Bound Hero Battle: The Ladies of Macedon

SatsumaFSoysoy

I was going to try it with my dragons at first since F!Corrin's team was up on my bar. But the dragons got kicked in the teeth, though part of that was I positioned badly at the start, somehow I failed to realize they weren't waiting for aggro and was all out of place trying to get the perfect position). So I sent Amelia and the Armors in to get revenge. Basically baited the firesweep with Hector. Minerva survived with 2 HP. Effie and Amelia murder Minerva and the Red Mage. Hector moves in front of Bridal Lyn and murders the other blue flier(never even needed Lyn, she must feel so unneeded). The rest went pretty easy. Amelia and Effie went and swept through everything else with ease. Though to be fair Effie is a +9 4*. But she survived with enough HP that her added bulk from merges didn't matter much. And she killed everything she attacked with enough margin that I doubt the lower attack from unmerged would have mattered, plus I don't have a Brave Lance+ so that would be a quick way to bridge the unmerged/merged attack gap if it actually mattered.

I don't really need stamina for much. Maybe I should try with my fliers. Minerva vs. Minerva who will come out on top? Pretty sure the fact that those cheaters have Hone Fliers means my Minerva is in a bit of pickle.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad I finished up my Quadsuna project recently -- With support from two refreshers B!Lucina she pretty much cleaned house on Infernal.  B!Lucina had QR1 from the latest Tempest Trial, which was more than enough to allow her to bait and kill the red flier.  Otherwise, Setsuna got every kill. 

Had an easy time with my usual Team Flying Death Princesses: Elincia, Hinoka, Summer Corrin, and Spring Camilla.

First try on all difficulties. Might be the first time I've pulled that off, at least since Infernal was introduced.

@Vaximillian @MrSmokestack@Arcanite @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove

Went for a "cuter" line up this time around, or whatever your standard of cute looks like

uUuB5Sn.pngnRaKOVS.png

Michalis to Maria: Git Gud, probably

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Went for a "cuter" line up this time around, or whatever your standard of cute looks like

Im not impressed until I see Michalis killing Maria without 2 horses

Kids and their horse emblem these days smh

Finished in 1 try. Merged Nino, Klein, Inigo and Eirika did the trick. Since I was bored, I did it again with Klein and his harem of Olivias. One of them being PA!Olivia since I ran out of the regular ones.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Im not impressed until I see Michalis killing Maria without 2 horses

Kids and their horse emblem these days smh

I AM THE BOY OF MY ROY
HARDIN IS MY BODY AND PONY IS MY BLOOD

I HAVE CHEESED OVER A THOUSAND INFERNAL

UNKNOWN TO HONOR
NOHR KNOWN OF SHAME

HAVING ACTIVATED OVER A THOUSAND GALEFORCE
YET SERENESFOREST WILL NEVER STOP DOUBLE POSTING
SO AS I PRAY
UNLIMITED HORSE EMBLEM WORKS

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

The usual suspects (Faye, Fae, Ninian, Olivia) take part in my fun clear. I’m trying to get something going with either Arthur or Narcian, but no joy so far. I should probably finish training up the rest of the neutral 4* Lv. 1s sitting in my barracks first, and see if that goes anywhere...

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I AM THE BOY OF MY ROY
HARDIN IS MY BODY AND PONY IS MY BLOOD

I HAVE CHEESED OVER A THOUSAND INFERNAL

UNKNOWN TO HONOR
NOHR KNOWN OF SHAME

HAVING ACTIVATED OVER A THOUSAND GALEFORCE
YET SERENESFOREST WILL NEVER STOP DOUBLE POSTING
SO AS I PRAY
UNLIMITED HORSE EMBLEM WORKS

Horse emblem broke my skill and now I have no idea how to do anything else

Yeah, that's what I thought

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bride Cordelia doesn’t.

Neither does Nino :smug:

Well maybe but

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

can he actually be a mage?

I just wanted canon to be made real in this game :(

he can reclass to Sage, and dm with male merge

You could give him A Tomes in New Game+ instantly

Spirit dusts there should be 4-6?

Its definitely doable. Not going to do it on my H4 run though lol

Managed to beat Infernal on my second try using a flier emblem team (Elincia, Hinoka, S!Corrin, Cherche). I was a bit too scared of being surprised by flier formation or guidance the first try, so I played too defensive. It was a cinch the next try though.

Fun Fact: This is our second true Bound Hero Battle.

Why?

FE1/11: Maria is imprisoned as a hostage to keep Minerva loyal to Michalis's Macedon, she is rescued by Marth. FE3/12: Minerva's generals rebel and capture her, she is rescued by Michalis. Hence, both heroes have been bound in the past.

The only other Bound Hero Battle which is truly a Bound Hero Battle is the Cecilia and Lilina one. Because Lilina is imprisoned during C8 and Cecilia during C13 is thrown in a dungeon (both rescued by Roy). Both have been bound.

Hawkeye never gets bound- and good luck holding back all of that gigantic muscular manhood! Ninian on the other hand is captured, five times: When Nergal first calls her over, when she flees and gets captured again only for Eliwood to rescue her on Lyn Mode, when she gets recaptured after Lyn Mode, when Eli Lyn and Hec go to Dread Isle, and when she offers herself to Nergal to save her friends from his wrath. So we have a half BHB here, albeit the one half is arguably bound more than enough to compensate for the other's unboundedness.

Eirika gets into some nasty trouble where she is surrounded but is never captured per se, and Ephraim could go walking around drunk and naked and he would still be uncapturable because he can't remove his plot armor. (Well technically, Ephraim is bound when Lyon smashes the SS of Renais on Eph's route. But canonically that never happens, as Ephraim is too perfect according to the laws of physics for that to be possible, so a dimensional portal actually opens during that scene and an Eirika from another world replaces him until it ends.) This is no Bound Hero Battle at all! Unless it refers to their preferred form of late night entertainment together.

Well, this is annoying. The pegasus knight with the Slaying Edge does 1 damage less than the amount needed to trigger Wings of Mercy for Peri. I'll try some other things later tonight. Might have to switch to a Brave Lance to double attack the lance pegasus knights without Lancebreaker, though I'm not sure if I can break through Minerva with it.

This would be a bit easier if I give Ninian a weapon, but that defeats the point.

Here's my clear. In recording the footage I couldn't remember what I did on my initial run, so everything past about halfway through player phase 2 was improvised. I'm actually surprised this team had gotten the results I wanted. Bridelia and a dancer seem given, but the dancer is Raventome which I never thought would be a thing, and Frederick continues to be MVP. I have to wonder why Freddy isn't seen more often, or at least more talk of him...

My strategy: Hit and Run. Drag Back on Freddy plus Reposition and Dancer let me pick off at least one unit per turn, even though the enemy should have been able to get to my team quickly.

Spoiler

I feel like I should do custom thumbnails one day, but eh, too much effort for something about 10 people MAYBE will ever see.

Edited by Xenomata

Well, that was disappointingly easy, I flew through all difficulties on the first attempt with a Flier Emblem team of Elincia, Est, Cherche, and Summer Corrin. It's basically just about nuking the closest enemies and then positioning to safety, there's really not more to it.