Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

(unnecessary, I'm actually not sure how that got onto her...)

Generally happens when you equip a unit with a different seal, then trade that seal away to a different unit. I end up with some weird combinations now and then because of it.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got a video of them completing this stupid quest with Alfonse? I am really struggling. He just brings nothing to the table in this BHB - he doesn't counter anything. 

I know there are some videos of people completing with the Askr trio, but I don't have some of the components for the SI others have used. I just need a video of Lunatic being done with Alfonse on the team - I don't need him completing the other mission. It's driving me crazy. I hate these maps - I find no joy in them though I know others do. 

Any links would be appreciated -.-

Edit: Just found a video of Brotel using Navarre to complete Lunatic from the first go round. Changed Navarre for a Brave Sword + Alfonse (though I think Brave Sword would have worked. Not sure if he needed to be 5* but mine was) and gave Ursula Swordbreaker (although giving Alfonse threaten speed would have worked, too... I just used the fact that Ursula had more SP whereas Alfonse would've needed to grind), and that did the trick. I still hate these battles and probably always will do, but at least that's out the way ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Why doesn't @JSND Alter Dragon Boner issue his challenges himself? Just curious.

My attempt actually ended up pretty similar to my original Infernal clear, where I used -owl Katarina to wreck the Green Mage's face on T2 (and tank a single hit from Alm 'cause Def tile OP), F!Robin to take on the Blue cav, Azura for Fortify Res and general song power, and F!Corrin to take a shot from the Lance Cav. F!Robin is the same, Sophia stepped into Katarina's role, and I used Reposition to make up for the lack of dancer power.

• 5* Alfonse (neutral): Fólkvangr, Reposition, Daylight, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3, no seal
  • 5* Sharena (neutral): Fensalir, Reposition, Moonbow, Spd +3, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Atk 1, Atk +1
  • 5* +1 Sophia (+Atk/-Spd): Rauðrraven+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 2, Quick Riposte 2, Fortify Res 3, Quickened Pulse
  • 4* Robin - Mystery Tactician (Neutral): Gronnwolf, No Assist, Ignis, Defiant Res 2, B Tomebreaker 3, No C Passive, Squad Ace C 1 (unnecessary, I'm actually not sure how that got onto her...)
  Reveal hidden contents

As Soysauce mentioned i only suggested Infernal with Quest Done with Vaximilian or Bench-kun

And Brave Roy ban because i haven't personally used the standard cheese so i just ban my most OP unit

Then Soysauce elaborated into a more complete challenge and there you go

On 03.11.2017 at 5:19 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, no. Alfonse has other things to do, like filling in for Anna while she enjoys a well-deserved day-off.

That and I’m a lazy cat.

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

As Soysauce mentioned i only suggested Infernal with Quest Done with Vaximilian or Bench-kun

Me as a unit when? Theorycraft my stats! Hone Logic 3 is my default C-slot, unlocked at four stars.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Has anyone got a video of them completing this stupid quest with Alfonse? I am really struggling. He just brings nothing to the table in this BHB - he doesn't counter anything. 

I know there are some videos of people completing with the Askr trio, but I don't have some of the components for the SI others have used. I just need a video of Lunatic being done with Alfonse on the team - I don't need him completing the other mission. It's driving me crazy. I hate these maps - I find no joy in them though I know others do. 

Any links would be appreciated -.-

Edit: Just found a video of Brotel using Navarre to complete Lunatic from the first go round. Changed Navarre for a Brave Sword + Alfonse (though I think Brave Sword would have worked. Not sure if he needed to be 5* but mine was) and gave Ursula Swordbreaker (although giving Alfonse threaten speed would have worked, too... I just used the fact that Ursula had more SP whereas Alfonse would've needed to grind), and that did the trick. I still hate these battles and probably always will do, but at least that's out the way ^.^

A team of base 5 star Felicia with either +Res or some sort of sustainability (Mine had Renewal 3) and Atk Ploy 1 seal with a base 5* Alfonse (with Spur Atk 3) and base 5* Sharon (Mine has Luna and Panic Ploy 2, but that really didn't matter) is able to clear all 4 quests in 1 go.

Since I got a new Switch with Mario Oddysey, I hasn't played heroes that much, so I cheesee Infernal with Performer!Azura, Brave!Lyn, Olivia and Xander for a quick win, something I was unnable to do the first time, B!Lyn really is so good, along with the new Azura.

Then I did the quest in Lunatic with: Brave!Lyn, Nino, Performer!Azura and Sharena/Alfonse. It was easy, and I used the same strategy for both siblings, just swap them and bam! More orbs for me!

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

A team of base 5 star Felicia with either +Res or some sort of sustainability (Mine had Renewal 3) and Atk Ploy 1 seal with a base 5* Alfonse (with Spur Atk 3) and base 5* Sharon (Mine has Luna and Panic Ploy 2, but that really didn't matter) is able to clear all 4 quests in 1 go

I'm still yet to promote Felicia. Thanks for the look, though, was an interesting watch. I found a vid by Brotel in the end who had used Navarre, so I was able to follow his strategy with a brave sword Alfonse to win :) 

So... Apparently I cleared this on lunatic before, but I have no idea how, and none of my team compositions are working at all. I don't understand this.

I'm trying to do the Alfonse quest. My Alfonse is only 4 star lv. 40, btw.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So... Apparently I cleared this on lunatic before, but I have no idea how, and none of my team compositions are working at all. I don't understand this.

This is the video I used, Ana - swapping Navarre for Alfonse. However, Alfonse does need a Brave Sword (mine was also 5* with Brave Sword+ but I think 4* with Brave Sword should be fine... I'm not sure whether he can tank the green mage, though, but it could be worth a shot?). If you don't have a Brave Sword, I think Green T.Breaker could also work? 

My Ursula did need Swordbreaker, though, since Alfonse didn't have Threaten Speed. You could give your Alfonse Threaten Speed instead, though. 

...Hope this helps in some way. Sorry if it doesn't. 

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alfonse is in general very shit for this. 5 Star Alfonse can tank the blue mage cavalier, but i am not sure how a 4 Star alfonse fairs against him. In other words. he usullay is just there for buffing and repositioning and baiting maybe 1-2 units. He gets to kill units towards the end only (Celica lulz)

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

This is the video I used, Ana - swapping Navarre for Alfonse. However, Alfonse does need a Brave Sword (mine was also 5* with Brave Sword+ but I think 4* with Brave Sword should be fine... I'm not sure whether he can tank the green mage, though, but it could be worth a shot?). If you don't have a Brave Sword, I think Green T.Breaker could also work? 

My Ursula did need Swordbreaker, though, since Alfonse didn't have Threaten Speed. You could give your Alfonse Threaten Speed instead, though. 

...Hope this helps in some way. Sorry if it doesn't. 

This wouldn't help me since I don't have Ursula, but I found a way to clear it anyway. I leveled up and used my Kitty Sakura. She's a mage killer.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Alfonse is in general very shit for this. 5 Star Alfonse can tank the blue mage cavalier, but i am not sure how a 4 Star alfonse fairs against him. In other words. he usullay is just there for buffing and repositioning and baiting maybe 1-2 units. He gets to kill units towards the end only (Celica lulz)

Yeah, he is shit for this... But my 4 star one tanked the blue mage with 2 HP left, so he did all he had to do. lol

Now I don't seem to have a way to clear Infernal. Kitty Sakura can't even kill the mages this time. She could kill the blue one, but the green one always attacks first and somehow his Watersweep works even though Kitty Sakura's speed is higher. Watersweep is supposed to work only when user's speed - enemy's speed is bigger than 1.

I have no other mage killers. So I wonder if I'm just screwed on this one...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This wouldn't help me since I don't have Ursula, but I found a way to clear it anyway. I leveled up and used my Kitty Sakura. She's a mage killer.

Yeah, he is shit for this... But my 4 star one tanked the blue mage with 2 HP left, so he did all he had to do. lol

Now I don't seem to have a way to clear Infernal. Kitty Sakura can't even kill the mages this time. She could kill the blue one, but the green one always attacks first and somehow his Watersweep works even though Kitty Sakura's speed is higher. Watersweep is supposed to work only when user's speed - enemy's speed.

I have no other mage killers. So I wonder if I'm just screwed on this one...

That's good news, then :) 

I think Brotel has an Infernal vid:

This one doesn't use Ursula. Not sure if you have all of these units, but could come in handy if you have any that can pass for the units used.

If not, again, good luck :) I wish I could offer more advice but I truly suck at these maps >.<

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's good news, then :) 

I think Brotel has an Infernal vid:

This one doesn't use Ursula. Not sure if you have all of these units, but could come in handy if you have any that can pass for the units used.

If not, again, good luck :) I wish I could offer more advice but I truly suck at these maps >.<

I have all of them except Arthur, with Stahl and Donnel both being 5 star, though CYL Ike could probably replace Arthur. Only problem is, I didn't give Donnel Drag Back, and that looks significant here.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have all of them except Arthur, with Stahl and Donnel both being 5 star, though CYL Ike could probably replace Arthur. Only problem is, I didn't give Donnel Drag Back, and that looks significant here.

Drag Back is one of Donnell's 3* innate skills and cost 150 SP. No need for SI here. 

Btw: the green mage had got Darting Blow which brings him to 41 SPD attacking your Sakura. 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One of my few times of forum Galeforce ... 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Drag Back is one of Donnell's 3* innate skills and cost 150 SP. No need for SI here. 

Btw: the green mage had got Darting Blow which brings him to 41 SPD attacking your Sakura. 

I know, but I don't have the SP for it. I used the SP for other skills.

Oh. I looked at his skillset, but I somehow didn't see it.

I've tried a bunch of combinations, but nothing here is working. I guess I really don't have the right units this time.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If you have a spare Donnel, you can use crystals to level one up very quickly and then grind the rest of the way, if necessary, before merging. 

Or since it's still double SP, it shouldn't be too hard to grind enough points for Drag Back. 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

If you have a spare Donnel, you can use crystals to level one up very quickly and then grind the rest of the way, if necessary, before merging. 

Or since it's still double SP, it shouldn't be too hard to grind enough points for Drag Back. 

I don't, sorry...

But yeah, it IS double SP and I could see how much my Donnel needs.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:58 AM, Apples said:

I juat cleared Lunatic with a team of Alfonse, Sharena, -Atk Dierdre, and Arvis so it's definitely possible. 

I managed to clear Infernal by following a strat I saw on youtube. I just need to clear Lunatic and probably take on the quests. 

Ugh, no matter what I did, that strategy with Donnel, Stahl, Olivia, and CYL Ike just doesn't work for me. The enemy units move differently, likely due to my units having different stats and skills than in the video. I can come close to winning, but not close enough.

I don't think I have any units that can do Infernal. It sucks, but it looks to be true...

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, no matter what I did, that strategy with Donnel, Stahl, Olivia, and CYL Ike just doesn't work for me. The enemy units move differently, likely due to my units having different stats and skills than in the video. I can come close to winning, but not close enough.

I don't think I have any units that can do Infernal. It sucks, but it looks to be true...

I know I've managed to beat Infernal a few different ways. My original strategy used, Nino, M. Robin, Sanaki, and Azura. The second time around, I'm pretty sure I ended up using Soren. And the third time I used Sharena, Alfonse, Innes, and PA!Azura. I'm pretty sure you have a 5 star Nino, M. Robin, and Azura. If you have a red mage with relatively high ATK, you can give them G. Tomebreaker, and you might be able to replicate the strategy. 

The thing with copying others' strategies with different units is that the AI will react differently. Sometimes it's workable, sometimes it calls for an entirely different strategy. For example, in my third strategy, if I switched the positions of Sharena and Alfonse, the AI shifted completely despite a relatively minor change. CYL Ike's stats are super different from Arthur's. And Donnel and Stahl both being 5 stars without neutral stats likely changes things as well. The only way for the strategy to work exactly the way in the video is to use the exact same units at the same rarity with the exact same skills. 

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I know I've managed to beat Infernal a few different ways. My original strategy used, Nino, M. Robin, Sanaki, and Azura. The second time around, I'm pretty sure I ended up using Soren. And the third time I used Sharena, Alfonse, Innes, and PA!Azura. I'm pretty sure you have a 5 star Nino, M. Robin, and Azura. If you have a red mage with relatively high ATK, you can give them G. Tomebreaker, and you might be able to replicate the strategy. 

The thing with copying others' strategies with different units is that the AI will react differently. Sometimes it's workable, sometimes it calls for an entirely different strategy. For example, in my third strategy, if I switched the positions of Sharena and Alfonse, the AI shifted completely despite a relatively minor change. CYL Ike's stats are super different from Arthur's. And Donnel and Stahl both being 5 stars without neutral stats likely changes things as well. The only way for the strategy to work exactly the way in the video is to use the exact same units at the same rarity with the exact same skills. 

Yeah, I don't have G Tomebreaker...

But I found a way to clear the map anyway! I still mostly used the strat in the video you showed me, I just swapped out CYL Ike for Nino. My problem was I couldn't wipe out Alm before he could trigger his special a second time. Nino could still beat the lance cav just the same way as CYL Ike, so I just had her hit Alm later and then Donnel finished him off. That let Stahl go in and take care of the axe Peg and finish things.

Oh, I realised I haven’t shared my experience in clearing this. I already beat Infernal back in July with Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Cecilia, so didn’t care about that.

My arena team of Sharena, Ninian, Arvis, and CYL Ike re-cleared Lunatic for the quest, and Sharena killed almost everyone, surviving the whole ordeal with 2 or so HP.
Did I mention I love Sharena?

For the use Alfonse quest I took Xander, Reinhardt, and Cecilia (the green mage has a sweep, and the blue mage has Bowbreaker, so Lyn didn’t cut it) who did all the work while Alfonse hid in the corner.

For the defeat Ceica with Alfonse quest I wasted a potion on 11-1 before I realised Reinhardt has to unequip both Atk+2 seal and Draconic Aura in order not to kill Celica on counterattack. He left her on 2 HP, so even Alfonse was able to finish her off. Damn Alfonse is weak at four stars.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:26 PM, Johann said:

Ah, that was fun, I should check these threads more. Won with Felicia and Cherche (setup in spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

image3.png.afc2c5f94e14894e34710f55c1d35831.png

No supports used at all, Felicia is +1 with +spd/-def, and Cherche is +atk/-hp

Felicia pretty much just baited all the mages (go go feather duster), and it was pretty fortunate that she left Celica barely alive for Alfonse to finish off. Cherche took out the Lance Cavalier and the Axe Flier.

Reveal hidden contents

image1.thumb.png.7ae3b2148c7f3723196a42e4785785a2.pngimage2.thumb.png.ba3ea7578dc3ef2d7273c9aefcd9969f.png

19 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

A team of base 5 star Felicia with either +Res or some sort of sustainability (Mine had Renewal 3) and Atk Ploy 1 seal with a base 5* Alfonse (with Spur Atk 3) and base 5* Sharon (Mine has Luna and Panic Ploy 2, but that really didn't matter) is able to clear all 4 quests in 1 go.

Best maid putting in work. ( *• ̀ω•́ )b

@SatsumaFSoysoy Here's my attempt for the challenge.

Spoiler

Edited by Fei Mao