New event calendar (January-February 2020)

DarkAlf

I’m sad there’s no new hot springs! Lol 😞 well I hope the new heroes aren’t tempting so I can save up for the mythic.

i hope Nina is on a banner, I’m willing to throw some orbs for my first copy!

Edited by SockPuppet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Generally, there's one TT and one GHB for each month, one with one of the two main banners and the other with the other. (The exception being NY, which is a third main banner for whichever month you count it for and adds a second TT to that month.)

When there's both a seasonal and a New Heroes banner in one month, the seasonal gets the TT, but when there's two New Heroes, one gets the TT. That's what happened with Brunnya and Sigrun last year. Sigrun was with the CYL banner, but Brunnya's was otherwise normal.

I totally forgot that Brunnya was a TT hero! It's easy to forget that TT+ isn't just for seasonals when almost every month is 1 New Heroes Banner and 1 Special Heroes Banner.

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Well, considering it took up a spot that would normally go to a New Heroes banner and was alts for characters who've had several alts before, I think it's reasonable for people to dislike the banner and be happy that it's gone for good

Oh look, there's the "but muh New Heroes" response I was kinda expecting. 

Maybe it's because I'm rather low maintenance and/or can no longer be bothered to waste time complaining about a game like this one, but I personally didn't give a shit about that. That said, I suppose the additional alts for Elise, Sakura and Camilla were also enough to please me and no, I still won't apologize for probably being a part of the Fates problem.

I'd almost expect the New Heroes banner coming up to be a Tellius one since we've gotten a January Tellius banner in January the past couple of years, however recently they seem to be breaking their patterns so I'm not so sure. In addition, they seem to be giving us banners for games that haven't gotten one in a little while, and right now we've gone the longest without an FE7 banner. In additional addition, we've gotten our story chapter for the month, so it kinda makes sense that this one would bring paralogues, which kinda whispers "farfetched/brave redux" in my ear. But, hey, we'll see. Honestly, any of those three options would potentially make me happy! Tellius because maybe it'll bring Brom, and FE7 or farfetched because maybe it'll bring Nils.

So the banners/freebies (not including weekly revivals):
1/12: Travant GHB
1/13: New Power (Leif, Henry, Cordelia, Rebecca)
1/18: TT banner
1/19: BHB banner (Sigurd, Lewyn, 3rd unit -- probably Quan)
1/20: New Heroes
1/21: TT
1/22: Chill skills banner (candidates: Laegjarn, Ophelia, Tibarn, Sue, Alm, Byleth, etc.)
1/24: Hot Springs rerun banner
1/27: VG banner(s)
1/28: Cynthia GHB rerun
1/30: Mythic Heroes
2/1: Valor banner (candidates: Gray, Chrom, Lene, Nina, Nagi, Keaton, Maribelle)
2/5: TT banner
2/7: Special Heroes banner
2/8: TT

A lot of skip banners, thankfully. Makes it easier for me to decide on where to spend my orbs. Thankfully, the current FE4 banner runs for 3 weeks.

New Power: Pull red and leave

BHB: Pull green and leave

Chill skills: if Ophelia shows up on this banner, chances are that I won't get her

May end up skipping the hot springs rerun -- not feeling too confident nowadays and I'm not even sure if I could make OG Azura into a working Galeforce dancer, especially since I have a low-merge Azura (+Res, +2).

Mythic Heroes: Probably just gonna do a full first session and then bail; not gonna get burned trying for Leif again.

Valor banner: Hey, actual color variety this time! If Keaton shows up, then I'll pull red and leave.

I'm a bit surprised to see a second TT to go with this banner, but happy to get more orbs!  This could very well be Farfetched Heroes, but we'll see....

After digesting this calendar a bit, I've come up with 404 (+5 for arena tier 21 and 950 score in Allegiance Battles) or 412 (+5) orbs for this month (link to my orb calendar), depending on if this is Chapter 4 or Paralogue 42 coming up in case this is Farfetched Heroes or something similar.  This is the second highest total in a month ever, only to February 2018, which had 437 orbs thanks in part to the 1-year anniversary.  I wonder what they have planned for the 3-year anniversary....

After the gen 2 banner, I think I used up all of my luck.  So it means I'll probably go for one new hero, and attempt a 5* on the mythic hero (and then hope and pray I get one that isn't Eir/Peony, because my luck with them has been atrocious).

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

After the gen 2 banner, I think I used up all of my luck.  So it means I'll probably go for one new hero, and attempt a 5* on the mythic hero (and then hope and pray I get one that isn't Eir/Peony, because my luck with them has been atrocious).

Fortunately for you, neither Eir or Peony (or Fjorm or Vanguard Ike for that matter) will be on that mythic banner. The ones who will be returning are Eliwood, Ephraim, Lucina, Hector, Yune, and Leif.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fortunately for you, neither Eir or Peony (or Fjorm or Vanguard Ike for that matter) will be on that mythic banner. The ones who will be returning are Eliwood, Ephraim, Lucina, Hector, Yune, and Leif.

"Name a lot of characters that don't like me", in a nutshell.  I think the only one I have out of that bunch is Hector, and he's shown up multiple times.

Hoo boy, this one's gonna be rough.  Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Oh how nice, another New Heroes banner this month. I wonder if it's Chapter 4 or just a paralogue chapter since it seems to be tied to the next Tempest Trial event. Guess we will see next Friday on the 17th since that is when it will look like the trailer for it will go up

Neutral about the lack of Hot Springs. I like seasonals for the interesting unit types they bring, but there are only so many ways you can wear a towel. My preferred approach is to have maybe 2-3 floating "seasonals" a year which aren't tied to any specific season or celebration but is just a little silly fun. So last year's Hot Springs and Picnic can be something else equally random but at the same time completely different this year, to end up with the same amount of seasonal banners each year. Circus and Safari?

28 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Oh how nice, another New Heroes banner this month. I wonder if it's Chapter 4 or just a paralogue chapter since it seems to be tied to the next Tempest Trial event. Guess we will see next Friday on the 17th since that is when it will look like the trailer for it will go up

If the new heroes banner was far-fetched with Anna, would you go after her (and merges) regardless of NY!Anna? 

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Neutral about the lack of Hot Springs. I like seasonals for the interesting unit types they bring, but there are only so many ways you can wear a towel. My preferred approach is to have maybe 2-3 floating "seasonals" a year which aren't tied to any specific season or celebration but is just a little silly fun. So last year's Hot Springs and Picnic can be something else equally random but at the same time completely different this year, to end up with the same amount of seasonal banners each year. Circus and Safari?

Pretty much my sentiment, even if I wouldn't mind some more heroes in the picnic style. The art was very nice ... perhaps less armors next time. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If the new heroes banner was far-fetched with Anna, would you go after her (and merges) regardless of NY!Anna? 

If the next banner is Farfetched with Anna from Awakening on it I would want to merge her to +10 as well but I doubt I would be able to pull eleven copies of her with the 300 measly orbs I have at the moment. I would have to summon as many as I can and then save orbs for when she returns on a future banner later in the year.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Certainly curious, though apparently the achievement for Chapter 4 is already in Google Play so maybe....

so i feel that new heroes banner might be the long-awaited farfetched banner, that tempest trial+ is very suspicious

if i recall correctly, the very first farferched heroes banner was composed of a 3-units banner and joshua as a tt reward, while the second also featured a 3-units banner with aversa as a ghb, so yeah that TT+ might be for the 3rd farfetched banner

as for everything else, i don't really care, except that juicy sigurd&levin bhb, since i only need 4 more copies of levin to +10 hin

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Certainly curious, though apparently the achievement for Chapter 4 is already in Google Play so maybe....

Yeah, I noticed that too but we haven't had a New Heroes banner where the characters are showcased in a story chapter and had a Tempest Trials event with them since Book 2. But I don't pay enough attention to google achievements to know if they just decided to put Chapter 4's achievement icon up early under the assumption that obviously there are more than three chapters for Book 4 or if we really are getting two story chapters this month.

Well, I am sooo happy that we will NOT get Hot Springs 2. I also do not believe the Farfetched Heroes 3 will happen. It didn't happen on October, not in November and also not in December... I don't think it will happen.

I think the "Defeat 1,000 foes", I expect a type of rewards every 100 kills (maybe 10 quests, increasing by 100 kill each time). With a TT, this quest should so easy to do.

Since the TT log-in bonus starts on Jan 17th, and the New Heroes banner starts on Jan 19th, the trailer may be Jan 16th (for me, at least).

Honestly, the one thing I am excited is the 3rd Anniversary. The Feh Channel may be in the last week of January, if not a surprise Channel in the night before the even starts. I just want some good free stuff and an explanation for the Divine Codes

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

so i feel that new heroes banner might be the long-awaited farfetched banner, that tempest trial+ is very suspicious

I hope so. While I personally do not really care about the units themselves, it would be nice to know that the developers take players' feedback into consideration and put in more units players really want into the game.

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I also do not believe the Farfetched Heroes 3 will happen. It didn't happen on October, not in November and also not in December... I don't think it will happen.

Better late than never. But since it has been a few months already, it does seem less likely they will do a Farfetched Heroes Focus.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, that "defeat 1000 foes" What the heck? What is this? o_O

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

that's a massive quest. We haven't seen one with requirements that crazy before.

That's not that bad. You can kill 1000 foes in no time, especially with a Tempest Trial in the same week.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's not that bad. You can kill 1000 foes in no time, especially with a Tempest Trial in the same week.

Yeah, it should not be too difficult.

28 enemies per run with 3 runs per day for 10 days is 840 enemies. Completing the weekly Rival Domains will get us 80 enemies per week, or 160 for two weeks. That will take us to 1,000 enemies.

If we add in Training Tower quests and Arena runs, we can probably do it without Tempest Trials.

4 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

If the next banner is Farfetched with Anna from Awakening on it I would want to merge her to +10 as well but I doubt I would be able to pull eleven copies of her with the 300 measly orbs I have at the moment. I would have to summon as many as I can and then save orbs for when she returns on a future banner later in the year.

Good luck in both senses then! 

I now think it's no longer premature to say that Legendary Leif has been the number one unit with the biggest impact on my enjoyment of the game. Period. Moreso even than the likes of Legendary Azura, he's been huge in terms of mitigating my hatred of certain aspects of the game, and thus on keeping me playing. I've gone from about a 40% win rate in ARs to about 90% (any win since I accept any and all deaths). AB is now almost always a one-and-done fight every week. Those two aspects alone have been massive in reducing the rate at which I've been burning out

I don't know if I can realistically +10 him anytime soon as F2P, but I will certainly be looking to improve my +1 Res boon copy; and if there's one of those weird voting things for the anniversary where we pick a nominee for each colour to be a free and/or Hero Fest hero, then it's him without question. Hopefully he's still fresh enough to be involved in the upcoming Anniversary content.

EDIT: I was just considering switching my Summoner support to him when I realise he doesn't have a regular support partner, stupid me.

Edited by Humanoid

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

But i think it will probably be more of a community thing

That's what I'm betting on too. We can't see when the event ends, but unless it's a 1 yr long quest chain like the GHB Elite ones I don't see anyone clearing it without serious grinding.

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Oh I'm sure she will. Intelligent Systems would NEVER release a hero without their legendary weapon. Right? Right? 😄

*looks at Travant missing Gungnir*

Oh that wound is still fresh....

On the other hand, she's a woman from the most recent game so IS may give her Thunderbrand after all. Though that's also plenty reason to put her on a banner instead.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I hope so. While I personally do not really care about the units themselves, it would be nice to know that the developers take players' feedback into consideration and put in more units players really want into the game.

Better late than never. But since it has been a few months already, it does seem less likely they will do a Farfetched Heroes Focus.

but they did that almost all year last year. a huge chunk of the units in the later half of the year were basically off CYL voting. (not to mention the game coverage etc). so i'm pretty sure it's a given that the developers do take players feed back into consideration and put units they want into the game.