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice you enjoy playing him, I didn't want to hold you off the biggest fun with a wrong advice. 

Honestly i find it really weird they decided to put Solar Brace on him. The fact that enemy phase usually works with you baiting units into your range should be a good enough indication tha concept doesn't work as well as they thinks since it limits Eph into no stack of Goads/Wards

Which is a damn shame since Solar Brace seems really cool

Just now, mampfoid said:

Well 20k feather is a pretty big cost either way.

I won't give him GF just yet though (he doesn't have the SP anyway) but it'll be an option in the future. You know I actually am hoping for another Cordelia pitybreaker just for this purpose.

@Zeo Remember when I was so happy I got a Leon to fodder off Ignis and Guard? In excitement I quickly gave it to Shiro (since he's one of my fave units) and also since I needed to keep clearing barracks space while searching for Summer Corrin.

But then I just realised I should've foddered that combo to Vector instead because he's an arena staple. Gosh I wish Leon's in the 4* banner now or something (or that Guard becomes a SS). 

I mean I could use Henry as well for Ignis but I only have 1 extra one. Plus Leon comes with Guard so I can just inherit that with Ignis in one go and it should work well with the QR seal.

So now suddenly my main colourless fodder targets are Klein, Leon and Sothe (still haven't seen one)

37 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly i find it really weird they decided to put Solar Brace on him. The fact that enemy phase usually works with you baiting units into your range should be a good enough indication tha concept doesn't work as well as they thinks since it limits Eph into no stack of Goads/Wards

It goes a little in the direction of vanilla Sigurd: Skills that make him hard to kill, but not much more. Well, guaranteed counter is much more I guess. 

His skill set is conflictive, his weapon wants to be player phase, his B skill wants to be enemy phase.

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

His skill set is conflictive, his weapon wants to be player phase, his B skill wants to be enemy phase.

Solar Brace isn't the piece that's problematic. It's the fact that Flame Siegmund is designed as a player-phase weapon because it's very common that you move away from your allies to attack on player phase, but Sturdy Stance is obviously an enemy-phase skill.

Solar Brace actually pairs really well with Flame Siegmund. Flame Siegmund guarantees a double attack, meaning you don't need to rely on your B skill to provide that, and Solar Brace helps keep Ephraim alive round after round of combat.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Well 20k feather is a pretty big cost either way.

I won't give him GF just yet though (he doesn't have the SP anyway) but it'll be an option in the future. You know I actually am hoping for another Cordelia pitybreaker just for this purpose.

@Zeo Remember when I was so happy I got a Leon to fodder off Ignis and Guard? In excitement I quickly gave it to Shiro (since he's one of my fave units) and also since I needed to keep clearing barracks space while searching for Summer Corrin.

But then I just realised I should've foddered that combo to Vector instead because he's an arena staple. Gosh I wish Leon's in the 4* banner now or something (or that Guard becomes a SS). 

I mean I could use Henry as well for Ignis but I only have 1 extra one. Plus Leon comes with Guard so I can just inherit that with Ignis in one go and it should work well with the QR seal.

So now suddenly my main colourless fodder targets are Klein, Leon and Sothe (still haven't seen one)

Hope he comes around for you again. I've gotten at least 3 of him at this point. With that Sothe that came around and the Rebecca I pulled near Christmas I've actually pulled every non *5 Colorless in the pool. Feels good to put that behind me. Now if I could just pull a Raven...

Well, you could always just fodder off a Titania (assuming you have one) for Guard in the mean time.

I really hope the next batch of colorless in the *4 banner is Kagero, Sothe and Matthew. That would be a dream.

@Zeo Yeah I'm pretty sure Kagero is likely to be there, since she was one of the only -breaker fodder that wasn't there. 

Actually speaking of, I hope Henry and his Ignis/G Tomebreaker fodder appears on that banner as well. I need more of him.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

@Anacybele

61 def

Why is this allowed LOL

That's just too much! Even ruby/ta swords would hardly do that much if they had lower attack lol

67 on enemy phase! I love it! XD I love seeing weapons ding off my best knight! <3

50 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Yeah I'm pretty sure Kagero is likely to be there, since she was one of the only -breaker fodder that wasn't there. 

Actually speaking of, I hope Henry and his Ignis/G Tomebreaker fodder appears on that banner as well. I need more of him.

It was Rebecca, Setsuna and Klein last time. So it'll probably be Kagero and maybe 2 other daggers. Unless they go for Gordin/Virion/Jeorge but I can't see that being terribly appealing. I hope healers don't become a thing for these banners because as fodder they're terrible.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

It was Rebecca, Setsuna and Klein last time. So it'll probably be Kagero and maybe 2 other daggers. Unless they go for Gordin/Virion/Jeorge but I can't see that being terribly appealing. I hope healers don't become a thing for these banners because as fodder they're terrible.

Out of those three archers, if they had to pick one it would be Gordin for Brave Bow and Vantage fodder. I mean sure he has to be 5 star to give you the full levels for each, but I guess it is a 4 star/5 star banner so consider yourself lucky to have a 5 star one.

4 star one means you have Atk +3 for your Wrathful Staff healers I guess.

Not really sure if they'll add healers to the focus pool though but they'll have to run out of good fodder focus units sometime soon.

Sothe is a no-brainer. He has to appear in one of these eventually.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Out of those three archers, if they had to pick one it would be Gordin for Brave Bow and Vantage fodder. I mean sure he has to be 5 star to give you the full levels for each, but I guess it is a 4 star/5 star banner so consider yourself lucky to have a 5 star one.

4 star one means you have Atk +3 for your Wrathful Staff healers I guess.

Not really sure if they'll add healers to the focus pool though but they'll have to run out of good fodder focus units sometime soon.

Sothe is a no-brainer. He has to appear in one of these eventually.

Matthew/Kagero/Sothe is really a no-brainer for this banner. Only source of Daggerbreaker, only (Colorless) source of Hone SPD 3 and only source of LnD3 at *4. It's literally perfect.

Just so happens that that is amazing for me. Tons of LnD3 fodder, a chance at a +ATK Kagero and finally an opportunity to finish my Matthew.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Solar Brace isn't the piece that's problematic. It's the fact that Flame Siegmund is designed as a player-phase weapon because it's very common that you move away from your allies to attack on player phase, but Sturdy Stance is obviously an enemy-phase skill.

Solar Brace actually pairs really well with Flame Siegmund. Flame Siegmund guarantees a double attack, meaning you don't need to rely on your B skill to provide that, and Solar Brace helps keep Ephraim alive round after round of combat.

Yeah, that is true, I just mentioned Solar Brace because it's a Pfr Skill unlike Sturdy Stance (that is obviously a EP Skill xD)