Illusory Dungeon!

SatsumaFSoysoy

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is a B good enough? It wasn’t actually Narcian that gave me trouble but the enemies leading up to him. Also I get a feeling this is Awakening’s payback for saying it has some of my least favorite soundtrack :sob:

B is good enough, but...it takes a real man or woman to get A.

You're actually barred from getting at least A if you get a game over at all. I made it with 2 hearts remaining, and this is with max hearts...I'd just barely gotten A, but I fucking DID IT, son~

The trick is you need to hold your finger close enough to the touch screen that you can do it quickly without too much effort...because the more effort you put in, the more likely you make mistakes.

image.png.d5c8ba52127c22f8da1a3782b91afb78.png

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hot spring was a bug surprise, and not the one I was expecting...

Oh well, at least we got a fair amount of orbs and other rewards along the way.

This entire Dungeon was FE6 themed, at least the bosses. So, could the next main banner be FE6?

So I finished the final floor with my flier emblem team. I see them all fly towards and jump in while still on their mounts. Then I see them in there with only the rider's heads above water! Did they just drown the poor pegasi and wyvern?! And a broom I suppose, but I don't think brooms need to breath. . . not even flying ones.

4 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I am most pleased with this reward, loli hot springs scene :)

SvbBzw9l.png

"Everyone's having a great time chatting together", as Myrrh seethes silently on her own, staring at her carefree compatriots. 

The hotspring thing was funny though. I put a bunch of well-dressed horses together, so Sigurd, Eldigan and Camus took an awkward dip with Eirika.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

AAAHHHHHHHH

jzHxMnx.png

@Rezzy @Vaximillian @DefaultBeep @Alexmender @eclipse @MilodicMellodi

Mass ping celebration

Congrats, what difficulty was that on?  I find the new mode pretty fun, though I stick to easy mode.  I found it a bit funny when my whole team jumped in the goo and drowned their horses.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, what difficulty was that on?  I find the new mode pretty fun, though I stick to easy mode.  I found it a bit funny when my whole team jumped in the goo and drowned their horses.

I edited it in, it's Hard/Expert. 113 is full combo before Narcian, and I'm fairly sure Normal has fewer notes.

17 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'm a bit concerned that the "water" more resembles some sort of toxic industrial sludge.

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the water bathed in by Bowser in the final battle of Super Mario Sunshine (which is just weird/weak even by Mario standards). 

So a rhythm game ends in a hot spring scene? Even though there is no scandalous substance to the scene, I dislike it being the stick in the mud I am. I'm poor with rhythm games too, to the point of failing the Wii DDR game with Gamecube Controller controls. No need to ever touch when this when I get around to playing.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the water bathed in by Bowser in the final battle of Super Mario Sunshine (which is just weird/weak even by Mario standards). 

So a rhythm game ends in a hot spring scene? Even though there is no scandalous substance to the scene, I dislike it being the stick in the mud I am. I'm poor with rhythm games too, to the point of failing the Wii DDR game with Gamecube Controller controls. No need to ever touch when this when I get around to playing.

Why don't you play it now?  It's free, and you like monitoring the forums.

So, is this the end of the Illusory DDR Dungeon?  It was a fun little side quest, if a bit silly.  I was expecting a bit more at the end, with how much they hyped it.

Edited by Rezzy

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why don't you play it now?  It's free, and you like monitoring the forums.

I've been telling myself to just start "playing" just enough to get the occasional free login Orbs, so I'll when I finally decide to start doing real play I'll have them, but I've never gotten to that.

I have DL'ed the game, and from time to time I've contemplated hopping in since like last summer. But I just keep finding some excuse to delay entry. Either I nitpick a banner as not appealing or having some issue (stat creep, Gleipnirika, Seasonal, etc.), the artwork as not appealing, or I assemble a checklist of things that must happen before I join in like:

• 3 Star pool expansion/5 Star pool decrease (hahahahahah!).
  • Fair representation for all games (so I'm waiting on T776 primarily and Gen 2 FE4, along with a couple other things, like more Gen 2 Awakening and a dedicated non-Seasonal Binding banner).
  • Enough characters I happen to really like (so a bunch of 7-10 characters mostly, though I do have those I casually like from the games I haven't actually played and from FE11 too)
  • Laguz.
  • Weapon upgrades for the Askr trio.

Holding out is meaningless, and illogical. I might never be satisfied on the characters until two days before the game shuts down unless I put my foot down at some point and force myself to realize "Your expectations are too high! Settle!".

Plus, lacking an independent income of my own and not liking to play the lottery or gamble IRL, I'd be strictly FTP. Unless the character that causes me to put my foot down is a freebie (Sephiran (who like me is highly rational but paradoxically mad and can see it for themselves and act all the calm through it) is likely to be a GHB so that might be the case), waiting until the banner comes is perfectly stupid. If I wait until exactly then, then I'll have no Orbs saved up and won't be able to nab whatever harder ones are available due to lack of a trained team of varied units across unit types, so I very much might not get the character I want from the banner, which is very bad because off banner I think I heard someone say I have .3% chance of getting a particular 5* character, which means next to impossible for me.

There is also an irony in me not normally in FE caring all that much about my personal opinion of a character yet using them. I don't like Ephraim very much, but there is not a run of SS where I won't use him due to acknowledging he is forced on his route, good to train on Eri's, and just be a very competent unit overall. I've used Tharja, Camilla, Nowi, Ike, Hector, Lucina, Soleil, Xander.... any and all characters of some controversy in FE without batting an eye. So why should I care about FEH not having enough characters I like outside of gameplay in it?

...I'm trying to think of a personal title or some Skill that summarizes me in a witty and deprecating way based on the above mountain of text, but nothing comes to mind.

But yes, I do love the gossip.