Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

53 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Is anyone else getting as curbstomped on the new Fire Garden map as I am? Just the first map is insane.

Seriously, against 5 units all with inflated HP and good luck using any armors to bait because the Cavalier has an Armorslayer. I'm not seeing how this is even beatable.

Ironically, I beat the first one with armors. Granted, the armorslayer was killed by Bold Fighter BB H!Jakob, so I made it trivial. B!Hector, L!Hector and Grima made the rest rather easy. But that was my case, with pretty synergestic teams. Once someone is at a point where he has a lot of blessed units, e.g. someone like me, who collects a lot of units he likes, these chain challenges become rather easy, same with AA and the like.

I will say this, though: I agree that this one was pretty tough in comparison to the previous ones. I actually failed on the last map, just by lazily underestimating it. It felt like FEH year 1, the first time I tackled that Veronica map. Nothing my B!Lyn + dancers couldn't handle on my second attempt, though (weakening Veronica with Melee was necessary).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Ironically, I beat the first one with armors. Granted, the armorslayer was killed by Bold Fighter BB H!Jakob, so I made it trivial. B!Hector, L!Hector and Grima made the rest rather easy. But that was my case, with pretty synergestic teams. Once someone is at a point where he has a lot of blessed units, e.g. someone like me, who collects a lot of units he likes, these chain challenges become rather easy, same with AA and the like.

I will say this, though: I agree that this one was pretty tough in comparison to the previous ones. I actually failed on the last map, just by lazily underestimating it. It felt like FEH year 1, the first time I tackled that Veronica map. Nothing my B!Lyn + dancers couldn't handle on my second attempt, though (weakening Veronica with Melee was necessary).

One feature I would like to see from Garden and Squad Assault is the ability to retry a map without starting again. Heroes is a deterministic game, if you repeat the same choices you always get the same result. If I've passed the first two maps before, then I can pass them again, it's no challenge. It's a waste if my time to make me do them again because I fail the last map. And it's not like Chain Challenge where how well you do in the previous maps determine the difficulty of the later maps. It's straight up pass or fail system. The challenge from Gardens and Squad Assault is rationing your units to take on the maps with the best team set up available. Doing the first map more than once with a guaranteed successful strategy isn't making the mode any more difficult, just more tedious.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

One feature I would like to see from Garden and Squad Assault is the ability to retry a map without starting again. Heroes is a deterministic game, if you repeat the same choices you always get the same result. If I've passed the first two maps before, then I can pass them again, it's no challenge. It's a waste if my time to make me do them again because I fail the last map. And it's not like Chain Challenge where how well you do in the previous maps determine the difficulty of the later maps. It's straight up pass or fail system. The challenge from Gardens and Squad Assault is rationing your units to take on the maps with the best team set up available. Doing the first map more than once with a guaranteed successful strategy isn't making the mode any more difficult, just more tedious.

they won't due to SA using stamina. GHB maps used to be the same when they cost stamina, they only started with the retry after they removed stamina costs.

Potential spoilers for the next banner (though only speculation at this point):

Spoiler

According to this post on Reddit, the next banner might be Radiant Dawn again. Do you think this means more beasts, or will we get human characters? We're still missing a few humans from Tellius, but we miss more big names on the Laguz side, like Dheginsea and Caineghis. Perhaps they'll choose to have both beasts and human characters appear jointly.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hide contents

According to this post on Reddit, the next banner might be Radiant Dawn again. Do you think this means more beasts, or will we get human characters? We're still missing a few humans from Tellius, but we miss more big names on the Laguz side, like Dheginsea and Caineghis. Perhaps they'll choose to have both beasts and human characters appear jointly.

Spoiler

I could easily see both Haar and Jill being in the next one.  I would love Nolan as well, but doubt he's popular or female enough to make it in.  I'm not sure if they'll try to go for a theme, or just pick a hodgepodge of the most popular remaining female units.

Spoiler

I'd be all for another RD banner.  Tellius is still quite lacking in representation after all.  Personally I'd love for Pelleas to get in, but considering he hasn't even gotten a Cipher card yet...probably better not to get my hopes up.

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Is anyone else getting as curbstomped on the new Fire Garden map as I am? Just the first map is insane.

Seriously, against 5 units all with inflated HP and good luck using any armors to bait because the Cavalier has an Armorslayer. I'm not seeing how this is even beatable.

So I wasn’t the only one! I probably had to attempt the first map about eight times before I found a way to advance, and then I had my own issues with the third map thanks to the stupid healer with gravity screwing everything up. Second map wasn’t too bad at least, but man I was fuming for a good half hour thanks to this. Screw this one.

The first Fire Map was tough, but managed to figure it out with a team of Cav Ephraim, Tome Eirika, Cain, and Cav Marth.  It's kinda of scuzzy putting Cav and Armor effective weapons on the same map, since all my Fire blessed units are Cavs or Armors.

The second map was pretty easy, just bait and reposition.

The last map was actually the hardest for me.  The gravity cav was screwing me over when I baited Xander and is way too bulky for a troubadour.  Finally managed to beat it with Green Olwen, Walmart, Silas, and Luke.

37 minutes ago, Thane said:

Reveal hidden contents

My thoughts

Spoiler

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yune just ate my Orbs! :sob:

If I assume Ilyana is on it, and she is very popular, well I can likely skip Blue then. However, if she shares Blue with someone else I like, say Ranulf the very blue cat, then I'm going to skip going for them until they appear on a banner apart from another Blue, however long that will be. I'm so afraid of being pitybroken now, after getting four Kageros whom I will likely never actually sacrifice due to being rare SI material. Hopefully this would help let me get the other two on the banner.

If it isn't Tellius that is next, perhaps those extra files are just placeholders for a later date? IS knows what they'll be adding and when. It doesn't have to be immediately the next.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
Spoiler

If it isn't Tellius that is next, perhaps those extra files are just placeholders for a later date? IS knows what they'll be adding and when. It doesn't have to be immediately the next.

Spoiler

I won't pretend to know anything about this, but the poster on Reddit said Echoes' unit order remained unchanged after Duma was implemented. That might mean Echoes won't be getting anything soon and that Radiant Dawn might get something in the coming months, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Hm... So Yune is #15, which means we may get a 4 heroes banner (#10 to #13) and a GHB #14. But where is Sanaki on the list? The Sanaki we have is from RD.

Spoiler

radiantdawnbanner2.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

Hm... So Yune is #15, which means we may get a 4 heroes banner (#10 to #13) and a GHB #14. But where is Sanaki on the list? The Sanaki we have is from RD.

Reveal hidden contents

radiantdawnbanner2.png

Well that is weird.

Spoiler

No Sanaki anywhere on that. Was she programmed into a PoR slot? She did come long before anyone else on that list. It wouldn't surprise me they'd do that rather than just throw them in the only slot for their game.

I wonder who the GHB will be? Aran? Jarod? Numida? Ludveck? Valtome? Hetzel? Izuka? Lekain? Sephiran? A PC who was never an enemy or was only an enemy in PoR, or nominally one during Part 3 of RD? (Haar would be in the middle category.) Naesala is labeled RD here, but he was only fought in PoR, they could do that again.

And as a reminder, Genealogy got its last two banners back in May and September. That had three months between them. And Flora's Fates and Adrift were in September and November, just one month between them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

radiantdawnbanner2.png

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that is weird.

Hide contents

No Sanaki anywhere on that. Was she programmed into a PoR slot? She did come long before anyone else on that list. It wouldn't surprise me they'd do that rather than just throw them in the only slot for their game.

I wonder who the GHB will be? Aran? Jarod? Numida? Ludveck? Valtome? Hetzel? Izuka? Lekain? Sephiran? A PC who was never an enemy or was only an enemy in PoR, or nominally one during Part 3 of RD? (Haar would be in the middle category.) Naesala is labeled RD here, but he was only fought in PoR, they could do that again.

And as a reminder, Genealogy got its last two banners back in May and September. That had three months between them. And Flora's Fates and Adrift were in September and November, just one month between them.

Spoiler

Sanaki was the only RD unit for almost a year, so maybe they started a Tellius file that became PoR, then they started a new one when Micaiah came.

Personally I didn't have very much trouble with the fire grounds. On the first map, I had Sanaki kill the Axe armor on the first turn and from then on used that little space as a chokepoint (lowest right 4 squares). The other maps werent a big problem either. I had a lot more trouble with the last few grounds.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

they won't due to SA using stamina. GHB maps used to be the same when they cost stamina, they only started with the retry after they removed stamina costs.

Wouldn't be difficult to add Stamina into a retry option (and I'm not even talking a straight up retry, I think you should be able to reorganize your team after a failed attempt).

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@DLNarshen I can see IntSys adding a beast killer weapon in the next PoR/RD banner.

Maybe they could add beastkilling effect to the Silver weapons.  It wold fit.

Conversely, it would be really funny if Shinon was given a Beast KIller bow to rid us of all these subhumans.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Sentinel07 @Silverly Me too! Micaiah was a life saver on that map for me! The others 2 maps weren't that bad.

I thank you for the Micaiah mention. Giving both her and Ninian a Fire blessing helped make that map easier finally. Third map was also a pain but putting Valentine Ike and Legendary Roy together proved to be a winning combo eventually.

That was definitely the biggest pain these Gardens have been in some time. Just glad I was actually able to pull through.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I thank you for the Micaiah mention. Giving both her and Ninian a Fire blessing helped make that map easier finally. Third map was also a pain but putting Valentine Ike and Legendary Roy together proved to be a winning combo eventually.

That was definitely the biggest pain these Gardens have been in some time. Just glad I was actually able to pull through.

I used Nanna in the final map. Restore+ was really useful to deal with the gravity status.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Depends, Haar and Ranulf are the most popular Tellius characters not in the game yet going by CYL2 so they're likely next, but I don't think they'll do a mixed banner between the groups yet since Beasts have been released exclusively so far and there's a number they can still do from those games. So it may depend on which one they want to do first in that case. If it's Haar, then I think it'll be a Daein banner with him, Jill, Illyana and one other character since those two are close enough in popularity to be chosen alongside him and a fourth Daein character like Edward or Nolan could still sell or function as a Thea. If it's Ranulf then it may be a Gallea banner with him, Lethe, Mordecai, and Caineghis/Skrimir since that country was skipped over in the last Laguz banner and like with Jill and Illyana, Lethe is a very popular character.

I'm not sure which one would be the Grand Hero Battle though, Skrimir maybe for the Laguz? Dheginsea would also be a good choice, though I could see them saving him for a Mythical or Dragon Laguz banner. 

Spoiler

If we're getting Tellius, I could see them putting either Shinon, Pelleas, or Sephiran as the unit. Though I think they'll save Sephiran for a LHB banner at some point, instead. Or just give him a whole banner with Begnion!Zelgius, Staff!Sanaki, and one of the Begnion Pegasi. Either way, I hope the go the way of Naesala for Pelleas, Naesala's broken af and Pelleas' been given a hard enough time as it is. He deserves his time to shine!