• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I've been doing the 10th Stratum quests with my newly upgraded cavalry team and it's a blast. One funny moment was an enemy phase where both Xander and Camus each took out an enemy mage on the counterattack from different parts of the map, and I spent a moment confused about how Xander was in two places at once before remembering that there was two of him now.

Blue Xander is great. I might have him take over the not-Sharena blue spot on my arena team from Reinhardt once he finishes learning his skills, since being melee and having all top-level skills should give him better scores. (Reinhardt still has Death Blow 2 for the moment, and changing that will require pulling either two Kleins or a second Hinata.)

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Tier lists are for squares. I say, screw the haters and make a 5 star Oboro for keks.

What does squares stand for? I don't get it and wanted to ask you when you said seals are for squares :P:

Regarding Hector and any armor movement, Pivot is a must have and is pretty terrifying for arena defense as well. I find swap better on high move units and even infantry units since it works as a mini dance, making your swapped unit move further. Another use for swap is when you need to block a melee unit and protect a ranged one.

Idk assists are the best. Reposition is also beast, making units jump one side to another. Draw back is the best for knocking off silly armors.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

What does squares stand for? I don't get it and wanted to ask you when you said seals are for squares.

Squares are plain and lame.

No reason not to run Pivot on an armor, unless you're playing Armor Emblem in which case Swap is preferable.

Also, Reposition is king.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What does squares stand for? I don't get it and wanted to ask you when you said seals are for squares :P:

A square is anyone boring lame or dull

AKA a regular plain old ordinary heifer, and I'm no ordinary heifer!

Personally, I dislike circles because circlejerks can get really delusional and hugbox-y. Ironic, because a box is not a circle.

Edited by Sunwoo

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

A square is anyone boring lame or dull

AKA a regular plain old ordinary heifer, and I'm no ordinary heifer!

Squares are beautiful what are you talking about :awesome:

Oh fine, lol.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

After taking organic chemistry I never want to see another hexagon in my life.

What are you talking about organic chemistry was great failing was benzene rings :P:

But yeah, organic chemistry is sure a thing.

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm more a fan of triangles.

Anything that doesn't have 4 sides is better than a square (so even rectangles are squares, though I don't think that's true in terms of geometry), so triangles are pretty cool too if you ask me.

I personally prefer Circles.

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Squares are beautiful what are you talking about :awesome:

Oh fine, lol.

Squares are beautiful, if you're a square.

You a square Quintessence? 

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anything that doesn't have 4 sides is better than a square (so even rectangles are squares, though I don't think that's true in terms of geometry), so triangles are pretty cool too if you ask me.

I personally prefer Circles.

Squares are beautiful, if you're a square.

You a square Quintessence? 

A square is a pretty good shape, to be honest:

Lines and circles have no points.

Triangles only have 3 points vs. a square's 4.

Pentagons and higher have really shitty points because their angles are too large.

Squares, the deadliest polygon.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

A square is a pretty good shape, to be honest:

Lines and circles have no points.

Triangles only have 3 points vs. a square's 4.

Pentagons and higher have really shitty points because their angles are too large.

Squares, the deadliest polygon.

But you can ram a triangle into a square, and the square can't defend itself.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

A square can let itself be rammed, transform into two triangles, and own the triangle 2v1.

If a square turns into triangles, who really wins?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

A square can let itself be rammed, transform into two triangles, and own the triangle 2v1.

But the two triangles only have half the power of the original square. It's easy pickings.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But the two triangles only have half the power of the original square. It's easy pickings.

There are certain teams where each individual, alone, is stronger than the team together. Observe:

A square has 4 points, which is 33% stronger than a triangle's 3 points.

But 2 triangles have 6 points, which is 50% stronger than the original square.

Edit: A square loses bulk, sure, but it gains stability---a triangle is the stablest polygon shape, very resistant to shear forces. This would've been an advantage for the triangle... if the square couldn't turn into two of them.

@Othin A square can turn itself into 2 triangles with a single, diagonal cut---a simple transformation. But a triangle can't turn itself into a square without at least 2 cuts (forming a square and two triangles), a difficult transformation.

A square can turn into two triangles and back with minimum fuss, but a single triangle (as opposed to a pair of triangles, like a square could turn into), has great difficulty turning into shapes other than more triangles.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

There are certain teams where each individual, alone, is stronger than the team together. Observe:

A square has 4 points, which is 33% stronger than a triangle's 3 points.

But 2 triangles have 6 points, which is 50% stronger than the original square.

The split triangles may have more points, but it doesn't work like that. Their area has been reduced greatly from the original square. Their tiny size can't hold that power.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Did you decide? Oboro it is, right?

Yup

I need a few more Feathers, cause I want to do everything in one go, but Oboro is getting the VIP treatment

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The split triangles may have more points, but it doesn't work like that. Their area has been reduced greatly from the original square. Their tiny size can't hold that power.

Just the opposite, actually. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

Smaller things have an easier time holding more power by mass.