Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

The music was better, there where more opponents (= more SP), but what beats zero stamina? 

I actually wish I still had any CC (or other map) open, I think I'll return to read books. 

Basically infinite stamina thanks to heaps of stamina potions? Does anyone use these anywhere than tempest (and tower for weirdos like me) anyway?

These become accidental orb reserves for me because I’m usually too procrastinative and afraid of doing them when they come out. I did tap into these reserves when I was pulling for Dark Olivia for my Faye, though, and I managed it with five minutes left on the timer.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Vaximillian In TTs you don't need pots to get all regular rewards and TT ranking awards lost their appeal to me. Seems like IS will remove the stamina system all together, since almost nobody would pay orbs to regain stamina.  

I’ll be completely fine with stamina going away. I’ll be the first to wave it goodbye if it happens. It’s still holding out in grand conquest, though… but it’s better to not speak of that failure of a mode.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll be completely fine with stamina going away. I’ll be the first to wave it goodbye if it happens. It’s still holding out in grand conquest, though… but it’s better to not speak of that failure of a mode.

Stamina restrictions have been a kind of sanity safer for me. Now that new content is rare, pots are piling up. 

GC and VG have their own "stamina". They would need to change something for TTs to prevent people to auto-mode 24/7. 

I'm just telling myself now the special heroes banner will be all brides just to try and avoid the same disappointment as last year. I'll still probably be disappointed -.-

Heh, in Ares' castle quote, he says he's so happy he can meet his father in this world. I'm glad he's grateful for what it took to reunite the two!

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I am going to need it oh so much, thank you.

Inflated stats are bullshit. Time limits are bullshit. Defend objectives are bullshit. Combine the three, and you get the ultimate bullshit. Thank you.

Was this the FE echoes consecutive CC?

That shits dumb(praise Innes tho)

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

…I did it.
Screenshot_20180511-145524.png

By Naga, this shit was stressful. Oh my.

Congrats!  It took me forever to beat that Chain Challenge.  Recently, I played through that CC with Camilla, Cordelia, S! Kagero and Airzura and beat it with no units lost.  Interesting to see how much better my units have gotten.

I think I saw you in Arena Assault rankings; your main character is Sharena with Steady Breath and Drive skills, correct?  I think your score was around 4902.  My name and lead is a +7 Cowmilla.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm just telling myself now the special heroes banner will be all brides just to try and avoid the same disappointment as last year. I'll still probably be disappointed -.-

Heh, in Ares' castle quote, he says he's so happy he can meet his father in this world. I'm glad he's grateful for what it took to reunite the two!

I am with you on the brides banner, the thought of a grooms banner makes me happy but I keep telling myself it won't happen so I won't care about the banner.  I like Ares's castle quotes as well, but I feel bad since I still don't have his dad:(

17 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am with you on the brides banner, the thought of a grooms banner makes me happy but I keep telling myself it won't happen so I won't care about the banner.  I like Ares's castle quotes as well, but I feel bad since I still don't have his dad:(

Man, I tried so hard to get Eldigan. It got to the point where I thrust my phone at my friend and told her to do it. She tried and failed. Then I showed her who he was and she told me to give her one more shot. I even bought more orbs because I just thought screw it xD

...She got me him. He's -Atk but he's here and beautiful <3

Hopefully you can get him soon, if you want him :) I do prefer Ares to Eldigan, but I think that's by virtue of him having the sense to actual question his loyalty when it's looking a bit stupid (I guess Eldigan does too, but a bit too late :( ). Plus the fact he defends Lene is just adorable :D

And yeah... I guess it can be an opportunity to save up orbs. I won't really like the VG that likely goes with it. Part of me is tempted just to skip it altogether, despite the feathers it costs. I'll see.

I know this opinion will make me unpopular especially with the fairer sex, but I think the idea of grooms are just plain lame.

I think it’s because while a wedding gown has a very distinct, lovely look that’s only worn for that occasion, a groom is just a guy in a suit. Anyone can wear a suit whether it be for a business meeting, a cocktail party, at award ceremonies etc etc. It’s just not a look that’s distinct or interesting. Should grooms somehow get included (ha!), then whatever. I’ll eat crow. 

I've always been a little disappointed that all the dresses pretty much look the same. Sure, some minor differences in the frills and whatnot, but it's fundamentally the same dress for everyone. Same applies for the Spring outfits, it's just the same fundamental thing recoloured for each unit, except for Alfonse and Sharena. Say what you will about Tharja's Christmas bikini, but at least all the units in that banner had unique outfits.

You see the fanart that pops up whenever one of these banners is on and naturally it's all just other characters in the same outfit yet again. Hope we see some creativity this time around.

Edited by Humanoid

57 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I think I saw you in Arena Assault rankings; your main character is Sharena with Steady Breath and Drive skills, correct?  I think your score was around 4902.  My name and lead is a +7 Cowmilla.

Yep, that’s me! I don’t think I’ve seen you, though.

Hello everybody I'm back again! My ban (which I asked for) is over! And surprisingly despite my prior procrastination, my academic standings are as they have been- still an A student across the board. Not that I want a repeat of what I did to ever happen.

I'm just dumping my comments on the prior new banner and current one here. I don't feel like reading what has been already said right now, so, contrary to my usual policy, it might be a little repetitive.

I was hoping the 24th banner would and wouldn’t be good. The first because of course I want FEH to have good banners, and outside of a Hinoka variant, it was fine. Although I’m personally not fond of avi babies, partly because like the avis, they take up two character slots which is a lot for FEH additions. They’re treated as distinct characters I get, but I would have tossed an extra character in the banner, since avis and avi babies are at very best half-distinct. I was hoping it wouldn’t be good, because it wasn’t the ideal time for me to leap into FEH.

Speaking of the current banner, still not tempting enough for me. Nonetheless, we now have a Gen 2 Genealogy one, leaving… Awakening Gen 1 and FE6 as the only games without dedicated banners? Well Fates Gen 1 too, since the recent banner only had Hinoka on it like Chrom was tacked on the Morgans banner (which I count as a Gen 2 Awakening banner factoring in the Gerome TT- but double Morgan makes it feel like it isn’t truly one). 

On the plus side, no unnecessary variants of characters we already have, a wonderful move that cannot be appreciated enough! Lene is an odd addition, but a standard summon dancer addition is a good addition, and she fits well with Ares, plus less populars deserve to be included. Ishtar not as GHB was done in all certainty to maximize profits, since she is one of the few very popular FE4 Gen 2 characters. Julius as a GHB might be playing him too early, but him with Ishtar makes the new hero quartet two couples, which is sweet.

Speaking of Ares, a “March of the Black Knights” themed team is now possible- Camus, Ares, and the Black Knight of Tellius. No idea what to fill the fourth slot with, if there is anyone who could fit in with the black knight idea, if lacking the official title, Xander would be the first thing that comes to mind. I wouldn’t have minded if he got the nickname “Black Prince”- an allusion to to the valiant “Edward the Black Prince” of the Hundred Years’ War, but Xander would be the third sword on this team. Leo also comes off as black knight/prince-ish, he can’t give green or colorless, but at least he can target Res for a little more variety. Duessel isn’t wearing black armor, but his title is Obsidian, a black rock (known for being very very sharp, but fragile- odd given his high durability), he could bring an axe to the group. 

The next being Seasonal is expected, so it won't be until June 8th that I'll have to ask myself "Do I leap in?" again, as I have a strict no Seasonal policy. Welp, my sloth orbs are currently in the 290s, if when some that makes me want to play comes and I don't get them, I'll have reason to gripe.

And by the way, since I left, I see SF has updated the top of the forum pages a bit. I've been using Night Forest thinking it is easier on the eyes, so I coincidentally get treated to my fav Sephiran! With the tragedy that led him and Tellius to take the course it would for the next 23 years ominously in the background. Loves me my Tellius!:D:

12 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

think it’s because while a wedding gown has a very distinct, lovely look that’s only worn for that occasion, a groom is just a guy in a suit. Anyone can wear a suit whether it be for a business meeting, a cocktail party, at award ceremonies etc etc. It’s just not a look that’s distinct or interesting. Should grooms somehow get included (ha!), then whatever. I’ll eat crow. 

Male textile vanitas needs more variety without it coming off as effeminate, I can get this. Though FEW did do a wonderful job giving every guy getting distinctive underwear, so there is reason to hope a little. 

There is another solution for the men- Shell Armor. They wear ridiculous outfits/dresses on top, and when they are so badly injured their artwork and sprite alike change to shed the exoskeleton and reveal a handsome tuxedo beneath it.

13 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I know this opinion will make me unpopular especially with the fairer sex, but I think the idea of grooms are just plain lame.

I think it’s because while a wedding gown has a very distinct, lovely look that’s only worn for that occasion, a groom is just a guy in a suit. Anyone can wear a suit whether it be for a business meeting, a cocktail party, at award ceremonies etc etc. It’s just not a look that’s distinct or interesting. Should grooms somehow get included (ha!), then whatever. I’ll eat crow. 

Speaking for myself, but I do like a man in a suit, no matter the occasion, so I'd love a groom banner for that reason.

I just mainly hope for a groom banner because a) it would be nice change of pace and b) I can't stand wedding dresses, I think they look stupid and inconvenient. But hey, if it's going to be another bride banner, it gives me a perfect reason to save up some orbs again.

It seems like IS has established a pattern regarding banners.

• The waifu unit: A popular female character.  Has fanservice design, at least 1 unique/new weapon or skill, and possibly increased BST (examples being Myrrh, Micaiah, Ishtar, New Eirika, S !Kagero).  This attracts the whales.
  • The demote waifu: Another popular female character that isn't QUITE as good as the main waifu unit.  Typically has one good skill, and the rest being mediocre.  Gets demoted after the banner (examples being Nanna, L'arachel, and probably Lene).
  • The husbando busted male unit: A popular male character with some insane skill to bait out the whales who typically summon waifus but want a powercreep unit to buff their Arena/AA score.  The most prominent ones being Zelgius and WT! Reinhardt, and now Ares.
  • GHB unit: Usually male to balance out the ratio.  Probably a mediocre mage, with some Ploy skill (why does IS love doing this?).  They're forgotten by the end of the month.

39 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You could just have the characters wear their culture's versions of celebration clothing. Something like what NY!Takumi and NY!Corrin wore, Chrom's exalt outfit, the outfits Valentine's Day male lords wore

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It seems like IS has established a pattern regarding banners.

• The waifu unit: A popular female character.  Has fanservice design, at least 1 unique/new weapon or skill, and possibly increased BST (examples being Myrrh, Micaiah, Ishtar, New Eirika, S !Kagero).  This attracts the whales.
  • The demote waifu: Another popular female character that isn't QUITE as good as the main waifu unit.  Typically has one good skill, and the rest being mediocre.  Gets demoted after the banner (examples being Nanna, L'arachel, and probably Lene).
  • The husbando busted male unit: A popular male character with some insane skill to bait out the whales who typically summon waifus but want a powercreep unit to buff their Arena/AA score.  The most prominent ones being Zelgius and WT! Reinhardt, and now Ares.
  • GHB unit: Usually male to balance out the ratio.  Probably a mediocre mage, with some Ploy skill (why does IS love doing this?).  They're forgotten by the end of the month.

There's only a pattern if every batch of new characters are all like this. I'd honestly call it a coincidence

Edited by silveraura25

My personal hope for the banner is Anna and Palla or Elincia as brides, and Marth and Frederick as grooms.

Anna got left out of the bunny banner and she caught a bouquet.

Catria got to be a bunny, so let's let best Whitewing Palla get a turn at an alt! She'd look so pretty as a bride too, I bet. I have bias for Elincia and she'd look real pretty too.

Marth deserves an alt, as most people should agree to. Also, he rocked a groom suit in Warriors!

Frederick, I have bias for, but he also rocks suits since he already wears one! lol

I don't really think this is likely though. I can see Marth and Anna being there, but not so much the others. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Want an even more unpopular opinion?

If i can change how society works, i'd demand females to wear suit during wedding

Because fuck it i have a girls in a suit fetish that makes it hard to concentrate during exams back in college might as well milk it to death at that point

I already know Camilla is going to be on the bride banner. Because that's what would roast my wallet the most and we all know IS has a tracking my account to know that my orbs are at the lowest they've been in months. 

Really though, most of the good female candidates for a bride banner feel like they could just as easily be in the following summer banners too. I think Anna in a wedding dress or a swimsuit feels like a tossup. Another Lucina feels somewhat due as well, so she seems like another possible choice for a bride. If they do another Camilla alt soon I hope it's on a summer banner instead. Every Nohrian BUT her getting a swimsuit alt last year was disappointing.

In the unlikely case that they include a groom, it’ll most likely be a welfare unit (TT prize, Special Orb Pack bonus or Grand Conquest prize like Kaze). 

Bride Camilla....hmm...with the summer banner just around the corner, she could end up getting the swimsuit variant instead. 

Bride banner can't come soon enough. I mean, if there is no Bride Lucina, than whatever, I will probably skip it. As for a groom banner, I guess it could be good if IS thinks about it a little. Different coloured suits would be the less they could make. Other than that, I don't know really, maybe making part of the wedding dress the weapon? Like the jacket could be an axe or something. (Also, they can play around with the ties)  As for who should get a groom version, I can only think about Marth. Even though he is not among my favourites, he still deserves more than what he has. Groom Valbar would be nice as well for mah boi Leon