Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Ah. Sorry if I came off aggressive; reading the other Heroes topic when people just kept dishing out SoV plot details before being asked to keep it down has me trying to be cautious around seeing spoilers.

Lol that was actually this topic, and i still remember what we talked about back then which is basically just Faye

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

30 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Ah. Sorry if I came off aggressive; reading the other Heroes topic when people just kept dishing out SoV plot details before being asked to keep it down has me trying to be cautious around seeing spoilers.

There is nothing to spoil from a remake from 1992.

3 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Bullshit. A remake of a game from 25 years ago that few people have played and even fewer know the story of, and which has the potential for changes in details in the remake? There are absolutely things to spoil.

This is a situation where there are plenty of people around who aren't particularly familiar with the story and plan on experiencing it for themselves soon. That's exactly the type of situation where spoilers are particularly important to stay careful of, remake or not.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

oh, your previous sentence mentioned mist :0

I was replying to SatsumaFSatsumaFSoySoySoySoy

2 hours ago, L9999 said:

Yes, because it's not like people are allowed to redo plots from the games originally remade, let alone NES games. That's crazy! ...Yes, there IS stuff to spoil.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Yes, because it's not like people are allowed to redo plots from the games originally remade, let alone NES games. That's crazy! ...Yes, there IS stuff to spoil.

The same could apply to any remake. Asking for no spoilers in what's basically an information pool is rather foolish. If the person truly cared about "not getting spoiled", that person would stay away from ANY possible source that could provide said "spoilers". 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The same could apply to any remake. Asking for no spoilers in what's basically an information pool is rather foolish. If the person truly cared about "not getting spoiled", that person would stay away from ANY possible source that could provide said "spoilers". 

But on a forum like this, where topics in the Echoes subforum are supposed to be labeled as "spoilers" for now (not to mention this is the Heroes subforum), it should be common sense to put any SoV plot details into spoiler tags outside of said subforum.

Does anyone else think there should be hone/goad/fortify/ward infantry skills?  I feel like the further into the game we get the more cavalry and flier teams will benefit (more flier mages).  Armored emblems aren't really a threat because they don't have magical attackers so they can't really compete.  Vice versa for Dragon teams.  And considering infantry don't get benefits like cavalry and fliers do, they can't afford to be punished further.

I have a cavalry team and only need 7 flags a week to get 4,700 points.  I lose maybe one game every 3 weeks.

34 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It's possible for someone to care about avoiding something without wanting to have to give up activities to avoid it.

Avoiding doing things people are likely to find bothersome is the definition of basic politeness. Or at the very least, doing it in a non-bothersome way, such as putting spoilers under spoiler tags.

What bothers me isn't the spoiling so much as the followup reactions. 

If you spoil something because you assume most people would know the information already and thus think you aren't spoiling anything, that's one thing. 

If people then tell you that there are, in fact, a large number of people that don't know the information and request for you to put any further information in spoiler tags, and you apologize, then that's fine because it was an honest mistake. 

If you spoil something and then have people telling you most people don't know the information and ask you politely to put any further information in spoiler tags and your reaction is "Lol it's an old game, so it's fine. Plus you're dumb for coming onto a site that has the potential for spoilers" (when the site in question asks people to put this sort of information in spoiler tags), then you're just being a dick.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

25 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Does anyone else think there should be hone/goad/fortify/ward infantry skills?  I feel like the further into the game we get the more cavalry and flier teams will benefit (more flier mages).  Armored emblems aren't really a threat because they don't have magical attackers so they can't really compete.  Vice versa for Dragon teams.  And considering infantry don't get benefits like cavalry and fliers do, they can't afford to be punished further.

I have a cavalry team and only need 7 flags a week to get 4,700 points.  I lose maybe one game every 3 weeks.

No. There are so many more options for infantry units that building teams around them is easy. Restricting the most powerful buff skills to other movement types gives reason to use characters and teams that wouldn't otherwise be worthwhile.

I'd like to see future dragons introduce the remaining "dragon buff" skills, though. It could also be interesting to see other limited team types get explored that way, such as a series of "bow buff" skills.

23 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

What bothers me isn't the spoiling so much as the followup reactions. 

If you spoil something because you assume most people would know the information already and thus you aren't spoiling anything, that's one thing. 

If people then tell you that there are, in fact, a large number of people that don't know the information and request for you to put any further information in spoiler tags, and you apologize, then that's fine because it was an honest mistake. 

If you spoil something and then have people telling you most people don't know the information and ask you politely to put any further information in spoiler tags and your reaction is "Lol it's an old game, so it's fine. Plus you're dumb for coming onto a site that has the potential for spoilers (when the site in question asks people to put this sort of information in spoiler tags," then you're just being a dick.

Exactly.

Edited by Othin

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

No. There are so many more options for infantry units that building teams around them is easy. Restricting the most powerful buff skills to other movement types give reason to use characters and teams that wouldn't otherwise be worthwhile.

I'd like to see future dragons introduce the remaining "dragon buff" skills, though. It could also be interesting to see other limited team types get explored that way, such as a series of "bow buff" skills.

Exactly.

Yeah infantry has a load of stuff at their disposal. A variety of top tier mages, dancers, all the dragons, every dagger and current bow user and that's on top of the genreally good variety of normal weapons.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's possible for someone to care about avoiding something without wanting to have to give up activities to avoid it.

It sounds like a cheap excuse to me when the "anti-spoiler" person can just immediately close the tab. The fact that the person would stay and "get spoiled" by reading said "spoiler" is just them unconsciously wanting that information. In the end. it's that person's own fault for having a weak will. We are in the era of fast information and avoiding information just gets harder and harder.

"Give up activities"? It's not like I'd be asking them to stop eating. If they don't want to know something, they have to sacrifice some of those activities temporarily. Nothing is truly free, after all. 

If anything and to minimize further complaints from the vocal anti-spoiler people, a spoiler tag should be enough.

@ infantry buffs: They could use some, especially staff users. With the rise of Horse Emblem, we should be getting anti cavalry weapons such as the Horseslayer soon.

Edited by Lord-Zero

33 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Mist's res/def +3 is basically infantry ward.

Hone and Fortify's main advantage is actually buffing 2 stats at once, rather than the fact that you get +6 rather than +4, but that advantage decreases if more hone/fortify S-seals are released. (Or if, say, Rally Spectrum or some other similar multi-buff skill appears).

Personally I think Infantry is fine without type specific buffs, due to being the most common unit type---having the largest pool of units to pick from means that you can min-max easier, so there's less need to use buffs to cover weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It sounds like a cheap excuse to me when the "anti-spoiler" person can just immediately close the tab. The fact that the person would stay and "get spoiled" by reading said "spoiler" is just them unconsciously wanting that information. In the end. it's that person's own fault for having a weak will. We are in the era of fast information and avoiding information just gets harder and harder.

"Give up activities"? It's not like I'd be asking them to stop eating. If they don't want to know something, they have to sacrifice some of those activities temporarily. Nothing is truly free, after all. 

If anything and to minimize further complaints from the vocal anti-spoiler people, a spoiler tag should be enough.

I already said spoiler tags are fine. But without tags or some other warning, it's not really possible to recognize something as a spoiler until you've already seen the spoilery part. Even if you recognize midway through a remark that it's heading somewhere spoilery, tearing yourself away from something mid-sentence isn't something everyone can do. Personally, I read too fast for that.

I'd say "stay off the internet for like a month" is a much bigger sacrifice than "use spoiler tags". So just do it and quit ranting about how much work other people should do rather than you showing them some basic courtesy, alright? Bye now.

I'm honestly still rather annoyed about spoilers because people were adding Sun & Moon's villain to the topic of villains not in Smash. That time, the tags were hardly enough.

Spoiler

I was hoping Lusamine wasn't going to wind up being the obvious villain... but at least she was a good one.

As for Hone/Fortify Infantry... well, obviously I want it for Blade Emblem (I'm using Lilina/Nino/Linde rather than Leo/Cecilia/Ursula).

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

I already said spoiler tags are fine. But without tags or some other warning, it's not really possible to recognize something as a spoiler until you've already seen the spoilery part. Even if you recognize midway through a remark that it's heading somewhere spoilery, tearing yourself away from something mid-sentence isn't something everyone can do. Personally, I read too fast for that.

I'd say "stay off the internet for like a month" is a much bigger sacrifice than "use spoiler tags". So just do it and quit ranting about how much work other people should do rather than you showing them some basic courtesy, alright? Bye now.

The instant you even see the would-be spoiler content should be the cue to close the tab and watch a cat video or something completely unrelated. It's still that person's own fault if the person keeps reading. Staying off the internet for a while would actually be the best piece of advice in this crazy internet-centered world. No joke about that one. 

@phineas81707: That one...was very easy to spot the second we saw her speech and Guzma's punk-like behavior. GameFreak didn't try hard on that one. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Guys...

Is this real??

LMWkfRz.jpg

Is this real or is fanmade? A friend send me the picture, but she doesn't know if is real.

And if this is real... BYE MY ORBS! IT WAS GOOD TO KNOW YOU!!

Edited by SniperGYS

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Guys...

Is this real??

Hide contents

LMWkfRz.jpg

Is this real or is fanmade? A friend send me the picture, but she doesn't know if is real.

I don't see any Reddit posts about it, so I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The instant you even see the would-be spoiler content should be the cue to close the tab and watch a cat video or something completely unrelated. It's still that person's own fault if the person keeps reading. Staying off the internet for a while would actually be the best piece of advice in this crazy internet-centered world. No joke about that one. 

@phineas81707: That one...was very easy to spot the second we saw her speech and Guzma's punk-like behavior. GameFreak didn't try hard on that one. 

I dunno- she seemed pretty genuine. And Alola was supposed to be the region of subverting expectations:

Spoiler

we've never had a good team before, and instead of thinking "oh hey, we're getting one now", we got "oh look what a surprise the uniformed team is actually evil".

4 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Guys...

Is this real??

Reveal hidden contents

LMWkfRz.jpg

I think that's just from DeviantArt if you do a reverse Google image search