Tempest Trial+: For a Smile (Dec 17th)

Diovani Bressan

Just now, Othin said:

Hide contents

That's a pretty early one, right? Compared to like Part 2 stuff, which will probably start soon.

Spoiler

If I am not wrong, we learn about Sothis being the God in the Ethereal Moon (The Ball month), so it's near the half of the game, or it's the half of the game in case the player is deciding to go to the Crimson Flower Route.

It's is not as late in the game, but still.... not that early.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the last two TTs I don't think my autobattle team failed a single time. For this one, they failed on the very first attempt. Owies. Hopefully not a sign of things to come. Or if it continues being iffy, hopefully replacing my base-kit regular Jaffar+1 with his merrier self will fix the issues. Fair enough that a complete glass cannon with LnD3 is completely unsuited to autobattles I guess. Not that an unmerged Peganino would do much better, and I'm not keen on using a 4* Marth+8 with a Silver sword.

6 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

AAAAAAAH THE FINAL MAP MUSIC IS AWAKENING!!!

I know, right? It's so awesome! To those who haven't played 3H, "Awakening" is a track in the game, not FE13 😛

Also, the premise for this TT+ is Jaffar fighting to make Nino happy, I called it and it's sooooo adorable!!! Though I also listened to Nino's lines and it seems she comes from a timeline where she grew up with her birth family yet still is close to Jaffar. Huh. The best of both worlds!

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or Duo Hector, especially if he’s +Atk like mine. He just 99 damages Sothis straight to hell.

this is a thing 

i might run
Duo Hector, Nino, Christmas Eirika with Armour boots and armour jaffar. 

get that sweet sweet hm going.

no tactics but...

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm using my +10 OG Marth and it's awful.

The fight against Christmas Sothis or the whole TT?

43 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or Duo Hector, especially if he’s +Atk like mine. He just 99 damages Sothis straight to hell.

Red anti armor weapons are the easiest way to deal with her.

I had no idea she removes her dragon weakness like her regular form. Still Msrth can handle her no problem.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm using my +10 OG Marth and it's awful.

Why not just use Tharja or any Blade mage?

My usual team can handle this TT no problem:
Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Legend Azura, bonus (Flier Nino)

And my auto team still tears Lunatic 5 apart for the most part, especially with how enclosed the maps are:
Bath Camilla, Ares, Legend Azura, bonus

I'm running Marth, Byleth M, Brave Lucina, and Osian and doing fine.

Since I'm planning on merging Jaffar, I may as well upgrade the 4* copy once I get the feathers rather than waiting for the 5*.

I don’t auto battle, and I play on the second highest difficulty. Currently running W Nino and W Marth, alongside Masked Lucina and Hilda. Not too difficult, as Sothis goes down instantly with Marth’s now.

At 15k right now! 

Edited by SockPuppet

12 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I know, right? It's so awesome! To those who haven't played 3H, "Awakening" is a track in the game, not FE13 😛

Also, the premise for this TT+ is Jaffar fighting to make Nino happy, I called it and it's sooooo adorable!!! Though I also listened to Nino's lines and it seems she comes from a timeline where she grew up with her birth family yet still is close to Jaffar. Huh. The best of both worlds!

Thank you so much for this info! I specifically came to this thread to find out what was the name of the song for the final map, it’s my favorite from 3H but I didn’t know what it was called. I need to get it on my iPod so I can listen to it endlessly on repeat. 

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Because I've none.

I would build at least one of each color. Player Phase nukes are like the cheapest units to build.

It's a bit sad using regular Jaffar as a bonus unit here. Mine is +Res -Def and has his default Life and Death 3 equipped, and he reaches 46/42 offenses after getting the Tempest bonus stats... How are his stats so low, there are so many units that he struggles to hit for significant damage. The worst part is that this is with Life and Death equipped, so there really isn't anything I can do to fix him either. I guess refining his dagger might help, but it's hard to justify spending Divine Dew on Jaffar when there's so many other much stronger units that need it.

7 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

It's a bit sad using regular Jaffar as a bonus unit here. Mine is +Res -Def and has his default Life and Death 3 equipped, and he reaches 46/42 offenses after getting the Tempest bonus stats... How are his stats so low, there are so many units that he struggles to hit for significant damage. The worst part is that this is with Life and Death equipped, so there really isn't anything I can do to fix him either. I guess refining his dagger might help, but it's hard to justify spending Divine Dew on Jaffar when there's so many other much stronger units that need it.

Well, one reason could be because yours isn't merged (since only unmerged units have banes...or flaws, as they call it in FEH). It could also be because you didn't put Dragonflowers on him, and this bad boy goes up to +10 in that too (which means he can actually go up +6 in all stats with merges and DFs combined). At full merges and dragonflowers, your Jaffar would have 32 natural Atk.
Another reason is because yours isn't +Atk. He has a superboon in Atk, putting him at 30 natural Atk (36 with full merges and DFs). Add Deathly Dagger to that 36 and that's 47 Atk, or 50 with the refine). That's pretty damn nice for a unit whose exclusive weapon has the same effect as the dreaded Pain+ staff in addition to the Def/Res-7 debuff effect.
Note that this is excusing the bonus stats...just letting you know.
I mean, it's really down to his role honestly. You're asking a guy that can deal 10 damage to his foe AND foes within 2 spaces of said foe to have a huge Atk? Nah m9, he's good where he's at. You want him to kill enemies by himself, give him his refine and Poison Strike and double Savage Blow on him and give him a pocket dancer. His role is "I'm an AoE Special without the Special", and that's how it'll be.

Edited by MilodicMellodi