• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

I'd say the refine isn't important for level 8. Mine has the movement refine, so that's essentially just 3 HP.

I do have triangle adept 3, but I didn't bother with lance breaker. I had a different issue; Anna kept defeating the lance flier immediately. I used the default drive attack on Fjorm (instead of hone attack 3 in the video) and moved Fjorm first so the drive would not affect Anna.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Anna just needs Triangle Adept 2. Nóatún's Refinement does not do anything in combat, so even Silver Axe will probably work. I am not sure if she needs to be 5* though.

Maybe I'll try TA if I really can't get it to work. It's just I didn't want to waste any fodder on beating a 500 feather reward map. Anna is 5*, but build-wise just has Fury 2 as an A skill, which won't work. Fae is the only green I have with TA already, but she's slow so Sonya will probably kill her. I'm trying to see if Camilla can work but that Hana actually fails to kill her, or the Sonya opts to attack Veronica instead and Maribelle goes to heal her rather than moving down at Olivia. This might take a while.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think I prefer to "cheat" with how stupid the AI is, as that seems cheaper. Staff users require a lot of investment and resources that I do not have right now.

Have you tried out your Pain staff users yet? I think I will need to try to pull a lot of Takumis when he comes around.

Staff users were really low priority for me---I actually only have 2 pain staves, probably sent everyone else home. So I just AI cheesed it.

I might just give up on this, just because I've spent far more time on a Saturday for this map than 500 crappy feathers should be worth. I realize my dancer options and some other things may cause more issues following the cheese video as well, so just fixing Anna may not be enough anyway. If only I didn't have a completionist personality.

Edit: OH SHIT, NEVER MIND. I found an even better video. Bless this guy and bless dumb AI.

Edited by Alkaid

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If only I didn't have a completionist personality.

I do too, but there comes a point in which in just have to put your foot down and say "NO". All it took for me to get to that point was seeing the stat inflation that's going on in Map 5 and the knowledge that it's only going to get worse from there. I bothered with the Abyssal LHBs, but I refuse to slog through this shit mode just for rewards that amount to chump change.

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I realize my dancer options and some other things may cause more issues following the cheese video as well, so just fixing Anna may not be enough anyway.

I don't think it matters. You can't afford to lose a camp, but you can lose a lot of units and still get a good score. I lost many units that survived in the videos, and my score was well above the minimum. I'm not sure exactly how many you can lose, but it's a decent amount.

Edited by Tree

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I do too, but there comes a point in which in just have to put your foot down and say "NO". All it took for me to get to that point was seeing the stat inflation that's going on in Map 5 and the knowledge that it's only going to get worse from there. I bothered with the Abyssal LHBs, but I refuse to slog through this shit mode just for rewards that amount to chump change.

I was kind of priding myself on not using videos to beat anything up until this point, and always utilizing my main units when possible, but in this case it's just plain not worth my time with how bullshit it is. Especially when the rewards are a joke. Hours out of my weekend for literally just 500 feathers = no thanks, IS. At least the Abyssal LHBs had an unique reward and didn't feel quite as insane as this.

It's true people sometimes complained that we don't get enough challenging content, but +30 units with 99 hp is not what I had in mind.

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

I don't think it matters. You can't afford to lose a camp, but you can lose a lot of units and still get a good score. I lost many units that survived in the videos, and my score was well above the minimum. I'm not sure exactly how many you can lose, but it's a decent amount.

Going by that video I just found, I'm surprised you can lose a camp and still scrape by in points, as long as no other units die. I wouldn't have thought just letting the camp go would work. I wonder how many lost units equals losing a camp.

Edited by Alkaid

Honestly my main problem with the mode is that it's too much hassle---it's not actually hard per se, in that the right move is hard to find. It's just that it takes you like 5 minutes of unit selection every single attempt just so that the right move is even possible, since you have to make sure everyone has the right stats to AI manipulate properly. And you have to do it for 4 sets of units, every single time.

(The fact that you have to make sure units are positioned right when they spawn is extra annoying---you don't get another setup phase every time you swap teams, so you have to just memorize spawn spots and make the brigade accordingly, which is asinine.)

Edit: Like, I knew exactly what the right moves were, going into every map, it's just that finding the particular combination of colors, weapon range, and stats is a bit complicated, and every time you redo the team you have to redo 4 teams, pretty much.

On the plus side, I got the level 7 orb already, so I'll just chill and decide later whether I want to spend time on level 8 or not.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Going by that video I just found, I'm surprised you can lose a camp and still scrape by in points, as long as no other units die. I wouldn't have thought just letting the camp go would work. I wonder how many lost units equals losing a camp.

Really? Every time I've lost a camp, I didn't score well enough. I wonder how hard it is to calculate the unit value of a camp.

I haven't found a way past map 6 yet, but I like the mode so far. People complain so much about anything different and/or challenging.

I don't think it should have a stamina cost, though, that just feels silly for something in the RD slot. I also think it could use some restructuring to allow for a full two weeks of normal RD rewards without needing to play Abyssal. Then Abyssal could be more gold accessories or something?

I also think it could benefit from having all stages unlocked upfront rather than needing to go through them in order, and from adding a Swap Spaces option mid-battle when introducing a new team.

16 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’ve sent feedback too saying how bad this new mode is. 

Apology orbs when? xD

That reminds me, we were never given orbs for the skill inheritance bug (remember that?). I did sort of predict this, but it’s a bummer nonetheless.

Oh neat, if Fjorm were 4* summonable, apparently she'd be able to give Shield Pulse 3 according to Gamepedia. Saber would need to be a 5* as he'd have HP/Spd 2 instead as a 4*. Man, that would be so convenient if Fjorm was 4* summonable and in the regular summoning pool with Linus and Raven being able to abuse Pavise and Shield Pulse to cover their nonexistent defenses after L&D6.

And of course Karla has Wrath 3 as a 4*. Could you imagine the shitstorm that would have been if Karla was demoted instead of Legault? Not only would it mean one of the most powerful sword infantry became available at 4* rarity and was easier to merge, but you could throw Wrath 3 at anyone you wanted to.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

People complain so much about anything different and/or challenging.

Difficulty from horrendous design is not legitimate difficulty. This mode really is the hottest piece of garbage seen in this game yet.

The indoor map is way easier for sure, since there are walls preventing anyone but a flier from getting across. The eastern fort is closer so the enemies are drawn to it too.

Edited by Johann

Thanks again @Sunwoo for posting that link I managed to beat 6 and 7 thank to that.  I refuse to even attempt 8 for only 500 feathers.  @Othin This mode is not fun at all, while abysmal LHBs are a really good challenge.  All this new mode is stat inflation to the max and praying that some how you managed to get enough points to win.  I don't have a problem with a challenge, but relay defense is not challenging in a good way at all.  Relay defense now takes the spot as my most loathed game mode I can normally find some reason to like a mode even if it does have faults but nothing can save this from the trash heap.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I haven't found a way past map 6 yet, but I like the mode so far. People complain so much about anything different and/or challenging.

The biggest 'difficulty' I had was how hard it was to swap the location of units in my brigade. (Seriously, try organizing a brigade with your units and friend units, and see how many button presses a simple swap takes.)

The second biggest 'difficulty' was the fact that I can't see what the enemy reinforcements are until I go into the map and kill some people.

That's not a game mode being hard, that's a game mode being badly designed. A better brigade menu and another setup phase (where you get to change where units start) every time your new people teleport in would make this mode a lot less tedious to play. Ideally they should've just made this like tempest trials, where every 'relay' phase is a new menu where you get to pick units---if that's how it worked, a lot of people would be able to clear even Abyssal in the first attempt, rather than having to restart the entire mode every time they wanted to swap one unit.

@Alkaid @Sunwoo Wow thank you for these semi F2P tactics to clear this BS. I think the mode is cool and challenging at higher difficulties, but Abyssal is just poop. The solution to these modes is basically manipulate/abuse game mechanics (pain/gravity double savage blow, force ranged units to be choke points, etc.). The reward is totally not worth the effort, literally. Blessed Gardens is pretty decent on its own and gives you 2k feathers, 20 dew or 5 orbs plus a blessing while Abyssal gives you cosmetic rewards, 1 orb or 500 shards, lool.

My reaction to RD double Abyssal

(╯ ͡° ل͜ ͡°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Me after clearing it

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)╭∩╮

Lol

45 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The biggest 'difficulty' I had was how hard it was to swap the location of units in my brigade. (Seriously, try organizing a brigade with your units and friend units, and see how many button presses a simple swap takes.)

The second biggest 'difficulty' was the fact that I can't see what the enemy reinforcements are until I go into the map and kill some people.

That's not a game mode being hard, that's a game mode being badly designed. A better brigade menu and another setup phase (where you get to change where units start) every time your new people teleport in would make this mode a lot less tedious to play. Ideally they should've just made this like tempest trials, where every 'relay' phase is a new menu where you get to pick units---if that's how it worked, a lot of people would be able to clear even Abyssal in the first attempt, rather than having to restart the entire mode every time they wanted to swap one unit.

I expect apology Orbs for this mode.

The stat inflation is ridiculous.  I can't even kill a Triangle Adept Cordelia with Hector.  And anything less than one-shotting the enemies leads to quickly being swarmed.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I expect apology Orbs for this mode.

The stat inflation is ridiculous.  I can't even kill a Triangle Adept Cordelia with Hector.  And anything less than one-shotting the enemies leads to quickly being swarmed.

Well, you get enough points to win even if you don't kill anyone, I think, as long as most of your people survive + you keep all forts.

What I did was just shoot the back-liners that can cause problems, and then cause a 5 melee pile up in front of my fort while I sit someone who deals like 10 damage a hit on it. And then I press the end turn button 5 or 6 times. This is blatantly abusing the fact that the AI is braindead, though. (On level 6 and 8 the choke point is narrow enough that you can just force a single ranged unit next to the fort and then block it with 2 units*, causing a 20 unit pileup so you can just spam the end turn button.)

*Edit: Thinking about it, you don't even need 2 units, the fort also blocks movement.

I'm pretty sure some Pain staff spam + Vantage CC or Vantage DC would work alright, but I haven't tested it since I only have 2 pain staves in my box.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, you get enough points to win even if you don't kill anyone, I think, as long as most of your people survive + you keep all forts.

What I did was just shoot the back-liners that can cause problems, and then cause a 5 melee pile up in front of my fort while I sit someone who deals like 10 damage a hit on it. And then I press the end turn button 5 or 6 times. This is blatantly abusing the fact that the AI is braindead, though. (On level 6 and 8 the choke point is narrow enough that you can just force a single ranged unit next to the fort and then block it with 2 units*, causing a 20 unit pileup so you can just spam the end turn button.)

*Edit: Thinking about it, you don't even need 2 units, the fort also blocks movement.

I'm pretty sure some Pain staff spam + Vantage CC or Vantage DC would work alright, but I haven't tested it since I only have 2 pain staves in my box.

I'll have to try some AI abuse later.  The mode costs stamina, and I had units to train today.