Limited Hero Battles!

Diovani Bressan

Ebil Maria is indeed the gamechanger here as prior to now it was barely even worth attempting Abyssal LHBs with my FE1 team. Consider that up until I got her, my next best ranged nuke for these maps was probably ...my -Atk Young Merric? We did get a manual of him so perhaps I should merge to get rid of the bane.

Muddled through with her, Harmonic Caeda, Ascended Tiki and Phina, so it actually does resemble a modern team now. Mostly by fluke - the only unit I pulled intentionally there is Maria. And no, I still don't have CYL Marth, not that I've ever tried to get him either.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear Teams for July 2023

Binding Blade vs. Vigrade: Groom Roy & Eliwood, Bride Lilina, Bride Sophia, Elimine
Engage vs. Tibarn & Nailah: M!Alear, Summer Ivy, Alfred, Etie
Tellius vs. Legion: Yune and Ashera

Three Houses / Hopes vs. L!Ninian: Summer Edelgard & Altina, Spring Bernadetta, Ascended Hilda, Cornelia
Shadow Dragon / (New) Mystery vs. Arval: Bride Tiki & Tiki, Khadein Linde & Sara, Coyote Hardin, Elice

In hindsight, the Bride Tikis were kind of a bad idea against Arval. Unless you also have top tier Res and Still Water 4, you ain't got a chance in hell of beating Arval in a Res check.

Edelgard & Altina were essentially mandatory to get rid of Legendary Ninian ASAP. 

• 4 weeks later...

I

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

FE4/5 Abyssal Maps

I was so upset with this one that I didn't feel like recording the Clarisse battle. The Shez battle was far easier for me because I got a Nerþuz on a free pull a while back and I could use the Deflect seal on Fjorm to survive Shez.

I originally considered sparking Legendary Seliph in order to beat this battle, but because I wasted hundreds of orbs trying to get a Spring Est or Rearmed Robin merge, to no avail, I vetoed the idea. Seriously, my luck with Est and Grima was incredibly bad that it made me want to just stop playing. Maybe I'll try again in a few days, but I don't expect my luck to improve.

I remember getting a dancer Reinhardt from an Arena ticket and decided to use him instead of dancer Eldigan; this was actually one of the most important keys to this battle because he could immediately delete the blue Bat. I gave Asbel some fodder because he's cute Fury 4 isn't that great and he didn't need Null Follow-Up for this map.

Another batch of limited battles. Here's my clears for the Abyssal ones:

Jugdral limitation is not the worst, but it's one of my least favorites. Honestly, both Leifs save it everytime.

Now we have a Heroes limitation... which means Mythic Heroes everywhere!

@GuiltyLoveNice clears!

Your Awakening team did great against Cornelia. I didn't record my clear for it, but I just put Nowi with Null-C on their range, and watched all of them kill themselves on her.

Lyn did great on tanking Colm's special, so Nino could finish him no problems.

Nerþuz is a great units, so very nice that you were able to get her. And Fjorm did well tanking Shez's strong attacks.

Yeah... I played Veronica & Embla maps without being a one-turn, and it was quite annoying. But you did great with your units, and that Dancer Reinhardt came at the right time to you.

I recorded my attempt, in case I found a way to do it but then forget when I decide to record the clear, as you can see below. I didn't record a clear after this because I found a way to one-turn it.

• 4 weeks later...

Gotoh and Fomortiis with only Engage units was probably the most ridiculous map I've done in a while.

I was able to get through Lunatic using only the 4 free units with no skill inheritance (+0 Etie, +3 Lumera, +0 Male Alear, +2 Zephia, all neutral, no Reposition) and only Sacred Seals.

However, I had to bring out Legendary Alear (+4 Spd Asset, no skill inheritance except for Reposition) and give everyone Reposition for Infernal and Abyssal with the ending of the Abyssal map being just Zephia chipping Fomortiis to death 5 damage (after his passive healing) every other turn with her Windsweep using the pillar and chasm to run circles around him because no one else could actually fight him.

I'm glad there's no turn limit on these.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

However, I had to bring out Legendary Alear (+4 Spd Asset, no skill inheritance except for Reposition) and give everyone Reposition for Infernal and Abyssal with the ending of the Abyssal map being just Zephia chipping Fomortiis to death 5 damage (after his passive healing) every other turn with her Windsweep using the pillar and chasm to run circles around him because no one else could actually fight him.

Really? My Legendary Alear (+0, +Def/-Atk, Reposition as only inherited skill, and DC Dragon seal) destroyed Fomortiis, dealing 55 damage with her special and only taking 16 damage from the Bonfire attack.

Did you forget to run Alear with a support partner, to give her the Null Damage Reduction in the Dragon Blast, plus the extra damage reduction for being within 3 spaces of said ally?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Neither my +1 F Alear (+Atk) nor my Diamant (+Spd -Def) could tank Formortiis. I didn't really need to look into the reasons why, because the neutral unmerged Alcryst I sparked could effortlessly one-round him.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I see people in the subreddit posting videos of Diamant true-soloing the map, or perhaps his Def bane is really hobbling him that much. So in the end for me, it was Diamant S supported by Ivy (neutral), plus Alcryst and Citrinne (+Res -Atk). None with any merges.

P.S. I was initially running Citrinne with a blank A-slot because I'm a cheapskate, before I relented and gave her ...Death Blow 3. Yes I'm really still stuck with 2017-era skill valuation.

Edited by Humanoid

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Really? My Legendary Alear (+0, +Def/-Atk, Reposition as only inherited skill, and DC Dragon seal) destroyed Fomortiis, dealing 55 damage with her special and only taking 16 damage from the Bonfire attack.

Did you forget to run Alear with a support partner, to give her the Null Damage Reduction in the Dragon Blast, plus the extra damage reduction for being within 3 spaces of said ally?

No supports. I'm running minimum possible investment on my units, which is why I didn't use Diamant or Alcryst despite having them leveled.

EDIT: Here's the full team I was using:

+4 Legendary Female Alear [+Spd] (Dragon's Fist, Reposition, Dragon Blast, Atk/Spd Finish 4, Null C-Disrupt 4, Atk/Spd Pledge, Distant Counter (D))
+0 Male Alear [=] (Liberation, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, Repel 4, Green Feud 3, Null Follow-Up 3)
+0 Etie [=] (Protection Bow+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk/Def Ideal 3, Atk/Def Gap 3, Drive Atk 2)
+2 Zephia [=] (Packleader Tome, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Atk/Spd Catch 3, Windsweep 3, Blade Session 3)

Edited by Ice Dragon

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No supports. I'm running minimum possible investment on my units, which is why I didn't use Diamant or Alcryst despite having them leveled.

EDIT: Here's the full team I was using:

+4 Legendary Female Alear [+Spd] (Dragon's Fist, Reposition, Dragon Blast, Atk/Spd Finish 4, Null C-Disrupt 4, Atk/Spd Pledge, Distant Counter (D))
+0 Male Alear [=] (Liberation, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, Repel 4, Green Feud 3, Null Follow-Up 3)
+0 Etie [=] (Protection Bow+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk/Def Ideal 3, Atk/Def Gap 3, Drive Atk 2)
+2 Zephia [=] (Packleader Tome, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Atk/Spd Catch 3, Windsweep 3, Blade Session 3)

I don't think having C Rank support with one ally just to have more effects in the Special is considering an investment, but if you want to make it harder to you then that's okay. You still was able to beat the map, and that's what matters.

I can’t believe IS allowed this to happen. All they had to do was assign Sacred Stones (which got skipped two months ago to make room for Engage and hasn’t turned up since then) to Fallen Linus. If they had done that, then Engage would’ve been assigned to Berkut instead.

That said, it’s up to you decide if Binding Blade only for Gotoh & Fomortiis would’ve been that much better. FE6 at least has dancers and staff units available.

Welp. I managed to beat Infernal with just the free units (in deployment order):

+3 Lumera [=] (base kit + Bonus Doubler 3)
+0 Etie [=] (base kit + Reposition + Res Opening 3)
+0 Male Alear [=] (base kit + Mystic Boost 3)
+2 Zephia [=] (base kit + Even Spd Wave 3)

tceMfe7.png

I'm pretty sure I can't do it with this team on Abyssal without some significant skill inheritance.

F & G ended up not as bad as I thought they would be. I used base F!Alear, Ivy (Alear supported), Alfred, and Celine, all unmerged. SI was Windsweep and Draw Back on Ivy and Reposition on Alear. Alear could tank Gotoh, and Alfred (with some Dragonflowers and +Def) could tank Fomortiis, which helped make it possible. Celine's passive healing kept them alive and Ivy was a great nuke.

Good luck to those who haven't summoned any Engage units, though.

Whoever thought it was okay to make the most annoying mythic BHB to date be cleared with units from the game with the least characters that is not TMS is a fucking jerk.

If I didn't have both Alcryst and Citrinne, I would definitely not have been able to beat abyssal. I wasn't even sure I was going to get through infernal, truth be told. Fuck Assault Troop's very existence, I wish that never became an inheritable skill 😐

24 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

This person managed a Fomortiis & Gotoh Abyssal clear using mostly F2P units with minimal SI

That's not minimal skill inheritance. That's no skill inheritance.

A lot of the moves are similar to what I was doing on Infernal, but it bugs me that I wasn't able to do this on Abyssal because Lumera's merges mean that Etie's Gap buffs go to her instead of to Alear.

Which means it's time to see if I can still replicate this with Sacred Seals despite the merges.

EDIT: @Flying Shogi The video title says it's Infernal, not Abyssal. Gotoh has too much HP to do this on Abyssal.

Edited by Ice Dragon

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: @Flying Shogi The video title says it's Infernal, not Abyssal. Gotoh has too much HP to do this on Abyssal.

Thanks for the correction. I pasted the wrong link. I updated it to the Abyssal video. 

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's not minimal skill inheritance. That's no skill inheritance.

I figured it deserved a mention since it's extra skills you have to add to their base kit.

Edited by Flying Shogi

We need more checks for Grand Strategy. Granted my Tellius roster is on the weaker end, this map took me forever to clear on Abyssal. I probably should have busted out Edelgard & Altina but I already committed with these units. The biggest mistake was probably letting that Troubadour run around but MVP goes to Soren for tanking multiple combats with Robin. 

Spoiler

@Diovani Bressan I should have pulled for Legendary Alear... Nice clear 😄

@Flying Shogi Good to see your posts again! Thank you so much for the video showing us how to beat Gotoh and Fomortiis. I had to follow that to win. It's nice to see Jill. Brave Soren is quite strong, too!

I didn't record the Gotoh and Fomortiis battle because I just followed the guide. I forgot to record Berkut, but it doesn't matter because the map is short. I had to switch Azura's C skill to beat Robin here. Ugh! 

My luck on the Wind banner was not very good. I got one Catria with 178 orbs. Isn't she a focus 4 star? The game is getting less fun with my bad luck, so I may uninstall soon... 

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, it absolutely is yet another map trivialised by Harmonic Edelgard. One shot it with her, Harmonic Azura, Winter BK and Ascended Elincia.

I tried it with this team composition and cleared the map in 3 turns on Abyssal. It was cathartic to see Edelgard sweep the map and take out Robin on turn 2. I'm kinda salty that I didn't even try it with Edelgard.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Flying Shogi Good to see your posts again! Thank you so much for the video showing us how to beat Gotoh and Fomortiis. I had to follow that to win. It's nice to see Jill. Brave Soren is quite strong, too!

I'm glad the video was able to help someone out. Someone found it on Reddit and I just shared it here since not everyone goes there.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

My luck on the Wind banner was not very good. I got one Catria with 178 orbs. Isn't she a focus 4 star? The game is getting less fun with my bad luck, so I may uninstall soon... 

Summoning has become stressful for me. I legit have to mentally prep myself to summon on banners when I'm "low" on orbs and I consider anything under 200 to be "low". While I do have a stash in the story map/Paralogue orbs, it's a miserable experience when I actually have to dig into that stash because I just want to clear the maps as quickly as possible to get the orbs while the idea of not knowing how many more orbs it'll take looming over me is not a good time.

If it not for seeing people on Youtube get 4* focus units, I'd be a less inclined to believe it since I personally haven't had much luck pulling them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Yuri was the freest Legendary LHB in a long time for me. With Mark, Duo Lyn, L!Eliwood, and L!Ninian I beat all difficulties first try with ease. I was able to have Mark and Lyn both with 58 Atk, so Eliwood's Vision of Arcadia II hit them both so everyone on the team had Canto (Lyn already has S/D Far Trace, but this still let her Canto when she used 2 move).