Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I agree that would be a waste of niche and I personally wouldn't build him like that, but defensively, he's a faster Jakob with -2 res but +2 hp. Basically identical bulk.

Are you saying that Matthew has more res? Because they're both the same (18). I'll concede to everything else though. He is too slow and the lower hp and def don't help.

Ok, Matthew (outside of Jakob) has the highest mixed bulk potential, but 24 res still ain't impressive and that's after the +6 buff. To me, a unit has to be able to exceed 30 on both, def and res, to be considered mixed. Maybe our opinion of what makes a unit a mixed tank are too different to find mutual agreement.

About Leila, I wasn't really aiming for anything in specific. Just trying to make her stat spread something akin as to what she would be like in FE7 if you were to hack her in without really paying much attention to her performance. I might have taken off more speed than necessary now that I think about it so 30 is probably better.

We're more or less on the same page. Ultimately Matt technically has more "RES" because he has 3 more HP. That means technically he can take more magical damage, factor that in with his less likelyness to get doubled along with his marginally superior DEF and he's just better on the defense. Rogue Dagger substantiates that, but it makes more of a difference for Matthew.

No I think we're pretty much on the same page. 24 RES isn't the greatest, but it becomes 31 if the opponent is attack smoked, 38 if he's running Distant DEF seal, higher if he's supported or has merges. You could stack this up on all of the other units as well but it is indeed a fact that the numbers won't be as high and they'll be getting doubled more often which puts a damper on the whole tanking thing. All in all Matthew has the best potential to be a mixed tank (and mine more or less is for that matter) where as Jakob is pretty much one out of the box. You believe a tank needs to be able to exceed 30 in both stats in order to qualify. Matt does that with a -7 Debuff and he does it better than any other dagger that isn't a dedicated RES check aside from Kagero who shouldn't be getting hit to begin with.

Spoiler

This is more or less evidence of Matthew operating as a mixed tank. There is a scenario or two where Matthew survives a magical exchange where Saizo (and potentially S!Frederick) would have been killed outright. He's merged somewhat, but he is technically tanking both physical and magic.

On the subject of Leila I pretty much get it. I'd probably go in a bit of a different direction with Leila and make her a bit faster regardless, but as far as general balance goes your idea is probably better.

@mampfoid That would suck so much. If they put that on any unit I'll laugh my head off.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Zeo Don't worry, I don't they'll implement this. Although I would suffer with the allergic unit, since I'm allergic to many things myself. ^^

Our talk about spare 5* units reminded me of my spare BH!Ike and i decided it doesn't make sense to sit other months on him. Since I'm not going to build a dragon soon (and because I still have a spare L!Ike left), I tweaked my pity breaker and AA point slave: 

05qzLZh.png

@mcsilas 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Don't worry, I don't they'll implement this. Although I would suffer with the allergic unit, since I'm allergic to many things myself. ^^

Our talk about spare 5* units reminded me of my spare BH!Ike and i decided it doesn't make sense to sit other months on him. Since I'm not going to build a dragon soon (and because I still have a spare L!Ike left), I tweaked my pity breaker and AA point slave: 

@mcsilas

Yeah well, going into adulthood turns out I'm allergic to more than I thought I was as well.

Good choice. You invested in a powerful unit who has an unusual level of merges for his exclusivity and because of his base kit you were able to give him both SB and Aether in one go.

I approve of this. Wish I had breaths to spare.

Edited by Zeo

I never pulled for this guy. If someone shows up this often, he most likely wants to do some work for me. 

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I approve of this. Wish I had breaths to spare.

Who would be your first candidate for a breath? Mine is Fae, but I had to sacrifice another copy of her for Renewal 3 as you can see, which leaves me with only 3 possible merges for her. 

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

We're more or less on the same page. Ultimately Matt technically has more "RES" because he has 3 more HP. That means technically he can take more magical damage, factor that in with his less likelyness to get doubled along with his marginally superior DEF and he's just better on the defense. Rogue Dagger substantiates that, but it makes more of a difference for Matthew.

No I think we're pretty much on the same page. 24 RES isn't the greatest, but it becomes 31 if the opponent is attack smoked, 38 if he's running Distant DEF seal, higher if he's supported or has merges. You could stack this up on all of the other units as well but it is indeed a fact that the numbers won't be as high and they'll be getting doubled more often which puts a damper on the whole tanking thing. All in all Matthew has the best potential to be a mixed tank (and mine more or less is for that matter) where as Jakob is pretty much one out of the box. You believe a tank needs to be able to exceed 30 in both stats in order to qualify. Matt does that with a -7 Debuff and he does it better than any other dagger that isn't a dedicated RES check aside from Kagero who shouldn't be getting hit to begin with.

Reveal hidden contents

This is more or less evidence of Matthew operating as a mixed tank. There is a scenario or two where Matthew survives a magical exchange where Saizo (and potentially S!Frederick) would have been killed outright. He's merged somewhat, but he is technically tanking both physical and magic.

On the subject of Leila I pretty much get it. I'd probably go in a bit of a different direction with Leila and make her a bit faster regardless, but as far as general balance goes your idea is probably better.

@mampfoid That would suck so much. If they put that on any unit I'll laugh my head off.

Fine, you win. I don't consider debuffs because that relies on enemy stats and not the unit itself, but he does meet the requirements with a Distant def seal. It's also pretty hard to talk bad about him when he's my favorite thief. I must know though, how are you comparing Matt and Frederick? At neutral, there should only be a 1 hp difference.

You know, having a Matthew that cool should be considered criminal. I just love seeing your Matt in action. I suppose I don't mind a reminder. Since you brought up Frederick, assuming same set, merge, and support level as Matt, he can actually do it. Not Saizo but I never argued for him anyway.

You are right about Leila. I've always been partial to balance. I don't hate extremes per se, I just prefer a jack-of-all-trades.

@mampfoid Oh wow nice! I hope he works well for you! Let me know how well Aether works or if Ignis works better.

I do have a spare B!Ike but I'm still hesitant on who to give it to. I guess the candidates right now are my +Atk/-Def Shiro (Steady Breath somewhat patches up some of the Def bane), Adult Tiki or Fae. I...don't really use Fae that much anymore to be honest now that I see less Reinhardts (plus Myrrh and Grima might pitybreak me someday).

So it's either Adult Tiki or Shiro. At least with Shiro, he can have Aether as well, and my Shiro already has Threaten Def learned, so in a way, he'll get all of B!ike's skills!

But Adult Tiki is a strong dragon as well. Although I don't have a proper emblem since all my Nowis are meh, Tiki is a really good user of Steady Breath (although I'd have to feed her a spare Shiro so she can inherit Aether as well).

I have 4 Shiros in my main anyway (while still waiting for a good +Atk or +Def one). If I can somehow combine the 2 Shiros in my other account I would have a +5 Shiro as well! Haha.

21 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

@mampfoid What a beautiful Shiro!  Looking at his stats, he seems pretty similar to Bike, so I think he'll make great use of his new A skill!  :):

He became way cooler than I thought. Now that you mention it, he seems very bikish. 

21 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Speaking of allergies, I'm pretty sure I don't have any.  :XD:

Lucky you, the coming months will be a pain. I shouldn't complain though, since I don't have anything serious. 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Oh wow nice! I hope he works well for you! Let me know how well Aether works or if Ignis works better.

I gave him Aether just for the score. Perhaps he is not slow enough to proc it in one round. If I ever run him in TTs he'll get Ignis as well. 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I do have a spare B!Ike but I'm still hesitant on who to give it to. I guess the candidates right now are my +Atk/-Def Shiro (Steady Breath somewhat patches up some of the Def bane), Adult Tiki or Fae. I...don't really use Fae that much anymore to be honest now that I see less Reinhardts (plus Myrrh and Grima might pitybreak me someday).

So it's either Adult Tiki or Shiro. At least with Shiro, he can have Aether as well, and my Shiro already has Threaten Def learned, so in a way, he'll get all of B!ike's skills!

But Adult Tiki is a strong dragon as well. Although I don't have a proper emblem since all my Nowis are meh, Tiki is a really good user of Steady Breath (although I'd have to feed her a spare Shiro so she can inherit Aether as well).

I have 4 Shiros in my main anyway (while still waiting for a good +Atk or +Def one). If I can somehow combine the 2 Shiros in my other account I would have a +5 Shiro as well! Haha.

My original plan was to give Steady Breath to Tiki and Warding Breath to Fae, since they can profit more from the Breath effect (because of DC). In my opinion Shiro works fine already with Steady Stance, QR and Bonfire. 

Edited by mampfoid

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I never pulled for this guy. If someone shows up this often, he most likely wants to do some work for me. 

Who would be your first candidate for a breath? Mine is Fae, but I had to sacrifice another copy of her for Renewal 3 as you can see, which leaves me with only 3 possible merges for her. 

Chrom, easy. With him running breath I could give Lukas DC without a second thought. That would be a dream come true. Then I could swap out Heavy Blade and run the Close DEF seal and basically finish my endgame +10 build for him. After that maybe we could work on a dragon or two, not sure at that point.

22 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Fine, you win. I don't consider debuffs because that relies on enemy stats and not the unit itself, but he does meet the requirements with a Distant def seal. It's also pretty hard to talk bad about him when he's my favorite thief. I must know though, how are you comparing Matt and Frederick? At neutral, there should only be a 1 hp difference.

You know, having a Matthew that cool should be considered criminal. I just love seeing your Matt in action. I suppose I don't mind a reminder. Since you brought up Frederick, assuming same set, merge, and support level as Matt, he can actually do it. Not Saizo but I never argued for him anyway.

I appreciate that! I try to make him shine as much as possible. And yeah as for Frederick he could run the build, if we compare them at neutral their bulk is nearly the same. Frederick has 7 more ATK and 3 less SPD, he'd be dying a bit more from doubles but would likely be securing more kills (unless of course he can't double).

As far as the build they can run it almost equally but as a tank I think Matt edges him out a bit. That and Fred is limited so merges are hard to come by.

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He became way cooler than I thought. Now that you mention it, he seems very bikish. 

Lucky you, the coming months will be a pain. I shouldn't complain though, since I don't have anything serious. 

I gave him Aether just for the score. Perhaps he is not slow enough to proc it in one round. If I ever run him in TTs he'll get Ignis as well. 

My original plan was to give Steady Breath to Tiki and Warding Breath to Fae, since they can profit more from the Breath effect (because of DC). In my opinion Shiro works fine already with Steady Stance, QR and Bonfire. 

Ah that makes sense. Well good luck with the arena conquest with Shiro then :D

Yeah I think I'll wait for another B!Ike for Shiro then, just for favouritism. Tiki seems like the best user at the moment and she sure loves Aether. Now I just need to decide the Lightning Breath refine for her... either +Def or +Res.. she's +Atk/-Spd so that Atk boon is gonna bump up her damage quite well.

@Zeo I'm looking forward to see your "end-game" Chrom. 

@Korath88 I remember Y!Tiki to be stronger than A!Tiki, but mine is -ATK and A!Tiki has the advantage of easier merges. 

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well good luck with the arena conquest with Shiro then :D

Thanks! The matchups are already higher scored, but it became also more difficult. It's sad to see how BH!Roy is becoming the weak link, since he can't always one-round green opponents. 

32 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

My first spare steady breath went to Y!Tiki. If I pull a third B!Ike, the next candidate is Lukas.

My first spare SB went to Sharena, obviously. My second went to adult Tiki. I still need at least four more: for Nowi, Fae, Corrin, and Oboro.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Small refinenments: 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Tobin (20+50)
  • Marisa (50)
  • NY!Camilla (50)
  • Cordelia (50)
  • Ninian (50)
  • Nowi (50)
  • F!Morgan (50)
  • Ursula (20+50)
  • Hawkeye (20)
  • Lissa (50)
  • NY!Azura (50)
  • Fae (50)
  • F!Robin (20+50)
  • LA!Lilina (50)
  • Genny (50)
  • BH!Lyn (50)
  • Elise (50)
  • Sakura (50)

Total: 930 stones, 42 remaining.

Oh, cool project. Does that include also the GHB units?

Yeah. I already have Ursula at +1 (I can't remember what i did with copy #3 since I should've had 4 total), I still have all of Arvis' copies, F!Robin was sacked once to give B!Tomebreaker to...someone I no longer have, same with Camus' other copies...I really feel like throttling my past self about now.

Breakdown of copies:

Spoiler

Marth: 5*+1, 3 4*

Cain: 5*+2, 2 4* (though mostly WoM fodder)

Abel: 2 5*, 1 4*

Ceada: 5*+2, 2 4*

Michelis: 1 5*, 1 4* (Iote's shield fodder before the seal came out)

Palla: 1 5*, 3 4* (Moonbow/WoM fodder)

Catria: 5 *+1, 2 4* (Luna fodder)

Sheena: 5*+1, 3 4*

Lukas: 5*+1, 4 4* (definitely a priority to build merges up)

Boey: 1 5*, 3 4* (part of Project Rainbow Raven)

Mathilda: 5*+3, 2 4*

Arvis: 1 5*, 1 4*, 2 3*

Seliph: 5*+7, 2 4* (backburner project since I already have M!Corrin fully merged and kitted)

Reinhardt: 5*+1, 2 4*

Roy: 5*+4, 2 4* (TA3 fodder, pity breakers go into the merger)

Cecilia: 5*, 3 4* (using to round out Rainbow Raven before merge project)

Klein: 1 5*, 4 4* (DB3/QR/BB fodder)

Zephiel: 5*, 1 4*, 1 3* (I think I WF3 foddered him off...)

Narcian: 1 5*, 2 4* (foddered once for LB3)

Ursula: 5*+1, 1 4* (not sure what i did with her extra copy)

Seth: 5*+6, 2 4* (backburner, but still up there for merging)

Lyon: 5*, 1 4*, 1 3*

Valter: 1 5* (I think i used him as Luna fodder or feather fodder due to barracks space)

Titania: 5*+1, 4 4*

Oliver: 5*, 2 4* (Though I refuse to use him due to personal reasons)

M!Robin: 5*, 1 4*, 3 3* (One of my top merge priorities as he's darn useful)

F!Robin: 5*, 2 4* (Also making her a build identical to her male counterpart)

Cordelia: 5*+3, 2 4* (Probably give a couple units Galeforce first before making her a merge project)

Cherche: 1 5*, 1 4*, 2 3* (She's beast, so needs to be built eventually)

Nowi: 5*+2, 2 4* (Those dragons who need Lightning Breath+ already have it, so she's open to Project Merge)

F!Corrin: 5*+1, 3 4* (I completed her male counterpart, only seems fair that I finish her too.)

Felicia: 5*+1, 2 4* (Mage killer extrordinaire)

Oboro: 5*, 2 4* (Armor killer)

Subaki: 5*+1, 4 4* (Perfection must be perfect)

Xander: 5*, 2 4* (his other copy mysteriously vanished)

Peri: 5*+4, 3 4* (she's almost halfway anyway)

Camilla: 5*+3, 2 4* (Ehh...she keeps interrupting?)

34 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Yeah. I already have Ursula at +1 (I can't remember what i did with copy #3 since I should've had 4 total), I still have all of Arvis' copies, F!Robin was sacked once to give B!Tomebreaker to...someone I no longer have, same with Camus' other copies...I really feel like throttling my past self about now.

Breakdown of copies:

Very nice collection. Will you also promote the other GHB units like Legion and so on? 

Since I don't have anything else to do in Heroes right now I am working on my Jakob I posted his build in the weirdest project thread since hardly anyone uses Jakob.  I was just amazed I had most of the SI fodder for him since I am F2P and I have been pulling nothing but green this year.  Of course grinding SP is boring but I need red badges anyway and with TT coming I will get plenty on him soon.  Sadly I don't have any merges for him right now since I needed renewal fodder a while back.  I really hope his Halloween version is on the next legendary banner and hopefully the legendary hero is colorless so I have a really good reason to pull colorless soon.  

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I'm looking forward to see your "end-game" Chrom. 

If you're melee, you touch him, and you're not a TA blue or blue dragon (that can double him), you die, basically. Look forward to that! Weather it's Steady, Warding or Fierce, the next Breath I get is his. After that I don't really have very many candidates. Armors can run the Fighter skills now which leaves me with Lukas, Fjorm, Anna or a Dragon. Chances are it would go to a dragon since after Chrom got a breath Lukas getting the DC build would pretty much be a lock.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Now that I've slept, I'm not sure if this meant you wanted tags for the videos, but I did just post in the Zephiel topic a few days ago. If you want to be tagged for those kind of things later on just let me know.

Random Thought: What's the deal with everyone running Renewal on Amelia? Why is that a thing?

Edited by Zeo

150 more SP and my DC Effie will get a refined Berkut's Lance. I got her at 4* with +atk -spd on the first day of Valentine's Day banner so this has been put off for quite a while.
BTW, what do you guys think of my first ever attempt at photoshop?

Edited by silveraura25

@ILikeKirbys That's the thing... no.

Some of them run EB3, but I've seen Amelias with just about everything but LnD3. Svallin Shield, Fury, Distant Counter, Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, but they almost always run Renewal. The occasional Vantage, QR or rarely, Vengeful Fighter. But more than anything, Renewal. Always Renewal.

Maybe because it's a "light" skill and people see Amelia as pure or whatever. Not with that damaged art.

I don't know what to do with her, but I almost don't even want to consider Renewal due to how utterly lazy it is to slap it on her of all units.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't know what to do with her, but I almost don't even want to consider Renewal due to how utterly lazy it is to slap it on her of all units.

Isn't that how it is with DC on a majority of units in tier 20?

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@ILikeKirbys That's the thing... no.

Some of them run EB3, but I've seen Amelias with just about everything but LnD3. Svallin Shield, Fury, Distant Counter, Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, but they almost always run Renewal. The occasional Vantage, QR or rarely, Vengeful Fighter. But more than anything, Renewal. Always Renewal.

Maybe because it's a "light" skill and people see Amelia as pure or whatever. Not with that damaged art.

It could just be for scoring. Renewal is a pretty easy/available 240 point skill.

Edited by LordFrigid