Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Is summoning odds not what we think?  I was playing around with gamepress' summoning simulator and it was saying I needed consistently 1000+ orbs to get all four focus characters on the wedding banner. 

Yes, I understand how odds work and this is a possibility but...most people got all of them in ~300-500 orbs.  The gamepress odds seem like they're completely off.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

*vomits*

Good thing it's impossible to nauseate me.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Dammit. This whole time I've been training a Hana that I thought was the free one with neutral natures but is actually Res+/Spd-. My work was for nothiiiiiing

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Cheer up bud

At least now she can learn skills for the neutral one!

Yep, just look at as you've already done a lot of SP grinding and merge that one into a better one once you get her.  She's 3*, so you'll get her eventually.  That's the way I look at it for all my -Atk units.

Funny thing is, I pulled a +Atk -Def Hana a while ago myself!

Praise @Rezanator!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Good thing it's impossible to nauseate me.

Robots can't really vomit anyway XD

I'm sure you've seen MUCH worse before too. Reminds me of a particular episode of House...

Good times...

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Is summoning odds not what we think?  I was playing around with gamepress' summoning simulator and it was saying I needed consistently 1000+ orbs to get all four focus characters on the wedding banner. 

Yes, I understand how odds work and this is a possibility but...most people got all of them in ~300-500 orbs.  The gamepress odds seem like they're completely off.

It could be how they calculate it, and it could be that the maximum necessary value for all people to get all four focus characters you need at least the 1000+ orbs as a gurantee for everyone. Some people can be as unlucky as not getting after even 300-500 orbs. Either that or it could be way off, just my guess.

Hm, also - what do you guys think will come with the update through leaks?  They've been a lot more secretive with upcoming banners (hiding them behind more walls or not putting data in game until release date) so I think we'll just see new quests and perhaps the next GHB after the other New Mystery one (can't remember her name).

We could also see some special august banner leaks considering they teased wedding banner (probably purposefully) a month ahead of it. 

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Funny thing is, I pulled a +Atk -Def Hana a while ago myself!

Praise @Rezanator!

Robots can't really vomit anyway XD

I'm sure you've seen MUCH worse before too. Reminds me of a particular episode of House...

Good times...

The worst thing I ever saw was during my pathology rotation, I had to assist on an autopsy on a body that had been found in a house with no AC in August after a week.  That's the closest I've come.

10 minutes ago, Lushen said:

6 minutes ago, Altina said:

It could be how they calculate it, and it could be that the maximum necessary value for all people to get all four focus characters you need at least the 1000+ orbs as a gurantee for everyone. Some people can be as unlucky as not getting after even 300-500 orbs. Either that or it could be way off, just my guess.

Technically, there's never a 100% guarantee that's you'll get everybody.  You could use 10K Orbs and still not get them all, with how RNG works.

Having colors be shared also makes it harder to get everybody, since if there's a color with only one unit, you can stop pulling that color, once you have the unit.  Since the Brides are 2Blue/2Gray, you'll have to keep pulling those two color, and could potentially get the one you've already pulled.  I got Cordelia 5 times before I got Lyn.

14 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually I just realized, a chuunibyou Celica kinda technically already exists; Erica Lindbeck also voices Futaba from Persona 5.

With -Def, Selena's bulk is 37/29/28, which is pretty damn incredible still. I plan on getting her a Wo Dao (someday) and making her slightly more focused in offense.

-snap-

Oh, cool, so she's a squid too.

I kind of want a more defensive Selena or one who's defensive by being a hard check against greens while also going along with my stupid and desperate idea of using L&D3 to have at least another unit besides Lucina to counter Veronica. Yes, yes, G Tomebreaker Sophia or whatever red mage is cheaper along with getting Athena or Lon'qu, masked Lucina, or Lloyd up to speed, but it's me, the guy with no other red mages besides Raigh and Sophia, and I've given up hope on getting a red mage through summoning. -Def with L&D3 drops her down to 24 defense and 23 resistance. That's basically a less bulkier Navarre in terms of HP. Ruby Sword would patch things up since I intend for her to be an anti-green units, but with melee units who have high attack are still going to take a chunk of her HP for someone with a gem weapon.

Still overall bulky, though. 37 HP, 40 Spd, 24 Def, and 23 Res. You'd need to do 61 physical or 60 magical to kill her and you'd need to have 45 speed to double her. Maybe I should go with the +Spd, -Res Selena I have lying around. Current Selena is +Def, -HP which with L&D3, would mean she'd have to take 64 physical or 57 magical as a 5* to die. +Spd, -Res would need to take 64 physical or 56 magical to die, but has the added bonus that you need to have at least 48 speed to double her. Sucks that her resistance would be more meh, especially when the reason I'm considering this build is to fight a green mage.

BLARGH. Red mage GHB can't come any sooner. *cue red mage unit having 20 attack and 16 speed*

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

3.3% when pulling red.

Is my luck 3.3% good... Probably not -.- 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Me too, I wouldn't mind Eldigan for my Horse Emblem team, but Xander already fits the sword hole pretty nicely.  If they do a Banner I don't care about in a few days, I might pull on this one.

Pretty much just it xD 

So I'm sorta hoping for a bad banner... but probably not lol

My problem is that I like most people in FE... and they've already got the Ike/Soren banner out the way... Darn lol 

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Personally I don't think Eldigan is worth when Xander is already a psycho himself

My Xander is all maxed out. He was too good! 

What will I do without a red 5* horse to sort things out now!!!? 

*Notices Cain and Luke looking in direction*

Uh.... What will I do without a blonde red 5* horse to sort things out now!!!? 

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm still rocking Armored Blow on my Xander, but I've got QR, too, and it works great, with Fort Cavalry, pretty much only Blues and Red Mages can hurt him, with 43 Def.

Same here, I hadn't thought to put TA on him... partially because I don't have TA fodder at the moment, but also because he mostly does just fine. 

Team is him plus QR!Camus, LaD2+Desperation+Luna!Olwen, and LaD2+Luna+Gronnblade Cecilia.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm still rocking Armored Blow on my Xander, but I've got QR, too, and it works great, with Fort Cavalry, pretty much only Blues and Red Mages can hurt him, with 43 Def.

On my team, Xander Tanks Physical and Titania Tanks Magic.  My TItania hits 40 Res with Fort Cavalry

My Xander has R Tomebreaker inherited so he can be my red and green mage killer. Not much use now, but I'm ready for the swarms of Celicas in the future. 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

On my team, Xander Tanks Physical and Titania Tanks Magic.  My TItania hits 40 Res with Fort Cavalry

My Xander has R Tomebreaker inherited so he can be my red and green mage killer. Not much use now, but I'm ready for the swarms of Celicas in the future. 

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

PEMN

Personal

Experience

Means

Nothing

That's literally it.

Looks like Maintenance has the game down.  Darn, I shouldn't have been responsible and tried to finish my paperwork before playing.

I think with the next banner coming up soon, it's likely that the next batch of characters will be datamined in this update. Of course with that being said, I can't share anything so I'll probably just say whether or not I'm excited.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I think with the next banner coming up soon, it's likely that the next batch of characters will be datamined in this update. Of course with that being said, I can't share anything so I'll probably just say whether or not I'm excited.

I know datamining is semi-frowned upon, but are we not allowed to talk about leaks anymore?  I would love to know who's up next.  I've only done a couple Pulls in the last month and got quite an Orb reserve now.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I know datamining is semi-frowned upon, but are we not allowed to talk about leaks anymore?  I would love to know who's up next.  I've only done a couple Pulls in the last month and got quite an Orb reserve now.

According to eclispe, we can, but anything that is datamined must be inserted into a spoiler. We're not allowed to talk about it until it is officially revealed (unless it's in spoilers). I can understand why though.

She updated the thread to include datamining. In case you haven't noticed.

Edited by Falcom

21 minutes ago, Falcom said:

actually, they might not be

this update will probably have the june stuff, quests and all, and it'll probably show what new focuses are coming up, but the characters themselves are usually added not long before they can actually be summoned, probably so they don't get revealed before the trailer

this could have the new characters, and it'll probably have the next GHB if it's not clarisse, but it's also possible that it might just be the quests and stuff. although it might have the name of the next focus, which could give at least a hint as to who the next characters will be.

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

According to eclispe, we can, but anything that is datamined must be inserted into a spoiler. We're not allowed to talk about it until it is officially revealed (unless it's in spoilers). I can understand why though.

She updated the thread to include datamining. In case you haven't noticed.

It sounds like we can discuss it, as long as we put it in spoilers, which sounds reasonable, so it looks like we can still talk about it.

2 minutes ago, unique said:

actually, they might not be

this update will probably have the june stuff, quests and all, and it'll probably show what new focuses are coming up, but the characters themselves are usually added not long before they can actually be summoned, probably so they don't get revealed before the trailer

this could have the new characters, and it'll probably have the next GHB if it's not clarisse, but it's also possible that it might just be the quests and stuff. although it might have the name of the next focus, which could give at least a hint as to who the next characters will be.

I guess we'll just have to see if they can get anything.  Even if we don't know the exact characters, knowing the game or theme will be nice.

Just when I was about to get Masked Marth her left few points of experience so I'd finally have all my new 5*s at lv40, too. Well, it'll be back in a few hours.

I'm still banking on this bringing Infernal to the story mode, since it'd make sense and they haven't announced any other upcoming features.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Just when I was about to get Masked Marth her left few points of experience so I'd finally have all my new 5*s at lv40, too. Well, it'll be back in a few hours.

I'm still banking on this bringing Infernal to the story mode, since it'd make sense and they haven't announced any other upcoming features.

That would be nice, and would give us like 100 Orbs, too.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That would be nice, and would give us like 100 Orbs, too.

There's 55 story maps, 21 Paralogue maps, and 2 Xenologue maps, so at three orbs per Xenologue map and one orb for each of the others, it'd be 87 orbs in total. Plus more every time they release more maps.

I don't know if they'd release them all at once, though. Might roll them out gradually or something.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

that'd be cool although it'd take like your whole stamina meter to do 11-5 one time

2 minutes ago, unique said:

that'd be cool although it'd take like your whole stamina meter to do 11-5 one time

Legion's GHB didn't actually have a higher stamina cost for Infernal compared to Lunatic. I could see Infernal increasing enemy levels to 40 on all maps, but there might not be much if any stamina increase compared to Lunatic for maps that already had lv40 enemies.

Hello,

I just started to play two days ago doing the reroll thing. Every time I clear my data and start with a new account I got 30 orbs. Today I still rerolling and I only got 20 orbs doing exactly the same thing. Can someone tell me why? :( Ty

Edited by Kiketasu
Spesling

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's 55 story maps, 21 Paralogue maps, and 2 Xenologue maps, so at three orbs per Xenologue map and one orb for each of the others, it'd be 87 orbs in total. Plus more every time they release more maps.

I don't know if they'd release them all at once, though. Might roll them out gradually or something.

Yay, my ballpark was close.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

I wouldn't mind too much.  I took my time finishing out the last few Lunatics back around launch, when Stamina was a lot stingier.  I could just knock out a map or two before work.  I often do that anyway, for the more expensive Stamina maps.