If you could change 5 things about FEH

Arcphoenix

Honestly, IS has done a lot of controversial things lately with FEH. What would be your top picks? Maybe changing a gamemode, not introducing certain elements, fixing certain modes, altering scores, perhaps making changes to certain events or the [fill in adjective] hero battle maps. Maybe you want to add something new. That's fair as well.

Spoiler

1. For starters, I feel IS needs to have a PVP mode that keeps P2W players and F2P players at equal ground. IS could introduce a new mode for this. An alternative that comes to mind is having a "ranked" versus "regular" arena and aether raids matches. Perhaps ranked has some limitations such as some units being outright banned (Surtr is way too powerful, and perhaps CYL!Veronica) and perhaps blessings having no effect. There would be no unit bonuses either. (It would definitely be annoying having to do double the work, but for something that is actually fair and competitive, I feel it would be great). Honestly, I wouldn't have allowed Mythic Heroes to act any differently from legendary Heroes which would solve many, many of these problems .

2. I wouldn't have let Surtr get past approval without the team coming up with a more fair weapon for him to carry. Something in line with Fallen Takumi and Garon's prfs at the most powerful. Also, I want IS to have a presidence that any enemy units made into ally units do NOT need to have the weapon copy-pasted.

3. I'd reconsider skill distribution or at least alleviate some issues associated with it. Some of the breaker skills (especially tomes) are a nuisance to get. There's also the fact that many new weapons are only ever given to the unit they're launched with while this wasn't the case with gen 1 units. It's also worth mentioning that one can only get, at most, Guard 2 and Quick Riposte 2 from non-five star fodder.

4. Making Divine Dew easier to get. IS keeps introducing refines but divine dew takes forever to obtain. An increase in the Sacred Coin flow wouldn't hurt either.

5. Give everyone a free MIchaiah. Yeah, this is completely random and likely to never happen. I am going to say that if you ever get a Michaiah it makes FEH so much easier. Her huge res stat, potential for double distant defense, prf which is anti-calv and anti-armor, and her potential to be a pseudohealer make her an amazing unit. If everyone had a Michaiah, calvary and armor emblem wouldn't be as much trouble to deal with. It doesn't even have to be a Michaiah. Just an OC perhaps that everyone can get for free. Emphasis on everyone and free. Who knows, it may even prompt people to reconsider their defense teams. I may replace this point later. I just needed something for this spot and this just came to mind, honestly.

Honorable mentions:

1. Rebalancing of certain skills. The vengeance series needs an update to be more useful. Either the percentage needs to be increased, the special needs a static addition to attack (like a combat buff) or damage dealt (like wo dao), or the cooldown needs to be decreased (which might become to much when I think about it). Ardent Sacrifice could be updated to remove the panic condition and whatever the heck Aversa's tome does.

2. Master Seals. I believe I heard somewhere that IS can't actually tamper with the stats of summonable units. This is a loophole. Master seals "promote" units, specifically targeting Gen 1 units pre-BST creep. The seals add stats to the unit based on who it is. When looking at the character screen, the seal icon will be just above and to the left of the rarity or above the blessing and  support rank. When tapped it will open a dialogue box containing an explanation of which stats are affected. These seals can be updated by IS to match the current BST standard without affecting the base unit itself

Edited by Arcphoenix

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing rarity locks on skills. Or at least on 4* units

5 star demotions for heroes up until Genealogy

Put launch 3-4* units in a separate summoning pool that you get a full free session daily. If you want more you can spend orbs, but the price of summoning is much less than regularly (5->3, 4->2, 3->1). Launch 5 star units that are demoted are also in this batch of heroes. As for how to get players to pull on these banners. The banner focus changes every week. Focus rates are high. Like 8-10% or something. The reason for this summoning pool is because the units' SI isn't that great as a whole and some offer garbage compared to skills we got from this year's demotes. And a lot of units have garbage fodder unless there's some kind of rarity unlock that's going to happen that might make weapon inheriting easier

Less strenuous arena scoring

Redesigning VG to be something different than what it is now

Edited by silveraura25

36 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I wouldn't have let Surtr get past approval without the team coming up with a more fair weapon for him to carry. Something in line with Fallen Takumi and Garon's prfs at the most powerful. Also, I want IS to have a presidence that any enemy units made into ally units do NOT need to have the weapon copy-pasted.

This.  The player version of Sinmara should have been made to only work once per battle like Fallen Takumi's prf.

As for my list:

1. Retroactively upgrade the stats of all "book 1" heroes to modern standards.  Prf weapons and refines do not make up for their stat deficit because modern units have access to those things as well.

2. Demote most older 5* exclusive characters who only have 4 skills (the hallmark of modern demotions) to 3-4*.  Some exceptions can be made for those who have skills that could unbalance the game if made too common (Fighter skills other than Wary, DC/CC, etc.) 

3. Either make basic movement assists available in some form other than the gacha, or make them significantly more common (perhaps by giving every unit with an empty assist slot some kind of basic movement assist).

4. More banners, in general.  Bring back 4* focus banners.  Consider having banners with special properties like a boosted rate for a specific color across all rarities (similar to GBF's regular element banner rotation).  Maybe split the 3-4* pool into multiple subgroups which alternate on different focuses, to make specific lower-rarity heroes less paradoxically rare.

5. Make Mythic blessings and Legendary blessings able to coexist on the same unit.

1: Revisit the gender ratio. This is one of my biggest annoyances in the game.

2: Stop with the overabundance of alts. Seasonals are fine. Legendaries/Mythic are fine. The amount of seasonal banners is not fine. The amount of alts on non-seasonal banners is also not fine.

3: Start adding in less popular characters as 3-4*. It's a way to add in skills at a lower level and means the amount of alts won't stop other characters getting in.

4: A way to swap currency. I have way too many Duelling Crests, badges and medals, but no Dew, feathers or coins.

5: A way to showcase units - like my castle but without having to fight. I would love to see something like this. Was so disappointed by AR as a result.

1. More interesting non-ptw stuff to do.  AR before Mythics was a start, but they had to go ruin it...  

2. More non gacha-related ways to strengthen units.  Long term goals for any unit I like, including 5* only units.  The closest thing is saving feathers/grails to merge ftp units, and that's only doable with a very small amount of characters.  I want something that can be done for anyone without gacha.  A combat manual shop can help, for example.

3.  STORY.  The only thing FEH uses to sell characters is stats and skills, and prior attachment to the characters from other entries.  This just lends itself to powercreep, because if they're not marketing characters they have to market stats.  Marketing characters and fleshing everyone out within FEH itself can allow them to dial back the powercreep while still making money.  Not only that, a good story and good characters can increase the engagement of the game, and better retain players.  

4. More even representation of the franchise.  The fact it took 2 YEARS for FE6 to get a banner, while FE14 got four in the past year, is... yeah no.  

5. Adjust non BST boosted units to BST boosted levels via a strengthening quest or something.  

@Arcphoenix Hm... your 5th thing is... quite curious. I have a Micaiah, but I never had the need to use her. She is good? Yes, she is... She is needed? Depends. She is not needed for me. She is really good against mages and cavalry/armored foes, but she isn't that hard to be killed. I never had problems against any Micaiah. She is pretty easy to defeat, since she has low Def and Spd.

I don't know if a free Micaiah would make the game easier for everyone. For me, she would be a free fodder unit, since I don't use her and I never had interest on her. The one I have was a pity break.

This topic sounds familiar.

1. I would overhaul the PvP modes. BST, bonus score, and all other scoring crap would be gone. Units can have dual Blessings. Mythic Blessings would apply outside of Aether Raids. To make it less stressful to players who do not like PvP, Orb and Grail rewards would be based on players' participation rather than players' performance and rank. Feathers, Aether Stones, and other rewards can continue to be based on players' performance and rank.

For Aether Raids specifically:
1. Introduce an Assault mode to Aether Raids so players can practice facing against difficult maps without spending any resources.
2. Tactics Room (O) would have its range buffed to be the same as its School (O) counter part, applying to 3 columns.
3. Daily Aether refills will be replaced by 7 Aether potions that you get at the start of every season.
4. Lift loss while defending would be cut to 40.

With 5 Raiding Parties each with 5 fully open team slots, players have no excuse to not be able to deal ponies and armor units.

I would also move Aether Raids into the Arena category.

2. Bloating is an issue. In addition to annual demotions, I want players to have personal blacklist to prevent certain units from being summoned, that way, players are less likely to get units they absolutely hate as pity breakers and can better manage bloat between demotions. Ideally, the player should be able to black list 20%-50% of each color of each rarity pool (e.g.: players can blacklist more red units than green units; players can black list more 5* red units than 4* red units; players can blacklist 5* Ares but allow 4* Ares). I think at the very minimum, players should at least be allowed to black 3 units of each color from the 5* pool.

3. I want a way to get Special Heroes more reliably. Ideally, I want them to remove the pity breaking 3% and just add that to the Focus group to make it 6%. Since Legendary Hero Foci got most of the Special Heroes already, maybe they can replace the normal 3% pity breakers in Hero Fest to consist of only Special Heroes.

4. Remove multipliers from the Voting Gauntlet.

5. Eliminate Special Maps as a category. Remove the rotation on Special Training Maps so all maps are available at all times, and move them into Training Tower. All other Special Maps will be moved to Story Maps and be available all the time, and let old maps be brought back so newer players can play them too.

1. Fewer Lyns and Camillas (I'd remove Bride Lyn and NY Camilla specifically) and then add a seasonal Ike.

2. Remove BST from the arena scoring factors.

3. Improve the first two books (book III is actually looking good so far) with better story writing mainly so Hrid shines a lot more <3.

4. Rename the Voting Gauntlet or just make it a new mode completely.

5. Make Surtr less OP as others pointed out.

And that's all I think I'll go for. I also agree with more ways to get seasonal units. What's gonna happen when all the previous ones have been rerun already via legendary banners? What about the ones that were already rerun that way and during their respective seasons? Can I ever +10 Summer Freddy? :P I'd love to!

And I have to agree with more even representation of the series too. Two years for FE6 to get even one banner is pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Anacybele

1. Nerf Surtr

2.Bump up the 15 daily feathers to 100 or 200. Still for 1.5 years I have no clue why we get so little each day.

3.Item trading, I want to convert a couple hundred dueling swords into feathers or grails.

4.Skill shop/ Combat manual shop.

5.Make it easier to navigate menus, finding close defense should be easy to find.

Introduce more skills onto existing units in order to make them more valuable as fodder. If they can do it with weapon skills, why are passives off the table? I'm not saying dump Close Counter onto Virion, and Bold Fighter on Draug, but I am saying this game has a lot of exotic, 5 star locked skills that have no reason to be so rare to obtain, like the double stat A skills, the Boost skills, Dance skills, or the double spur skills. This would also give them a chance to make certain high demand skills easier to obtain, such as fury, or reposition. And finally, doling out some unique, uninheritable passives can allow old units to compete with their powercreeped alternative picks without having to make up some kind of prf weapon. At the rate we're going I'm sure there's already more units that have prf weapons than don't. But how many units have unique personal skills? Not counting Legendaries its what, three?

Anyway I'd spend all five of my changes onto this one change.

1. Get rid of the OCs~

2. Make Forging Bonds have better rewards (hopefully that will be the case soon as they're gonna add Summoning Tickets with the next one, making me hope they'll be changing up a few  others).

3. Stop giving units that already have 4 versions more alts~ You can make a full team of your favorite waifu with 4, after that focus on other units. There's no reason any one character should have 5+ versions.

4. Spread out Breaker Skills on more units~ Most of these can be found on two 3-4* units at the maximum, which is absurd. Then you have some like B Tomebreaker being locked to a limited GHB unit. That's ridiculous~ I like @Cute Chao's idea of adding in less popular units as 3-4* as a way they can achieve this~

5. Character demotions~ It's time to get units like Mist, Sonya, Saber, and Luke out of the 5* pool~ Make them 4-5* at the least.

1: Change the summoning pools completely.I've mentioned this but one (or both) of two things can happen

When having a "Focus Banner" (say for Fury). you not only have units who have Fury at 5* you also include units who have Fury (which is like. Hinata/Bartre) then like cut the rest of the pool by half. So if you want Fury. hey. a focus banner, and half of the summoning pool. make this work for each and every skill. Hey you want "Heroes with Breaker Skills." boom. Banner that features Laslow, Arthur, Oscar, Setsuna. (and then everyone else). Raise the 5* (focus) to say 5 (ala Hero Fest), lower the pity rate of others to say 2. - and then there you go. people will still whale and I feel that's the main thing. Legendary - Pick half the roster - and again. cut it. then the next month use the half you cut, and alternate. this way you can still have mass demotions,  - and still make it easier to nab a 3-4 star of a unit you need. 

the second thing is have focus banners solely on series. hey you want a Fates Banner. guess what. everyone in fates is In this banner, everyone else gone. Stock up. hey. Sacred Stones is your Banner? hey - stock up. you're only getting units from sacred stones. again. it would up the whale factor and when they introduce more units (from lesser represented banners) - it be easier to do too. 

2: easier ways to get things if you started the game later. (ie: accessories, skills, etc). 

3: lower the cost of the things. (In general). 20K in feathers is too much (imo), everything costs a crap tonne of dew (which is hard to get), or stones (which isn't plentiful)or grail (which is stupid hard to get because it costs 60+ Aether to play if you're over level 13. it's not fun if it's tedious work to get stuff to make the game not tedious. (I also don't think you should be punished for having one survivor, but that's just me.)

4: put the special training maps in the training tower. i like those maps and it helps me figure out onslaughts and "whomever is coming." but i don't like the fact that i have to choose between badges and grinding someone up super quick

that's it. 
I know people get irked with  more girls than guys in the game - i don't think that's an issue - or why it's a thing - because for me I just want good art and a good unit. it shouldn't matter if it's male or female as long as the unit helps your team. (but i know that's important to people so i would make it so that was there for those who cared about it)

I guess the same with alts. (while i don't think someone like Camilla should be shoehorned into everything - especially when it doesn't make sense for her to be in it (see Adrift). - and I feel a good reason why people get upset is because there are 5 versions of Camilla vs. 0 of Pent, Louise and other people that I don't know. However so i would just be introducing newer poeple, but i don't mind alts. some of my favourite units are alts so i'd just have a blend. 

1. make mythic blessings overlap with legendary blessings. Allow mythic heroes to be blessed by legendary and vice versa

2. Delete following game modes: Voting Gauntlet

3. permant skill unlocking via skill shop/quests whatever

4.summonig pool DIAF (its bad)

5. for fucks sake intoduce finally a competent co-op mode

6. BST calculation crap

7. BST gap reducing quests for gen 1 units

1. Remove BST based arena scoring.

2. Ascendancy system to allow outdated units to gain selectively increased base stats and uninheritable skills.

3. Remove Aether Raids, Arena Assault, and Rival Domains, redistributing the rewards elsewhere.

4. Summoning pool demotions.

5. Infantry exclusive field buffs.

Edited by Etheus

1. Fewer competitive modes, especially ones with exclusive rewards tied to ranking.

2. Farmable resources. Currently, the only relevant farmable resource in the game is Hero Feathers (by means of Hero Merit), which is still limited by the number of characters you have. Divine Dew and Sacred Coins should be made farmable considering (1) refines and Sacred Seals are being released 3 times as fast as the corresponding resource and (2) the slow acquisition of resources used for build customization and experimentation stifles those aspects of the game.

3. Farmable options for skill acquisition. Optimization of your box (excluding merges and blessings) should not be restricted to sheer dumb luck. There should always be an option to farm for some resource that can be used for character optimization, in this case, skill acquisition.

4. Add my suggestion for a Tower game mode.

5. Better communication and responsiveness. I'm not expecting the same levels as, say, Digital Extremes (Warframe), but this is easily the biggest weakness of the Heroes team.

1. No more alts, legendary and brave heroes and whatnot excluded.

2. Remove bonus points for bonus hero kills on arena. I want to use my invested awesome units and not as cheerleaders please.

3. More ways to get grails... I need so many and they come so slow.

4. Remove traps from aether raids. I just find trap testing an annoying mechanic. Refund stones people invested in them and be done with em. Maps are getting too cluttered anyway.

5. No more seasonals. New heroes banners instead, alt-free ofc.

Edited by Falter

1. De-emphasize competition. We already have SIX events/gamemodes that have a ranking system of some kind - FIVE of which are based on pseudo-PvP. We don't need more given that the latest is the hot mess that is Aether Raids. Stop focusing so much on making "PvP" the main player-to-player interaction. Why not introduce more co-op events/gamemodes similar to Awakening's Double Duels or a boss raid system of some kind? Besides, why would the summoner go off fighting other summoners when they should be more focused on more immediate problems such as the current story's Big Bad?

2. Make time-gated resources more available. Many people like building their favorite units but are unable to do anything for several weeks/months just because of not having the resources needed to make that happen.

3. Make resources available in excess more useful. read: make badges and Arena medals more useful - it's pretty easy to get those in excess even without incessantly grinding in Training Tower or Arena since other events/gamemodes like Tap Battles give them out like candy.

4. Summoning demotions. Several older units have NO reason to be 5*-exclusive, even after weapon refinery updates. Such units include Lyn, Saber, Mist, Luke, Katarina, Takumi, etc.

5. Focus more on character interactions. Fire Emblem Heroes is a spin-off game that celebrates the various characters that make up the franchise; however, it doesn't give an appropriate among of screentime for pretty much any character that isn't an OC from FEH. Forging Bonds events is a good first step but it doesn't do enough as it only occurs once a month, focuses on a small handful of characters, bogged down by being a glorified Training Tower, and many of the interactions are generally self-contained to the Forging Bonds' plot or between those of character and the summoner. There are also the weekly 4koma but those are JP-only and require being translated by some third party. More character interactions for the units that we can summon can give players more reason to care about those units (especially for those who may not be familiar with the character and/or the game the character originates from) and may be a nice way to advertise pulling those characters.

This feels like Deja Vu.

1. Better Story Writing and banner-independent chapter release
Even more so than powercreep this is the biggest problem for FEH imo. If you can't give the F2P or non-competitive fans something else to work with it's really hard to keep them interested in the game. Other single-player Gachas do it with the story and even other gachas with competitive elements (like Dx2) have at least some semblance of plot.
Aside from the story writing ranging from painfully basic to bad the slow release of story chapters hurts the pacing so much. If they feel the need for drowning the players with Seasonal banners then that has to change.

2. Skill Inheritance and acquisition
There are two solutions to this. Either make skills more common (as in have multiple characters have the same desired skill) so even duds don't feel like a total waste or make it possible to farm at least basic combat manuals, if not make some of the advanced ones available, too. We have a lot of unused resources like Arena medals or badges, why not allow us to buy some manuals with them? It actually gives some insentive to do something in this game.
Tying to this

3. Separating the Summoning Pool
Remove most of the old 3*-4* and create a permanent banner which only gives you 1*-2* copies of these Heroes with a weekly/bi-weekly focus on 1 character for each color. It's ridicilously hard to get +10 merges on older units because they are just too many 3*-4* in the pool and we don't even get these 4*-focus banners anymore. Making them more accessible at the cost of marginally increasing feather cost seems fair at least.
This also opens up another mass demotion since the pool will be much smaller, meaning a lot of the 5*-exclusives can drop (most of the Gen 1 BST units).

4. Focus on few specific competitive events/modes
We have way too many competitive aspects in this game and most of them are worthless. There is literally no reason why events like TT should have a leaderboard.
Arena Assault and VG should just be gone at this point (though VG has good quest rewards). That leaves us with Arena, Aether Raids and GC for competitive modes which should receive some major reworks regarding how rankings are evaluated (with GC needing more fairness besides just hoarding Lances).

5. Stop releasing regular Alts and multiple Alts of the same character
Self-explainatory.

Edited by The Priest

I'm going to steal a few

1: Gender Ratio: the first year was more or less equal, then this year it's almost 1:2 in favor of females @Cute Chao I'm with you on this one.

2: Cool it down with Alts and seasonal banners.  We haven't had a regular banner with mostly new characters since September with the Ophelia et al Fates banner.

3: Stop the BST powercreep.  Give all Gen 1 units a flar +1 to all stats to line them up with current units, and make that the permanent new BST allotment

4: Remove BST/Blessings from Arena and remove the babysitter kill mechanic for scoring.

5: Character demotions, specifically every launch 5* unit, maybe every pre-Gen 2 5* unit.  Even skills like Distant Counter could be brought down to 4* units.  You'd still need to spend 20K feathers to actually get the skill, not unlike Aether, but after 2 years, it's time to let non-whales play around with more builds.  There are still plenty of 5* locked skills, but this would help open up the game a bit to F2P players and lessen the gap a bit.

I've got more, but these are the first 5 that came to mind.

1. Increase BST on all gen 1 characters to match their gen 2 equivalent
2. Change bold fighter to "if units hp >= 50% and unit initiates, unit can double" 
3.Mass demote year 1 5*'s 
4.Share the alts around and limit them to seasonal banners, we didn't need 4 copies of Eirika/Ephriam, I'm sure L'arachel, or Marisa or Joshua would have liked an alt instead.
5.Half the seasonal banner frequency, clearly IS is running out of popular characters to put on seasonals if they keep rehashing the same characters, the most simple solution, make less seasonals, there are still a couple hundred characters not in this game, you have no shortage of new Heroes IS 

Not much, really.

1. More appreciative and less toxic fanbase.

2. Even out the age and gender representation for the respective types of units. (More male seasonals, more female obvious demotes, more elderly/middle-aged females, more child males.) This doesn't mean to take away what's already in place, but rather to keep it in mind going forward.

3. Along the same lines as 2, adding lesser-known characters/characters from underrepresented games.

4. Stop making so many fanservicey characters. Just because someone has large breasts doesn't mean we have to see them. And if a lady isn't showing off her breasts, it doesn't mean she has to show leg or butt. More modest/"normal-looking" females would be a real breath of fresh air.

That's it, I think. I'm pretty happy with Heroes.

51 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

5.Half the seasonal banner frequency, clearly IS is running out of popular characters to put on seasonals if they keep rehashing the same characters, the most simple solution, make less seasonals, there are still a couple hundred characters not in this game, you have no shortage of new Heroes IS 

January: Happy New Year

February: Love Abounds

Fallen Heroes: I consider a banner that is primarily alts a "Special" banner, even if they get added to the pool

March: Hares at the Fair

April:

May: Bridal Bloom

June: Summer's Arrival

July: A Sketchy Summer

August: Festival in Hoshido

September:

October: Land's Bounty

November: Adrift

December: Gifts of Winter

The most egregious of these is the three "Summer" banners.  The Bridal and Valentines Day banners could also be combined.  "Alt" banners should just be outright removed.

A seasonal banner every 3 months or so would be a bit more bearable, one for each season.

1) Remove Surtr as a playable character. It sets a bad example when the main baddy of an entire chunk of the storyline becomes a playable character, especially if there wasn't a redemption arc for said character. Laevatein, Laegjarn, and Helbindi had their own redemption arc, but Surtr just gets in free because fanservice. It's kind of pathetic in a way.
If he can't be removed, then at least give his weapon a huge nerf, or even make it so he can't be used alongside another Surtr.

2) Make the non-effect refines for Prf weapons (meaning, the ones that add to Atk, Spd, Def, or Res respectively while forgoing the effect on the main version) cheaper than the effect refine. Especially for ranged weapons, which have smaller stat boosts than their melee counterparts. A +Spd Parthia does not, in any way, feel equal to a +Eff Binding Blade, and that's not just because they're different kinds of weapons on different units.

3) Make the older game modes feel impactful again, especially the Voting Gauntlet. Each one feels more like a generic waste of time, and less like a meaningful choice. What happened to the times when everyone was hyped over Camilla vs Ike?

4) Remove the "point bonus when taking out enemies with specific units" system in Arena. Advancing through Arena used to take actual skill...now, I'm incapable of advancing no matter what kind of decisions I make because I don't have the current bonus units. It used to feel like you were actually advancing...now it feels like a game mode specifically designed for P2Ws.

5) Make weapon inheritance useful again. There are 3 types of weapons in this current age of FEH: 1) weapons that counter very specific kinds of units, but don't have any versatility or impact and thus aren't shared often unless for very specific builds (like Armorsmasher+ or Slaying Edge+); 2) weapons that have a somewhat meaningful effect, but don't have useful refinery upgrade options if at all (like Brave and Blade weapons); and 3) weapons that are very useful and somewhat versatile, but are on a rare or season-exclusive unit and are thus awkward to transfer to other units (like, well...most seasonal units' weapons that have a "+").

If I were to have a 6th one, I'd say to get rid of the "Old Man Archetype". Making most of a character's stats be terrible or at least subpar simply because their in-universe age is older is cheap (in the bad way), and it makes it less likely for some people to enjoy the game as much as others because a favorite unit is so trashy. I remember when I got Jagen and wasted all that time and Stamina in the Tower (this was far before the training maps), only to realize that his damage output was close to nothing for a reason. The only reason I didn't stop playing is because I was doing pretty well with my Lucina and Takumi, and thus Jagen became an afterthought.
But that's the thing. If you're going to make a character, don't make them an afterthought. Especially because new units who should have the archetype forced on them, end up perfectly normal and even overly-powerful (like Garon). They shit on their own characters and leave them to die, and they don't even try to hide it in any way.

10 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

it doesn't give an appropriate among of screentime for pretty much any character that isn't an OC from FEH

It doesn’t even give an appropriate amount of screentime even for its OCs. Looking at you, Sharena and Anna. Looking at you, team Nifl.

I do feel obligated to point out, since he's come up a lot in this thread, that the problem with Surtr is not his weapon (which is pretty poor in the hands of the AI, since you can just carefully stay out of its range), but his perfectly optimized stat line.

Sinmara's broken in the hands of the player, sure, but there it doesn't actually matter much until they start making PvE content that expects you to use him.

Edited by Reiska
Because I can't grammar at 3 AM