• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:
  Hide contents

Just looked at the datamine album. I hope F!Robin fights with those fish! That's all I care about for this banner tbh

I saw this and all I could think of was this.

Somehow I don't think that's what's going to happen....

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Lance and Axe Valor look very convenient, although less necessary with Tempest Trials offering a fast way to get a ton of SP.

I guess the "Stat" Ploy skills all run off Res, then?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lance and Axe Valor look very convenient, although less necessary with Tempest Trials offering a fast way to get a ton of SP.

Valor's still good. Lazy asses like me still prefer just having units auto-battle Training Stratum rather than TT grinding. More energy spent per SP, less time.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

We're not sure how often Tempest will be around though, at best we'll get it once a month.

Just now, Rezzy said:

We're not sure how often Tempest will be around though, at best we'll get it once a month.

It sounds like there's going to be a July one, and one two-week run per month would mean it's active almost half the time. Not always, but still, that's a lot of availability.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We literally just got done talking about PUTTING DATAMINED THINGS IN SPOILERS an hour ago. Geez, people.

I agree but once one person throws it out there, it stops mattering.  It's sad though :(

That feeling when the Arena puts you at 19,900 feathers, but there is no way to earn 100 feathers at the moment. I just wanna promote someone already.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

It sounds like there's going to be a July one, and one two-week run per month would mean it's active almost half the time. Not always, but still, that's a lot of availability.

50% of the time is nice, but still half the time you don't have it, not to mention it can stack to get even more SP.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I agree but once one person throws it out there, it stops mattering.  It's sad though :(

Clearly it ruins it for the 0.5 people who go all: "Oh man, I wonder what new skills are coming out in the next banner?", are very excited about it, yet don't want to 'spoil' themselves by looking it up on reddit or the like.

(In all honestly, I'm not sure what demographic is supposed to be protected by putting datamines in spoilers.)

I hope Quickened Pulse is the 50k or whatever high points reward for the next trials in July because screw that noise. I'll be able to lower the bar by stopping with whatever is below it. It was awful playing the dang mode to try and get it. And what's worse is that I generally don't use seals unless I have to for GHBs and singleplayer maps! They're kind of useless to me since arena is basically, "Gee, I wonder if my dumb team made of up bonus units can work?"

Ugh... what... what if Veronica is a mini-boss? What.. what if she shows up alongside Bruno/Loki/whoeveryouare on the last map? I can deal with him, but Veronica too? Aw dammit, the new units will be there too! Another Karel, another Tharja, a red Frederick, and Roderick. Kill me now.

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Honestly not an excuse for anything in life.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(In all honestly, I'm not sure what demographic is supposed to be protected by putting datamines in spoilers.)

Some people don't like being spoiled and I can respect that.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Send home Donnel 

I'm very tempted to send home someone. Just not Donnel cause he's been a MVP at beating the tougher maps (Yes, I admit. I suck :P)

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I'm very tempted to send home someone. Just not Donnel cause he's been a MVP at beating the tougher maps (Yes, I admit. I suck :P)

DONNEL IS SO STUPID

I HATE HIM

STUPID POT ON HIS HEAD

Well, glad you like him though :P

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some people don't like being spoiled and I can respect that.

I... can't. If someone doesn't want to be spoiled, it's their responsibility to keep away from fansites, not everyone in said fansite's responsibility to not talk about something that 'spoils' the enjoyment of maybe 1% of 1% of the population.

I'd rather 'spoil' the enjoyment of that 1% of 1% who can't be assed to keep away rather than the enjoyment of the 40 or 50% who want to talk about spoilers.

Edit: The people who demand not to see spoilers are giving far less consideration to the people talking about spoilers---the people who genuinely enjoy the discussion---than the amount of consideration they're demanding. Why should these 'spoiler' people have more right to enjoyment, despite being less numerous, than the more numerous and either just as considerate (i.e., don't give a damn), or even more considerate?

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

DONNEL IS SO STUPID

I HATE HIM

STUPID POT ON HIS HEAD

Well, glad you like him though :P

Never said I liked him. Just said he was useful.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I... can't. If someone doesn't want to be spoiled, it's their responsibility to keep away from fansites, not everyone in said fansite's responsibility to not talk about something that 'spoils' the enjoyment of maybe 1% of 1% of the population.

I'd rather 'spoil' the enjoyment of that 1% of 1% who can't be assed to keep away rather than the enjoyment of the 40 or 50% who want to talk about spoilers.

Majority rules and minority rights are both very important. Putting things in spoilers is a good compromise. It does not take that much time.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Majority rules and minority rights are both very important. Putting things in spoilers is a good compromise. It does not take that much time.

I'd rather torture one person for a hundred years than have 100,000 people get punched once in the stomach.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly not an excuse for anything in life.

Erm, it's not an excuse.  When a thread has mentioned a spoiler the thread is contaminated.  Unless the mods go in and spoilerize it (do they ever do that?), there's just no point in going through the trouble of spoiler tags because everyone who has gotten to your post has already seen it.

At least the thread title didn't explicitly mention it.  That's progress...maybe.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

There are two other problems with this point of view:

1. Rules are rules. If you have a problem with them, take it up with the people who make the rules.
  2. You have every opportunity to make a new thread and not need to use spoiler tags within the thread. Hell, I think it makes sense to just have a datamine thread sitting around to talk about datamined stuff.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are two other problems with this point of view:

1. Rules are rules. If you have a problem with them, take it up with the people who make the rules.
  2. You have every opportunity to make a new thread and not need to use spoiler tags within the thread. Hell, I think it makes sense to just have a datamine thread sitting around to talk about datamined stuff.

I do obey rules, and I obey them even when they're stupid. We're discussing why those rules are either: nonsensical or impractical right now, not whether to obey them. I did talk about datamined stuff in the open, however: I spoke about it vaguely enough that, if you didn't know about the datamine already, you'd have no idea what I'm talking about. Further, the post I was quoting also wasn't spoilered itself.

I'm also fine with 2, but, again, that's a matter of implementation, which is a policy change rather than something that makes the rules any more or less sensical.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

At least the thread title didn't explicitly mention it.  That's progress...maybe.

If you're talking about the banner thread, that's because I edited the title.