"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fortify Cavalry.

Woops, got him confused with Eliwood & ward cavalry which I don't find quite as useful. Still, yes. Oh and he gives Fury, cool bonus.

Anyway point is basically every other 3 star has something good to give to new players. Hinata has the full fury line, Draug & Gwendolyn have their stuff.

ACtually an armor really should have been there from the start? It's funny following the quests because you can see them go "lets have some quests involving armors!" -> "Oh, wait, shoot" -> "HERE'S A FREE DRAUG OR TWO"

Edited by r_n

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Woops, got him confused with Eliwood & ward cavalry which I don't find quite as useful. Still, yes. Oh and he gives Fury, cool bonus.

Anyway point is basically every other 3 star has something good to give to new players. Hinata has the full fury line, Draug & Gwendolyn have their stuff.

ACtually an armor really should have been there from the start? It's funny following the quests because you can see them go "lets have some quests involving armors!" -> "Oh, wait, shoot" -> "HERE'S A FREE DRAUG OR TWO"

We've yet to have an Armor added at all, except one via GHB, so not exactly accessible for newcomers.  It's not like Armors are that rare, either.  There's a solid 2-3 per game.  I still wish Valbar had come along with the flood of Echoes characters, but I think they may not go back to the well for a while, unless they release another Banner to go along with the next Tempest.

If they do:

Valbar

Kliff

Silque

Tatiana

Those seem like the biggest ones who aren't in yet, including two girls, since they always want to have at at least 2 girls for some weird reason.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We've yet to have an Armor added at all, except one via GHB, so not exactly accessible for newcomers.  It's not like Armors are that rare, either.  There's a solid 2-3 per game.  I still wish Valbar had come along with the flood of Echoes characters, but I think they may not go back to the well for a while, unless they release another Banner to go along with the next Tempest.

Lukas absolutely should have been an armor considering the solider line is locked into it in Echoes and without a fork he's guaranteed to go that route. Sure he doesn't get armored traits (I think) until promotion, but neither does Hector. Also means Forsyth won't be one, which is lame.

Well, we're technically off-topic as this is the question thread so I'm going to go on-topic with a question of mine.

Spoiler

wADLfxt.png

So I have 5 Marths... FIVE. They're all 4 stars. +RES/-DEF, +DEF/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK, +RES/HP and my prime one: +SPD/-RES. Does anyone care about Spur Speed because one way or another the other 4 are out of here. I have a couple of routes I can go here.

1.  +4 Marth. He needs to be +7 in order to match/be superior to *5 Marth with Falchion but he kinda wants his weapon. Regardless he becomes respectable for a *4 Plus it'll be 18,800k for a promotion to *5 which is nice if I want to.
  2. Promote the *4 Marth (eventually) with the good nature and give spur speed to people when needed/save the Marths
  3. 1,200k feathers to send them home. Pretty nice for no work.

The game obviously wants me to use Marth. I have no issue with him and he's an alright replacement for Lucina plus he'll be a TT 40% unit eventually so I'll absolutely invest in him but I'm not sure what my best route is to go with him yet. I need 6 more Marths to make him +10 and then I need a Silver Sword+ or a Wo Dao+ to make him superior to Falchion Marth. Or I could just promote him with a discount and be done with it. He really likes from his weapon so I don't know if he's a unit that really benefits from merging but the rates are being swapped in 2 days which means I have even more of a chance to pull him than I did before. All these Marths sitting in my barracks vexes me right now though.

So yeah, what the heck do I do with this guy?

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Well, we're technically off-topic as this is the question thread so I'm going to go on-topic with a question of mine.

Hide contents

wADLfxt.png

So I have 5 Marths... FIVE. They're all 4 stars. +RES/-DEF, +DEF/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK, +RES/HP and my prime one: +SPD/-RES. Does anyone care about Spur Speed because one way or another the other 4 are out of here. I have a couple of routes I can go here.

1.  +4 Marth. He needs to be +7 in order to match/be superior to *5 Marth with Falchion but he kinda wants his weapon. Regardless he becomes respectable for a *4 Plus it'll be 18,800k for a promotion to *5 which is nice.
  2. Promote the *4 Marth (eventually) with the good nature and give spur speed to people when needed/save the Marths

The game obviously wants me to use Marth. I have no issue with him and he's an alright replacement for Lucina plus he'll be a TT 40% unit eventually so I'll absolutely invest in him but I'm not sure what my best route is to go with him yet. I need 6 more Marths to make him +10 and then I need a Silver Sword+ or a Wo Dao+ to make him superior to Falchion Marth. Or I could just promote him with a discount and be done with it. He really benefits from his weapon so I don't know if he's a unit that really benefits from merging but the rates are being swapped in 2 days which means I have even more of a chance to pull him than I did before. All these Marths sitting in my barracks vexes me right now though.

If you want to use Marth, go ahead and 5* the good one.  Spur Spd isn't in too much of a demand, but I wouldn't just send home the extras unless you really need Feathers or are running out of Barracks space.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I've seen a Quad attack Caeda with Brave Sword+ to be used with Flier Emblem buffs.

Similarly, Desperation Lon'qu but he doesn't have +6/+6 buffs to work with (although Delthea can provide +6/+4). Then again Lon'qu might want Wo Dao+/Slaying Edge+, too.

Otherwise, Brave Sword+ Chrom/Seliph works as well, and Chrom I think performs better at than Alfonse.

Okay. So at the very least I can add Chrom, Seliph, and Lon'qu to my list. I have put Lon'qu on the back burner for a while. He was one of my favorite characters from Awakening, but it does make sense to give him the Slaying Edge or Wo Dao. 

14 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Renewal is a B-slot that's always 'decent.' Therefore, because characters usually have niches where at least one other B-skill is 'great,' it's almost never used.

People like Julia, who don't need a B-slot to ruin the people they're designed to ruin, can run Renewal for extra sustain. My Selena runs it in TT because she has enough damage already (from Ignis), her speed tier is amazing, and none of the other utility B-skills do much for her, since she pays hp to do her job, meaning they won't be useful once she's low hp.

The problem with brave-sword is that, between Chrom, Lucina (and Hana, to a lesser extent---she does worse than Lucina in terms of matchup spread because she has to take Escutcheon due to less min-maxed defense stats), and Alfonse, no one else really runs brave-sword good enough to be worth a 5* sacrifice. Chrom covers the low speed, sky-high attack build, Lucina covers the mix offense role, and Alfonse covers the low speed, sky-high attack build, except he's a bonus unit 1/3 of the time. (This means Chrom, interestingly enough, usually doesn't run the brave-sword build, because Alfonse does it good enough, while also being a bonus unit.)

I hadn't thought about building Selena. I've been sitting on both a +ATK and +SPD one for a while now. But I think I get it. Renewal is probably more useful for the TT over regular use. I just have to wait and see if it'll be more useful during these Tempest Trials or the next. 

8 hours ago, IHaveTheSacredStones said:

Go for Hana with the Brave Sword! At least if she is +Spd or +Atk as with LaD, great speed and attack, all she needs is Desperation, Threaten Def or Spd, and Luna to build her quad-Hana set.

Otherwise I would actually give it to Alphonse as being a main character, he is almost guaranteed to be repeatedly useful for Arena and certain quests and giving him a Brave Sword is the easiest way to make him usable.

As for the Renewal, Hector is probably the next bet as his weapon gives him Quick Riposte which both frees up his B slot AND makes him reliant on keeping his health high to be good. Any other characters that have non-B slot skills that require high HP and tanks that you aren't using a breaker skill on are good candidates as well.

I have a pretty great +ATK who would probably wreck everything with a Brave Sword. She's definitely on the top of my list right now. It's always nice to have a speedy sword around! Renewal on Hector sounds pretty interesting... At the moment, I have Wings of Mercy which is nice for the Arena, and I tend not to use Hector in the TT because his movement is an issue. I'll keep that in mind though!

Thanks, everyone!

@Rezzy So the amount of effort required to make a + Marth work isn't really worth it. Falchion is too good of a weapon and Marth needs to be at least +8 to be a better Wo Dao+ user than my Athena (+DEF/-RES even). He's way bulkier at that point and just as fast. But the idea of waiting to pull 4 more Marths when I already have a unit that's like... 10-20% less good is pretty silly.

I'm probably just going to promote him. A merge is likely for the discount though. Sadly I'm going to sit on my Marths for a while longer. Maybe I'll change my tune if I see that special summoning cutscene a few more times.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I have a small horde of them that I keep around in case I pull for a focus unit that I can use as an Arena bonus hero. All my buff needs are covered by my main core of 3, so I usually run a Spur Atk or Spur Spd in the C slot of whatever bonus hero I'm running (usually one of the Askr units). I personally find Spd more useful since my units all have the Atk levels they need to do what I need them to do, and more Spd helps them double or keep from being doubled against enemies that are buffed. Also I haven't gotten a Barst or Lilina in forever.

That's just me though...imo "Spur"s specifically (i.e. not goad, ward, or drive) are a lot better for defensive play than offensive play due to the inflexibility that comes with being a one-range-only AoE. I guess you could work with it on the player phase with stellar positioning, but it's a lot easier to use if you're just shoving a unit in the enemy's range and sticking someone with a spur next to them. I tend to do that a lot, so I find Spurs quite handy.

All that is a roundabout way of saying "I would promote the good one and keep the rest just in case" =P .

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Rezzy So the amount of effort required to make a + Marth work isn't really worth it. Falchion is too good of a weapon and Marth needs to be at least +8 to be a better Wo Dao+ user than my Athena (+DEF/-RES even). He's way bulkier at that point and just as fast. But the idea of waiting to pull 4 more Marths when I already have a unit that's like... 10-20% less good is pretty silly.

I'm probably just going to promote him. A merge is likely for the discount though. Sadly I'm going to sit on my Marths for a while longer. Maybe I'll change my tune if I see that special summoning cutscene a few more times.

Marth really likes having that Falchion to function well, but I'm a fan of the Combat Medic build.

Does anyone know if they ever have plans to increase the arbitrary Friend limit of 50?  That's even worse than the 3DS Friend limit, and I thought that one was too low.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone know if they ever have plans to increase the arbitrary Friend limit of 50?  That's even worse than the 3DS Friend limit, and I thought that one was too low.

Sorry man, there is no word that. Or changing the system where you get 15 feathers on a daily basis.

37 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Sorry man, there is no word that. Or changing the system where you get 15 feathers on a daily basis.

That is really useless lol. That's 105 feathers a week and barely 5.5k feathers a year.

I mean 50 feathers at least. But I don't even think the feathers are the point. Just a small little touch to the game and the hearts hovering over your units as a sign of the new day and reset. It doesn't really bother me. There are plenty of sources of feathers and they are only continuing to grow.

So I have a bit of a conundrum and I was hoping someone might be able to help me make a decision I suppose.

So recently I cashed old birthday gift cards for more orbs in preparation of the Nohrian Summer and Hero Fest banners and now I am sitting close to 200 orbs. Now that I know for sure who is on the Hero Fest banner, I find myself debating a bit. On one hand the Nohrian Summer banner has seasonal units that we have no way of knowing if we'll ever get again, and I really want Corrin for Flier Emblem (I missed out on Camilla and didn't want that to happen again.) On the other hand, the Hero fest is currently featuring 2 units that are often in my main team, Ike and Julia (both of whom could probably benefit from better natures.) not to mention focus units of course have a slightly higher rate in Hero Fest banners.

So I'm currently having difficulty deciding on which banner should take priority on my orbs. Obviously I'm not gonna summon until at least the 7th when the rarity change occurs, but I'd like some advice on which others think I should prioritize.

1 hour ago, BrokenGrace said:

Obviously I'm not gonna summon until at least the 7th when the rarity change occurs, but I'd like some advice on which others think I should prioritize.

My "business" advice: heroes fest gives you the highest chances of getting your money's worth on those orbs and summons

My "roster" advice: go with what you think your team needs MOST

My personal advice: fudge the haters and wait for Magvel

Edited by Oboro!

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Reveal hidden contents

wADLfxt.png

1.  +4 Marth. He needs to be +7 in order to match/be superior to *5 Marth with Falchion but he kinda wants his weapon. Regardless he becomes respectable for a *4 Plus it'll be 18,800k for a promotion to *5 which is nice if I want to.

The game obviously wants me to use Marth. I have no issue with him and he's an alright replacement for Lucina plus he'll be a TT 40% unit eventually so I'll absolutely invest in him but I'm not sure what my best route is to go with him yet. I need 6 more Marths to make him +10 and then I need a Silver Sword+ or a Wo Dao+ to make him superior to Falchion Marth. Or I could just promote him with a discount and be done with it. He really likes from his weapon so I don't know if he's a unit that really benefits from merging but the rates are being swapped in 2 days which means I have even more of a chance to pull him than I did before. All these Marths sitting in my barracks vexes me right now though.

If you're going the merged 4-star route, you may as well just promote one of the inferior Marths and merge down to get Falchion instead of promoting someone else and inheriting a different weapon. Either way, you'll end up with a +4 4-star Marth with a 5-star weapon and have spent 20,000 feathers, but this way, you'll have Falchion instead of a different weapon.

I'd say either do that or go with a 5-star Marth and toss the other four.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Are A-Tiki & Nowi good enough substitute for mages? I've thinking to promote them since I only have (all 4 stars) Lilina, Sophia, & Ursula as my mages.

The dragons play very differently from mages. They're more comparable to Xander and Camus (without Hone Cavalry buffs).

The most important thing that differentiates mages from other units is not their damage type but the fact that they can initiate combat from range, giving them greater map coverage and an easier time sniping kills without entering the attack range of other units

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The dragons play very differently from mages. They're more comparable to Xander and Camus (without Hone Cavalry buffs).

The most important thing that differentiates mages from other units is not their damage type but the fact that they can initiate combat from range, giving them greater map coverage and an easier time sniping kills without entering the attack range of other units

Bah, I should have known

*sigh* Guess I'm going to have to hold off promoting Tiki for awhile. I have to prioritize Celicia, Cordellia, Nowi, & Lilina.

Oh Jesus that's going take over a 100,000 feathers. :(

16 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Is there a "best way" to fit a Dancer/Singer into a team without sacrificing the healer spot or compromising the position of another unit? Like, Ninian can take the spot of Nowi as a TA3 Red killer for example, or perhaps Olivia can serve as a semi-wall against greens? Or is it best to just run a Brave of each color +battery unit?

I never realized how deadly Brave users + Dance was until I had to carry my Arena team through 7 battles in a row just to carry a 4* base Hana, and then I realized "Frederick and Peri aren't even complete yet. They aren't even in their final forms."

Would like to re-ask after that Hero Battle discussion happened, which I don't think will be updated til we have a larger pool of heroes to select from.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Would like to re-ask after that Hero Battle discussion happened, which I don't think will be updated til we have a larger pool of heroes to select from.

The way I usually build my teams, I see 4 spots: one of each color and some extra unit (could be a colorless unit, a bonus unit, or a second unit of some color that still contributes).

If you plan to use both a healer and a dancer, your dancer should be the only unit of her color, but that doesn't need to be a problem, especially if your other two units can help her out a bit (for instance, if Olivia is your only red unit, a Nino can help deal with green units).

The thing is, most units that help to compensate for a dancers lower offence are nukes who don't benefit from a healer. Dancers work best on heavy offence teams, but healers are only benificial on more defensive teams (I mean counter killing units, not arena defence teams).

I have several questions that were on my mind:

1.One thing that confused me for a while was to utilize Lilina her fullest. Currently I have a 4* (+atk, -res) version of her. I know she is a powerhouse, but she is just not strong enough to one shot units, plus it's difficult for she to double units.. Any build ideas would be appreciated.

2. Should I use Fury or triangle adept on a quick reposte  (+atk,-hp Fae) ?

3. What A-slot skills work well with a quick reposte young tiki (+res- hp / adult tiki (+atk, -spd)

4. Who is the the best candidate for a triangle adept , green raven tome user?

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have several questions that were on my mind:

1.One thing that confused me for a while was to utilize Lilina her fullest. Currently I have a 4* (+atk, -res) version of her. I know she is a powerhouse, but she is just not strong enough to one shot units, plus it's difficult for she to double units.. Any build ideas would be appreciated.

2. Should I use Fury or triangle adept on a quick reposte  (+atk,-hp Fae) ?

3. What A-slot skills work well with a quick reposte young tiki (+res- hp / adult tiki (+atk, -spd)

4. Who is the the best candidate for a triangle adept , green raven tome user?

1. Raudhrblade solidifies Lilina's niche for one-shotting things, but the best overall user is still Tharja.

2. Triangle Adept works great with any of the manaketes,  especially if you are running Quick Riposte, since weapon advantage is one of the most effective ways to mitigate damage taken which increases QR's uptime.

3. Mystery Tiki is typically used to check enemy Julias in Dragon Emblem, so Triangle Adept is a popular option for her. Awakening Tiki makes better use of Fury since her Res doesn't make her nearly as effective at being your dedicated Julia check.

Checking for accuracy @Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, akachu said:

Quick question.

Would it be better for my 5* Sharena or S!Corrin to inherit Vantage?

Or neither should.

Neither. Vantage is best on units with 1-2 range counter.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. Raudhrblade solidifies Lilina's niche for one-shotting things, but the best overall user is still Tharja.

2. Triangle Adept works great with any of the manaketes,  especially if you are running Quick Riposte, since weapon advantage is one of the most effective ways to mitigate damage taken which increases QR's uptime.

3. Mystery Tiki is typically used to check enemy Julias in Dragon Emblem, so Triangle Adept is a popular option for her. Awakening Tiki makes better use of Fury since her Res doesn't make her nearly as effective at being your dedicated Julia check.

Checking for accuracy @Ice Dragon

Neither. Vantage is best on units with 1-2 range counter.

Thanks for the quick reply!