I would go with something like this:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death — Fury
Desperation
(Any C slot)
Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

If you cannot give her Life and Death 3, then I would go with Fury 3 as @Ice Dragon mentioned. Fury helps her reach Desperation range safely and she can somewhat function as an Enemy Phase bait for her first round of combat if you need her to do that.

The recoil damage from Fury is not a big deal since you want to her HP to drop to reach Desperation range for sustainability anyways, and in my opinion, I would argue the recoil damage is a positive effect for Player Phase nukes since Desperation is so vital to their sustainability. For Life and Death 2, I do not feel the extra Atk/Spd+1 over Fury 3 is worth the extra risk in being more vulnerable to counter attacks in her first round of combat, it limits her flexibility to just being a pure Player Phase unit, and it does not score as high if you use her in Arena.

I personally prefer Speed +3 over Brazen Atk/Res, since I think doubling is more important, but if you need her to score higher, Brazen Atk/Res also works and it patches up her Atk even more.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

But what do you recommend for AA?

For mages, Arena Assault generally consists of Glimmer, Triangle Adept, and Tomebreaker against the weaker color (Quick Riposte in this case since B Tomebreaker is limited). I leave the Weapon as is unless the mage has high enough Def to use Raven tomes. I generally use Swap or Reposition for Assists. C slot can literally be anything, but I generally avoid Tactics and movement buffs unless the unit is on a permanent Arena Assault team.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with something like this:
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death — Fury
Desperation
(Any C slot)
Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

If you cannot give her Life and Death 3, then I would go with Fury 3 as @Ice Dragon mentioned. Fury helps her reach Desperation range safely and she can somewhat function as an Enemy Phase bait for her first round of combat if you need her to do that.

The recoil damage from Fury is not a big deal since you want to her HP to drop to reach Desperation range for sustainability anyways, and in my opinion, I would argue the recoil damage is a positive effect for Player Phase nukes since Desperation is so vital to their sustainability. For Life and Death 2, I do not feel the extra Atk/Spd+1 over Fury 3 is worth the extra risk in being more vulnerable to counter attacks in her first round of combat, it limits her flexibility to just being a pure Player Phase unit, and it does not score as high if you use her in Arena.

I personally prefer Speed +3 over Brazen Atk/Res, since I think doubling is more important, but if you need her to score higher, Brazen Atk/Res also works and it patches up her Atk even more.

For mages, Arena Assault generally consists of Glimmer, Triangle Adept, and Tomebreaker against the weaker color (Quick Riposte in this case since B Tomebreaker is limited). I leave the Weapon as is unless the mage has high enough Def to use Raven tomes. I generally use Swap or Reposition for Assists. C slot can literally be anything, but I generally avoid Tactics and movement buffs unless the unit is on a permanent Arena Assault team.

OK that's cool, and I was also thinking of Brazen Atk/Res~ I'll try some of these out, I've got plenty of SP on her~ Thanks!

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

+spd/-res H!Myrrh or +atk/-def H!Myrrh?

It depends on whether you're willing to sacrifice some doubling potential (and Bonfire damage) for some extra attack power. The former may as well be neutral, for all the good +spd does her.

17 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

+spd/-res H!Myrrh or +atk/-def H!Myrrh?

15 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It depends on whether you're willing to sacrifice some doubling potential (and Bonfire damage) for some extra attack power. The former may as well be neutral, for all the good +spd does her.

I personally find that her good dual-phase performance means slightly more than her Enemy-phase necessity, though you can also opt to forego Spirit Breath in favor of a Def forged Lightning Breath and focus entirely on her enemy phase, though personally I'd run +Spd -Res.

EDIT: Question, who are units that are generally accepted as "okay" to send home for feathers?

I know the needs of a player will vary depending on what wants to be done, but I don't mean anything like "If you don't need Swap, it's alright to send home any Arthurs, Seths, and Stahls you get", I literally mean the only reason you want to keep X unit around is because you want them as merge fodder.

Edited by Xenomata

So I was looking through my barracks and found I have some good IVs F!Corrin +atk & +spd / -hp and I was wondering how good is F! Corrin for arena now? I have read some posts that F!Corrin was good before in arena but those posts were months ago so I don't know how she is now.

I have yet to find a +def / -spd Nowi for a +10 merge so I was considering if maybe a F! Corrin can be a replacement Nowi and for some future dark breath builds. Also which IV is better, the +atk or +spd?

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I personally find that her good dual-phase performance means slightly more than her Enemy-phase necessity, though you can also opt to forego Spirit Breath in favor of a Def forged Lightning Breath and focus entirely on her enemy phase, though personally I'd run +Spd -Res.

EDIT: Question, who are units that are generally accepted as "okay" to send home for feathers?

I know the needs of a player will vary depending on what wants to be done, but I don't mean anything like "If you don't need Swap, it's alright to send home any Arthurs, Seths, and Stahls you get", I literally mean the only reason you want to keep X unit around is because you want them as merge fodder.

Est? 

22 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

So I was looking through my barracks and found I have some good IVs F!Corrin +atk & +spd / -hp and I was wondering how good is F! Corrin for arena now? I have read some posts that F!Corrin was good before in arena but those posts were months ago so I don't know how she is now.

I have yet to find a +def / -spd Nowi for a +10 merge so I was considering if maybe a F! Corrin can be a replacement Nowi and for some future dark breath builds. Also which IV is better, the +atk or +spd?

i would go with speed. it makes her more defensive minded (so she won't get doubled on the enemy phase). 
but she does have a super boon in attack. if that means something for you. 

@Baldrick @Xenomata @daisy jane Thanks all. That's the way I was leaning, especially since like you, @daisy jane, my vanilla Myrrh is +atk/-def and it really hurts her. Still good, but she definite suffers. Was kind of curious if since her def is a good bit higher if it wasn't as important.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i would go with speed. it makes her more defensive minded (so she won't get doubled on the enemy phase). 
but she does have a super boon in attack. if that means something for you. 

Probably since I plan to use her in arena. I don't know how the BST calculation works so I'm not sure if the superboon will make such a difference with her. I just know that superboons are preferred for max arena scoring xD

But if she is not worth using for arena then I will not be +10 merging her and I will just take my time and play around with the 2 IVs.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Baldrick @Xenomata @daisy jane Thanks all. That's the way I was leaning, especially since like you, @daisy jane, my vanilla Myrrh is +atk/-def and it really hurts her. Still good, but she definite suffers. Was kind of curious if since her def is a good bit higher if it wasn't as important.

yah. i am pretty darn sure my first two was that. (my third Myrrh is + Atk - res) so my patched up Myrrh is going to be fed into the +atk, so i hit a lot more and I don't have to worry about her defense. someone told me her defense is what spurs her "Spirit Breath"

Yah. - according to game press:

"With a boon in Defense, Myrrh will naturally reach 46 Defense with her Spirit Breath, automatically doubling any unit that has less than 41 Defense."
so you wanna make it so her defense is at least vanilla (40). I patched mine up  - so now my +1 Myrrh is 43 so now she has high defense, and now my +ATK will just make her more deadly :)

4 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Probably since I plan to use her in arena. I don't know how the BST calculation works so I'm not sure if the superboon will make such a difference with her. I just know that superboons are preferred for max arena scoring xD

But if she is not worth using for arena then I will not be +10 merging her and I will just take my time and play around with the 2 IVs.

you still want the defense (so speed helps) :) 

9 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Superboons make a very small difference in Arena scoring.

You go up one "score bin" by hitting a multiple of 5 (without skills equipped or merges counted). Corrin has a stat total of 157 at level 40, so a superboon doesn't change how she scores (since she can't reach 160 to get into the next bin). As for how much a score bin is worth, it averages out to approximately 0.5 points per match or 2.5 points over the course of the full run, which is less than the number of points you gain from getting one more kill with a bonus unit.

As for Corrin herself, she's a Gen 1 melee infantry with no other modifiers, so her scoring potential from stats alone isn't particularly great. The main draw of using her is that she has easy access to merges, but so does Nowi, and Nowi is one score bin higher and has a more reliable Atk stat.

If you intend to build a Corrin, I'd go for +Atk to offset her low base Atk stat and use either a Spd or Def refine on her weapon. Alternatively, if you're running a support-oriented Dark Breath + Windsweep/Watersweep build, I'd opt for +Spd instead.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Superboons make a very small difference in Arena scoring.

You go up one "score bin" by hitting a multiple of 5 (without skills equipped or merges counted). Corrin has a stat total of 157 at level 40, so a superboon doesn't change how she scores (since she can't reach 160 to get into the next bin). As for how much a score bin is worth, it averages out to approximately 0.5 points per match or 2.5 points over the course of the full run, which is less than the number of points you gain from getting one more kill with a bonus unit.

As for Corrin herself, she's a Gen 1 melee infantry with no other modifiers, so her scoring potential from stats alone isn't particularly great. The main draw of using her is that she has easy access to merges, but so does Nowi, and Nowi is one score bin higher and has a more reliable Atk stat.

If you intend to build a Corrin, I'd go for +Atk to offset her low base Atk stat and use either a Spd or Def refine on her weapon. Alternatively, if you're running a support-oriented Dark Breath + Windsweep/Watersweep build, I'd opt for +Spd instead.

Hmmm maybe I'll just wait for that perfect IV Nowi then xD

Also thanks for the explanation of the BST!

@daisy jane Since I decided on waiting for a better IV Nowi for arena, I might take the +spd one now since I will probably make her a debuffer support now xD

4 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Hmmm maybe I'll just wait for that perfect IV Nowi then xD

Also thanks for the explanation of the BST!

@daisy jane Since I decided on waiting for a better IV Nowi for arena, I might take the +spd one now since I will probably make her a debuffer support now xD

:) i'm glad to have helped a bit! that's the important thing. 
I'm looking for Nowi's too. i have a good "merge" fodder, that i can use for the time being for ym Silver team but nothing to Goldstar yet. 

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Here are 3* and 4* units who are practically worthless inheritance wise.

Red:
Corrin
Raigh
Seliph

Blue:
Est
Gwendolyn (I do not remember the last time anyone used Hone Armor.)
Lukas
Oboro

Green:
Sheena (Again, I do not remember the last time anyone used Fortify Armor. I would keep a few for Svalinn Shield if you need it, but that is rarely, if ever, used.)

Colorless:
Gaius (Similar to Sheena, keep a few for Pass just in case you ever need it, but otherwise, it is pretty safe to send him home.)
Jakob

Healers:
Azama (Pain)
Clarine
Maria (Physic)
Lucius (Pain, Miracle)
Lissa (Gravity)
Lachesis (Physic)
Priscilla
Sakura (Physic)
Serra (Recover)
Wrys (Live to Serve)
I list healers separately because they are useless if you rarely use them. However, if you plan to build them all up eventually, I recommend keeping every single one of them so you can deck out all your healers. If you only plan to build a few healers and you are not interested in stuffing them with skills, then I recommend keeping a few of each healer for the ones with their most valuable skill listed.

2 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

F!Corrin is okay. She can generally run the same set as Nowi. F!Corrin got higher physical bulk, but Nowi scores higher, have higher damage output, and got better mixed bulk.

I recommend going with +Atk since her damage output is other wise really, really low.

53 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

F!Corrin's nature does not matter for scoring. For scoring, BST is grouped in buckets. For example, 150-154 are counted as 150 BST, while 175-179 are counted as 175 BST. Basically, you round it down to the nearest 5.

F!Corrin has 156-158 BST, which puts her within the 155 BST bucket. The only time nature matters is when a unit's BST range overlaps two BST buckets, such as LB!Myrrh, who got 178-180 BST; 178 and 179 are in the 175 BST bucket, while 180 is in the 180 BST bucket.

However, with that in mind, moving from one BST bucket to the next does not really affect your score that much. I think it averages out to about 0.5 points per match for one unit to move up one BST bucket, so it will only give 2.5 extra points for an entire streak. One bonus kill alone gives 3 points, so I would not worry to much about maximizing score via BST buckets.

Edited by XRay

(sigh). I finally got my Olivia to level 40 for Team Silver. (I plan on Upgrading my Silvia for the Red Dancer slot) but Olivia is minus attack. (I've basically sacrificed all of my other Olivias for Hone Attack 1 through 3 for the other Dancers). I have one more Olivia (she's minus defense). So the question is, should 

1: Book my Minus Defense Olivia and wait for a + atk Olivia to train up (or merge? I decked out this Olivia with Wings of Mercy, New Moon and Wao Dao so I'd hate to lose those abilities).
2: just use this Olivia for situations (since she can take a hit) as a lot of F2P guides do use her. (and if I can't use her coz she hits like a limp noodle - then use another Infantry Dancer?)

grr. IV (shakes fist)

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(sigh). I finally got my Olivia to level 40 for Team Silver. (I plan on Upgrading my Silvia for the Red Dancer slot) but Olivia is minus attack. (I've basically sacrificed all of my other Olivias for Hone Attack 1 through 3 for the other Dancers). I have one more Olivia (she's minus defense). So the question is, should 

1: Book my Minus Defense Olivia and wait for a + atk Olivia to train up (or merge? I decked out this Olivia with Wings of Mercy, New Moon and Wao Dao so I'd hate to lose those abilities).
2: just use this Olivia for situations (since she can take a hit) as a lot of F2P guides do use her. (and if I can't use her coz she hits like a limp noodle - then use another Infantry Dancer?)

grr. IV (shakes fist)

I would just merge your Olivias. You get 2 extra stat points and you can transfer her skills over.

50 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

So basically have a Neutral Owain, just not one that i should give the ignis linne to, right?

I mean, yes. You're missing out on Ignis on PP, but I'd honestly recommend keeping Blue Flame if you're a casual player not that heavily invested in the game. His base kit is complete. Just give him reposition

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I plan on building a Lon'Qu (Solitary Blade +Effect, Fury, Wrath, Infantry Pulse) and making him my summoner support. Should I go for a +atk, -res IV (which would give me a 62/49 spread) or a +spd, - res IV (which would give me a 59/52 spread)?

I personally prefer +Spd over +Atk, but if you are in Tier 21, most enemies are no longer built for performance so you can go with +Atk and still double most units.

However, by the same token, you might want to go with +Spd so he is less likely to kill things when he doubles, making it easier to feed your bonus unit kills.

@EtheusI'd personally go with a +atk nature as 44 SPD without skills is pretty damn high. Like Karla tier speed. She even runs Death Blow 4 as her most optimal A-slot as she doesn't need anymore speed. That's enough to tell you that you've reached a very damn good SPD level

Edited by silveraura25