Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

In other news...Xander is the slowest dancer ever, which I'm assuming is an allusion to his unfamiliarity with yukata. Actually....I think he's the slowest dagger. Period. I'm...actually kinda disappointed with the dorky knight...

Xander's job isn't to be fast, no matter what role he plays. Xander's job is to be the tankiest he can possibly be and his dancer kit it entirely built around that premise.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

@Fire Emblem FanShould be ingame, but here's one I stole earlier.

hu2ulm6dm6f11.png

New Heroes at 8/21 and 9/7. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we get heroes who haven't been to this game, instead of their alternative versions.

I noticed when we get alts, they mention it as Special Heroes instead of New Heroes. If I'm right, this should be interesting start for the September.

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

New Heroes at 8/21 and 9/7. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we get heroes who haven't been to this game, instead of their alternative versions.

I noticed when we get alts, they mention it as Special Heroes instead of New Heroes. If I'm right, this should be interesting start for the September.

New Heroes are permanently added to the summoning pool. Special Heroes are only available on limited time banners and/or Legendary banners. The newest flying Olivia is a new hero, but also an alt.

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

New Heroes are permanently added to the summoning pool. Special Heroes are only available on limited time banners and/or Legendary banners. The newest flying Olivia is a new hero, but also an alt.

Yeah, and we had PegaNino before her. But they came with heroes who don't have alts.

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Yeah, and we had PegaNino before her. But they came with heroes who don't have alts.

They haven’t sunk that low yet to make a non-seasonal banner of all alts. But they will come there, don’t you worry.

So looking at the event calender, I suspect that the CYL banner will end up being the September new heroes banner. One reason is that the legendary banner runs during the other banner and the idea of a legendary and CYL banner running at the same time could end up resulting in less payments for them overall than I think they'd get as separate banners. The first CYL was released on the 31st of August, so neither banner seems to be more obvious a starting date imo. There is also a GHB running during the next new hero banner, which suggests that it is unlikely to be CYL unless they make Marth as a GHB CYL unit. However, there's also a Forging bonds event during the banner and it would also make sense for that to run with CYL. However, it's also important to note that we don't know what events are on during early September so these assumptions have that flaw as is.

4 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Xander's job isn't to be fast, no matter what role he plays. Xander's job is to be the tankiest he can possibly be and his dancer kit it entirely built around that premise.

I know that, but it's also that he's almost slower than Arden, even. Speed bane Xander is a paltry 13 speed...now we know why he really needs that horse. Though, I think it really is the yukata slowing him down. Summer Xander is easily twice his dancer-version's speed. 

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Last year's CYL was listed as New Heroes.

I really hope those New Hero banners are focused on Binding Blade and Tellius. BB is so long overdue it isn't even funny, and Tellius is just underrepresented in general and where's Brom?!

I'd love CYL 2, sure, but I feel like that may not get put on the calendar.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I know that, but it's also that he's almost slower than Arden, even. Speed bane Xander is a paltry 13 speed...now we know why he really needs that horse. Though, I think it really is the yukata slowing him down. Summer Xander is easily twice his dancer-version's speed. 

While Xander's 34 Def could be better, it is pretty high for a ranged unit, and being super slow is good to allow him to be doubled and smack the opponent with a Bonfire trigger. You either want to go super fast or super slow. Having middling Spd is the worse, since that means you will still be doubled by everyone that matters, and you are not slow enough to activate Bonfire against slower units.

I heard that the seasonal Elincia from the new banner is actually RD!Elincia, whereas the normal one we have is PoR!Elincia. Likewise, the Black Knight and Bridal Sanaki are listed under PoR, while Zelgius and normal Sanaki are listed under RD. Ike also has his PoR and RD versions, one as a normal unit and the other as a legendary hero.

Maybe this is an indicator that seasonal versions for Tellius characters who are in both PoR and RD will be associated with the game that their normal version is not from. And if none (or mostly none) of them get a non-seasonal alt, I guess it's possible that a good deal of our "Radiant Dawn" representation could be PoR characters in seasonal wear.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I heard that the seasonal Elincia from the new banner is actually RD!Elincia, whereas the normal one we have is PoR!Elincia. Likewise, the Black Knight and Bridal Sanaki are listed under PoR, while Zelgius and normal Sanaki are listed under RD. Ike also has his PoR and RD versions, one as a normal unit and the other as a legendary hero.

Maybe this is an indicator that seasonal versions for Tellius characters who are in both PoR and RD will be associated with the game that their normal version is not from. And if none (or mostly none) of them get a non-seasonal alt, I guess it's possible that a good deal of our "Radiant Dawn" representation could be PoR characters in seasonal wear.

I'm unsure about that idea because dancer Elincia's title is Estival Princess. She's only a princess in PoR and a queen in RD. There is a contradiction or a mistranslation error.

The princess of Crimea who cares for her kingdom and people. It pleases her to see the smiling dancers at the summer festival. Appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Compared to Sanaki, where is normal version is from RD while the bridesmaid is from PoR. Really there are not too many changes in appearances from the two games. 

I've also heard that "princess" and "queen" get confused easily in translation, from fan material (like the Thracia script on SF, which calls Ishtar a queen), and even official material (which I believe called Lillia a heron queen by mistake). "Appears in Radiant Dawn" feels like it'd be harder to mistranslate from "appears in Path of Radiance". I suppose we could ask someone whose game is in Japanese whether Elincia's title is queen or princess in the Japanese.

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I've also heard that "princess" and "queen" get confused easily in translation, from fan material (like the Thracia script on SF, which calls Ishtar a queen), and even official material (which I believe called Lillia a heron queen by mistake). "Appears in Radiant Dawn" feels like it'd be harder to mistranslate from "appears in Path of Radiance". I suppose we could ask someone whose game is in Japanese whether Elincia's title is queen or princess in the Japanese.

Elincia's position in the Herodex puts her between Legendary Ike and Sanaki, which is squarely in the Radiant Dawn section.

Her title in Japanese is 夏空の王女 [natsuzora no oujo], which translates as "princess of the summer sky".

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, so she's definitely from Radiant Dawn.

I guess they fucked up by calling her princess instead of queen then?

Maybe I’m just weird but it might be along the lines of getting more interest in her character by emphasizing her youth and vitality as a princess. Queen usually makes people think older, less naive, and more world weary than princess. Disney does the same thing with Elsa who is literally a queen who went through her coronation but is constantly referred to as princess.

9 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Maybe I’m just weird but it might be along the lines of getting more interest in her character by emphasizing her youth and vitality as a princess. Queen usually makes people think older, less naive, and more world weary than princess. Disney does the same thing with Elsa who is literally a queen who went through her coronation but is constantly referred to as princess.

I remember hearing that theory from the Nostalgia Critic.

I mean ... I suppose that can't be ruled out as a possibility, but I'm inclined to think it was just a fuck-up. There have been enough mistakes and inconsistencies (the twice mispronunciation of Yune's name and Black Luna not being Eclipse, for starters) that I could believe they forgot -- or didn't realize -- Elincia is a queen in RD.

57 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

estival is an adjective, and adjectives are difficult to buy ...

Might want to swing by Wheel of Fortune and see if they have any up for sale.

Edited by tobuShogi